Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:58 PM

Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know (1242 Views)

Two Senators In IMO States Dumps PDP Joins Labour Party / There are No Oil In Akwa Ibom anambra and Imo States From Satellite / PDP Postpones Lagos And Imo States Guber Primary Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by tsfisheriesm: 12:54pm On May 12, 2019
Truely there is more to it than the ordinary eyes can see. The news broke out yesterday that 15yrs and 16yrs children from Imo and Abia states ,came first and second at the just concluded utme 2019.Do you remember that these two states were one before it was splitted. I am an nteach beneficiary of the federal government npower program posted at the famous govt college owerri. There is something I noticed about this school, when one comes and settles down as a teacher in this school, you are first given a time table, then something happens. Your superior subject teacher gives you a well detailed note in your subject, you must teach with it, that's their standards, after each class the prefect gives you a note to sign that you have covered your period . While going through the note to prepare for your class you will discover so many things that you may not know even as a professional in that field. Secondly ,these children at govt college proceed to an academy where they obtained tutorial before going home each day ,especially the exam class. These "academies " are scattered the length and brenth of owerri. Another thing I noticed is that, there are few private primary and secondary schools in owerri and the few you see are of very high standards and expensive. This could be the reason these states perform better in external exams.

1 Like

Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by dadavivo: 1:16pm On May 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
Truly there is more to it than the ordinary eyes can see.
Na my school be that.

I remember growing up in Owerri early 2000s there're so many tutorial centers everywhere that it's an insult for you not to be in one. The competition in Owerri is too much up till now.

It's scary as a secondary school student not to be in school during school hours, everyone want to know why you're not in school. Good luck with you if you're wearing school uniform, Gov Udenwa (student task-force) then will grab you and take you to the principal.

I didn't know I will run out of luck one day, Mr Biggs just opened up adjacent to our school, my friends and I decided to go buy their meat-pie only for police task-force to grab us to our principal, it felt like we stole from Mr Biggs it was very shameful.

But Rochas came and reshuffle the schools in Owerri by merging two different schools together. some schools that used to be only boys are now boys and girls. I just hope Rochas system will work.

Tutorial center is a good business for teachers to earn extra cash from 4 - 6pm. But make sure you're opening it in a state where student will come without begging them.

4 Likes

Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by MightySparrow: 1:17pm On May 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
Truely there is more to it than the ordinary eyes can see.
Tell us more

1 Like

Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by christejames(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
Truely there is more to it than the ordinary eyes can see. Truely there is more to it than the ordinary eyes can see. The news broke out yesterday that 15yrs and 16yrs children from Imo and Abia states ,came first and second at the just concluded utme 2019.Do you remember that these two states were one before it was splitted. I am an nteach beneficiary of the federal government npower program posted at the famous govt college owerri. There is something I noticed about this school, when one comes and settles down as a teacher in this school, you are first given a time table, then something happens. Your superior subject teacher gives you a well detailed note in your subject, you must teach with it, that's their standards, after each class the prefect gives you a note to sign that you have covered your period . While going through the note to prepare for your class you will discover so many things that you may not know even as a professional in that field. Secondly ,these children at govt college proceed to an academy where they obtained tutorial before going home each day ,especially the exam class. These "academies " are scattered the length and brenth of owerri. Another thing I noticed is that, there are few private primary and secondary schools in owerri and the few you see are of very high standards and expensive. This could be the reason these states perform better in external exams.

You could be right... not just in Owerri, such centres are scattered all over the east, saw so many in Nsukka with good private schools.

I love the way the govt always look out for their public school in Enugu state, you hardly see students going to private schools there, if it's not gov, then mission or highly rated private schools. Though more still need to be done.

#followNPFL
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by tsfisheriesm: 2:32pm On May 12, 2019
christejames:

You could be right... not just in Owerri, such centres are scattered all over the east, saw so many in Nsukka with good private schools.

I love the way the govt always look out for their public school in Enugu state, you hardly see students going to private schools there, if it's not gov, then mission or highly rated private schools. Though more still need to be done.

#followNPFL
Most of the guys who operate these academies are First Class materials who couldn't find jobs upon graduation and are now making it big time.

5 Likes

Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by dadavivo: 3:09pm On May 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
Most of the guys who operate these academies are First Class materials who couldn't find jobs upon graduation and are now making it big time.
Yeah, but at the end of the day its a win-win for both Teachers and Students
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by tsfisheriesm: 3:39pm On May 12, 2019
dadavivo:
Yeah, but at the end of the day its a win-win for both Teachers and Students
you 're right.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by christejames(m): 5:25pm On May 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:

You are right Bro, my thoughts exactly
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Xander85: 5:38pm On May 12, 2019
When i say Igbo success is attributable to the culture, this is what i mean.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by tsfisheriesm: 4:18pm On May 13, 2019
Xander85:
When i say Igbo success is attributable to the culture, this is what i mean.
That's right.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Yorubasarecurse: 6:47pm On May 13, 2019
These igbos are truly God's chosen people. Can someone tell me the secret to their uniqueness.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by ChristianNorth: 7:59pm On May 13, 2019
Not just in Imo, but also in Abia.

Those Remedials are ran by University graduates and it is expensive to enroll your wards in any.

In my state, Abia it seems it is a taboo to sit for external examinatiosn without undergoing those trainings and I noticed those trainings are exam focused.

They are prepared using the past exam questions.

I wish them good luck.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by ChristianNorth: 8:00pm On May 13, 2019
Yorubasarecurse:
These igbos are truly God's chosen people. Can someone tell me the secret to their uniqueness.
Carry your supremacist views commot from here. Ndi ara
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by kettykin: 8:07pm On May 13, 2019
All these i too sabi. Why come online to reveal your trade secrets. It seems igbos are their worst enemy
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Nwadiuto247: 8:54pm On May 13, 2019
kettykin:
All these i too sabi. Why come online to reveal your trade secrets. It seems igbos are their worst enemy

See how foolish you sound. Other people's success is paining you so much. Sorry for your miseraable life.
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Casptainspecial: 9:00pm On May 13, 2019
Commendable
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by kettykin: 9:03pm On May 13, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

See how foolish you sound. Other people's success is paining you so much. Sorry for your miseraable life.

You are ignorant
Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Nwadiuto247: 9:14pm On May 13, 2019
dadavivo:
Na my school be that.

I remember growing up in Owerri early 2000s there're so many tutorial centers everywhere that it's an insult for you not to be in one. The competition in Owerri is too much up till now.

It's scary as a secondary school student not to be in school during school hours, everyone want to know why you're not in school. Good luck with you if you're wearing school uniform, Gov Udenwa (student task-force) then will grab you and take you to the principal.

I didn't know I will run out of luck one day, Mr Biggs just opened up adjacent to our school, my friends and I decided to go buy their meat-pie only for police task-force to grab us to our principal, it felt like we stole from Mr Biggs it was very shameful.

But Rochas came and reshuffle the schools in Owerri by merging two different schools together. some schools that used to be only boys are now boys and girls. I just hope Rochas system will work.

Tutorial center is a good business for teachers to earn extra cash from 4 - 6pm. But make sure you're opening it in a state where student will come without begging them.

Thsts Owerri for you.

I passed through tutorial centre in my days at Owerri.

Education is highly competitive there.

In my days there, the graduates in my church will never allow us rest.'

Every sunday they will ask you of your academic progress. When school closes they will ask you to bring your result to them. If you take WAEC or JAMB the same thing happens.

The pressure was too much but it also was quite helpful to us,

1 Like

Re: Abia And Imo States Educational System What You May Not Know by Nwadiuto247: 9:19pm On May 13, 2019
kettykin:

You are ignorant

Quite nonsensical of you. In your infantile mindset, you believe that revealing what helped us to succeed will make others to surpass us.Pity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only 10 Nigerian States Are Economically Viable, 17 Bankrupt ( See Details) / This Is Why I May Marry A Christian Lady – Aliko Dangote Reveals / Festus Adebayo: Role Model To Unborn Generation By Osobu Suuru Alexander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.