Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Osun Election: Senator Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: Senator Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement (273 Views)

Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination / I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict / Ademola Adeleke Reacts To His Victory At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Senator Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Abdulazeez99: 7:27am On May 10, 2019
Senator Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Osun 2018 Governorship Election said he had instructed his counsels to challenge the appeal court judgement which upheld Gov. Gboyega Oyetola’s election at the Supreme court, Igbere Tv reports.

Adeleke, in a statement made available to Igbere Tv newsmen in Osogbo on Thursday said he received the appeal court judgement with dissatisfaction.

According to him, the judgment of the appeal court relied on weak technical foundation, while the substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background.

“I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state.

“I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today’s judgement at the Supreme Court immediately.

“Today’s judgement relied on weak technical foundation.

“The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background.

“We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate,” Adeleke said.

He, however, urged the people of the state not to be downcast, saying that the struggle for good governance and retrieval of People’s mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement.

“We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today’s unsustainable ruling.

“To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage.

“We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained.

“In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun State” Adeleke said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/644266/just-in-osun-election-senator-adeleke-blows-hot-following-appeal-court-judgement/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Osun Election: Senator Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by dukie25: 7:29am On May 10, 2019
Supreme Court will give him back his mandate.
Re: Osun Election: Senator Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Mynd44: 7:36am On May 10, 2019

(1)

Why I'm Proud To Be A Nigerian / Okorocha Alleges How Oshiomhole Pushed Him Out Of His Office, Speaks / We 've Kick Started Aketi Reelection In Iju, Says Oba Farukanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.