Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,642 members, 7,979,182 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:31 PM

A'ibom Speaker Gets Royal Blessings As He Winds Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A'ibom Speaker Gets Royal Blessings As He Winds Down (476 Views)

Edo Assembly Elects Agbebaku As Speaker, Gets Female Deputy (photos) / The Mother Of All Queues In Russia as McDonalds resturant winds down operations / 546 Bills Pending At NASS As 8th Assembly Winds Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A'ibom Speaker Gets Royal Blessings As He Winds Down by AlhajiUmani(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2019
A'IBOM SPEAKER GETS ROYAL BLESSINGS AS HE WINDS DOWN

Mfonobong Ukpong

Traditional fathers from Ibiono Ibom Local Government Area have poured royal blessings on the Speaker of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Barr. Onofiok Luke for his visible support to the Udom Emmanuel administration and his contributions to the development of Akwa Ibom State during his tenure as Speaker.

The royal fathers, led by the Paramount Ruler of Ibiono Ibom, Okuku Dr. Udo Usoro Inyang, were in the Assembly complex, Wednesday, where they officially congratulated Barr. Luke on his election into the National Assembly as Member-elect for Etinan Federal Constituency.

Speaking on behalf of the royal fathers, Dr. Udo Usoro Inyang said "My grandson, two things brought us here; Ibiono Ibom is excited over your sterling performance in the House of Assembly. You have impressed us and the state as a whole. God in his amazing grace, made it possible for you to emerge victorious in the House of Representatives election. The people of Ibiono Ibom asked us to tell you congratulations. We pray that wherever you go, success, favour and God's abiding presence will continue to follow you".

Speaking further, the traditional father noted that the Speaker has made them proud as the number three man in the state.

Dr Inyang took time to specially pray for the Speaker: “You have not disappointed us. We came to congratulate you. As your grand-parents in Ibiono-Ibom, we say what ever you lay your hands to do, may you see see exploits and may you prosper. You'll be elevated in the Green Chamber. May God shower his blessings on you in Jesus name".

Speaker Onofiok Luke was referred to as grandson by the royal fathers as his mother is from the local government area.

The royal fathers used the opportunity to table a passionate plea to the government, requesting for the recognition of some omitted villages and the creation of some more clans in Ibiono Ibom.

Reacting, Speaker Luke who expressed excitement in the visit, thanked the royal fathers for the prayers, saying their good wishes were like a shield to him. He pledged never to disappoint his constituents and Akwa Ibom as a whole when he resumes at the National Assembly.

"I am excited this morning by what I've seen today. For the Paramount Ruler to lead such a delegation of royal fathers from Ibiono Ibom where my mother hails from to pay me a visit here in the House of Assembly is something I will never forget.

The Speaker appreciated the Paramount Ruler of Ibiono and Members of the Traditional Rulers Council in the area for the role they played in mobilizing their subjects within their domains to ensure the victory of Governor Udom Emmanuel and the People’s Democratic Party at the polls. He assured that he will table their demands before the governor whom he described as a promise keeper.

"The votes you mobilized from your units, and villages contributed to the victory of Governor Udom Emmanuel. But even more, you have ensured peace and tranquility in your villages. So I want to thank you for the peace that the people are enjoying in your villages".

Present during the courtesy call include, the representative of Ibiono-Ibom State Constituency, Rt. Hon. Barr. Ime Okon, Member representing Esit-Eket/Ibeno State Constituency, Rt. Hon. Usoro Akpanusoh, Etteidung Unwana Ekwo, Elder. Dr. Okon Antia, Obong Dr. Isaac Onos, Obong Jospeh J. Akpan, Etteidung Isang Okon Umoh and Etteidung Michael Charles Umanah.
Others are, Etteidung Michael Ekong, Obong Dr. Daniel Okon Essien, and Etteidung Emmanuel Akra among others.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Leadership: Lawan, Ndume In Last Minutes Lobby For Support / Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP / BREAKING: APC National Working Committee Adopts Omo-agege For Deputy Senate Pres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.