Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1086746 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kdamnhot: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
Titaness:
Hello everyone,

. Then the discount rate is stated as 10% p.a. (but as I stated earlier, I was credited with less than 5%). Should the interest be calculated per annum? The duration of the TBill's 182 days. Are there circumstances that can make a person's interest that low? Someone who's knowledgeable in this should please give me the necessary information.

I feel cheated. I feel like I tied my money down for nothing.

The rate is per annum , so u multiply by the number of days divided by 365 to get ur actual % interest

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Titaness: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
Kdamnhot:

The rate is per annum , so u multiply by the number of days divided by 365 to get ur actual % interest

It makes sense now, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Titaness: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
chygoz3:

The interest rate stated is per annum. If the tenure of your investment is 182 days, that's just about 6 months, hence the interest rate will be half of 10%.

I get it now, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Onebase79(m): 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
Triplezero50:

Actually, they have called off their strike. It's been like a couple of weeks now.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any reliable contacts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
samsonedos:
Hello guys,
Please, does anyone have the phone number of VFS Lagos office? The one on their website is not working.
I am planning on traveling to do my biometrics next week and would like to know if their machine is ok now as someone stated weeks ago on this thread that their machine is faulty.

Please help me!!!!!!!!! Info needed urgently.
was there last week. Its working
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Titaness:
Hello everyone,

I read here that TBills is profitable but I feel like I have been swindled. Decided to purchase TBills with POF instead of leaving the money in

as POF is it not tied down also grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ifevictor: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Esomimi:
Good morning all,

Please does anyone know if the Biometrics machine in Lagos is working now? Supposed to be there next week and I'm about to book my flight. Please help!!!!!!

It is working now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Judsy06: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hello @Majamisile @ Lady marshal pls can I be included in the July AOR group please?
majamisile:

Thanks ma'am. PM duly received. I dey drink water dey jejely wait for your PPR script which we will be reading pretty soon grin grin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by know: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
@Topsmamen, @ladymarshal and other gurus...

We got a ADR requesting bank statements and payslips for the past one year. We used the webform link in the request letter to upload it. We later got a mail today that we should rather upload on our online accout with cic. We seem not to be able to find any place-holder on the accout where we can upload. Pls, can anyone help us to find our way round it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
Titaness:
Hello everyone,

I read here that TBills is profitable but I feel like I have been swindled. Decided to purchase TBills with POF instead of leaving the money in my account and of course, for security reasons. I already did the math with the rates I saw here and my online research. I was expecting a reasonable interest but the interest I received hit me hard (still pissed sef). Now, I need clarification so that I will prepare myself well for a showdown at that bank.

I used Zenith bank and had to wait for over a week before the TBills were auctioned (so they said). I waited happily (in my mind..."yay primary market = better interest rate). The day eventually came, to my utmost disappointment, the interest I received was lower than 5%. Never read anywhere or met anyone whose interest was that low. Could the bank have done something shady? Do TBills investments have custodians? The letter that was sent to me bears Zenith Pension as my custodian. Then the discount rate is stated as 10% p.a. (but as I stated earlier, I was credited with less than 5%). Should the interest be calculated per annum? The duration of the TBill's 182 days. Are there circumstances that can make a person's interest that low? Someone who's knowledgeable in this should please give me the necessary information.

I like u...lol..: u want to collect full 10percent per annum but u invested for half the year which is your 180days clearly
U haven’t been cheated Oga..... if u want full 10percent return, u invest for 360days... why do u think our evil politicians don’t pay salary or pension for more than a year sometimes...it’s to chop the full returns

enjoy ur money man ... no cheating here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Triplezero50(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
Onebase79:

Thanks for the info. Do you have any reliable contacts?

No, I'm sorry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
EMESCO:

Good morning all. I have a question!

The idea of not accepting gift deed in Saskatchewan PNP, is it applicable when a province goes to the EE pool to nominate a candidate?

Please may I ask u a question...I keep seeing this gift deed on this thread.. and I don’t know why everyone seems to be doing it. What la the advantage..is it some kinda way of circumventing problems or what.. please could u enlighten me comprehensively??
I’m asking for someone who sold a jewelry to raise his pof... and he’s waiting for 6months before submitting his application... I don’t want him to wait a whole 6months and realize there’s a problem again..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
temmarbaba:

Okay., Thanks.
I had my OND in elect/elect 2002-2005
And BSC in materials engineering 2006-2010
And have 6 yes experience as a mechanical maintenance engineer. How does that look pls?
Your own don better oooo, wow that’s a good profile. Just have both of them (ond & BSC) evaluated. Write your IELTS and dive into the pool after you have gotten the evaluation reports and IELTS result. Wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pxjosh(m): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Please may I ask u a question...I keep seeing this gift deed on this thread.. and I don’t know why everyone seems to be doing it.
This has been sitting pretty on page one with the title 'All about gift deed' https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59648352

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jamesbellu: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
Please who is this Ralph??

ladymarshall:
Escalate! Escalate! Escalate! grin Raise CSE asap. Email VO directly. Call agent some days later. Mail Ralph
If employer can give you payslips or cash salary certificate, the better. I am praying for you. All the best!

Ps. Cash salary certificate format here https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/395#77873960

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Please may I ask u a question...I keep seeing this gift deed on this thread..
I’m asking for someone who sold a jewelry to raise his pof... and he’s waiting for 6months before submitting his application... I don’t want him to wait a whole 6months and realize there’s a problem again..
tell him to apply . All he has to do is to provide evidence of ownership and sales of the gold
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by safex(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Titaness:
Hello everyone,

The letter that was sent to me bears Zenith Pension as my custodian. Then the discount rate is stated as 10% p.a. (but as I stated earlier, I was credited with less than 5%). Should the interest be calculated per annum? The duration of the TBill's 182 days. Are there circumstances that can make a person's interest that low? Someone who's knowledgeable in this should please give me the necessary information.

Bro/Sis, The discount rate of 10% is per annum so for 182 days would be half that rate which is 5%. TB is a low-risk security hence the meagre ROI. Just take solace in the fact that your money is kept somewhere and you have access to it anytime.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
pxjosh:
This has been sitting pretty on page one with the title 'All about gift deed' https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59648352

Thanks.. I just read what u have me and saw this at the bottom of the page: “Are there alternatives? Yes! You can get the money and put it into some fixed deposit investment, then present the FD.”
Does this mean he can go fix the cash from the sale for 180days and go ahead to upload FD immediately together with application submission...or still wait till after six months of fixing the funds before he can then upload /apply??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
Titaness:
Hello everyone,

I read here that TBills is profitable but I feel like I have been swindled. Decided to purchase TBills with POF instead of leaving the money in .

The part about the stop rate has already been answered.

TBills auctions are done fortnightly and that is the reason you had to wait for a week for the next auction.

Also, if you are doing TBills for the first time, you would be requiring a custodial service and this cost less than a thousand naira (#300 with Stanbic). It is a one-off!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2019
ednut1:
tell him to apply . All he has to do is to provide evidence of ownership and sales of the gold

Okay.... please don’t be angry I want to ask another question. How will this cover for 6months proof since he’s just sold it a week ago..

And he’s got like a babe they wanna do intro and registry stuff in a few weeks but because of additional funds required for POF I advised not to disclose that in his application..I’m paying for his ticket and sincerely I don’t have extra money for extra yansh ...moreover the babe is still in 400level so it’s not like she’s ready to fly now...Will it be a problem if he wants to bring her over to later... if yes how can one circumvent the problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Gift deed = You don’t have money and someone gifts you the required funds. You need a gift deed for this purpose. I believe there is a sample on page one.

As for your friend waiting 6 months. I’m not sure who started this rumor but nobody needs to leave money in their account for 6 months.
You can deposit the money into your account right before you submit your application.

People are letting ITAs pass them by due to this.
I can’t imagine wasting 6 months for a process that already takes an average of 6 months.

1StopRudeness:

Please may I ask u a question...I keep seeing this gift deed on this thread.. and I don’t know why everyone seems to be doing it. What la the advantage..is it some kinda way of circumventing problems or what.. please could u enlighten me comprehensively??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kiari: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Lmao Y'all should please stop making me laugh with your questions... You can Google it. grin grin

jamesbellu:
Please who is this Ralph??

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Okay.... please don’t be angry I want to ask another question. How will this cover for 6months Will it be a problem if he wants to bring her over to later... if yes how can one circumvent the problem?
tell your friend(which we know you are the one) to join nairaland. I dont know why you are fixated with this 6 months thing. I have told you what to do in my former post. Not mentioning you are married now is misrepresentation . When you tender the marriage cert it later in the future to bring her. Just know you have lost your pr and would come back to 9ja. Do your intro but dont marry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by intercedertee(f): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
Someone said here that it has been rectified
Esomimi:
Good morning all,

Please does anyone know if the Biometrics machine in Lagos is working now? Supposed to be there next week and I'm about to book my flight. Please help!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by akintunde63: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
Ogerich22:

Please what did you evaluate with ICES? I want to evaluate my diploma statement of result with them. How long does it take to evaluate with them? How much did it cost you to evaluate your own, I guess degree. Do they ask for waec or Neco because I am running away from those ones.

I'm so so sorry! It's bn a while I last checked ICES on NL. I evaluated an MBA. It took roughly 13 weeks, but now officially 20. Cost was CAD200. WAEC wasn't required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
ednut1:
tell your friend(which we know you are the one) to join nairaland. I dont know why you are fixated with this 6 months thing. I have told you what to do in my former post. Not mentioning you are married now is misrepresentation . When you tender the marriage cert it later in the future to bring her. Just know you have lost your pr and would come back to 9ja. Do your intro but dont marry

u don’t know me.....so no need for fallacy driven statements. it’s a faceless forum... there’s virtually no need of hiding..or proxy....if u have read some of my comments cos some people do just to investigate people not necessarily on this thread..u will decode I’m not a kid that will just be planning marriage in 2019....u don’t have an idea who my brother is either, dude has no face book, Twitter or Instagram account, it’s like his allergic to social media...and when he messes up.. he brings it all back on me....anyways, I appreciate your answer though.. thank you sir and God bless if u ain’t an atheist

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
Stencil:
Gift deed = You don’t have money and someone gifts you the required funds. You need a gift deed for this purpose. I believe there is a sample on page one.

As for your friend waiting 6 months. I’m not sure who started this rumor but nobody needs to wait 6 months to leave money in their account.
You can deposit the money into your account right before you submit your application.

People are letting ITAs pass them by due to this.
I can’t imagine wasting 6 months for a process that already takes an average of 6 months.

Gracias
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tolextonia: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2019
[quote author=possibility2020 post=80830039]
Please I also received LOI from ALberta yesterday. How were you able to download the letter.

Congrats on your Alberta ITA. Please what’s your NOC and crs score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hamddy: 1:34am On Aug 02, 2019
Greatlady234:

Thank you . Amen and amen

Hello @greatlady234 I was directed to your profile by mamajojo when I was asking about self employed. I'm so happy I found someone of similar situation. Please I need your assistance on how you went about it. I am yet to find the procedure on CIC, I've searched but still can't find any direct info.

Will appreciate your assistance. I sent you a PM will be grateful if you can respond.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2019
know:
@Topsmamen, @ladymarshal and other gurus...

We got a ADR requesting bank statements and payslips for the past one year. We used the webform link in the request letter to upload it. We later got a mail today that we should rather upload on our online accout with cic. We seem not to be able to find any place-holder on the accout where we can upload. Pls, can anyone help us to find our way round it.

Log into your profile, open your PR application, a space for you to upload the document ought to have been created. You can check each placeholder to confirm where exactly as the others would be locked. From your ADR, I'm thinking it's either work experience or proof of funds. Make sure you transmit after uploading.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jsjs: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Hello, I sent you a pm. Please check. Thanks.
Amandacanny:
No problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (693)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.