Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed (9163 Views)

Indefinite Strike: Aviation Unions To Shut Local, International Airports / Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) / 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Pavarottii(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2019
Princeton92:
I just hope Akwa Ibom airport won't be closed down for just the same oo, I haven't seen those newly purchased aircrafts functioning there...

Just for the elections charade!
I thought Udom was way better than Akpabio!!
It has not functions cos the fg is still tying their hands with different bereaucacy ... Some people says the presidency don't want it to operate cos it's an opposition state.
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by EdmundChidera(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2019
They don't have passengers because it isn't a business area
Infact it should be shutdown

Who else knows how far about second Niger bridge
kiss
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Nobody: 9:45am On May 02, 2019
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Seetto: 9:49am On May 02, 2019
Ferdinandu:
When the useless airports are not generating any funds how will they pay. The airports that is built for the few elites who just fly in from Abuja to lie to the people in the name of campaign,and also fly in to share the federal allocation when it comes in then fly back to Abuja immediately that is done.
Some states have no business building an airport till they improve the commercial activities in the state but it is a war between the elites and the masses but the Elites seem to be winning always.
grin grin grin
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by 4gunners(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2019
Ferdinandu:
When the useless airports are not generating any funds how will they pay. The airports that is built for the few elites who just fly in from Abuja to lie to the people in the name of campaign,and also fly in to share the federal allocation when it comes in then fly back to Abuja immediately that is done.
Some states have no business building an airport till they improve the commercial activities in the state but it is a war between the elites and the masses but the Elites seem to be winning always.
You've nailed it on the head. What does a state like Gombe and Kebbi need airport for? In fact, aside Kano, Kaduna and Maiduguri, no northern state need airport. The elites are the problem of the region. They've subjugated their people , but I believe it's a time bomb waiting to explode. Insecurity is just one of it.

1 Like

Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Coolgent(m): 10:33am On May 02, 2019
In Kebbi their Governor usually paid over 100m to PHCN monthly for stable power but he cant pay FAAN their dues.
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Nobody: 10:33am On May 02, 2019
sad
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by Pennywise(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2019
Does Gombe really need an airport? For what might I ask? Who will sustain the airline that will require such an airport. Do they think keeping an airline is like maintaining federal character?
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by SSAwhistleblowe: 10:45am On May 02, 2019
Chai the state of things in that Gombe airport is terrible ... the arrival wing is just one small room with two chairs and no additional facilities where passengers just stand and their bags are dropped in front of them to identify.. really sad... the departure wing nko don’t even go there..nawa for Nigeria... and it is supposed to be an international airport ... is it by force to have airport biko?
Re: Gombe And Kebbi Airports Shut Down Due To Debts Owed by 4gunners(m): 2:27pm On May 02, 2019
Pennywise:
Does Gombe really need an airport? For what might I ask? Who will sustain the airline that will require such an airport. Do they think keeping an airline is like maintaining federal character?

Pennywise:

Pennywise:

Keeping an airline is like maintaining federal character?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa / Lagos Task Force Impounds 163 Motorcycles And Arrests 29 Riders (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.