Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,350 members, 7,926,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 08:48 AM

Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? (4062 Views)

Is there any repercussions when you sleep with married women as fun / This Is Why Men No Longer Chase Women As Before. / My Experience With Women As A Good Looking Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ThrillPlus: 12:59pm On May 01, 2019
Feminism is a term used to refer to the advocacy of women rights. In the last decades, there have been agitations that women should be more recognized in our societies. In Nigeria, can it happen that people will accord same rights and privileges to men and women?

Read more: https://thrillplus..com/2019/05/are-men-and-women-equal.html

It is obvious there's a lot of stereotype thinking in Nigeria.
Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Foodforthought: 3:19pm On May 01, 2019
There is no law in the Nigerian constitution that says men and women are unequal. Cultural differences, that's what you need to address.

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 01, 2019
Both gender are not equal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ThrillPlus: 5:13pm On May 03, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Says who?
Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ImaIma1(f): 5:27pm On May 03, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

Yeah. Women are more intelligent than men wink

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 6:16pm On May 03, 2019
ImaIma1:

Yeah. Women are more negatively intelligent than men wink
Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LordKO(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2019
There's no gender inequality in Nigeria in the first place - gender differences don't mean gender inequality. What's glaring is that aside gender differences, there are extremely small number of altruistic and conscientious people in Nigeria, which makes it possible for expediency to always reign supreme over principle, and both genders are still guilty of this.

In any settings where expediency reigns supreme over principle the most dominant of an entity will always appear as the oppressor whether notionally or realistically.

The country simply needs strong-minded/independent - altruistic and conscientious - men and women to enable equity for all and for its advancement for the good of all irrespective of an individual's gender, class, world view and tribe.

19 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by anthonyuncle(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2019
never!
Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:01pm On May 03, 2019
Women have got to continue to fight for gender equality. There is no gender equality. The men oppress women, that's why you can't see many women heading many official positions in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 03, 2019
I could care less. When Nigerian men are able to stand equally with other men as nation builders and even surpass them in activities other than skull mining, drug dealing, sex trafficking and terrorism, they can lecture me on gender equality. Until then tongue

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Martinez39(m): 9:36pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Women have got to continue to fight for gender equality. There is no gender equality. The men oppress women, that's why you can't see many women heading many official positions in Nigeria.
Nonsense. Women are not oppressed. Go hustle and you will make it whether you are a man or woman.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Martinez39(m): 9:38pm On May 03, 2019
NandiIfeoma:
I could care less. When Nigerian men are able to stand equally with other men as nation builders and even surpass them in activities other than skull mining, drug dealing, sex trafficking and terrorism, they can lecture me on gender equality. Until then tongue
No body is trying to lecture you on gender equality. Whether or not Nigerian men meet a certain standard, gender equality still stands. What an irrational post.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 03, 2019
Martinez39:
No body is trying to lecture you on gender equality. Whether or not Nigerian men meet a certain standard, gender equality still stands. What an irrational post.

Tell that to your fellow ape like "men" in your next incel meeting. I agree, regardless what standards either gender meet or don't meet as whole, it shouldn't affect gender equality or equity, it just seems like you males struggle with understanding that concept the most tongue

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:51pm On May 03, 2019
I don't talk to your kind, not just possible, I wount stoop so low.
Martinez39:
Nonsense. Women are not oppressed. Go hustle and you will make it whether you are a man or woman.
Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 03, 2019
NandiIfeoma:

Tell that to your fellow ape like "men" in your next incel meeting. I agree, regardless what standards either gender meet or don't meet as whole, it shouldn't affect gender equality or equity, it just seems like you males struggle with understanding that concept the most tongue

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

In a way, it's a good thing. So they can't come and revise history and claim it was women who destroyed Nigeria or Africa in any significant way. Their numerous and substantial failures are theirs and theirs alone smiley I just wish there was a Nigerian version of the Umoja village in Kenya to escape their male run failed state.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:07pm On May 03, 2019
;Dnawa o, you just made me laugh tire, you are perfectly correct. True talk.
NandiIfeoma:

In a way, it's a good thing. So they can't come and revise history and claim it was women who destroyed Nigeria or Africa in any significant way. Their numerous and substantial failures are theirs and theirs alone smiley I just wish there was a Nigerian version of the Umoja village in Kenya to escape their male run failed state.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Nobody is oppressing anybody madam.

Most ladies in Nigeria cry for equality online but would depend on men for everything offline.
How can I allow equality when I'm the one responsible for your daily needs or up-keep?

Value is not determined by mere wishes, you work for it, so is respect.

Have you forgotten that he who beats the drum determines the dance step?

9 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:23pm On May 03, 2019
My own is that they should allow women to rule, as in President, vice president and other top positions since the men that ruled and still ruling has shown how useless, daft, clueless they are when it comes leadership and development, 16 years and counting look where we are today.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 03, 2019
kingkakaone:

Most ladies in Nigeria cry for equality online but would depend on men for everything offline.
How can I allow equality when I'm the one responsible for your daily needs or up-keep?

Same way men demand respect, submissiveness and superiority from their richer wives, even when these women foot most bills.

If she doesn't give it, they come crying on how women can't handle power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 03, 2019
NandiIfeoma:

Lol, when ever I say this, these dunderheads start having orgasms.

How can you kick against racial discrimination, shouting "black lives matter" and "humans are equal". Then once it gets to gender, you forget the whole humans things and start waving your erect prick.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:31pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
don't forget these leadership positions many times go BY VOTE. So you are not oppressed. YOU ARE JUST NOT VOTED IN. and remember most voters happen to be WOMEN. so it's you who are not empowering yourself. Get a life and stop blaming men.

11 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:32pm On May 03, 2019
Oga, No matter how women work for it, if our government don't accept equality it can't work ok? I see this agument as a waste of time, becos I expect that you all arguing about this should be enlightened enough to know that the federal and state government give women only 30percent appointment. Just 30percent, isn't that a clear picture of the truth...smh
kingkakaone:

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol, when ever I say this, these dunderheads start having orgasms.

How can you kick against racial discrimination, shouting "black lives matter" and "humans are equal". Then once it gets to gender, you forget the whole humans things and start waving your erect prick.

When hypocrisy is their silent middle name (first sef) why won't they be inconsistent and deceitful grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:35pm On May 03, 2019
Story for the god's! Then why are women given 30percent appointment? Your presidents currently and in times past say women can only occupy 30percnt , and you are hear deceiving yourself not me, talking about votes.
ubunja:
don't forget these leadership positions many times go BY VOTE. So you are not oppressed. YOU ARE JUST NOT VOTED IN. and remember most voters happen to be WOMEN. so it's you who are not empowering yourself. Get a life and stop blaming men.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:38pm On May 03, 2019
NandiIfeoma:

see your life...

Nigerian men are known everywhere as great Lovers. And even here in South Africa everyone knows Nigerian men work for NO ONE. they run their own shît.

Noone knows about Nigerian women. Except that they are bitter feminists.
Also NIGERIAN MEN ARE MORE GOOD LOOKING THAN NIGERIAN WOMEN. Maybe Nigerian men must drop your whiney selves and date other more feminine women.

7 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Story for the god's! Then why are women given 30percent appointment? Your presidents currently and in times past say women can only occupy 30percnt , and you are hear deceiving yourself not me, talking about votes.
go contest and vote each other into positions of power and stop complaining

4 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:40pm On May 03, 2019
Hahahahaha, you haven't said anything.
ubunja:
go contest and vote each other into positions of power and stop complaining

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 03, 2019
NandiIfeoma:

When hypocrisy is their silent middle name (first sef) why won't they be inconsistent and deceitful grin grin grin

As in ehn

"I can't give you equality because I paid your bride price and feed you"

Oh yea, the whites provide almost everything that makes life worth living. Maybe we should go back to being colonized, abi slave trade sef and these brothers will be cool with it.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Oga, No matter how women work for it, if our government don't accept equality it can't work ok? I see this agument as a waste of time, becos I expect that you all arguing about this should be enlightened enough to know that the federal and state government give women only 30percent appointment. Just 30percent, isn't that a clear picture of the truth...smh
you are naive if you think EQUAL RIGHTS means being given everything on a silver plate. Equal Rights mean you are now free to hustle and sweat to get what men hustled and sweated to get from the colonisers.

7 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:44pm On May 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

As in ehn

"I can't give you equality because I paid your bride price and feed you"

Oh yea, the whites provide almost everything that makes life worth living. Maybe we should go back to being colonized, abi slave trade sef and these brothers will be cool with it.

grin
if whites are in power women become 3rd class citizens after the black men and white man.

Go make the change you want to see. You won't get it as cheaply as you get compliments on the streets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? by ubunja(m): 10:45pm On May 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hahahahaha, you haven't said anything.
as long as truth like that goes over your head and doesn't make sense to you prepare to be oppressed till Jesus returns

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Never Marry Her If She Didn't Beg For It / Are you "in love" with a narcissist? Time to put on your thinking cap! / If It Were You Will You Marry Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.