Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,889 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:50 PM

JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody (499 Views)

Obi Cubana Regains Freedom After Three Nights In EFCC Custody / Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile Are Still Undergoing Intense Grilling In EFCC Custody / EFCC Parades Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile, Ramanjago Over Yahoo Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody by lagosmp3(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2019

Up-and-coming artistes, Afeez Fashola (aka Naira Marley) and Temidayo Omoniyi (aka Zlatan), who were arrested on Friday morning by the Economic and Financial Crimea Commission in connection with alleged cases of internet fraud and money laundering, were still in detention on Saturday night, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

The EFCC’s acting Head, Media and Publicity, Tony Orilade, in an interview with our correspondent, confirmed that the artistes had not been released.

Orilade said;
“They are still with us as we are talking.”

Asked if the singers would spend the weekend in custody, he said;
“They are still with us. When they are released, I will let you know.”

The EFCC arrested the singers based on “intelligence report” allegedly linking them to cybercrime offences.

The commission said the artistes were apprehended along with three other suspects, Tiamiu Abdulrahman, Adewunmi Adeyanju and Musa Abubakar, following an early morning raid at 9, Gbangbola Street, Ikate, Lekki, Lagos.

A statement by the EFCC had said;
<blockquote>“At the point of arrest, the commission recovered a number of items, including laptops from the suspects. They have so far volunteered information about their involvement in the alleged criminal activities, even as investigations continue.”</blockquote>

The commission last year launched Operation Cyber Storm to curb the activities of internet fraudsters.

Over 150 suspects have been reportedly arrested across the country.

Naira Marley last week released a song titled ‘Am I a Yahoo Boy?’, which sparked controversy on social media.

Following the release, veteran rapper, Michael Ugochukwu Stephens, popularly known as Ruggedman, in a video that went viral last week, criticised the song.

Naira Marley responded to the criticism in an Instagram Live video ridiculing Ruggedman.

SOURCE: http://www.lagosmp3.com.ng/entertainment/gist/just-naira-marley-zlatan-remain-efcc-custody/

Cc; lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody by monarch101(m): 1:43pm On May 12, 2019
i hope they face the full wrath of the law.because one phone call would release those monkeys,abi no be naija we dey
Re: JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody by monarch101(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2019
shout out to every nigga on legit hustle,i can assure you that pay day is near.let's keep the fire burning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Naira Marley, Zlatan Remain In EFCC Custody by KevinDein: 2:51pm On May 12, 2019
monarch101:
shout out to every nigga on legit hustle,i can assure you that pay day is near.let's keep the fire burning
cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naira Marley Still In Our Custody EFCC Told Nigerian / MTN Project Fame Winner, Olawale Pictured With Comedian, Nedu / My Downfall Is Not Drug Abuse But Spiritual - Majek Fashek Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.