Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Galaxy A Series! - Phones (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Galaxy A Series! (186364 Views)

Which Is Better: S Or A Series Of Samsung? / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 2:32am On Aug 01, 2019
ddjay:

4me I have observed 2 things;
1. Manufacturers are trying use up all the space on the screen, that is, going full screen and this will mean removing all hardware features on the screen, the last to get out is the selfie cam, but of recent we are seeing pop up cams
2. As for battery, a high end processor (eg snapdragon 800 above) with enough ram let's say as from 4gb will consume less battery, another thing here is that a slim and light phone is a trend, battery ads some weight and size. I remember trying Sony xperia xz, a 2017 flagship with 2900mah, snapdragon 820 and 3gb ram, this phone could run a whole day and almost similar with then gionee marathon m5 with 6020mah that used a mtk 6735 and 3gb ram
I once raised the previous question with a techy guy and his response was.... Phone manufacturers know mid Range users take battery capacity into consideration, among other things, while high end users take performance as priority even over battery (guess that is why my own thinking has been revolved around battery capacity when checking out phone specs).
The thing just got another meaning to me when I consider automobiles too. For me, I prefer fuel efficient cars and Toyota Corolla is my ideal kind of car... Cars running on 1.6 engine capacity and 4 four plugs catch my attention. Mm. Yet there are some people that get hard on with v6 engines, not minding the fuel consumption. Some people will prefer luxury Rolls-Royce and even BMW cars running on V12 (when many jeeps run on v6 and v8) and yet I consider it as insanity to run V12 on a car.... Not even a jeep. But truth be told, some people just don't bloody care about fuel consumption. Come to think of it, someone that buys a 250m car won't think like someone that buys a 2.5m car. Fueling a car won't be an issue for for a 250m Roll Royce phantom user. Similar thing for high end phones..... They usually would have power banks (with mad specs), good cars with superb charging system, and definitely would have access to reasonably constant power supply either at work or at home....
Note... They usually would have.... Though not every high end user fits into this category, but most of them will

4 Likes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 2:54am On Aug 01, 2019
Dayordee4:
Who knows if pointek is still running their promo offer(free accessories) ......
How reliable and authentic is their phones as compared to 3chub, Slot, yudala(offline store)
According to the pix on this link
https://m.facebook.com/pointekonline/photos/pb.294872550639123.-2207520000.1564624409./2166483883477971/?type=3&source=9
The promo is still on. Pls do you know they gifts attached to each of the phones here? Also will they tell you the gift before you opt in for it? Can you shed more light on it pls?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I once raised the previous question with a techy guy and his response was.... Phone manufacturers mid Range users take battery capacity into consideration, among other things, while high end users take performance as priority even over battery (guess that is why my own thinking has been revolved around battery capacity when checking out phone specs).
The thing just got another meaning to me when I consider automobiles too. For me, I prefer fuel efficient cars and Toyota Corolla is my ideal kind of car... Cars running on 1.6 engine capacity and 4 four plugs catch my attention. Mm. Yet there are some people that get hard on with v6 engines, not minding the fuel consumption. Some people will prefer luxury Rolls-Royce and even BMW cars running on V12 (when many jeeps run on v6 and v8) and yet I consider it as insanity to run V12 on a car.... Not even a jeep. But truth be told, some people just don't bloody care about fuel consumption. Come to think of it, so won't that buys a 250m car won't taking like someone that biut a 2.5m car. Fueling a car won't be an issue for for a 250m Roll Royce phantom user. Similar thing for high end phones..... They usually would have power banks (with mad specs), good cars with superb charging system, and definitely would have access to reasonably constant power supply either at work or at home....
Note... I usually would have.... Though not every high end user fits into this category, but most of them will
Good one chairman

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
ddjay:
Good one chairman
I feel embarrased by my typo errors. Thank you for reading through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
Galaxy A10 -37500
Galaxy A20 ₦50990
Galaxy A30 -₦65990
Galaxy A50 -88k
Galaxy A70 119k
CALL OR WHATSAPP me on 07016854740 to order for it
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2019
Benediktejike:

U see the arrow in the picture, click on the "torch" writeup, not the "torch" image.. ull see it

Oh! Thanks a much
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2019
bisi12004:
please I want to confirm if this phone ( a30) has compass feature. Thanks

I don't really use compass. Unless you're referring to the type used on Google map
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2019
frankobobby:

Oh! Thanks a much
Ure welcome
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
Benediktejike:

Ure welcome

What about that meter that reads data speed on the notification panel, how do I get it. Also apart from volume down + power button, is there any other shorter way to screenshot? Or screen record

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by iheartellah(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
frankobobby:

What about that meter that reads data speed on the notification panel, how do I get it. Also apart from volume down + power button, is there any other shorter way to screenshot? Or screen record
I don't think there's a follow-come data meter on the a30 (av searched everywhere in the settings) as for an alternative to screenshot, you can activate "palm swipe to capture" just that it doesn't work all the time.

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
If you're using A70 please confirm,
Does the A70 request for ur password b4 u can power off??!
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
frankobobby:

I dont think it has internet speed meter, s, u may have to download"internet speed meter".. its about 2mb max.. then, for screenshot, dats d only way... an app would be needed for screen recording
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by adibo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
Samsung A20 screen on time

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
adibo:
Samsung A20 screen on time
this is surprisingly good...whats the battery capacity..also how many hours does it take to charge please?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by adibo(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
Mizik:
this is surprisingly good...whats the battery capacity..also how many hours does it take to charge please?
4000 mah, it takes less than or just abt 2 hours from 0 to 100
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Just2endowed2(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
Do you need an origianl Samsung Level U Pro and Samsung Level U headset? Kindly check my signature

1 Share

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 1:33am On Aug 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Bw8iK3EI0 This video made me fall in love with a20 more
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by masteralex(m): 7:33am On Aug 02, 2019
If You Were Interested to Know Samsung Will to be announced Samsung galaxy note 10 Release on Aug 7th in New York.If You were Interested to know when we're Galaxy Note10 Release on India. then Clicks on the following Links.
Galaxy note10 release Date
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by otis54(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2019
Mizik:
If you're using A70 please confirm,
Does the A70 request for ur password b4 u can power off??!
Yes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by lordthree(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Mizik:

This is nice to hear.... wink
How about the ui....
How's it

Samsung really improved on their ui, i used to hate the old one but the one UI is really good

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by jacy346(f): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
frankobobby:

download screenshot from playstore, thats what I'm using now. Very useful app.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
jacy346:
download screenshot from playstore, thats what I'm using now. Very useful app.

Thanks. Pls can you screenshot how the icon of the app looks like bkos I'm seeing many on playstore
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
iheartellah:
I don't think there's a follow-come data meter on the a30 (av searched everywhere in the settings) as for an alternative to screenshot, you can activate "palm swipe to capture" just that it doesn't work all the time.

I've tried this millions of times, it isn't working (palm swipe to capture). I nearly slapped my phone by mistake

2 Likes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
Benediktejike:

I dont think it has internet speed meter, s, u may have to download"internet speed meter".. its about 2mb max.. then, for screenshot, dats d only way... an app would be needed for screen recording

Alright thanks. Hope no lags there sha?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
frankobobby:

I've tried this millions of times, it isn't working (palm swipe to capture). I nearly slapped my phone by mistake
Is working over here, check YouTube for help
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2019
xule20:
Is working over here, check YouTube for help
Alright. I think I'll just have to watch YouTube then!
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2019
frankobobby:

Alright thanks. Hope no lags there sha?
Naaah.. it is cool

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2019
Benediktejike:
Naaah.. it is cool
No vex oo. Please how much is the screen protector for the phone?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Benediktejike: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
frankobobby:

No vex oo. Please how much is the screen protector for the phone?
I am not using one.. bt i asked someone and she said its 1k... the phone screen nor dey resistant to sceatches at all.. my own don rough and e neva reach 2 montha
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by iheartellah(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
frankobobby:

grin
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by frankobobby(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Benediktejike:

I am not using one.. bt i asked someone and she said its 1k... the phone screen nor dey resistant to sceatches at all.. my own don rough and e neva reach 2 montha

I want to buy screen protector incase it falls down from my hand based on my previous experience (once beaten twice shy)

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by bisi12004: 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
Please am having network issues with my a30. My phone will display 4g service and won't browse. I am using airtel 4g sim. Please any possible solution to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (95) (Reply)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Airtel 20x Bonus, Recharge N100, Get N2000 + Free Data Bonus And Even More / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.