Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,058 members, 7,887,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" (3626 Views)

Beyonce Sued For $7m By Former Backup Singer (see Photos) / Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song / Beyonce Sued For Copyright Infringement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by sofine5(f): 9:04pm On May 02, 2007
stuff like this ticks me off! Beyonce is getting sued by Des'ree? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Des'ree can kiss b's ass. so what if beyonce stole des'ree's song? des'ree is just jelous. angry
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by SMC(f): 9:17pm On May 02, 2007
sofine5:

stuff like this ticks me off! Beyonce is getting sued by Des'ree? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Des'ree can kiss b's ass. so what if beyonce stole des'ree's song? des'ree is just jelous. angry

What do u mean so what? I thought Beyonce was a songwriter? U don't just use the fruits of someone elses labour and not pay royalties. Abeg give Des'ree her dues ojare. angry angry angry angry
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by ayefele200(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2007
can someone tell me who DES'REE IS?
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by cuteass1(f): 10:27pm On May 02, 2007
sofine5:

Darling i'm sure you're like madly pissed off, afterall its your twin we're talking about here wink

But remember: its a "celebrities'" world, she 'll bounce back, trust me. It takes more than a law-suit to pull down an "all times" star

I ever hold on to what you told me once, now i'll let you borrow it Cos i feel you need to hear it too . . "you can't keep a good bitch down" cheesy
Take care hun!!!
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by sofine5(f): 2:14am On May 03, 2007
thanks cuteass, u r a true friend 2 me. grin

@SMC, well, beyonce didn't steal it, but there is no other way to describe this. she wrote the lyrics the same as des'ree's somehow.

@ayefele200, Des'ree is a british singer that, is totally not popular anymore. wink
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by kike001(f): 12:47pm On May 03, 2007
why does she alway get sued cuz dis isnt da first time shes being sued for singing someone's else song
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by Raymand(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2007
BIG acts still works of other people to get famous, is irritating!

sofine5:

How'd you feel if you wrote a song, and had it on locql radio and someone just came right out and stole the song?
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by youngdaddy(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2007
its all past tense now.beyonce won the case today.and deesree,said she was sorry that she just wanted to use beyonce for people to hear about her again.the songs were not even alike,dees ree was thinkin that she inspired beyonce to write the song but she was proved to be wrong when b played the song and she read the lyrics.so
no big deal there,we just make mistake sum times.

dees ree just needed attention
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by SMC(f): 6:39pm On May 03, 2007
youngdaddy:

its all past tense now.beyonce won the case today.[b]and deesree,said she was sorry that she just wanted to use beyonce for people to hear about her again.[/b]the songs were not even alike,dees ree was thinkin that she inspired beyonce to write the song but she was proved to be wrong when b played the song and she read the lyrics.so
no big deal there,we just make mistake sum times.

dees ree just needed attention

@ Youngdaddy,
Haba, it's only a Nigerian that will come up with such nonsense. i can bet my left breast that Des'ree said no such thing. Nawa for Naija reporting o. angry angry
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by concrete: 7:32pm On May 03, 2007
Beyonce is pathetic!

She's always stealing other people's things or taking credit where it isn't due

She also claimed to write irreplaceable (though Neyo and co. did and all she did was add a few "oohs" and "yeahs"), emotions (which is a Bee Gees song from the 1970s) etc,
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by Free(f): 2:32pm On May 04, 2007
so tru she didnt write "Irreplaceble"

is Neyo song, she jus made it hot by singing it grin grin
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by Shokoloko(f): 1:45am On May 05, 2007
angry If i tell u how i ahte beyonce? if thoughts could kill she for don die 100 times
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by sammyjl(f): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2009
Do not steal
Re: Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" by nairakween: 1:51am On Jan 23, 2011
4 yrs later I update :-) LOL
Beyonce was forced to pull all the cds with Desrees song which she had no permission to use from distribution and send out new ones without the illegal content.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1557909/beyonce-pulls-bday-deluxe-edition-due-lawsuit.jhtml

Three weeks after celebrating her second B'Day, Beyoncé is pulling the plug — at least for now — on the re-release of her recent solo LP. Thanks to a pending lawsuit over her cover of Des'ree's "I'm Kissing You" on her B'Day - Deluxe Edition album and video anthology, the singer and her label have agreed to stop distributing the albums and DVDs that include the song.

(1) (Reply)

[rate]ebube Nwagbo Vs Damilola Adegbite – / 'i've Been Having Sex 500 Times A Day!' Kim Kardashian Reveals / Show Of Shame As Nollywood Actors Fight Over Patience Jonathans’ N3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.