Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,643 members, 7,878,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:30 AM

China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel (54453 Views)

Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / China Opens Visa Centre In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by hermesprogidy(m): 9:19am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
russian economy has been bad since 1960s,that doesn't stop their military and space advancement....china is nowhere close to Russia in military and space
Define the term "bad" in the 1960s Russia was USSR and a Superpower. Their economy was certainly not as bad as you want to depict.Their economic woes started after the break up of the Soviet Union. It improved in the 2000s, but went down due to US sanctions.
You say China is nowhere near Russia in Military and Space for now, yes I agree, but that does not mean they will not get there at current rate. They are launching satellites and unmanned probes into space including a successful moon landing.
Those folks ain't playing.

1 Like

Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2019
Badgers14:

Sidon and learn!!!

Foxconn, a Taiwanese company.. Taiwan under Chinese control.

Foxconn have factories in CHINA.

Hp, Dell, Philip's almost all the electronics company hung their shingles in China.

Visit China first if they will give you Visa and see the technological advancement in person. Then visit other western countries if you and see the difference.

Again, it seems like all inferior goods come from China which according to legends is a fact not far from the truth. One of the reasons is that China have relaxed piracy laws that's why those companies still manufacture knockoffs but China have companies that genuinely manufacture top notch products.
Taiwan is NEVER a dependent nation...Taiwan isn't under china.taiwan is more advanced than china when it comes to electronic.

u still don't understand infringement of intellectual property...priracy law in China is dead.chinese govt made it so to help grassroots companies in China...any Chinese products that infringed bon Intellectual property of companies of any western nation will NEVER be sold in western nations.

technological advancements is no longer seeing beautiful and high rise buildings.....Canada and Australia better architecture than most of Europe,but aren't even close to European advancement in latest technology,research and innovations

I won't reply u again,cos u aren't tech savvy and Ur knowledge on Intellectual property is superficial
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Badgers14: 9:25am On May 04, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

ignorant u. Maybe you’re mistaking Taiwan for Tibet

Taiwan is an independent country on it’s own right

Taiwan is not Tibet and Hong Kong

Dem just buy phone give you abi?
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 9:26am On May 04, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Define the term "bad" in the 1960s Russia was USSR and a Superpower. Their economy was certainly not bad as you claim. There economic woes started after the break up of the Soviet Union.
You say China is nowhere near Russia in Military and Space for now, yes I agree, but that does not mean they will not get there at current rate. They are launching satellites and unmanned probes into space including a successful moon landing.
Those folks ain't playing.
even India will soon be landing on moon..Iran,india and every time dick and Harry have been launching satellites. that's because they all did reverse engineering and study on space exploration by the fore runners.those countries can never get to the level of advancement space tech of USA, Russia and eurozone. just like the way many countries now manufacture vehicles but the advancement in vehicular technology still lies in top manufacturers like Volkswagen, Toyota,GM etc
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Badgers14: 9:27am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
Taiwan is NEVER a dependent nation...Taiwan isn't under china.taiwan is more advanced than china when it comes to electronic.

u still don't understand infringement of intellectual property...priracy law in China is dead.chinese govt made it so to help grassroots companies in China...any Chinese products that infringed bon Intellectual property of companies of any western nation will NEVER be sold in western nations.

technological advancements is no longer seeing beautiful and high rise buildings.....Canada and Australia better architecture than most of Europe,but aren't even close to European advancement in latest technology,research and innovations

I won't reply u again,cos u aren't tech savvy and Ur knowledge on Intellectual property is superficial

Until you learn to read and understand English.

Don't quote me again.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

Martineverest I don’t think you should be having a conversation with someone who thinks China is controlling Taiwan.
democratic Republic of China and people republicbof china aren't the same.....one is Chinese maniland and the other is Chinese island or Chinese taipei
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 9:29am On May 04, 2019
Badgers14:

Until you learn to read and understand English.

Don't quote me again.
too many charlatans and Dumbos on nairaland.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Badgers14: 9:30am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
too many charlatans and Dumbos on nairaland.

And you are their spokesman
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by hermesprogidy(m): 9:30am On May 04, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

You must be smoking weed if you think China can overtake Russia militarily
No need for insults, you are capable of having a civil discussion just try. Why do you think Rome was called the Eternal City, because back in the day, nobody thought they could ever be defeated. But guess what they did get defeated.
My point is, nothing in life is absolute, if China continues on their current trajectory, they will overtake Russia militarily at some point in the future. It's only the US that spends more than China in military terms.
Perhaps you are thinking solely in terms of their nuclear arsenals?
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by hermesprogidy(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2019
[quote author=martineverest post=78091621]even India will soon be landing on moon..Iran,india and every time dick and Harry have been launching satellites. that's because they all did reverse engineering and study on space exploration by the fore runners.those countries can never get to the level of advancement space tech of USA, Russia and eurozone. just like the way many countries now manufacture vehicles but the advancement in vehicular technology still lies in top manufacturers like Volkswagen, Toyota,GM etc[/quote

Yes, the same thing was said about Japanese and Taiwanese products in the 60s and 80s, but we know where they are today. Landing a probe on the moon is no small achievement, the Israelis will tell you that after their recent failed attempt with $157M down the drain. You keep talking about Research and development as if it's the exclusive rights of Americans and Europeans. Google the top 10 Countries in Science and Mathematics and see what pops out. Don't let the media fool you Chinese are slowly taking over. They are investing heavily in education and research. They top number of foreign university admission in the U.S and UK.
These folks ain't playing.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by hermesprogidy(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
lol

when it comes to AI, four companies are in charge and no country or companies are close to these four,even Apple isn't even close...these companies are:
1.google
2 Microsoft
3.amazin.
4 IBM

china is nowhere to be found in AI,that was the reason why china was condemning AI advancement... Microsoft is even the one increasing the AI research in China.

what about quantum computing?.....chinese companies isn't even a.ong the top 15 in quantum computing research,the only Asian organisation that is in top 15 is a Singaporean University.

china wait for western countries to innovate,then they start reverse engineering.

where is china in augmented reality?
I don't know where you get your information from, but China is the leading Country in AI technology. Infact they have been at the forefront since 2010 and have more than 41,000 publications on AI. That is almost twice that of the US, who have 22,500 such publications.
These are the top 5 countries in terms of AI research and technology.
1. China
2. USA
3. Japan
4. UK
5. Germany
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2019
hermesprogidy:

I don't know where you get your information from, but China is the leading Country in AI technology. Infact they have been at the forefront since 2010 and have more than 41,000 publications on AI. That is almost twice that of the US, who have 22,500 such publications.
These are the top 5 countries in terms of AI research and technology.
1. China
2. USA
3. Japan
4. UK
5. Germany
I'm talking about AI prowess......china isn't even close.

have u heard of deepMinds AI,it's a British firm owned by google.tgwyvare the number 1 when. it comes to AI..
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by selemo: 10:26am On May 04, 2019
delugajackson:
Beautiful. Something worth commending.

Over here, it's either we're commissioning toilets, street lights, motor park or uncompleted projects.
Nothing good comes from black monkeys... grin
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by olaeffect(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2019
And Ibadan - Lagos express way that is on plain ground and normal altitude has taken how many years to renovate? Not construct ooo.

Are you sure we are on the same planet with China?

1 Like

Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by TheTruthRaw: 11:17am On May 04, 2019
delugajackson:
Beautiful. Something worth commending.

Over here, it's either we're commissioning toilets, street lights, motor park or uncompleted projects.
No be lie you talk, 9ja Gov. go spend trillions on a project like this.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by hermesprogidy(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2019
martineverest:
I'm talking about AI prowess......china isn't even close.

have u heard of deepMinds AI,it's a British firm owned by google.tgwyvare the number 1 when. it comes to AI..
Yes, I have heard of Deepmind. They just use AI and big data in real life applications, nothing off the cuff.
Okay l will play along and replace research with prowess. What do you think the likes of Weibo, Tencent, Alibaba to mention a few Chinese technology giants run on? It's AI algorithms and use of big data. If we both agree that China is leading in AI research, it just means they have the best AI prowess. Isn't it research that leads to prowess?
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by olioxx(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2019
Oma307:
please China come and take Nigeria. you are not paying anything at all
Don't you ever say this again, China take over what?
We die here.!
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by yetunsbay(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2019
But can someone tell what's wrong with African countries esp Nigeria.

This can never occur in this country... Never !
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Nobody: 11:38am On May 04, 2019
olioxx:
. . Don't you ever say this again, China take over what? . . We die here.! . .
abeg, if even though it is just for 4 years of Buhari second tenure
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2019
almarthins:

What did china invented then apart from black powder?
Abi na edifice called temple and palaces make dem world power then?

The long history of China and her relations with the near East, Europe and the rest of the world is too voluminous to serve as response to your terse question. You'd need to educate yourself on oriental history. You might learn a lot.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2019
yetunsbay:
But can someone tell what's wrong with African countries esp Nigeria.

This can never occur in this country... Never !

African countries are mostly poor and cash strapped. Therefore an expensive project like this will be out of place with the immediate needs of the citizens.

We are currently playing at a much lower league than China is. So hopefully, someday, couple of African countries will breakthrough to the premier league of world economics.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by yetunsbay(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2019
kjhova:

African countries are mostly poor and cash strapped. Therefore an expensive project like this will be out of place with the immediate needs of the citizens.

We are currently playing at a much lower league than China is. So hopefully, someday, couple of African countries will breakthrough to the premier league of world economics.
I belief our leaders should act right than being prayer warriors.

Sometimes I don't just seems to wonder where 9ja got it wrong
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by martineverest(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Yes, I have heard of Deepmind. They just use AI and big data in real life applications, nothing off the cuff.
Okay l will play along and replace research with prowess. What do you think the likes of Weibo, Tencent, Alibaba to mention a few Chinese technology giants run on? It's AI algorithms and use of big data. If we both agree that China is leading in AI research, it just means they have the best AI prowess. Isn't it research that leads to prowess?
baidu, tencent , Alibaba etc are still learners when it comes to AI... do u realize that xiaoice or xiaobing , the most used ai in Asia or china is owned by Microsoft China?... machine learning and neural and deep learning prowess is in America.earlier in the year, Chinese government campaigned that AI skills be controlled ... do u know the reason? the Chinese government have realised that there so can't match American companies
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 04, 2019
Then who is?
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

They're not
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2019
yetunsbay:
I belief our leaders should act right than being prayer warriors.

Sometimes I don't just seems to wonder where 9ja got it wrong

This continued talk about "our leaders" as the legendary cause of our failures in Africa really need to stop for us to have a sensible analysis of our current state as a region.

Our leaders are us. Leaders fail where failure is prevalent in society and leaders succeed when society is driven by the right sentiments and vision.

Here people don't register to vote, don't vote, don't participate in community organizations, don't attend town hall debates, don't join protest groups, don't do probono service to community, don't love their country, don't give back to community when they make it etc.

Here, people don't pay bills and charges, don't pay tax, don't eschew ethnic bigotry, don't care about innovation, don't do enough to get skilled, don't embrace the rigour of hard work, etc.

Here people don't do enough research, don't strive for perfection, don't demand quality, don't love and respect each other, don't act civil, don't demand service, don't insist on their rights, don't support probe of corrupt activities, don't shame criminals etc.

How can we have all the above negatives and hope to make it? Our problem is not with leadership. No, our main case is with our world view which has polluted society.

1 Like

Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by almarthins(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2019
kjhova:

The long history of China and her relations with the near East, Europe and the rest of the world is too voluminous to serve as response to your terse question. You'd need to educate yourself on oriental history. You might learn a lot.

I am quite acquainted with their history. I can start from chin to han dynasty.julius Caesar once visited china but he was amazed by the sheer size of the capital, and population. He had to conclude that rome wont have enough men to conquer china. China never went beyond it borders to conquer charted territories apart from opening trade route etc.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2019
almarthins:

I am quite acquainted with their history. I can start from chin to han dynasty.julius Caesar once visited china but he was amazed by the sheer size of the capital, and population. He had to conclude that rome wont have enough men to conquer china. China never went beyond it borders to conquer charted territories apart from opening trade route etc.

You do have a fair knowledge of the far East to begin your studies with. That's nice.

However, you suggestion that Julius Caesar visited China in person at any point in history confirms that you got much studying yet to do.

Greetings.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by Nichobest1(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2019
After reading this, me I must say something o. What can Nigeria do to get to this level of sophistication?
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by yetunsbay(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2019
kjhova:

This continued talk about "our leaders" as the legendary cause of our failures in Africa really need to stop for us to have a sensible analysis of our current state as a region.

Our leaders are us. Leaders fail where failure is prevalent in society and leaders succeed when society is driven by the right sentiments and vision.

Here people don't register to vote, don't vote, don't participate in community organizations, don't attend town hall debates, don't join protest groups, don't do probono service to community, don't love their country, don't give back to community when they make it etc.

Here, people don't pay bills and charges, don't pay tax, don't eschew ethnic bigotry, don't care about innovation, don't do enough to get skilled, don't embrace the rigour of hard work, etc.

Here people don't do enough research, don't strive for perfection, don't demand quality, don't love and respect each other, don't act civil, don't demand service, don't insist on their rights, don't support probe of corrupt activities, don't shame criminals etc.

How can we have all the above negatives and hope to make it? Our problem is not with leadership. No, our main case is with our world view which has polluted society.
how do we now ameliorate this if not from the top down
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by almarthins(m): 12:50pm On May 04, 2019
kjhova:

You do have a fair knowledge of the far East to begin your studies with. That's nice.

However, you suggestion that Julius Caesar visited China in person at any point in history confirms that you got much studying yet to do.

Greetings.

You wan make i die studying abi lipsrsealed kiss
I am tire of studying with Empty belly. I dash u
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2019
almarthins:

You wan make i die studying abi lipsrsealed kiss
I am tire of studying with Empty belly. I dash u

Looool...nor vex bro. Not suggesting you get a PHD in oriental studies oh! Just that China is more than many Africans understand since we get most of our understanding of China through the West.
Re: China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel by kjhova(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2019
yetunsbay:
how do we now ameliorate this if not from the top down

Well, the answer to this question is beyond the scope of our discussion here. However, the functional word is critical mass. A critical number of us need to agree that things have to change for things to begin to change. This could be sparked by a charismatic leader or bottom up through a mass movement. It could also be a slow and organic change in society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Humpback Whale Nearly Swallows Kayakers In California (pic, Video) / Tallest Skyscraper In Brooklyn Reaches Peak With 93-Storeys, Opens In 2022(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.