Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,595 members, 7,929,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:06 AM

I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. (3880 Views)

Federal Character Commission ‘unaware’ Of Waiver For CBN 2015 Secret Recruitmen / Tambuwal Visits Hospital At 2a.m., catches Sokoto Staff Unaware... / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by MRMoneyE(m): 4:09am On Sep 22, 2010
[b]Written by Idowu Samuel and Dare Adekanmbi
Wednesday, 22 September 2010

FORMER vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, on Tuesday, said he was not aware that President Goodluck Jonathan declared his intention to contest the 2011 election on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the Eagle Square, Abuja, last Saturday.

The former vice-president made this known during his visit to the national secretariat of the PDP, where he submitted his nomination and expression of intent forms on his own presidential aspiration.

He told newsmen that he was not interested in Jonathan, a reason he did not have much information on the president’s declaration programme.

Atiku, who was asked by newsmen to react to the declaration by Jonathan for the presidential race, said, “I didn’t see it. Honestly, I didn’t watch it.”

He arrived at the PDP headquarters around 12.51 p.m. in a black Mercedes Benz S550 with registration number DP 679 LND (Lagos),  and affirmed that the four principal presidential aspirants from the North were keen on picking one of them as a consensus candidate.

He affirmed also that representatives of the aspirants had started engaging in exploratory talks on how to come up with  a consensus candidate for the North ahead of the presidential primaries by the PDP.

Atiku said, “there is a process for the emergence of a consensus candidate in the North. It shows that the North is even more united if they agree to bring out a consensus candidate.”

Atiku, however, denied knowledge of overwhelming support from the North  for President Jonathan to retain his seat in 2011, stressing,  “I am not aware that the northern states are supporting anybody.”

Meanwhile, governors from PDP states have continued to throng the national headquarters of the party to pick and submit their nomination and expression of intent forms, and those who submitted their forms included the governors of Kebbi State, Alhaji Nasamu Dakingari; governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan, as well as senators and members of the House of Representatives, all seeking re-election.

In another development, former National Security Adviser, General Aliyu Gusau, has said that the North would not go back on the issue of zoning, a decision he said President Jonathan was aware of, as he disclosed he would declare for the 2011 presidential election in two weeks’ time.

Gusau said he was part of the northern elders who fought to make the PDP admit zoning of the presidential slot to the North, and hence would not back down on the issue, no matter the pressure.

He said President Jona-than was familiar with his position on zoning while he was serving in his government, adding that his presidential aspiration was known to the president as well.

The General Gusau Presidential Campaign Organi-sation, which addressed the media in Abuja, preparatory his planned formal declaration, said he was in total support of the position by the northern elders asking the PDP to prevail on Jonathan to bury his presidential aspiration.

Addressing the media on Gusau’s resolve to join the presidential race, the director of the campaign organi-sation, Chief Ben Obi, told newsmen that the North was serious about presenting the next president of Nigeria in 2011, a reason all the presidential aspirants agreed on a consensus option ahead of the election.

He said, the committee saddled with the task of picking a consensus northern candidate would zero in on one option, which, according to him, would be accepted by him, General Ibrahim Babangida, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Dr Olusola Saraki.

“In a fortnight, General Gusau (rtd) will formally declare his aspiration to all Nigerians, having concluded an extensive and exhaustive consultations with distinguished Nigerians.

“The longer time frame before the formal declaration is to respect this period of golden celebraton of our national independence. Before then, however, the candidate will hopefully visit the geopolitical zones of the country to brief party faithful and distinguished delegates, in preparation for the primaries of our party, PDP.”

Obi stated reasons behind the delayed entry of Gusau into the presidential race, attributing it to the necessity for him to fulfil the task entrusted to him on ensuring the stability of government which, he said, he was called from retirement to achieve.

Gusau, also on Tuesday, denied that his relationship with General Babangida had been strained as a result of personal issues.

The organisation said there was a cordial relationship between the duo, adding that they had never had any cause to disagree.
.[/b]

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/11411-im-unaware-of-jonathans-declaration-for-2011-atiku-north-wont-go-back-on-zoning-no-rift-with-ibb-gusau
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by MRMoneyE(m): 4:13am On Sep 22, 2010
Mr Atiku where were you during the declaration  even a one year old baby was awared that GEJ declared his presidential intension,
Not to talk of you, stop decieving yourself

Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by jamace(m): 5:54am On Sep 22, 2010
Don't mind him. He knows. He is just jealous of GEJ.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by metalGo0g: 6:02am On Sep 22, 2010
Must everybody watch the GEJ's declaration . . . . Nigerian press sef!!
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by adultebony(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2010
Ostrich
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by MRMoneyE(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2010
metalGo0g:

But not for somebody like Atiku to tell us he wasnt aware of GEJ declaration grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by 9ijaprince(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2010
Atiku has always been a pathetic liar.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by maddock(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2010
metalGo0g:

Na wah to you o, as my warri brothers would say. Is Atiku deaf,blind and dumb. Is it not a big shame to publicly insinuate he was unaware of GEJ declarations in Abuja. How is he planning to win if he is unaware of the public declaration of the main contender. To me this statement is rediculous if its true.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2010
. . . . . . .still the pathetic old fool and arrogant person. These old rats just cannot stand up to their idea of a non-military, Christian and minority-southerner ruling Nigeria.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by metalGo0g: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2010
maddock:

Na wah to you o, as my warri brothers would say. Is Atiku deaf,blind and dumb. Is it not a big shame to publicly insinuate he was unaware of GEJ declarations in Abuja. How is he planning to win if he is unaware of the public declaration of the main contender. To me this statement is rediculous if its true.

He said he didn't watch the declaration, not that he wasn't aware of the event.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2010
He said he didn't watch the declaration, not that he wasn't aware of the event.

Metal(whicn one), you are either blind, did not have the patience to read the article or trying to simply be mischevious.

FORMER vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, on Tuesday, said he was not aware that President Goodluck Jonathan declared his intention to contest the 2011 election on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the Eagle Square, Abuja, last Saturday.

Mental, read very well before you make any comment, else your foolishness will keep becoming more glaring with each passing day.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by debeginin(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2010
Imagine this liar wanting to rule 9ja
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2010
This just shows that this aspirant is not serious. If he is oblivious of an obvious opposition, then he won't see the monumental economic challenges this country presently grapples with. shocked
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by FrankC3: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2010
I am not aware too. Now somebody should sue me!!!
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by metalGo0g: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2010
Frank-C:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by rasputinn(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2010
How come people are reporting the assinine rants of that kleptomanic loser called Atiku?
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 22, 2010
Atiku ti ku when jonathan declared. grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by MRMoneyE(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Atiku ti ku when jonathan declared. grin

wetin kill am ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by kosovo(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2010
OMG, This political Feather Weight has decleared aleady? shocked shocked, He must be very stubborn and must want to flex his muscles . . .
Anyone has a video of the declaration speech, cos i wasn't aware . . .
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by santanovva(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2010

Of course, Atiku is aware of Goodluck's declaration to contest - but not on the ticket of the PDP!
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2010

OMG, This political Feather Weight has decleared aleady? , He must be very stubborn and must want to flex his muscles . . .
Anyone has a video of the declaration speech, cos i wasn't aware . . .

. .  . .Hypocrites, just like your paymasters. You sure learnt from the best. grin grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2010
MR Money £:

wetin kill am ooooooo   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin Maybe we should ask him why he made that silly comment in the first instance grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2010
Then what is the meaning of this thread?
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Exponental(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
May be APOLLO catch am for[b] EAR [/b] or WIKKLO catch im EYES
abi e no get television for house or PHCN cut him light and generator don spoil.

POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by kobikwelu(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
ROTFLMAO

one of my colleague at work just said it was frustration that was "catching" the man grin grin grin grin

seriously, this is political

he is just trying to downplay the significance of the declaration, by not recognising it

my brothers, its all politics
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
Can someone please tell me which cave Atiku is just crawling out from if he was unaware of GEJ's declaration. I guess it could be the Koma cave!
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Beaf: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2010
Most Nigerians were unaware of Atiku's declaration.
When and where did he declare?
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by MRMoneyE(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2010
kobikwelu:

ROTFLMAO

one of my colleague at work just said it was frustration that was "catching" the man grin grin grin grin

seriously, this is political

he is just trying to downplay the significance of the declaration, by not recognising it

my brothers, its all politics

ALTHOUGH AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT IF SOMEONE IS REALLY FUSTRATED YOU ARE LIKELY TO =
1, FORGET YOUR NAME
2, LOST YOUR MEMORY
3, LOST YOUR VISION
4, TALK IRRATIONAL
MORESO, PEOPLE SEE YOU AS HALF LUNATIC  
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Echidime(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin Atiku wish OBJ died during their tenure so he will become president like God gave it to Jonathan,but God say Noooooooooooooo your a criminal,very dangerous person to rule this my belove country grin grin grin grin grin grin thats why he is ENVIOUS OF OUR GOODLUCK
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by bisiaet: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2010
I think it look like a big joke that a presidential aspirant was making a declaration publicly and was  televised nationwide and even on international T.V and a person of Atiku status and also a presidential aspirant will come out and say I do not watch or I'm not aware if we look at this statement well it look like try to play down the declaration in pretence. Though it is not a MUST" for anybody to watch it but as a politician of his level I think it is neccesary if not a must for him to watch it either live or or on news. This is just my own view.
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Bese: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
ALTHOUGH AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT IF SOMEONE IS REALLY FRUSTRATED YOU ARE LIKELY TO =
1, FORGET YOUR NAME
2, LOST YOUR MEMORY
3, LOST YOUR VISION
4, TALK IRRATIONAL
MORESO, PEOPLE SEE YOU AS HALF LUNATIC

Gbam!!!!!
VERY CORRECT. Even the low class man know that those are the likelihood of someone who's half Lunatic or frustrated in life like A, T, I, K, U!!!!!!
If he were a good leader, he would have simply put " I am aware but I couldn't just go there as I wasn't invited" (Pls I'm not his spokes man)
Re: I’m Unaware Of Jonathan’s Declaration For 2011 -Atiku. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
"I didn't see it, honestly I didn't watch it," Atiku was in coma that day, thank goodness he made it back to life. A lier who wants to become the president of Nigeria come 2011. Atiku was saying in real terms that he didn't recognize the declaration of GJ. He should be ready to go on self exile or commit suicide come 2011 when GJ will be elected to serve Nigeria again as the president. There is no ways about it am afraid. He is still not going to be aware of the rest of the business. Thats what he wishes himself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Sue Fg For Blocking Phone Services In Abuja? / Osun Begs Tertiary Institutions' Workers To End 4-month-old Strike / Police Arrest 7 Doctors For Protesting Colleague’s Abduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.