Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,952 members, 7,873,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed (2894 Views)

Notorious Terrorist Bello Turji To Military: Why Have You Not Killed Me? / Enugu Guber: A Desperado’s Smear Campaign And Fani-Kayode’s Lash - David Chukwu / Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Gistok: 8:38am On May 05, 2019
Resigned Lt. Fola Oyewole, a Nigerian Military Officer of the Yoruba stock, who battled in favor of Biafra amid the conventional war, has clarified why Remi Fani-Kayode, father of ex-Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode was not executed amid the central overthrow in 1966.

Oyewole, was, because of the central overthrow 50 years back, detained in Lagos and in Enugu yet was discharged by Lt Col Odumegwu Ojukwu.

There has been a political tilt on how the overthrow was done, and it has been creating debate until today. Pundits said the upset was unbalanced.

For example, Ladoke Akintola was murdered in the West, at that point Nnamdi Azikiwe and Mike Okpara “were nowhere to be found,” amid the upset, making some to trust that it was an ‘Igbo overthrow.’

The contention was that Zik and other Igbo pioneers got wind of what would occur and left.

Pioneers from different parts were slaughtered, and the Igbo heads were said to have been permitted to get away.

Be that as it may, clarifying this in a meeting with The News, Oyewole stated, “I wouldn’t buy into that contention.

“They said Zik was sick, he was going for treatment, and afterward he left the nation and at the season of the upset, he wasn’t there, regardless of whether he got wind or he didn’t get wind of it, I would not know.

“The individuals who arranged the upset probably taken a choice however it appears that it was not in totality purposeful.

“I give you a particular model, the flag beginning the activity in Enugu was conveyed that morning and it said: ‘Capture, secure the key focuses and sit tight for further directions.’

read more: https://gistok.ng/oyewole-former-biafra-soldier-explains-why-zik-okpara-and-fani-kayode-were-not-killed-in-the-1966-coup/

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by remi1444: 8:40am On May 05, 2019
grin
Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Nobody: 9:28am On May 05, 2019
History in this country is a failed subject.

One of the many reasons we don’t have a direction, we don’t know where we are coming from or how we got here, how do we proceed? To where?

I wonder how many secrets will die with the likes of Obasanjo, Babangida and the likes.

It is whatever they say it is, we can’t investigate these events?

4 Likes

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:10am On May 05, 2019
Wow. Only Afonja like this guy and Banjo fought.

The Biafrans na Abidjan them run go.

2 Likes

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Rolings: 10:26am On May 05, 2019
Twisting history, I refuse to follow the link it's obvious this blogger is hungry for traffic.

1 Like

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Nonybb: 10:54am On May 05, 2019
He ended up not even saying what Remi Fani-Kayode was not killed by Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Guestlander: 11:23am On May 05, 2019
Nonybb:
He ended up not even saying what Remi Fani-Kayode was not killed by Ojukwu

If the coup potters did not kill him why then would Ojukwu kill him? RFK was not a soldier. The people who put him in jail had already been overthrown. Why then would Ojukwu kill him?
Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by olas24u(f): 11:25am On May 05, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Wow. Only Afonja like this guy and Banjo fought.

The Biafrans na Abidjan them run go.
I can list ten yorubas that fought for biafra.
Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Guestlander: 11:28am On May 05, 2019
olas24u:

I can list ten yorubas that fought for biafra.

You are right. There were many, though most people remember only Victor Banjo being a senior officer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by olas24u(f): 11:29am On May 05, 2019
Guestlander:

You are right. There were many, though most people remember only Victor Banjo being a senior officer.
But seems this generation of igbos are not aware.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Nobody: 11:33am On May 05, 2019
grin grin
Re: Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed by Guestlander: 11:41am On May 05, 2019
olas24u:

But seems this generation of igbos are not aware.

They are aware of Soyinka's role but it didn't stop them from abusing him.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Accolades As Kwara Governor Wins Another First In Kwara / Opinion: Those Who Praise Sanusi Wont Tell You This / Breaking: The Dangerous Jollof Rice Tinubu Gave FFK That Turned Him To A Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.