Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus (8920 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival / Double Decker Buses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by rotimiland(m): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
How was your first experience on a double-decker bus ?. Many people have even said they would never board it, because of the phobia. Have you embarked on a journey inside it before? What was the first experience like?

For mine, I was forced to travel on it, when I wanted to meet up with an important appointment in Al Nassr, Doha. I had no choice than to board it. All the first deck seats were all occupied. It was scary initially, when on-board. To make the matter worse, I was sitting second row at the front on the second deck up. Each time, I felt the bus would summersault.  grin
  Later as we travelled through Corniche from City center, I became a little bit relaxed.  Some bends made me upbeat few times, as if the bus would fall to its side. I got to my destination, happier. Now, I love it more than anything.

Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2010
Can't remember. I must have been about 3-years-old. This was pre-"closed" double-deckers, (Routemaster) so the type with an open rear, and a bus conductor manually winding out tickets. smiley
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Guyman02: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
Look at this guy! you are talking about double decker bus being scary, when we jump on OKADA across third mainland bridge and overtake trailer without fear. This question should be for oyinbo people in London.

Me I don enter guongoro hang on top goods to school as a student to save my transport money and you dey get phobia for luxury double decker for Dubai. I hope say you no fall our hands for there because Naija people no dey last.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Ranoscky(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Guyman02:

Look at this guy! you are talking about double decker bus being scary, when we jump on OKADA across third mainland bridge and overtake trailer without fear. This question should be for oyinbo people in London.

Me I don enter guongoro hang on top goods to school as a student to save my transport money and you dey get phobia for luxury double decker for Dubai. I hope say you no fall our hands for there because Naija people no dey last.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
rotimiland:

How was your first experience on a double-decker bus ?. Many people have even said they would never board it, because of the phobia.

@ Guyman02: I suppose you didn't notice the word "phobia" in Rotimiland's opening post? Or know what the word means?

A "Phobia" is an irrational fear. There are people with phobias of cutlery arranged in a specific way, we can't rationalise them, so no point trying. They exist, end of. No different to those who have phobias regarding certain modes of transport / travel.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by IBEXY(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
Not on my first ride but sitting at the top deck of the bus allows you see a part of the High Street you never knew. Above the glittering shop fronts and glasses are often rows of old and neglected windows, walls and masonry.

I was in Tottenham (north London) the other day and looked up above the stores. I suddenly realised how old some of those buildings are. Its hard but try to remove your eyes from the shops sometimes. Look above - at the building housing the store. London is actually filled with ancient (and at times) crumbling houses.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2010
Double decker bus in the UK or Young Shall Grow Double decker bus from Lagos to Onitsha?
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by kokoye(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^^ Very good question grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by teeboyseve(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
My first Experience was really nice, i could remember that i keep on wondering how those buses could turn at around-about cos most London roads are very small. But got tired of it because its too noisy when those silly teenagers are around. But the underground na dat fear me pass because it far below the ground.LOL
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by hercules07: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
My first experience was in a double decker bus from Enugu to Lagos, must have been about 8 years ago. It was quite comfortable and the ride was a nice one.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
2sleek2NV:

Double decker bus in the UK or Young Shall Grow Double decker bus from Lagos to Onitsha?

Those Onitsha ones, are they double decker? I've noticed they are usually so tall but never figured if they are single or double.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by sulad82i(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Those Onitsha ones, are they double decker? I've noticed they are usually so tall but never figured if they are single or double.

Iroyin o to amoju ba, Seeing is believing. Go and try it
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by spikedcylinder: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2010
sulad82i:

Iroyin o to amoju ba, Seeing is believing. Go and try it

Oh, I should go to Onitsha because I want to find out if a bus is single or double decker?
You try. angry cheesy
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by thweraja10: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
It was fantastic. I though i was in heaven . That was last year in my dreams when i traveled to London. lol
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Doyn1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2010
LIVE IN LONDON AND YOU'LL GET USED[s]you go loose the phobia on the first day
    well been an adventurous prsn that I am it was something I had wanted to try for a long time and first travel on it was a bit scary cos I thot d bus was gonna trip for a second,
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by forkinsonlolo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
never entered one smiley
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Sharonf(f): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
It was so wonderful, it felt like heaven, in fact I followed the bus to the last stop and gave the driver a bl0wjob
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
[YAAAAAAWWWWWWWN] I dont know whats so interesting about a double decker bus. I rememebr when Kaduna state had them running all over town. Shame what the transport system has become. I think this thread should be title ' the memoirs of a bushman- the double decker experience' cool
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by DonJuan1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
My first experience? Well it was on the W8 from Enfield to Edmonton about 6 years ago and I was enjoying myself: the rare sunny day in winter, the view, tree branches slapping against the windows and all  cool when up came this bunch of school kids screaming and creating such a super nuisance that I wished it was back home and I could give them what they really needed  angry. Na wa for oyinbo brats o!
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Ejike3: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
My experience was that of Young shall Grow from Enugu to Lagos. I don't know if those buses still exist, but it was terrible. The road was bad and the bus was pitching and rolling. Our bags keep falling from were they stuff them on top embarassed embarassed embarassed I don't think they are good for that Ore road.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by r231(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
you won't think about Phobia when yuo have to get to work by 8am and you work in the city where you pay congestion and parking. grin grin grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by ocee87: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
:-x
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by rotimiland(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
This is interesting. More comments please.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Tolulop001(f): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2010
im guessing the poster meant the usually red UK ones
it wasnt a big deal
is it meant to be scary, or particularly interesting
or did i miss out on a great experience
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by mamagee3(f): 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
Although, I'd love to ride on a double decker bus. . .

I can't because there's none here in the U.S.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by rotimiland(m): 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
A Double-decker bus

Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Gamine(f): 12:06am On Sep 22, 2010
Ejike3:

My experience was that of Young shall Grow from Enugu to Lagos. I don't know if those buses still exist, but it was terrible. The road was bad and the bus was pitching and rolling. Our bags keep falling from were they stuff them on top embarassed embarassed embarassed I don't think they are good for that Ore road.

LOL. I wanted to enter one of them, But the way they would bend on Ibadan- Lagos Expressway was scary enough.
The normal buses are bad enough, talk more of double decker on our Devil-ridden roads.
I think they stopped the use of the buses.
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by Kilode1: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2010
Ejike3:

That was brave shocked

I don't think those lorries with their Skycraper loads of Gworo are good for any road  undecided grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by oyinda3(f): 3:43am On Sep 22, 2010
see osuofias in london grin hahahha jk
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by rasputinn(m): 6:18am On Sep 22, 2010
^^^
grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus by rasputinn(m): 6:30am On Sep 22, 2010
Talking about scary d-decker experience,what of those that may have taken one of 'em buses from the east to other parts of Nigeria through our pot-hole and gully-riddled roads,must be akin to a ghost ride

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yuletide: FRSC Opens Enugu-onitsha Highway To Ease Traffic / Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. / Lagos Development (Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.