Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,702 members, 7,948,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty (291 Views)

House Of Reps Members React To World Health Organization's Statistics That 3 Out / 45 Plus Ultimate SEO Statistics That Will Increase Your Business In 2021 / COVID19 - Let's Take The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty by laughplanet: 8:58pm On May 14, 2019
Following the statement made by President Buhari while Breaking his Fasting. I now understand why Nigeria need to step up their efforts in fight poverty.

The president said that he is UPSET about the level of poverty in the country.

But what is Poverty itself ? The common understanding of poverty by majority of people is your inability to provide basic needs for survival such as Food,Water,Shelter etc

But have a look at this ,the World Bank updated the international poverty line to $1.90 a day. The new figure of $1.90 is based on ICP purchasing power parity (PPP) calculations and represents the international equivalent of what $1.90 could buy in the US

$1.90 is Approximately#700, Which means that if you spend below #700 a day,it means you're living below the poverty line and above #700 a day it means that you are a rich man.
According to this statistics,Are you POOR Man OR a RICH Man? comments below let hear you
Re: The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty by youngest85(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2019
My brother, I'm a poor man o
I spend #600 daily
Which is even too much for me

1 Like

Re: The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 14, 2019
I spend above that but I consider myself poor

1 Like

Re: The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty by Harrymig1(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2019
May Good deliver us

1 Like

Re: The Statistics That Shows That Majority Of NIGERIA Are Living In Poverty by RoyalBlu(f): 9:31pm On May 14, 2019
I didn't know I am this wealthy o cheesy

Father Lord thank you o. May your provisions fall on all those who are in need. Amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fans Mock Manutd New Leaked Away Kit - See Funny Reaction From Fans / Shoparena No1. Africa's Growing Market Hub. / The Secrets Of Our Success As Top Events Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.