Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,288 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:59 AM

Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club (19295 Views)

Real Madrid Overtakes Man Utd As Europe's Most Valuable Club- KPMG / How Much Each Premier League Club Earned In 2018/2019 Season / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by ogbiwa: 8:38pm On May 03, 2019
Manchester City have overtaken Manchester United as the most valuable Premier League club, according to a new football finance study.

City are valued at £2.364bn, up £385m, while United are valued £2.087bn, a drop of £376m blamed on "higher wages and lower profit".

The top six account for almost three-quarters of the combined league value.

Burnley are seventh and described as the "most sensibly run club in the Premier League financially".

Overall, the study by the University of Liverpool's Centre for Sports Business Group, found the cumulative value of the league's clubs is £14.7bn, a 1.6% drop.

The two Manchester clubs are the only two valued at more than £2bn in the study for the 2017-18 season.

Spurs (£1.837bn), Liverpool (£1.615bn) and Chelsea (£1.615bn) have seen big rises but Arsenal dropped to £1.368bn without Champions League football.

The top six clubs make up 74% (£10.9bn) of the overall total with Burnley almost £1bn behind Arsenal in sixth.

To calculate their data, the university took into account revenue, profits, non-recurring costs, average profits on player sales over a three-year period, net assets, wage control and proportion of seats sold.

The research says City are top due to a combination of "higher revenue and lower wages".

They made £39m in profit from player sales at the beginning of last season, "removing some high earners from the wage bill".

"The ownership model of Sheikh Mansour, which effectively means that the club is debt free, means that there are no loan interest costs and no dividends are paid to shareholders either," the study added.

United came third, behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Deloitte's list of the world's richest clubs published in January - but that is just based on revenue.

Other findings:
■United had the highest revenue in the league at £590m, with City second on £500m

■Spurs have the lowest wage/revenue percentage in the division at 39%, while Palace's is the highest at 78%

■Leicester and Arsenal's failure to qualify for the Champions League again saw their value fall

■The Gunners made £120m profit on player sales

■Burnley are described in the study as the "most sensibly run club in the Premier League financially"

■Huddersfield have the lowest wages at £63m, with United's £296m the highest

■Chelsea top the table for annual matchday income per fan at £1,791, with Huddersfield making the least at £201

■Broadcast revenue accounts for 88% of Bournemouth's value - the highest in the league
Brighton saw a 148% increase in wages - the most in the league

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48145285

5 Likes

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by logon599: 8:38pm On May 03, 2019
They've certainly come a long way from "The noisy neighbors" smiley

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout the thread on my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nostradamus: 10:59am On May 04, 2019
someone should help us convert those figures to dollars. $$$$ is my currency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Corrosiveman(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2019
Man city and liverpool would dominate Epl in the next decade kudos to Guardiola.....i know some haters would come here to cry saying Man city bought the league Let me see what Ole would achieve when given the money he requested.......As for now Manchester is Blue

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
sad
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
Pep Guardiola. grin

From the OLA at the end of his name, his ancestor na Yoruba Slave taken centuries ago.

Let me do VAR analysis.

Guardiola right now..... cry ... mogbe! Naija for where!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
Waw
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by richard870(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
In fact, the most consistent and appreciated
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 04, 2019
Opps
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by SirLakes: 1:44pm On May 04, 2019
Thanks to Pep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by sheedy407(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
Ok o

Toyota Yaris 2007

Perfect car, DVD Screen, Reverse Camera, Freezing Point AC, All New Tyres, Perfect Engine, Sweet Transmission and very very low in fuel consumption and very suitable for Uber / Taxify business and newly registered .
Not an agent,direct used car by me,so expect the best

1.1m

2 Likes

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nobodyperson: 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
Ole is a thief
I said it last year that sacking mohrino was never the solution.
Man losers never listened.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Bigmikedagod(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
ok
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by SirLakes: 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
March4187:
You wan spread mat for the space wey you book

Omo onile
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 04, 2019
Before nko? With the rubbish man utd has been doing even kids leagues will pass them
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Nobodyperson: 1:47pm On May 04, 2019
Nostradamus:
someone should help us convert those figures to dollars. $$$$ is my currency.
Uneducated afonja.
It's euros not dollars.
Go school you nor gree ☺

1 Like

Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by maxibee123(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2019
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by namo77: 1:48pm On May 04, 2019
Wow!
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by Kingluqman(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2019
It has finished for Red devil grin
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by sylve11: 2:01pm On May 04, 2019
Hmmmm cool

Na anything them tell us we go take na cool
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by sylve11: 2:03pm On May 04, 2019
sheedy407:
Ok o

Toyota Yaris 2007

Perfect car, DVD Screen, Reverse Camera, Freezing Point AC, All New Tyres, Perfect Engine, Sweet Transmission and very very low in fuel consumption and very suitable for Uber / Taxify business and newly registered .
Not an agent,direct used car by me,so expect the best

1.1m

Hit me up cool
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by EmmaLege: 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
Good for them
Re: Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 2:12pm On May 04, 2019
Gud

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Highest Goal Scorers & MVPs Of Every African Cup Of Nations Tournament / Russia Vs Saudi Arabia: World Cup - 5 - 0 (Highlight Video) / UCL: Milan Praise 'Naija Excellence' After Chukwueze’s Goal Sends Them To Europa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.