Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,600 members, 7,882,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car (1718 Views)

How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? / How To Enter Into Your Keyless Entry Car When The Battery Is Dead. / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 03, 2019
With car theft getting on the high since the wide adoption of keyless entry and push to start, the question has been how to protect ur car from such theft. It is very easy for a car thief to just open the door and drive away a car with smart key within seconds without any kind of skills. Just walk to the car, open the door, put ur foot on the break, hit the stat button and vroom, u are gone. Trust me this is even faster than gone in 60 seconds.

Watch the video below for demonstration and how to prevent this from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9IhrMExnzM
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by daddy001: 12:41pm On May 03, 2019
greenhulk:
With car theft getting on the high since the wide adoption of keyless entry and push to start, the question has been how to protect ur car from such theft. It is very easy for a car thief to just open the door and drive away a car with smart key within seconds without any kind of skills. Just walk to the car, open the door, put ur foot on the break, hit the stat button and vroom, u are gone. Trust me this is even faster than gone in 60 seconds.

Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by larrixauto2017(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2019
greenhulk:

Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by larrixauto2017(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2019
greenhulk:

What kind of research is this sir? And did you know how the keyless entry system work on a car? I guess you don't know.
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
What kind of research is this sir? And did you know how the keyless entry system work on a car? I guess you don't know.

Naa, I don't know and I would like u to explain to me. Did u watch the video?
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by larrixauto2017(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2019
greenhulk:

Naa, I don't know and I would like u to explain to me. Did u watch the video?
sir i don't need to watch the video cause it a scam. I should have asked you that did you practice that. After watching the video. And also if you don't know how a keyless entry sytem work i guess you should go and read it on wikipedia. Thanks
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by Nobody: 5:11am On May 04, 2019
larrixauto2017:
sir i don't need to watch the video cause it a scam. I should have asked you that did you practice that. After watching the video. And also if you don't know how a keyless entry sytem work i guess you should go and read it on wikipedia. Thanks

I actually thought u had something good to say, but I got disappointed. Its obvious u don't know who shmee150 is on youtube. By the way how is this a scam? But of course, everything is a scam to the ignorant.
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by RZArecta2(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2019
greenhulk:

I actually thought u had something good to say, but I got disappointed. Its obvious u don't know who shmee150 is on youtube.
you shouldn’t reply every ignorant person person you come across here

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by nurey(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2019
larrixauto2017:

It may be hard to steal in Nigeria but easy in developed countries. All the thief needs is the VIN of the vehicle which he did use to clone the transponder if he has the software and tools the rest is history grin
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by Nobody: 8:50am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

It may be hard to steal in Nigeria but easy in developed countries. All the thief needs is the VIN of the vehicle which he did use to clone the transponder if he has the software and tools the rest is history grin

U don't even need a VIN. All that is needed is the devixe. Just watch the car owner patk his car and go into a store, then get into the store with him, place the device anywhere in the store (the guy said it can work up to 100m away from the key fob) and walk out with the other device to the car and voila open car door and drive away. No messing with keys or wires.

A lot of people use Faraday pouches to store their keys. Once inside the pouch it prevents it from transmitting (like a sleep mode) so it cannot be cloned But the downside is each time u want to get into ur car u will need to remiove the key from the pouch which sort of defeats the whole purpose of keyless entry.
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by nurey(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2019
greenhulk:

U don't even need a VIN. All that is needed is the devixe. Just watch the car owner patk his car and go into a store, then get into the store with him, place the device anywhere in the store (the guy said it can work up to 100m away from the key fob) and walk out with the other device to the car and voila open car door and drive away. No messing with keys or wires.

A lot of people use Faraday pouches to store their keys. Once inside the pouch it prevents it from transmitting (like a sleep mode) so it cannot be cloned But the downside is each time u want to get into ur car u will need to remiove the key from the pouch which sort of defeats the whole purpose of keyless entry.

The thieves the video is talking about are actually low-key ones but sophisticated enough to give cops headache. They actually strip the car and return it imagine the headache of tracing catalyst, airbag, oxygen sensors, nav screen, foglights. Then they return car and wait some weeks for you to replace those components and come calling again grin last last nah bicycle pesin go jejely dey cruise tongue
Re: Why It Is Very Easy To Steal A Keyless Entry Car And How To Protect Ur Car by larrixauto2017(m): 9:40am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Yes sir. You are right.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car / Toyota Camry 2007 For Sale / Shuttle Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.