Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,140 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue (17948 Views)

EFCC Nabs 18 Suspected Yahoo Boys (photos) / EFCC Nabs SSG's Brother With N60m Cash In Car Boot - Photos / EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Ritzy10(f): 1:49pm On May 11, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Makurdi Zonal Office has arrested one Ikechukwu Sunday Onovo, a 32-year-old suspected money transfer fraudster at one of the new generation Banks in Otukpo, Benue State.

He is an indigene of Nkanu-west Local Government of Enugu State, but resides in Makurdi, Benue State.
Onovo's method includes going to Benue State University Gate to report to the security that he lost his ATM card. The unwary security men would then hand over the pack of lost but found ATM cards of students to him to check if his own was among. And he would steal some of the cards.

With the stolen cards, Onovo would hang around ATM points to offer help to people who have problems operating the machine and in the process, deliberately gives his victim his stolen card and takes his or her own.

He will later go back to withdraw all his victim's money.
Onovo disclosed that he has made more than N1million (One Million Naira) through the fraud. He pointed out that there were so many other young men in the crime, who are operating in different locations in the country.

At the point of his arrest, the EFCC recovered two ATM cards (Diamond and FCMB), N15,000, ring, necklace and bracelets from him.

He will soon be charged to court.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/efcc-nabs-money-transfer-fraudster-in-benue/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by CityNGR: 1:51pm On May 11, 2019
Ipob...yet again?

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by adecz: 1:56pm On May 11, 2019
Is it a crime to wear rings, necklace
& bracelets?

Police & them oversabi.. undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by kingjrofficial(m): 1:59pm On May 11, 2019
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by NotNairalandi(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2019
See his face like mosquito wey get epilepsy. grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Buhdeuce: 3:00pm On May 11, 2019
A different kinda Wire Wire!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2019
Youths are the new politicians

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by nairalee(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2019
I'm amazed that Its 2019 and the fraud of swapping cards of someone that need assistance with ATM machine is still working. I'm disappointed

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Ultimatezlant: 3:02pm On May 11, 2019
Ok
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by jojoki: 3:02pm On May 11, 2019
His Agbada don hook at last

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 11, 2019
Onovo's method includes going to Benue State University Gate to report to the security that he lost his ATM card. The unwary security men would then hand over the pack of lost but found ATM cards of students to him to check if his own was among. And he would steal some of the cards.

With the stolen cards, Onovo would hang around ATM points to offer help to people who have problems operating the machine and in the process, deliberately gives his victim his stolen card and takes his or her own.

He will later go back to withdraw all his victim's money.

Matters arising.

1. Never ever lose your ATM card.

2.ATM cards usually have the name of the owner printed on them (at least for Mastercard and verve). Wonder how the security could be handing cards to Master Onovo sans ID.??

3.If you have issues with ATM machine....CALL A BANK OFFICIAL. ENTER A BANK. ASK FOR HELP from a BANK OFFICIAL...not from a MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by IamSoProlific: 3:03pm On May 11, 2019
This guy na mumu, I detest scammers, not to even imagine local scammers.
This little everybody still dey manage for this clime called Nigeria, you still have the tenacity to rip them of.

You deserve mass beating, just mass beating,no jail terms whatsoever, let efcc release you with the masses so they can unleash their pain on you.
None can do it better than the affected.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by rawtouch: 3:04pm On May 11, 2019
make them go catch boko for money laundering..

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by maestroferddi: 3:04pm On May 11, 2019
The story get k-leg...

Since when did security men begin to return trapped ATM cards?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by okonja(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2019
Social engineering at work here... cheesy
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Smarties09090: 3:05pm On May 11, 2019
You are a fool for saying this
Oluwasaeon:
Youths are the new politicians

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 11, 2019
Until EFCC arrests Gandollar for accepting bribes, I won't take them serious!

If una like make una (EFCC) come arrest me to come and explain the motor wey I siddon on top for my profile picture!

Useless Hypocrites!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2019
EFCC hitting back 2 back!
Nice job guys!
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by FreemanUYB(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2019
young politician !!!
Igbo's and crime are like
breast and mouth!!!!!

quote me and I will tell you Igbo AMAKA!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 11, 2019
prince3009:
Until EFCC arrests Gandollar for accepting bribes, I won't take them serious!

If una like make una (EFCC) come arrest me to come and explain the motor wey I siddon on top for my profile picture!

Useless Hypocrites!!

EFCC cannot move against Gandollars UNTIL the State House of Assembly impeaches him

And since the State House of Assembly has been prevented from impeaching him by a 'backyard court order'...Gandollars is safe.

Yes the EFCC moved against Fayose...however

1.Fayose committed his crimes with the assistance of the state civil service and some appointees....that was why EFCC found it easy to go against Fayose's people because of the paper trail.

2.EFCC did not arrest or move directly against Fayose until he legally left office.(and he even came to them).

3.Gandollars's bribe was a 'personal arrangement' between him and the offeror of the bribe. No state civil service involved. No government official involved. Gandollars only got caught because of the camera that filmed him.

4.EFCC cannot arrest Gandollars because...no paper trail, payment was made in cash. (They could move against the offeror of the bribe...)

Therein lies the problem.

Last time EFCC moved against an elected official...Joshua Dariye in 2005....it blew up in their faces....and delayed the case by over ten years.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by armadeo(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2019
Lol.

It works until it fails.

I think.this. country is.finished
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by bazooka1: 3:15pm On May 11, 2019
This happened to an elderly woman I know. She had the presence of mind to report to the bank instantly and the card was disabled when she discovered her card was switched by the "helper".
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by AmazingELixir: 3:16pm On May 11, 2019
lipsrsealed

Crime...crimes ...and more crimes in Nigeria every passing day, this country is sitting on the precipice of total collapse.

This treatment is more effective than outright jungle justice ..

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Wanity(m): 3:18pm On May 11, 2019
maestroferddi:
The story get k-leg...

Since when did security men begin to return trapped ATM cards?
Biafra afo ojor

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Praktikals(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2019
Igbos and crime are like siamese twins

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Pavore9: 3:21pm On May 11, 2019
adecz:

Is it a crime to wear rings, necklace
& bracelets?

Police & them oversabi.. undecided undecided undecided

You just chose not to read the entire post!
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Wanity(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2019
FreemanUYB:
young politician !!!

Igbo's and crime are like

breast and mouth!!!!!

quote me and I will tell you Igbo AMAKA!!!!!!
Spoted
Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by Dannyhajo(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2019
some youth are idiots commending EFCC on arresting and prosecuting there fellow graduated people who were unable to secure a nice job due to corrupt system of our leaders.... where's gandollar where's tinubu where's ameachi there busy drowning the common man future and we're here reproaching ourselves....

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue by landmark86: 3:23pm On May 11, 2019
Just 2 check name
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police officers Repel Gunmen Attack On A Police Station In Ebonyi State / Nigerian Asylum Seeker Arrested For Beating Up Hotel Owner In Italy / Okada Riders Protest In Karu, Abuja Over The Killing Of Their Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.