Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,264 members, 7,967,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 01:34 AM

Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG (536 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Lawyers Plead With DSS To Have Access To Court Room / Deji Adeyanju: Charly Boy Is A 9-Digit Fraudster / CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by besti12: 8:30am On May 12, 2019
The Federal Government has opened converses with three banks in Nigeria to encourage the foundation of single-digit premium advances for purchasers of new vehicles being collected in Nigeria.

The Director-General, National Automotive Design, and Development Council, Mr. Jelani Aliyu, expressed this in Lagos while talking with columnists on the sidelines of the dispatch of a 2019 Nigeria-gathered Honda HR-V.

He gave the names of the banks as Wema Bank, Jaiz Bank, and Stanbic IBTC Bank, including that discourses were at that point at a propelled stage.

Jelani expressed, "We are at the phase of finishing the understanding as far as the MOA– Memorandum of Agreement" including that the arrangement would settle before the finish of the present quarter.

He stated, "The goal is to give single-digit intrigue credits. Automobile financing has been troublesome in the nation since banks charge 20 percent premium or more. We are working with these banks to bring it down to about somewhere in the range of nine and 10 percent greatest.

"With around 10 percent, individuals can drive new vehicles, and we would like to make it work before the finish of this second quarter. This will likewise to expand limit as far as new vehicle generation."

The NADDC DG said car producers would need to meet certain conditions to be a piece of the arrangement, for example, just vehicles amassed in Nigeria could be sold under the plan; provision of an after-deal system and spare parts among others.

"This is only a pilot plan to make it go. When the automobile money bargain gets off the ground, we trust that more banks will get into it and the Nigerian government would put more assets into it," Jelani said.

Since the legislature expanded the import obligation on vehicles from 22 percent to 70 percent around four years back, costs of autos have risen cosmically.

This has antagonistically influenced the number of vehicles being sold every year in Nigeria, with the figure of new vehicles dropping from around 50,000 units in 2012 to 18,000 units in 2014 and under 10,000 of every 2018.

read more: https://gistok.ng/nigerians-will-soon-have-access-to-single-digit-auto-loans-says-fg/

Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by Bizmagnet: 8:33am On May 12, 2019
Ok ooooo but I don't think having a car is the basic goal of an average Nigerian.

The way your business and ideas are dressed is the way she will be addressed. Submitting proposals with your website intact tells alot about your passion. Check my signature to contact me for your website/blog/software today

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by baliyubla: 8:35am On May 12, 2019
Another Nigerians will soon thread. Dullardeens government and “Nigerians will soon” are inseparable.
Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by Nobody: 8:37am On May 12, 2019
Loans for ndi Aboki.
Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by brainstorm214(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yes, I agree, this is good news, but people need to know how to get this loan, because this procedure is not so easy. For example, when I took out a car loan it was processed for about half a month because I needed, firstly, to find my credit history and secondly improve it. Moreover, it's a pity that I didn't know that the confirmation of my credit depends also on what amount I take. I learned about all this through my bitter experience, but others are better to know all these moments from articles, that are here
Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by goodspeed963(m): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2019
brainstorm214:
Yes, I agree, this is good news, but people need to know how to get this loan, because this procedure is not so easy. For example, when I took out a car loan it was processed for about half a month because I needed, firstly, to find my credit history and secondly improve it. Moreover, it's a pity that I didn't know that the confirmation of my credit depends also on what amount I take. I learned about all this through my bitter experience, but others are better to know all these moments from articles, that are here
Ohh, it's nice but I'm from Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Will Soon Have Access To Single-digit Auto Loans, Says FG by simonlee(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2019
baliyubla:
Another Nigerians will soon thread. Dullardeens government and “Nigerians will soon” are inseparable.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki And The 8th National Assembly / See Full List: Top Ten Most Indebted States In Nigeria (external) / Speaker: Nwajiuba Gets A Boost As Former Senate Whip Backs South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.