Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,758 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:06 AM

Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions (8830 Views)

Fuel hike: Pro-Tinubu Protesters Storm National Assembly / South-South Governors, Leaders Demand 50% Oil Derivation / Anti, Pro-Akpabio Protesters Storm National Assembly Over NDDC Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Chelsea82: 4:24pm On May 10, 2019
Nigerian Women storm National Assembly in protest exclusively from government. The protesters demand reservation of principal for women.

The protesters were singing, "wetin we dey fine 50-50" the demands 50% leadership positions.

Watch Video Below,

http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/05/nigerian-women-storm-national-assembly_10.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by BuhariAdvocate: 4:33pm On May 10, 2019
50-50 from who? they should be a bill to forbidden women's from occupy political office. What's the contribution of women's to the nation building from 1999 ?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by hisexcellency34: 7:03pm On May 10, 2019
Jobless women. I command you in the name of Buhari go home and cook for your husbands and then go to the oza room

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 10, 2019
Lmao,50-50 bi ti bawo........Shey dey didn't realize we now have 3genders............bobrisky,derenle and co should also come out and protest to this inequality....33,33,33% no cheating,God no go vex

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Jestin: 7:05pm On May 10, 2019
In the voice of Buhari and i quote “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Dre19: 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Leadership or sex postion which one grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by pansophist(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Hope they will also demand for 50/50 space in soldiers sent to sambisa undecided

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Benekruku(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Most of this women cant even lead on bed

And they plan to lead multiple people

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by eistien(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Aren’t these positions electable posts, how many of them contested during the past elections.

You can’t just expect to be given power because you’re a woman or because there aren’t many women in government.

You have to actually earn these positions, I believe if a woman is qualified and has the required experience no employer will over look her because she’s a woman, there’s no law stopping woman from being in power so instead of these protests why not educate the girl child and start grooming her for leadership? There are good role models to follow, people like Okonjo Iwela, the late Dora Akuniyi, Angela Merkel, Theresa May. None of these women got voted or appointed because they were women, they actually earned these positions with their brains and hardwork

And no, I don’t have anything against women, I see myself as a feminist, someone who believe that women can achieve what ever they want and excel in any profession or field of study, I just feel that the idea being pushed by some bitter women that the world is against women or men hate a successful woman is wrong

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by MisterGrace: 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
grin I don't pity them at all...

Even with the obvious signs, they voted for this scam of a government.
Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
shocked
Really

Just like that.

Leadership is attained not given, so we should give them positions because they are women.

That is sexism, feminism and stupidity at its peak.

Abeg oh , make Una no too vex, na only headline I read, but na true, I talk grin

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by TollaniINC(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
Na wa o...but shey dey have to be elected into Senate before dragging positions...how many female senators dey?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
grin ;Dthats the spirit. But that man at the top will feel intimidated, just as most Nigerian men are intimidated, they will not grant it, the fight continues till we get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by patexcool(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
women are vexing o
Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Belafonte(m): 7:09pm On May 10, 2019
Imagine going to the CBN to demand to be given money. This is what these women are doing.

You get what you want in life by earning it, not becoming a nuisance.

These women should be arrested and made to sweep the whole of Abuja. This is the result of joblessness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Kendumazy(m): 7:09pm On May 10, 2019
They want to chop from the national cake. Even on Nairaland, most of them can't make intelligent comments. They should go and meet their husbands in the oza room and demand 50/50 banging styles joor.

Men long sleeve shirt from India for sale at #2000.
Check link https://www.nairaland.com/5159718/
clearance-sales-nice-colors-men

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Destroyerofyeeb: 7:09pm On May 10, 2019
Just look at them, rather than demand for good governance they all want a piece of the cake. I just hope they'd clamor for 50/50 when soldiers are being sent to sambisa.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by spirul77: 7:09pm On May 10, 2019
50-50 for political appointment ,I would take them serious when they start agitating to be 50 percent of shoemakers, truck drivers, tailors and agbero sef.lol

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by mhizsuzzy(f): 7:10pm On May 10, 2019
Why are they storming national assembly?
Are they not the higher population when it gets to voting?
Pls is they anywhere in the constitution 100% rights were given to men...

They will still be the ones that will vote men and be disturbing us!

Ask Jubril why she had only 2 votes during the primary election of PDP then when they were massive women in that congress?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Martinez39(m): 7:10pm On May 10, 2019
Stupid women. Never satisfied with anything and always looking for special privileges. They think they are entitled to these privileges. You don't get a political position because you have a vagina. You must earn and merit what you get. Nonsense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 10, 2019
spirul77:
50-50 for political appointment ,I would take them serious when they start agitating to be 50 percent of shoemakers, truck drivers, tailors and agbero sef.lol

Entitlement mentality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by alizma: 7:12pm On May 10, 2019
Stupidity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by jojothaiv(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2019
Waiting for the first female Nairalander to comment....
Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Rubicon67(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
50-50 from who? they should be a bill to forbidden women's from occupy political office. What's the contribution of women's to the nation building from 1999 ?

I want to believe this is a typo error because a right thinking person will not make a statement like this.

Before you ask, I am a man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by hisgrace090: 7:13pm On May 10, 2019
But those men in those position are your brothers, your husband, your sons or friends why not appreciates God for their sake?
Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Tallesty1(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
grin ;Dthats the spirit. But that man at the top will feel intimidated, just as most Nigerian men are intimidated, they will not grant it, the fight continues till we get there.
Senseless.......

You don't just get up and demand equal position in leadership, you work for it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by KingLennon(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2019
50-50 for wetin? I thought your president said women belong in the kitchen grin. All this women wer neva get sense dey find 50-50. See dem...

Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Queenserah26(f): 7:14pm On May 10, 2019
Okay o.
I pray.
Re: Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 10, 2019
patexcool:
women are vexing o

They should go to their constituency and compete for political positions.... It will not be given on a platter of gold

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phrank Shaibu: PDP Confident Of Atiku’s Chances In 2023 / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project-buhari / Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.