Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

Urgent Advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent Advice Needed (380 Views)

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed by womaniser(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2019
I got a new better by all standards job and I was given a month to quit my old one with a fudged up indian coy. Based on advice, I held on to the resignation latter until I resume the new one and see how things are from the inside.

I resumed today and I'm now certain this is a place to be base don the salary (100% increase) and all the perks. Now my old job requires I use my salary for operational expenses which is submitted by month end and I'm reimbursed sometime in the middle of this new month. Problem now is if I tender my resignation letter I'm sure the company will not pay my due prior expenses amounting to about 50k so I intended to wait it out till I receive my pay before I bail. On the other hand, I have resumed my new job and I have to reporting everyday now to the new office. embarassed

I can't play absenteeism for so long long in the old coy and I've been refused a leave of absence saying its too early in the year. What do I do now cry

I'm supposed to report to both places tomorrow so I need to take a stand tonight.

Advice please
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by mylander(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2019
If u are satisfied with the new job, please tender your resignation at ur present job. The highest is that u lose a month salary in lieu of the notice u didn't give them. Please, resign honourable and move on. Best of luck in your new job.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by inforesource: 6:59pm On May 06, 2019
My advice? Let go the former job because trying to double play may end up you losing both. Let go and resign if you know the new job is ok for you.
womaniser:
I got a new better by all standards job and I was given a month to quit my old one with a fudged up indian coy. Based on advice, I held on to the resignation latter until I resume the new one and see how things are from the inside.

I resumed today and I'm now certain this is a place to be base don the salary (100% increase) and all the perks. Now my old job requires I use my salary for operational expenses which is submitted by month end and I'm reimbursed sometime in the middle of this new month. Problem now is if I tender my resignation letter I'm sure the company will not pay my due prior expenses amounting to about 50k so I intended to wait it out till I receive my pay before I bail. On the other hand, I have resumed my new job and I have to reporting everyday now to the new office. embarassed

I can't play absenteeism for so long long in the old coy and I've been refused a leave of absence saying its too early in the year. What do I do now cry

I'm supposed to report to both places tomorrow so I need to take a stand tonight.

Advice please

Re: Urgent Advice Needed by 2special(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2019
if you don't mind faking sickness for your old employer
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by womaniser(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2019
Thanks everyone. I've called the MD and sent in the resignation mail.
2special:
if you don't mind faking sickness for your old employer

I thought of that but being sick till about 17th of this month won't work well, they'll know something is up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019 Summer Associate Program At Sterling Bank Plc Is Ongoing / Looking For A Job In Your City And State / Federal Task Force Recruitment; Any Hope For Aspiring Applicants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.