Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,273 members, 7,974,248 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:07 PM

Spiderman 3 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Spiderman 3 (4898 Views)

Death Match !!!!! Spiderman Fighting With Black Blue Spiderman / Is Spiderman The Best Comic Movie Adaptation? / Latest Gist On The New Movie Spiderman 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spiderman 3 by emmiejay(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2007
This movie is simple out of the world, It was even given the "Most successful movie in history" who can beat that, Anyone agree with me

Re: Spiderman 3 by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On May 08, 2007
Man! i didnt feel this muviee oh!
the CGI was tite but thats all der is to enjoy,
ive seen it twice sef,
cant see it again sha
i can definitely see 300, 300 tymes!! grin
Re: Spiderman 3 by kenniy(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2007
Was lovely, full of effects and all that,
but the funny thing is i didnt really feel it as much as i felt superman 3 or 300, maybe i got something wrong,

the funny thing is thats there's no real 'bad man' in the movie!! thats makes it cool though!!!
Re: Spiderman 3 by justkunmi(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2007
the grafix is all there is to the movie.
seriously, the build up to the movie was way over the top,. the acting was very good but the story wasn't concrete.
like they were just trying to while away time. . .

like i asked before, why did they introduce the sand guy?? he didn't even have a name in the movie. just the guy who killed parker's uncle. .

one thing i love bout the movie is the comedy part of it. it was really really funny.
peter parker's boss,. .
when parker became venom. . .

anyways, its still a good movie.
Re: Spiderman 3 by kenniy(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2007
The sand man's name is Flint Marko,
Re: Spiderman 3 by opeemi1(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2007
Heard alot about the movie. But I am best motivated in getting a copy soon.

Re: Spiderman 3 by OhGrey(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2007
I saw spiderman3 on Monday, the movie was awesome!!! The CG something else, sandman , venom were all something else. The movie also showed how we are driven by our egos and how we are effected by the choices we make.

The movie also made some nice attempts at being comical, e.g. peter at the restuarant. The way the maitre looked at that engagement ring I thot he was going to bolt with it.

The movie was real nice but nothing compared to the thrill of 300
Re: Spiderman 3 by justkunmi(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2007
yeah, the movie was very comical
parker at the restaurant
parker dancing on the street
parker and the other guy at the newspaper office. . .
Re: Spiderman 3 by Nobody: 11:19am On May 10, 2007
who say's spidey 3 ain't tite?
its kool jo, stop comparing movies
300 is a different story, though kool 2 d xtreme
How better can spidey 3 be?
Re: Spiderman 3 by jagwar: 1:31am On May 11, 2007
Saw it yestrday. This is the best movie iv watched since the ground breaking effects of MATRIX1.

Whose complaining about the story line? (i dont remember buying a comic book as a kid to read a realistic story line) it was always all about th action.

Lets see who'l beat this movie this year shocked
Re: Spiderman 3 by justkunmi(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2007
jagwar:

Saw it yestrday. This is the best movie iv watched since the ground breaking effects of MATRIX1.

then you've obviously not been seein movies at all, . .
the best u've seen since matrix one?
haba. .d
Re: Spiderman 3 by Vieira(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2007
Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, JK Simmons and many others!

Review:

Our favourite wall-crawler is back on our big screens this summer in his third outing and how we have missed him.
In this latest instalment the villains are crawling out of the wood work, this time we get three villains for the price of one but have no fear this villain overload does not mean it turns into anything like the travesty that was Joel Shumacher's Batman Forever.
We have a new incarnation of the Green Goblin and he looks much better than the original!
Gone is the silly power rangers mask and even the glider looks much slicker and edgier. Harry Osborn, son of the original Green Goblin continues the legacy of his father and he still blames Spider-man for his Dad's death.
James Franco plays Harry Osborn as if he was born to the role, he for me is a more convincing super-villian than William Dafoe ever was.
The next up we are introduced to the Sandman played admirably by Thomas Haden Church who captures perfectly the anguish of a serial loser who is trying to do right by his family but always seems to get it wrong.
His powers give the movie some great visuals and contrast very well with Spider-man's fighting style.
And lastly but by no means least we get to meet the newest villain known as Venom, he is not actually called this name in the movie but any comic book fan of note would be aware of his name.
Venom does not appear for very long in the film but does play an overall vital role the story-line and makes his presence felt in the climactic fight.
The plot basically is this: An alien symbiote bonds with Spider-man, hence the black costume, but it brings out all the latent aggression and arrogance in Peter. This is made even worse when Mary-Jane, who is having a hard time herself in her career, starts drawing away from Peter into the arms of Harry Osborn. This pushes Parker over the edge, we see Parker go on a journey into the darkside and only snaps out of it when he realises he has hurt Mary-Jane.
The rejected symbiote is not pleased and bonds with a rival of Peter who has reason to hate him and hence creating the menace known as Venom.
Now Spider-man has to contend with Venom at the same time as dealing with Sandman, will the Green Goblin also add to his woes? Well watch the movie and find out!
The is movie was quite long and for me this was in some ways a minus, as there seemed to be a lot of padding in the story and certain sequences could have been shortened.
The plot spends a lot of time on the romantic side of Peter's life and in many ways had a lot of chick-flick moments.
The film starts off showing that Peter Parker is in a happy place, Spider-man is popular, he has MJ the love of his life and he's doing well in school. The only cloud on his horizon is the enmity between him and Harry but as the film progresses we see his world collapse.
I thought the fight scenes were very well done especially the ones between Spider-man and the Goblin. I particularly I thought the first fight with Green Goblin and Peter Parker in his civilian identity was quite cool.
As is normal in these films Spider-man is put through the grinder and you feel every knock he gets, take note makers of Superman Returns, Superman fighting Lex Luthor is NOT what superhero movies are about!
How does it match up with past instalments? Well in my humble opinion it is better than the first one but not up to the sheer class of the second Spider-man movie which I actually consider the best Superhero movie ever made.
With this movie breaking all sorts of box office records around the world, I can rest easy in the knowledge that there will definitely be more Spidey movies in the future, yippee!
In the meantime roll on Fantastic Four 2!
Re: Spiderman 3 by Seun(m): 5:30pm On May 14, 2007
One common complaint was that the "evil" Spiderman wasn't very evil at all. He was just funky.
Re: Spiderman 3 by justkunmi(m): 6:43pm On May 14, 2007
exactly seun,
venom was not bad at all.
infact, he made a better man out of peter parker, . ;
the dance moves and everything. .

question is. . . .what happened to the venom we were expecting? the evil venom?
Re: Spiderman 3 by watever(f): 1:30am On May 15, 2007
i ddn't like d movie, it woz too incredible, and i don't mean in a good way
i mean, a whole 4 superpeople in wan movie? abegi!
Re: Spiderman 3 by jagwar: 3:51am On May 15, 2007
justkunmi:

then you've obviously not been seein movies at all, . .
the best u've seen since matrix one?
haba. .d

@ justkunmi
I hav nothing to say 2 someone who enjoyed ghost rider.
Ur taste in movies is questionable(case closed)
Re: Spiderman 3 by Vieira(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2007
justkunmi:

exactly seun,
venom was not bad at all.
infact, he made a better man out of peter parker, . ;
the dance moves and everything. .

question is. . . .what happened to the venom we were expecting? the evil venom?

erm

Spider-man and the black costume are not venom, hence not meant to be evil.

Eddie Brock and the black suit are what becomes Venom and what is meant to be evil.

The suit tried to amplify Peter's darkside but he does not have much of a mean streak at all.

But Eddie Brock is a totally different ballgame.

So the evil venom you were expecting is what you got when it combined with Eddie.
Re: Spiderman 3 by Imani(f): 2:47pm On May 18, 2007
I have seen Spiderman 3, while it was intesting, i didnt think it was that special.

[s]Maybe it is because i havent been a fan of Spiderman series[/s], for some reason, i seem to prefer other trilogies such as the matrix and x-men.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ / Sleepy Hollow Fan Page / The First Nollywood Action Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.