Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:48 PM

Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? (5890 Views)

My Story As Third Class Graduate / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope / Tony Elumelu Of UBA Graduated With Third Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 04, 2007
One of my guys finished with a third in microbiology.he immediately went into IT. Sun certifications etc. it was a long hard road, he had more than a few disappointments along the way.he did get jobs.today, he's self employed, and pulling down some serious doe.Just keep in mind that it won't be easy, but if you're steadfast, you'll get there.Life throws different stumbling blocks our way. but its our choice whether to fall over them, or use them as stepping stones. if my friend had finished with a 2.2, he'd probably be a wage slave in a bank right now. tongue
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by femiseun1: 4:47pm On May 04, 2007
yes it is useless when looking for wage employment, U can try going back to school for another course with a direct entry and its just 2 or 3 years. instead try self employment
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by kitaun(m): 11:28pm On May 04, 2007
Xtycod, isnt it obvious that u r d myopic mofo here? Was I in anyway talking to u?
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by Sonye(f): 12:07pm On May 08, 2007
Are you really interested in programming?If YES, 3rd class might not just be the main thing. Its motivation you should consider. Please give me a call on 08067090339 lets get u started on programming
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by bdaf(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2007
to start wit,a third class in computer sci. is some what hard 2 use in a country like ours depending on ur connection.
if u have connection then there is hope, but if dont, my brother, u beter start with somtin.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by chinnys(f): 1:15pm On May 08, 2007
@ poster

I really feel your pain considering the fact that Nigerians value paper qualifications more. Just try and believe in your self get those certification exams that u think will benefit and uplift your grade. Continue applying and don't be discouraged, You can never tell when your miracle will happen.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by penfold(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2007
now that is really myopic, go back to school! !
femi_seun:

yes it is useless when looking for wage employment, U can try going back to school for another course with a direct entry and its just 2 or 3 years. instead try self employment
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by redsun(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2007
Hail you,@Mickel x,that's just the answer,you got it right,work it yourself,for one to be a graduate,you have to be an independent thinker to an extent,especially when you are in the feild of IT that is open to exploitation if you know what you are doing.BILL GATE,is a university dropout.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by wham(m): 10:09pm On May 13, 2007
Hmmmnnn!!! My guy, u read comp science, u have great skill and u are still waiting. last month two of my friends on different occasions were looking for pple with experience in .NET and Visual basic. The job was a contract job for a year or two (i cant rem). But they were not concerned whether the person even had a 1st degree. Jobs like that are available. Network urself well. Try and find out which of these computer application/progs are on demand (Not necessarily those Certifications o!). Then maybe one good complete certification to color ur Cv. THE SKY IS UR LIMIT BRO. I have a third class in Engr. but I wish I were u (with ur degree in Comp). Well my flare is in 2D/3d Animation and Graphix, and not all that programming and SQL stuff. I'm not waiting necessarily waiting 4 those narrow minded employers to talk me down in their so called interviews. I have to start something on my own and wit other sharp pple. Just have a good target. Check in the papers to see what coys req 4 Network administrators. Stick to God if u havent been walking wit him and ur life wld end up even better than pple u envy now (if u maintain focus o!). Cheers.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by ikuyinminu(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2007
i will want you to upgrade your self. i tinkt he course is a professional course which you could either go into data processing or you other usefulness for the course,  I have a uncle recieving contractrs at AIT/RAYPOWER. nATIONWIDE, He is a big and rich man now, He did programming and i think as you said you can compete with the 2.1 students.,then i will advice you to go into programming.Read wide in your computer studies okay,
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by Kato707: 5:13pm On May 16, 2007
Thank you all 4  your encouragement!
I strongly believe in myself more than before. I've always been enterpreneurial driven, right from school I do organize seminars/workshops on Networking. My aim after NYSC was to work for a while and start a Networking firm, first of it's kind in the country with a mission beyond making just profit, but in Nigeria, few people invest in other people's idea!I tried to start something on my won but it didn't last due to poor take off capital.
I'll be relocating to Port Harcourt and will volunteer my free service, I trust myself in terms of hard work and innovations and ablitity to learn fast.
I'll share beautiful testimonies.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by bolaoni(m): 12:50am On May 19, 2007
I don't know why I haven't seen this post before o. Maybe
because I hardly visit this part of the forum again.

Haba Kato, you alone have about 5 jobs you can do for yourself
and you are still complaining that you don't have any job. shocked

This is serious o. How I wish I had the knowledge you have now,
back then. Do you know how many people are looking for Web
Designers alone? Na wa o.

Omo shine your eyes o. Opportunity plenty with all those stuffs you know.

I am even looking for Programmers to work with in so many ways for some
online stuffs, if you are interested, lemme know. You won't be my employee
anyway, we will be working together on so many online projects.

Just mail: bolaoneal@yahoo.com in case you are interested. cool
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by barin24(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2007
but in Nigeria, few people invest in other people's idea!I tried to start something on my won but it didn't last due to poor take off capital.

Kato707, i do disagree wit dis. havent u seen d diamond bank advert "anyone wit bright ideas.? we'll back you" i dont know why we nigerian youths are always hiding under d cover dat nobody is ready to back you up financially, if u've got very bright ideas with d potential for commercial success i tell backers will be falling over themselves for you. dis i know based on my own personal experience. so lets go back and think up quality ideas, i assure capital wont be any problem.

Aspa ur 3rd. class issue, dat shuldnt stop u 4rm being wat u want 2 be. remember: wealth= talents + businees wits.
Re: Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? by bolaoni(m): 7:46am On May 20, 2007
Thanks barin for this post.

I wonder how much an IT guy needs to start off. Just get yourself
a system and you are off to a great start in biz.

What matters most is not the capital, it is the ideas you generate
and your persistence to make your ideas WORK! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Tiwa Savage Bought Her First House This Year. / Ptdf 2010/2011 Exams / Should I Go And Work In The Uk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.