Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,456 members, 7,881,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji (6903 Views)

Ado Doguwa Officially Declares For Speakership (Photo) / Youth Group Calls For Speakership To Be Zoned To The North West / Breaking!! APC Adopts Gbajabiamila For Speakership Position (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Handsomecole(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2019
9th Assembly: " Ignore the lies I am still in the race for speakership" - Onyejiocha

Onyejeocha speaks on withdrawal from Speakership racePublished on May 9, 2019 By Nsikak Nseyen

Rep. Nkiruka Onyejeocha (APC-Abia), on Thursday, said she is still in the race for the office of the Speaker of the incoming 9th House of Representatives.

Onyejeocha, Chairman, House Committee on Aviation, spoke on Thursday in Abuja, while reacting to reports which claimed that she was stepping down from the race to settle for chief whip.

“Why will I want to bargain for anything less than the office of the speaker? I am a very serious minded person, I do not give into frivolities and will not be a game for anybody.

“I will not use speakership to bargain for anything, it is more comfortable for me to sit down and remain a ranking member than going through the stress.

“I am very much in the race,” NAN quoted her as saying.

Onyejeocha said that she was not worried about the amount of endorsements of other aspirants in the media.

She said as a politician, she was aware that endorsement does not translate to votes.

According to her, there is time those that have endorsed one person or the other can still change their minds, adding that life is about change and people can change their minds on the day of the election.

Onyejeocha said that it was still possible for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to consider all the agitations and issues put forward to move Nigeria to the next level and change its position on the zoning announced.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/09/9th-assembly-onyejeocha-speaks-withdrawal-speakership-race/

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by etibaba(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2019
Madam, no one is stopping you from being speaker. Since you have chosen to contest then go ahead but you will not win, Shikena.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by rofanx13: 4:27pm On May 09, 2019
Don't be distracted liked the tribal bigot above me.
You contributed your own quota in rigging buhari in for his second term.
You're a ranking senetor and qualified to contest.

Don't mind bad elements claiming one Nigeria and acting otherwise

5 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by ainas247: 4:27pm On May 09, 2019
undecided still the the race, temple run .....

want to rank your business to
Google page 1 check my profile
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by sexiestharam(f): 4:28pm On May 09, 2019
n

1 Like

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Erolow(f): 4:29pm On May 09, 2019
Okay. We hear

Check my signature jhor

1 Like

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Ihutomi: 4:29pm On May 09, 2019
relevance is gotten by what we have done and integrity, madam go sit down.

1 Like

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by quincyshakur(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2019
Weytin concern me angry angry I problem na how i go tak leav dis shit hole country enta Malay
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Erolow(f): 4:34pm On May 09, 2019
This information is obviously going to change my life forever. Thanks for sharing... Mtchewwwwwww

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by sheunpompey1: 4:34pm On May 09, 2019
Who is she
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Princeofasia: 5:36pm On May 09, 2019
this mgbeke
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Lagosfinder(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2019
The speakership position is Coming to Lagos Madam please dont disturb

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by BuhariAdvocate: 5:40pm On May 09, 2019
Even if people are deceiving you must you also be decieving yourself. Apart from your name that disqualified you gender is another aspect to consider.

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by fergie001: 5:40pm On May 09, 2019
She is on her last term...as Umunneochi people are complaining if she is the only one from there......

She won't contest...she just wants a better committee asides Aviation....that's all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by cyprex: 6:10pm On May 09, 2019
rofanx13:

Does it look like you made any sense?

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Nyamuriflathead: 6:40pm On May 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Even if people are deceiving you must you also be decieving yourself. Apart from your name that disqualified you gender is another aspect to consider.
Lmao

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by pfadom: 9:20pm On May 09, 2019
Olodo! Is she a senator?

rofanx13:

1 Like

Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by barbstee(m): 7:15am On May 10, 2019
I didn't even know that this woman is now in APC, I could remember she was in pdp in 2015 when we were serving in isuikwato then.
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by MorufuAtanda: 7:36am On May 10, 2019
Onjeyi for Speakership. Madam you are winning. We Yoruba will vote for you.

Gbaja is a thief that duped his clients while practicing law in the United States, when the American judiciary moved against him, he quickly closed his practice in the US, ran down to Nigeria and changed his name from Gbaja to Gbaja-biamila to avoid detection. The court records are on the internet. Our Yoruba media have remained silent on this because thiefnnubu have settled them.

Gbaja is a criminal and will not be voted for Speakership.
Re: 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji by Ultimatezlant: 8:01am On May 10, 2019
rofanx13:

hmm

(1) (Reply)

Armed Forces Remembrance: Ugwuanyi Donates Cash, Food To Widows Of Fallen Heroes / Ekiti Tops Transparency, Integrity Ranking Among 36 States / NLC Writes FG, Dismisses Claims Of 80% Agreement Fulfilment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.