Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? (1167 Views)

Need Some1 Or A School To Teach me full stack software development for 100k / Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? / Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 12:43pm On May 07, 2019
I am rephrasing incase the title was d issue
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 12:48pm On May 07, 2019
paulnewplay:

Hello,
i'm interested in phone programming because i hear tht you can make some money from it but i hav some questions that i cant get answers to.

1) is it hard to learn,do i need maths?

2) can i teach myself nd become good? If so how long will it take (from noob programming knowledge to hosting app on store)?
Or am i better off going to a computer school

3) can i make money from it? By putting apps on the playstore, if so can i earn a full time living on it or is the market already saturated?

4) which is more lucrative,android or webdesigning?

5) if i have to go to school which would you recommend in abuja that is pocket friendly?

6) How do i pay for a developer account from nigeria? Or do i need to hav a usd account with my bank?

7) if i can make money,how do i withdraw the money,do i need a dom account ?

cool can i get a job as a phone developer in nigeria with no degree?

9) can youhelp me with free resources to learn with?

Pls Reply. Thanks.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
I still need help nd guidance
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Anagha123: 2:53pm On May 07, 2019
I will advise you to join a WhatsApp group about web development and Android.

I have a group, just DM and I will add you.

It is free.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 3:34pm On May 07, 2019
Anagha123:
I will advise you to join a WhatsApp group about web development and Android.

I have a group, just DM and I will add you.

It is free.

you post question on facebook but go to twitter to get the replies! My nokia phone is 2012 edition. Android don expire for my phone tey tey! I cant get on whatsap even if my life depended on it and i no get money for new phone. If you wanna help u post ur replies here.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Anagha123: 5:04pm On May 07, 2019
paulnewplay:

you post question on facebook but go to twitter to get the replies! My nokia phone is 2012 edition. Android don expire for my phone tey tey! I cant get on whatsap even if my life depended on it and i no get money for new phone. If you wanna help u post ur replies here.
ok
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Anagha123: 5:11pm On May 07, 2019
[quote author=paulnewplay post=78180849][/quote]
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Anagha123: 5:35pm On May 07, 2019
[quote author=paulnewplay post=78180849][/quote]
Let me answer your questions.

1. it's not hard to learn, you only need dedication and discipline.

2. you can teach yourself but I will not advise you to do so. It will take like 2 months depending on your consistency in learning.

3. Don't let your motive be money but you can make money from it depending on the App you are creating. Also, there is a chance of you getting a job in a firm.

4. I will say creating android apps is more lucrative as everybody now used an android phone

5. You can enroll for a course online on android development. There are various school you can attend in Abuja, google is your friend.

6. It is easy but first go and learn Java before talking about payment. Google charge $25 before opening a developer account. It is a one time fee.

7. That is not a problem. Go and create the app first before talking about payment.

8. Yes if you are very good.

9. Code.org, Codeacademy, udemy.com, GitHub, etc

I will advise you not to focus on money.

Follow your passion and money will follow you.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by SilverG33k(m): 3:17am On May 10, 2019
paulnewplay:

Jesus, are you for real? You don't own an Android and you want to be a developer? Look at the manner you replied... I'm disappointed
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 8:27am On May 10, 2019
SilverG33k:

Jesus, are you for real? You don't own an Android and you want to be a developer? Look at the manner you replied... I'm disappointed
i'm just poor ,my family isnt poor per se they just shun me, that's it. I have a computer though,acquired it this yr,so it can run d android sdk, how about strting from there. I meant to say "whatsap don expire from my phone tey tey". Dude i'm serious about earning a serious buck online,article writing is a no-no for me. No money for data and chasing 5000 words for $1. No money to doing youtube,i need about $1k+ for camera nd equipmnts,i've not even mentioned electricity yet. Besides wetin i go talk for camera. My options are web dev or phone dev.
I am also genuinely interested in coding. So if you can help do so.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by paulnewplay: 8:43am On May 10, 2019
Anagha123:

Let me answer your questions.

1. it's not hard to learn, you only need dedication and discipline.

2. you can teach yourself but I will not advise you to do so. It will take like 2 months depending on your consistency in learning.

3. Don't let your motive be money but you can make money from it depending on the App you are creating. Also, there is a chance of you getting a job in a firm.

4. I will say creating android apps is more lucrative as everybody now used an android phone

5. You can enroll for a course online on android development. There are various school you can attend in Abuja, google is your friend.

6. It is easy but first go and learn Java before talking about payment. Google charge $25 before opening a developer account. It is a one time fee.

7. That is not a problem. Go and create the app first before talking about payment.

8. Yes if you are very good.

9. Code.org, Codeacademy, udemy.com, GitHub, etc

I will advise you not to focus on money.

Follow your passion and money will follow you.

Dude,thanks for sharing. Your advice is the first comprehensive reply to my plea. God bless you. Continue to help others.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by rojaravi: 6:38am On Nov 25, 2021
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Sheriman(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2021
For now don't think about money, rather think about how will you become a professional Android developer where you will become an hotcake for companies and firms in Nigeria or Abroad that need Android Application for their services.

Let me clear some things to this newbie here. Before thinking of putting your App on Playstore or making money from App you need to know all these:
To become an Android developer you need a good Laptop at least 8GB of RAM 256GB SSD memory and 2 Nvidia graphics card in order to run Android Studio smoothly without wahaala when writing your App. You need enough data to download Android Studio or IntelliJ idea to start learning and navigating through them.
You need a work station in your room where nobody will disturb you. Your complete privacy.
A good table and a relax chair.
Consider the availability electricity power supply in your locality (Nigeria general wahaala cheesycheesycheesy)

Firstly, you have to learn the basics of Kotlin. Create enough time to learn read practice practice practice and practice all the exercises on each topics before moving to another topic. Please visit Google for that. Luckily, there are a lot of Kotlin documentations that Google developers have provided online for a person who is new to Android development to start learning Kotlin. Programming is a challenge which requires you no time for laziness, you have to shun away some things for programming because there are so many things to learn if really you're very serious about becoming a professional Android developer. Learning all the basics and understanding it could takes you 1 year depending on how serious and dedicated you are.
My advice to you is don't be like all these mediocre Nairaland programmers who are running from one language to the other, learning C# today dumping it for flutter tomorrow, then continually jumping from Java to JavaScript to Python to Django to C++. At the end of the whole months they gain nothing. As you have decided to become an Android developer, I implore you to learn, understand, develop, study, read, practice and stay with one language of developing Android which is either Kotlin or Java. But I recommend Kotlin for you because of it simplicity and concise in nature compare to Java. Thanks to Google for supporting it. They have provide abundance programming exercises on various topics, tools and frameworks. Such as Jetpack compose, Data Structures and Algorithms, Machine learning, Material design and Kotlin coroutines. Don't be afraid my friend!! You can learn it one after the other, It is a step by step process. You don't need to rush. If you are learning and get tired or bored sometimes watch movies or play games or go outside to catch some fun then return back.
Don't start learning by watching videos, I recommend visiting Google documentation on Kotlin or JetBrains PDF documentation on Kotlin basics. It will really help more than just watching YouTube videos.
Ready for so many challenges ahead of you on your journey and that what will make you a better programmer because as you are overcoming them, providing solution and solving these challenges, will make you to understand Android development more and more.
I really hope I have help you??
Happy coding my friend!!!
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by Sheriman(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2021
My friend you need a degree to get the job because most of these tech companies and firm who want to hire any developer will requires such person to have a degree certificate.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by mekuso89(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Sheriman:
My friend you need a degree to get the job because most of these tech companies and firm who want to hire any developer will requires such person to have a degree certificate.
Not true they prefer hiring a freelancer who knows what they doing
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by TOBIeee68(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
I will advice you go for flutter.dev is what I am learning presently. Very easy lol.
Re: I Am In Interested In Android Developmnt Can Some1 Help Me? by mekuso89(m): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
TOBIeee68:
I will advice you go for flutter.dev is what I am learning presently. Very easy lol.
Cool bro what's the system requirements for it..
Below is my system properties

(1) (Reply)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn And Master Frontend Web Development / I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? / Jan Koum And Brian Acton-the Developers That Founded Whatsapp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.