Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Christ Possibility Church: HIDDEN TRUTH DEVOTIONAL (may 12, 2019) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Possibility Church: HIDDEN TRUTH DEVOTIONAL (may 12, 2019) (212 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional May 15 2023. / Open Heaven Daily Devotional May 15 2023. / Probablistic Possibility Within The Subsets Of The Entropy for Peace of Mind. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christ Possibility Church: HIDDEN TRUTH DEVOTIONAL (may 12, 2019) by traffwire: 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
HIDDEN TRUTH DEVOTIONAL (May 12, 2019)

TOPIC: LIVING A LIFE FOR GOD
TEXT: Psalms 1:1-4
INTRODUCTION: “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.” – Ps. 1 (KJV)

The degree of commitment God requires from every believer is to make Him only their source of knowledge and might. Making the living God the only source we have is a step ahead to greater achievement in life. In the verse 1 of the text, the Holy Scripture established the characteristics or level of expectancy of a man called blessed by God.

What You Should Do to Live Your Life for God

1. Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly. Who are the ungodly and what does it mean to walk not in their counsel? The ungodly are seen as those who are moved or controlled by the flesh. They are the ones that have zero care for the things of God. More so, their belief system is accorded to carnality – 1 cor. 2:9-12. When a believer walks by the counsel of the ungodly, it is very dangerous. Walking by one’s counsel means seeking advice from someone to make a particular decision. And when someone who is under the control of the flesh gives advice to us, in some way, the advice might seem right in our own sense, but the endpoint is full of destruction – Prov. 14:12. This is because every bit of counsel given by the ungodly will always be contradictory to the will of God which can only be unlocked or known by the Spirit of the Father alone – 1 Cor. 2:10-12.

2. Blessed is the man that stands not in the way of the sinners. Whosoever takes pleasure in the love of the flesh rather than the love of God is rebelling against God. And whoever rebels against God is a sinner. A sinner could take a godly form, do not be deceived for no one can ever taunt God. God is the giver of the Spirit and the Spirit is the power of God. That someone is a sinner does not mean s/he cannot appear in a godly forma. They may be church members, workers, or holding a potential office in the church, but yet, they are living a sinful life because of their love for pleasure rather than God. These are the kind of people some Christians have taken as role model in this world today. As a true believer, we are not expected to stand in their way nor follow their footsteps.

3. Happy is he that sits not in the seat of the scornful (mockers of God). This is getting rampant among the Christianity today. There are some Christians so-called that find pleasure in listening to the things, acts or sayings that ridicule the power and reality of God or His Word – Col. 2:8.
The scripture emphasized that we are not expected to listen to them. In order to guard our heart jealously, we must always examine spiritually, the level and weight of whatever we read, hear or see to avoid our heart being polluted – Prov. 4:23. Instead, we are required to rely on the Word of God (studying and keeping His commandments in our heart always) and His Spirit. Ps. 1:2.

The Outcome of Living a Life for God (Ps. 1:3)

God expects us to live for Him only in order to be partakers of the beautiful purpose He has set down for us. If we live for Him, we are entitled to enjoy all the great things He prepared for us to be successful in life.

1. Divine breakthrough: A life that is lived for God will always experience breakthrough that has no obstruction. It will always not be deprived of success on every instance.

2. Divine guidance: God guides only those who make Him their shelter. A life lived for God will never suffer the protection of God, irrespective of the situation - such life will always enjoy the full support of God’s angels. Ps 91:11

3. Fruitful generation: The good promises of God for a life lived for Him shall be extended to descendants. Abraham was a perfect example of this scenario. We, his descendants, became partakers of his blessing as a result of his faithfulness. He lived a blameless life for God. And this is why we could come with bold claim of his inheritance. Any man who lives his life for God will never regret it not even his descendants, but rather, they shall all benefit from the promises of God.

4. Productive life: A productive life is a successful life. Anyone who lacks spiritual productivity will never be successful. The only way in which one could have a life that is successful and peaceful is to live only for God. As royal priesthoods, we are charged to outshine in every atmosphere we find ourselves. This is an indication of carrying the Spirit of the living God. See Daniel, Joseph etc.

5. Source of Blessing to others: God blesses us to bless others. A life lived for God will always be source of blessing to others. Ezek 47:12.

Digging Deep: Prov. 4:14; Jer. 17:6; Josh 1:18; Ps 119:6

Prophetic Declaration: I, (mention your name), declare that I am a child of God. Henceforth, I shall no longer seek advice from the carnal, nor make the unbelievers or sinners my role model, nor listen to vain talks or acts that do not bring glory to your name. Rather, I shall meditate on your Word day and night and follow the lead of your Spirit always that I may inherit every good promise you have prepared for whoever lives his/her life for you only.

Prophetic Prayer: Father, I thank you for the grace you have given me to be a partaker of your promises by revealing this truth. I pray for your enablement to help me live my life for you to the very end. Amen!

Prophetic Prayer Point: O Lord, give me the sound Spirit of yours to be able to know exactly what to do and not to do. [a*- 2 Cor 11:14]

For prayer help or counselling, call 08163656890

(1) (Reply)

The Promised Land / Grace Abounds, Live Your Life! / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Your Husband Snatched Your Wedding Ri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.