Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,779 members, 7,952,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites (51922 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) / Ikeja Bus Terminal That Was Commissioned Has Not Been Completed. See Why (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by olril17(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2019
plaindealer:

Federal Housing estate almost completed and Ojutu Bridge in Ilobu Osun, almost completed
hahahaaa.
must have been another osun...
and you avoided my earlier posts...state of our federal roads abi osun no dey SE ni?
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by olril17(m): 10:27pm On May 16, 2019
plaindealer:

Reconstruction/Rehabilitation of Gbongan-Iwo-Oyo road in Osun/Oyo States

- Originally awarded in 2011, with 18-month completion period.

- Abandoned around 2014.

- Contractor mobilised back to the site in 2017.
you are a shameless liar...u can only deceive those who are not here in osun...asslickerrr
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Barbilius: 10:45pm On May 16, 2019
plaindealer:

Federal Housing estate almost completed and Ojutu Bridge in Ilobu Osun, almost completed
Do you have any pictures of Oyo-Ogbomoso Road?
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Barbilius: 10:50pm On May 16, 2019
plaindealer:

Reconstruction/Rehabilitation of Gbongan-Iwo-Oyo road in Osun/Oyo States

- Originally awarded in 2011, with 18-month completion period.

- Abandoned around 2014.

- Contractor mobilised back to the site in 2017.
Do you have any pictures of Oyo - Ogbomoso Road
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Charly68: 11:26pm On May 16, 2019
Ameachi did Wayo for us before the election. Why test driving what they have not finished?
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by willibounce1(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2019
Omo Chinese people go don cash out massively on this projects ooo
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by rhektor(m): 3:01am On May 17, 2019
tyup:

Ion knw if ur lying on the rest but

korodu to Sagamu where did you see it done undecided

Lagos to ibadan road is just 40% complete for over 5years.

You can be a mediocre but for we in Ibadan we want nothing but the best and total completion

He is lying, Lagos Ọ̀tá Abẹ́òkúta express road is in shambles, Julius Berger seems to be using that road for test as they've been doing about 1 km for the past 8 months. You can't drive 10 meters on that road without about 5 potholes and at least a ditch. What won't we ask from PMB?
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by rexesq(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2019
Until we get to this stage. We are only but joking with our future.

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by rexesq(m): 5:29am On May 17, 2019
rexesq:

I am sure they travel out. It is vexatious seeing them give such meager standard and get hailed.

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by rusher14: 6:12am On May 17, 2019
rexesq:

I am sure they travel out. It is vexatious seeing them give such meager standard and get hailed.

So everywhere in that country has exactly this look abi?
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Hoogee(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2019
The minister is really passionate about the project, and he his putting a lot of pressure on CCECC, the heat is getting to CRCC which get to all subcontractors and workers on section iv (omi Adio - moniya) where i am, am a nairalader and one of the youngest subcontractors on section iv. I can boldly say TEAM which is the Nigeria consulting firm for the project is doing a fantastic job in ensuring the project is well carried out in compliance with the design and BOQ.
The project will have move faster than this if we have a system that works like that of the Chinese where u can walk to any bank as a contractor and get loan 2-3% within days.
Man power has been doubled by all contractors because the rain is here, laying of track is already at DK 122, DK 137 already receiving Suballast,final grading at DK 145, trapezium drain completed at Dk148, Herrinborn ongoing at DK 137,144,145,148. trapezium drain ongoing at DK 150 day and night. Retainer completed up to Dk 150,DK 151 to start this morning,DK 153 bridge ongoing concurrently with DK 157, work ongoing on all b underpass. Ologuneru sub station has commenced.
I come to site on Sundays after services and i do night occasionally,working on this project is a privilege,it's an avenue to learn,opportunity to contribute my qoute to the development of my country by constructing according to the drawing and specification and we are doing a fantastic job.
Am working on DK 145 Herrinborn interception frame presently, you can come and have a veiw of what we are doing.It's a 3km from where the bridge is been constructed after ologuneru,take a right on the service lane at km 142, if you must come on a rainy day come with a hilux or a 4wd vehicle. Anxiously waiting for the commencement of ibadan-kano, lagos coastal line.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Fredbetwall: 7:22am On May 17, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]see below

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by ceaser: 7:31am On May 17, 2019
Deathisfree:
Slavery never stop. Blacks doing the hard labours

In order of arrest:
* ABS (Saraki) - That dude still dey do damage beyond what he did in Kwara. He has destroyed so many lives since his days as GM savannah bank.
* Atiku - He has apparently shown he disregards the interest of majority of Nigerians through his barefaced purchase of loyalty against Nigerians. Bribed his way to be elected flagbearer, confirming his former boss' (OBJ) insinuations.
* Tinubu - Ah, diswan eh? I want his purported aspirations to contest presidency come 2023 to become a mirage. I know he has the financial prowess to buy and bribe his way through just like Atiku did and is trying to consolidate, and this will not to the best interest of Nigerians as his dream is not to actually serve thru that position, but to be the president before his death (same as Atiku's aspiration). He is gonna do himself so much good remaining in that niche of kingmaker he has carved for himself cos give it to him, he seems to always have good eyes for good performers. But as president, Mbanu!
* OBJ - That one is closer to his grave than he thinks. So as it apparently is that he is untouchable being an ex-president and all that shitshyte, I will suggest that ALL he ever acquired in his life should upon his demise, be converted into state property while the monies he has should be channelled into social intervention programmes for the poor (similar to but not like Abacha's loot being made Trader Moni)
* Ibori - This dude has gone quiescent in recent times, but that does not quieten the woes of the youths and people of Delta state that he looted their future. He should pay somehow. Now you may say that why cry more than the bereaved (Delta state indigenes)? Truth is that the psyche of the average Nigerian has been so distorted and bastardized by these useless politicians that Stockholm syndrome has become the order of the day and it's gonna take sustained punishment and prosecution of their captors for a very long time to reset to normal the perception of the captives.
* Amaechi - That one is inherently evil, indeed most politicians are inherently wicked but strong institutions and an "un-enabling" environment like the portfolio he currently occupies gives him no choice but to perform and deliver or risk being fed to Wicked Wike his rival. So I will safely assume that his present caged position is enough toture for him. After he has rightly delivered as a minister, making sure he has no opportunity to loot during this period, he can then be left off to lick his wounds and probably be vulnerable prey to River's state indegenes.
* I think Dino should be in that picture and he definitely will come before PMB.
* As for PMB own, Well we can only be so sure of his real claims when he retires back to his village, just like the mess of GEJ was bared for all to see. But before then, I hope the stupid senate and lawmakers will be sensible enough to remove every form of immunity post retirement for themselves and every public officer for that matter so that they can be prosecuted like Modi of Egypt if any crime as little as perjury is linked to 'em.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by ceaser: 7:38am On May 17, 2019
willibounce1:
Omo Chinese people go don cash out massively on this projects ooo

They cashed out but delivered, perhaps below par.

That is eons better and preferable than the stupid politicians that have over the years "cashed out but failed to deliver", their disgusting attitude putting us in this ugly China deal in the first place.
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by ceaser: 7:41am On May 17, 2019
rexesq:

I don't think 3 years is sufficient to get to this stage you suggest. The owners of that place shown in the picture actually attained that stage after DECADES of SUSTAINED CONSTRUCTION of those. They didn't "cash out" and left jobs undone.
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by ceaser: 7:44am On May 17, 2019
Hoogee:
The minister is really passionate about the project, and he his putting a lot of pressure on CCECC, the heat is getting to CRCC which get to all subcontractors and workers on section iv (omi Adio - moniya) where i am, am a nairalader and one of the youngest subcontractors on section iv. I can boldly say TEAM which is the Nigeria consulting firm for the project is doing a fantastic job in ensuring the project is well carried out in compliance with the design and BOQ.
The project will have move faster than this if we have a system that works like that of the Chinese where u can walk to any bank as a contractor and get loan 2-3% within days.
Man power has been doubled by all contractors because the rain is here, laying of track is already at DK 122, DK 137 already receiving Suballast,final grading at DK 145, trapezium drain completed at Dk148, Herrinborn ongoing at DK 137,144,145,148. trapezium drain ongoing at DK 150 day and night. Retainer completed up to Dk 150,DK 151 to start this morning,DK 153 bridge ongoing concurrently with DK 157, work ongoing on all b underpass. Ologuneru sub station has commenced.
I come to site on Sundays after services and i do night occasionally,working on this project is a privilege,it's an avenue to learn,opportunity to contribute my qoute to the development of my country by constructing according to the drawing and specification and we are doing a fantastic job.
Am working on DK 145 Herrinborn interception frame presently, you can come and have a veiw of what we are doing.It's a 3km from where the bridge is been constructed after ologuneru,take a right on the service lane at km 142, if you must come on a rainy day come with a hilux or a 4wd vehicle. Anxiously waiting for the commencement of ibadan-kano, lagos coastal line.

Thank you brotherly. God bless you yanfuyanfu and your country is proud of you.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Jaideyone(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2019
tyup:

Ion knw if ur lying on the rest but

korodu to Sagamu where did you see it done undecided

Lagos to ibadan road is just 40% complete for over 5years.

You can be a mediocre but for we in Ibadan we want nothing but the best and total completion
Lagos Ibadan at 40%? something tells me you've not used the road in a year
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by godox2(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2019
plaindealer:
In my lifetime, Nigeria started and completed a major railway line in less than 3 years.

Progress..

The project commenced June 2017. It will be 2 years next month not even 3 years. Though a percentage of the material has been procured by the past administration.
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Ovamboland(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2019
blackslayer:

this is the mind set i love! good on you...people that demand the best usually do their best also, generally speaking!

Mindset that took them back to those that only acheived less than 5% in 16 years because 40% in 5 years is too slow.
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
I am developing a micro estate in Omi Adio that site directly opposite the rail line and a quarter mile form the OA station. I am privileged to watch this rail line being built. I am onsite 10AM to 6PM Monday to Saturday and they are always working. They are also working furiously on the occasional Sunday that I visit my site.

I have many drone videos and pictures and will share just a few pictures due to network. If you are anywhere near these constructions please consider going to visit and see how an international project is being managed.

This is happening.

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 18, 2019
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Ovamboland(m): 1:21pm On May 18, 2019
rexesq:

Go and find out the revenue available to those countries and their population and come back to tell us expecting advanced infrasructure all over Nigeria now is reasonable
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Ovamboland(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2019
Hoogee:

Thumbs up to you and i really envy you, i am also an engineer with several years of practice in another sector. I wish this type of project was ongoing when we were starting out as fresh engineers in 2000. This project would have been one of my first chioce to be part of.

Ignore all those people complaining of the speed of work, aesthetics, % completion disputes and focus most on the value to yourself in learning new things. They will soon depend on the rail they so much criticized and spoke against when completed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.