Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,133 members, 7,887,267 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Herdsmen Collected Ransom Of Over N5M Before Releasing Me- Abducted OAU Lecturer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Collected Ransom Of Over N5M Before Releasing Me- Abducted OAU Lecturer (239 Views)

A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video) / Policeman Requests For A Bottle Of Beer Before Releasing Man's Car In Imo State / "SARS Officials Dragged Me Naked With My Manhood, Took N30k Before Releasing Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Collected Ransom Of Over N5M Before Releasing Me- Abducted OAU Lecturer by prof2007: 1:03am On May 08, 2019
Professor Olayinka Adegbehingbe, the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) lecturer at the department of orthopaedic surgery who was abducted on Sunday, said N5.045m was paid to secure his release. He disclosed this in an interview with NAN and attributed his release to the power of God.

He said the kidnappers, whom he described as herdsmen, initially demanded N30 million but later collected N5.045m after negotiation. Speaking on the high level of insecurity across the country, he said many jobless youths have resorted to crime.
He called for community policing as well as provision of employment for the youths, saying “idle hands are the devil’s workshop. The federal government needs to invest more in security; we need to know the identity of people coming in and going out of the town, state and the country at large,” he said.

“The people who abducted me were herdsmen and they had four guns and multiple rounds of ammunition as well as different dangerous weapons. I also thank the security operatives, the entire OAU and OAUTHC communities, our families, church members and all other well wishers for their prayers and other support rendered.”

Oluwole Komolafe, president of the Nigeria Medical Association in Osun state, also expressed gratitude to God for the release of Adegbehingbe. "The Federal Government should look into the issue of security across the country so that citizens would have rest of mind,’’ he said.

SOURCE (abridged): https://www.gist mania.com/talk/topic,387865.0.html
Re: Herdsmen Collected Ransom Of Over N5M Before Releasing Me- Abducted OAU Lecturer by omoolorire(m): 5:18am On May 08, 2019
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Man Bites Off Rival’s Ear In Public Brawl / Free Naira Marley: Nigerians Protest In Front Of Efcc’s Office In Lagos (video) / # Help Save Deborah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.