Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,275 members, 7,925,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast (12583 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Buhari Suspends RUGA / Buhari Suspends Ruga Settlement Projects / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by Musty2019: 11:50am On May 09, 2019
Awol1:
That's why the North like him.

He's a religious fundamentalist.

Abandoning a state function to break fast.

Femi Falana wasn't chewing gum when he said Nigeria has been reduced to Banana Republic.

Didn't our constitution say that Nigeria is secular state?

So they should kill themselves, its not you people's fault, its because u are all being updated about what is going on.. During GEJ era, una Sabi anything
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2019
Awol1:
That's why the North like him.

He's a religious fundamentalist.

Abandoning a state function to break fast.

Femi Falana wasn't chewing gum when he said Nigeria has been reduced to Banana Republic.

Didn't our constitution say that Nigeria is secular state?
Show were the constitution says Nigeria is a secular state and receive 30k

Nigerians don't know what it means to be a secular state, then they use the term anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2019
AmazingELixir:

The VP suspending FEC to attend to a delegation from Human Right group is a state responsibility, suspending FEC meeting to break fast is a personal responsibility. Hope you see the difference. And you don't bring your personal activities during important official function.
Didn't u also read where they said the went for break in afternoon for lunch? enh
Or lunch is not a personal tin also?

Nigerians re the problems of this country

too much hate and religious intolerance oozing everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by AmazingELixir: 1:27pm On May 09, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Didn't u also read where they said the went for break in afternoon for lunch? enh
Or lunch is not a personal tin also?

Nigerians re the problems of this country

too much hate and religious intolerance oozing everywhere

Afternoon is an official break time....it is known, so what is your next excuse?
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Afternoon is an official break time....it is known, so what is your next excuse?
So people working into the late of the night don't deserve a simple 30minutes break

Nawa for una
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by AmazingELixir: 1:54pm On May 09, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
So people working into the late of the night don't deserve a simple 30minutes break

Nawa for una

The official break hour should be used...besides if you think they are not been paid for the extra hours you have another thing coming..

Time is money and time should be used judiciously, 30mins. could make the difference between life and death.

In responsible climes they don't mess with official time and that is why they are better while we retroggress as a people and as a country. I know this because I have a first hand experience.

Do not condone official recklessness because you feel you have a stake in it...
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by zegxy: 1:56pm On May 09, 2019
You are dying of ignorance by saying Christians don't fast.when xtains do fast, its 6 A.am to P.M, no breaking at dawn.

Christians don't even fast as far as they are not attacked by village people !!!!

respect your religion
that's the true way of life
respect your religion
that's your culture!!!!

even suspend everything to make sure you break your fast!!!!!

[/quote]
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by suremanpatriot: 2:17pm On May 09, 2019
if na oshinajo called for adjournment to break fast during lent period, would buhari have honoured it?
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by semyman: 2:42pm On May 09, 2019
The responses of some on this topic depicts a group bereft of sanity.
So because of state function he should not break his fast so that you ineffectual buffoons can celebrate if anything tragic happens to him?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by TeamSimple(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided

We have special rulers in this country....Just image what this man is suspending a state function to do....couldn't he have delegated the vice president to preside over the FEC meeting if religion is all that matters to him.

Misplaced priorities it shows this man has no iota of discernment of the myriad of challenges the country is facing or he he plainly doesn't give 2 shi.t about what anyone says or thinks
It always break my spirit when I see people with very good English sounding so myopic and silly . Religion or fasting aside . Would you have come with so muc bitterness if the president had take a 1 hour break to go have lunch in the middle of a FEC meeting ? Or if he ends the meeting by 6 just to go have dinner , I am sure it wouldn’t have been news . But because it has religion undertone you lost your sense of reasoning and threw logic to the wind . It pays not to be intentionally unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by commoditiesnig: 3:31pm On May 09, 2019
TeamSimple:

It always break my spirit when I see people with very good English sounding so myopic and silly . Religion or fasting aside . Would you have come with so muc bitterness if the president had take a 1 hour break to go have lunch in the middle of a FEC meeting ? Or if he ends the meeting by 6 just to go have dinner , I am sure it wouldn’t have been news . But because it has religion undertone you lost your sense of reasoning and threw logic to the wind . It pays not to be intentionally unfortunate.
You just stated exactly what I wanted to say. I wonder if folks don't know that in long hour meetings & Retreats, there are often Breaks - tea break, brunch, lunch & dinner.

Media houses/dailies are often times the problem of our country.. Just see how a simple BREAK SESSION was sensationalised and religion highlighted. Unfortunately gullible readers, even majority here JUST READ THE HEADLINES AND REACT TO THEM WITHOUT EVEN READING THROUGH THE STORY.. It So So Sad!!
Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by olayinka63: 4:04pm On May 09, 2019
I don't blame the OP, I blame Nairaland admin. This site has become a tool for tribal and religious sentiment. A break of 30 minutes after long hours of discussion is not too much but the objective of the topic is to stair religious sentiment and it worked out.
If I have the opportunity I will be the first to blacklist Nairaland from Nigeria cyberspace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: Buhari Suspends FEC To Break Fast by FreemanUYB(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2019
MisterGrace:

You are obviously a stark illiterate.
I don provoke this one!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Renewed Hope: Tinubu Will Work To Make Nigeria Better – Buba Galadima / Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan / Spain Charges Boko Haram Abubakar Shekau With Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.