Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,732 members, 7,875,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1086708 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:14pm On May 28, 2019
Masekid:
It’s PPPPPPRRRRRRR guys...
GLORY, GLORY TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD...

I grudgingly woke up this morning, did all my morning routines and I was about to step out when something in me told me to check my mail and viola! PPR mail was sitting pretty in my inbox. I couldn’t believe it!!! I was numb for a micro second.

-AOR: Dec 12 2018
-PPR: May 28 2019, dated MAY 27. (5months, 2 weeks)
-VO: OTTAWA
I’ll be back with a more inspiring story. Heading to VFS baby!!

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:17pm On May 28, 2019
CheesyTee:
Please house, my place of birth on Intl Passport is different from my birth certificate. I do have birth certificate and I understand that should supersede.

And yes, I’ll be required to upload birth certificate under PNP (SINP requires uploading birth certificate).

My question is, is LOE sufficient or I’ll need sworn affidavit to correct the mistake?

To correct the mistake on Intl Passport, it will require going to Abuja.

Please, your response will be appreciated.

Cc @stencil @topsmamen

You can get a one and same person affidavit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:20pm On May 28, 2019
Ameeria:
Good morning elders, please does it matter if I use a noc with almost all the job description but the title which was stated as an exclusion matched. Eg, JD of 1211 match but they said excluding contact centre supervisor but my title was contact centre supervisor. Will that be a problem even with EOE explaining how titles work in the org?

As long as your JD matches well with your chosen NOC, then you're fine. Under 1211, I do not see contact centre supervisor listed as an exclusion though. Or is your example hypothetical?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 12:44pm On May 28, 2019
Thank you ��

Topsmamen:

You can get a one and same person affidavit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by happyme31: 12:48pm On May 28, 2019
CIC wetin Na?
Where the Draw

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 1:01pm On May 28, 2019
akosh005:

Pls like how much will it cost me in this stage of evaluation of result. Including couriers expenses for both waec and transcript from sch. Just a rough estimate. Thanks

1. WES is C$227
2. Transcript - I dont know about your school. Some schools would require you to pay for transcript, courier and verification.
3. WAEC is 25k-28k.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by prettyamebo: 1:09pm On May 28, 2019
akosh005:

Pls like how much will it cost me in this stage of evaluation of result. Including couriers expenses for both waec and transcript from sch. Just a rough estimate. Thanks

I really cant remember. I did all these in 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 28, 2019
happyme31:
CIC wetin Na?
Where the Draw
tomorw na

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 28, 2019
Ameeria:

Hello folks, please help with this o. I heard I could still edit before an ITA.
yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 28, 2019
Adunnee:

Money Market Fund. You earn your interest daily and you can liquidate at anytime with no penalty whatsoever.
0.5% charge if within 30 days
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Uzorm: 1:31pm On May 28, 2019
Thanks a lot

Avidreader748:

Hi, depends on what you want to achieve really.

Nacetem runs from Sept To August.

BCS has a shorter timeline. Do not know if registration has ended though. Heard results are usually ready by Dec.

Nacetem is on Technology Management.
BCS is a diploma in IT.

About centres, not sure about NACETEM but BCS could be done online of find a tutor around.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:37pm On May 28, 2019
Congratulations!!! Awaiting the full story grin

Masekid:

I grudgingly woke up this morning, did all my morning routines and I was about to step out when something in me told me to check my mail and viola! PPR mail was sitting pretty in my inbox. I couldn’t believe it!!! I was numb for a micro second.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:41pm On May 28, 2019
She said the school closed down last month and will be rounding up NYSC next month. I don't think corpers teach until the day of their *graduation*, (can't remember the correct term for that now grin), some get a month free before they collect the cert, I think.

ENGRAGHA2:
The school no longer exist and you will rounding up service soon? where is your PPA now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:50pm On May 28, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:51pm On May 28, 2019
You're welcome. Amen

It's why we are here wink

Yodexy:
@ stencil
@ ladymarshall
@ Richness1104

You guys are amazing, your readiness to help is puzzling. With the information you provided, I feel empowered. lol

You'll definitely be rewarded. I have no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by firpemi(f): 2:05pm On May 28, 2019
checklist
IELTS - checked LRWS- 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5 ( i am not the PA so i am free) though i expected 9.0 in reading.

WES also came through.

CRS score sitting at 457

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadahome: 2:06pm On May 28, 2019
@ladymarshall and others that used ICES.

My school just send my transcript via the official email but I noticed from the transcript and my SOR, there is no where it is stated if my degree was a full time or a part time.

Please should I be worried?

Secondly, I was admitted into the programme in 2012/2013. There was delay in thesis writing and defence, ASUU strike and all as a result the M.sc degree was awarded in march, 2019.

When filling out my degree details on ICES website, how do I handle the start and finished date which is close to 6 years now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:15pm On May 28, 2019
Damn!!! That VO is harsh sha. No ADR? No precedural fairness letter? sad I am so sorry to hear this. What are the further evidences you provided for reconsideration? I hope they are sufficient enough. NPC attestation? A sworn affidavit by your parents? Pictures of you both at childhood? Copy of the Nigerian law confirming that NPC attestation is a sufficient replacement, should in case you decide not to use the birth certificate due to the error? etc. Be patient, they might respond soon, and if they don't respond, remember they are not obligated to respond to closed cases, it's entirely at their discretion. Do you know your VO? Can you email the VO directly with the reconsideration plea and all the documents? That's the next most authoritative action to take after CSE.

2. Great that you have applied for fresh ITA. Yes it qualifies and will feature. It is refusal and your case is considered closed, except they decide to reopen it but you have little control over that.

3. You will have to redo only medicals. And PCC if you don't get ITA before 6 months expiration. Wait until you get ITA before you book medicals, or if you are very sure you'll get ITA the next draw, you can book now. I am more particular about the birth certificate issue. You have to write a very convincing LOE on why the VO should ignore the erroneous birth certificate in next visa decision and consider other documents instead. Because it will stick out when the new VO reviews your case. The only sufficient replacement for it is the NPC attestation and this is backed by law, I hope you have it, perhaps you can include that (should in case the current case is not reconsidered).

All the best you. I strongly believe you will testify soon and share your PPR success story.

P.S. Please for those of us pre-AOR, let's carefully package our documents completely. Do not assume ADR is a given. It is entirely left to the VO's discretion Apply as if you won't get ADR. And if in the middle of your waiting period post-AOR, you feel uncomfortable about any document and you're convinced you need to edit or change, do not assume an ADR will come, please proactively raise a CSE.

oluwabishop:
Good Morning all.
Some couple of questions, input needed from experienced views.

1- application refused 6 months post-AOR. Reason- 'failed to prove sibling relationship, hence lost points for the round of ITA at the time of draw'. No ADR was requested, hence no idea nor opportunity to rectify the misrepresentation. there was a clerical error in naming on sibling's birth cert, but every other documents had the appropriate representation of names. Took a month after the refusal letter(was out of state/town) to gather further evidences of sibling relationship, raised CSE, and sent email seeking for reconsideration. Been some days now but no feedback yet on any of these. Any suggestions on an alternative/efficient approach?

2- created a new profile and answered YES to the questions about - 'previous applications to IRCC', 'previously applied to EE', and provided the EE application number and UCI from the former/refused application. Does this qualify for the category of Schedule A/as having being denied visa before? will the refusal (letter) feature in completing the new application?

3- with the new profile and back in the pool awaiting draws/ITA, need to know which of the previously obtained 'requred documents' will still be admissible/valid for the 2nd application. Is there need to repeat any of these - WES, IELTS, PCC, Medicals, Biometrics, etc ?
concerned about medicals, if it has to be repeated, how advisable is it to seek an appointment even without having ITA yet? bearing in mind the length of waiting period for PPR, and the fact that one needs to Land in Canada before the medicals expires ?

looking forward to helpful reponses. Cheers Everyone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:22pm On May 28, 2019
Congrats

firpemi:
checklist
IELTS - checked LRWS- 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5 ( i am not the PA so i am free) though i expected 9.0 in reading.

WES also came through.

CRS score sitting at 457

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by akosh005: 2:28pm On May 28, 2019
COPR:

1. WES is C$227
2. Transcript - I dont know about your school. Some schools would require you to pay for transcript, courier and verification.
3. WAEC is 25k-28k.
Tanks. But will i have to go to WAEC office or how do the package go. And also when filling my details on WES website, about my mailing add, can i fill Canadian add since i have relative or it must be my Nigeria add.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by akosh005: 2:28pm On May 28, 2019
prettyamebo:

I really cant remember. I did all these in 2016
Tanks for the reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:33pm On May 28, 2019
3. You will have to redo only medicals. And PCC if you don't get ITA before[b] 6 months expiration[/b]. Wait until you get ITA before you book medicals, or if you are very sure you'll get ITA the next draw, you can book now. I am more particular about the birth certificate issue. You have to write a very convincing LOE on why the VO should ignore the erroneous birth certificate in next visa decision and consider other documents instead. Because it will stick out when the new VO reviews your case. The only sufficient replacement for it is the NPC attestation and this is backed by law, I hope you have it, perhaps you can include that (should in case the current case is not reconsidered).

[/quote]
Please I want to be clear on this pcc thingy. Did you say the validity of pcc is 6months cos I have 3month boldly written on my Nigerian pcc?kindly clarify this for me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hiiphy: 2:34pm On May 28, 2019
congratulations

a quick question please

did you spouse also verify her/his result to get ECA or you used only IELTS

someone told me ECA is required before i can use my husband IELTS scores

thank you
Masekid:

Short version Timeline:
-Decision to travel: Jan 2018
-Applied for passport (family of 3): April 2018
-WES registration : April 2018
-ECA REPORT: June 2018
-Received passports: July 2018
-1st IELTS BC: AUG 2018 LRSW 8, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)
Spouse’s IELTS: LRSW 8.5, 5, 7, 6.5
-2nd IELTS BC: SEPT 2018 LRSW 8.5, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)
-3rd IELTS IDP: OCT 2018 LRSW 9, 7.5, 8, 7
-CRS: 460
-ITA: Nov 18 2018
-AOR: Dec 12 2018
-BIL: Jan 22 2019
-Biometrics done: Jan 24 2019
-MEP: Jan 25 2019
-ADR: Feb 4 2019 (ADR Submitted the-same day)
-Ghost update FEB 4 2019: ADR NOT APPLICABLE (NA)
-Ghost update May 25 2019: IP2
-PPR: May 28 2019, dated MAY 27. ( 5months, 2 weeks)
VO: OTTAWA

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:35pm On May 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
Damn!!! That VO is harsh sha. No ADR? No precedural fairness letter? sad I am so sorry to hear this. What are the further evidences you provided for reconsideration? I hope they are sufficient enough. NPC attestation? A sworn affidavit by your parents? Pictures of you both at childhood? Copy of the Nigerian law confirming that NPC attestation is a sufficient replacement, should in case you decide not to use the birth certificate due to the error? etc. Be patient, they might respond soon, and if they don't respond, remember they are not obligated to respond to closed cases, it's entirely at their discretion. Do you know your VO? Can you email the VO directly with the reconsideration plea and all the documents? That's the next most authoritative action to take after CSE.

2. Great that you have applied for fresh ITA. Yes it qualifies and will feature. It is refusal and your case is considered closed, except they decide to reopen it but you have little control over that.

3. You will have to redo only medicals. And PCC if you don't get ITA before 6 months expiration. Wait until you get ITA before you book medicals, or if you are very sure you'll get ITA the next draw, you can book now. I am more particular about the birth certificate issue. You have to write a very convincing LOE on why the VO should ignore the erroneous birth certificate in next visa decision and consider other documents instead. Because it will stick out when the new VO reviews your case. The only sufficient replacement for it is the NPC attestation and this is backed by law, I hope you have it, perhaps you can include that (should in case the current case is not reconsidered).

All the best you. I strongly believe you will testify soon and share your PPR success story.

P.S. Please for those of us pre-AOR, let's carefully package our documents completely. Do not assume ADR is a given. It is entirely left to the VO's discretion Apply as if you won't get ADR. And if in the middle of your waiting period post-AOR, you feel uncomfortable about any document and you're convinced you need to edit or change, do not assume an ADR will come, please proactively raise a CSE.

Please I want to be clear on this pcc thingy. Did you say the validity of pcc is 6months cos I have 3month boldly written on my Nigerian pcc?kindly clarify this for me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sen2paco: 2:38pm On May 28, 2019
tomorrow i guess. Keep the faith alive!

happyme31:
CIC wetin Na?
Where the Draw

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 2:40pm On May 28, 2019
beges:

It is valid for 6 months although it's stated as 3 months on the PCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:41pm On May 28, 2019
Part time or full time does not matter. No worries

There is no other way to handle it. The evidence is documented. Start date 2013/2014, end date March 2019.

During your application post-ITA, you might want to attach an LOE to your personal history section explaining the long study period, because CIC knows Nigerian masters in 1 or 2 years as that might stick out in the VO's mind.

Canadahome:
@ladymarshall and others that used ICES.

My school just send my transcript via the official email but I noticed from the transcript and my SOR, there is no where it is stated if my degree was a full time or a part time.

Please should I be worried?

Secondly, I was admitted into the programme in 2012/2013. There was delay in thesis writing and defence, ASUU strike and all as a result the M.sc degree was awarded in march, 2019.

When filling out my degree details on ICES website, how do I handle the start and finished date which is close to 6 years now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by edebra0406: 2:43pm On May 28, 2019
I just got my WES evalutation and its not what i expected. I have a university degree and i am also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigerian(ICAN). The summary of the evaluation from WES is 4 years Bachelor degree. Please i need help, what should i do next? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:43pm On May 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

It is valid for 6 months although it's stated as 3 months on the PCC.
Thanks for clarifying this for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Fidesa: 2:52pm On May 28, 2019
edebra0406:
I just got my WES evalutation and its not what i expected. I have a university degree and i am also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigerian(ICAN). The summary of the evaluation from WES is 4 years Bachelor degree. Please i need help, what should i do next? Thanks.

Did you do the ATS exams?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:54pm On May 28, 2019
ICAN is not recognized by WES. Try ATS or ACCA or CIPM, read more here https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=ats+express+entry&search=Search

edebra0406:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadahome: 3:10pm On May 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
Part time or full time does not matter. No worries

There is no other way to handle it. The evidence is documented. Start date 2013/2014, end date March 2019.

During your application post-ITA, you might want to attach an LOE to your personal history section explaining the long study period, because CIC knows Nigerian masters in 1 or 2 years as that might stick out in the VO's mind.

Thank You so much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (693)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.