Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,075 members, 7,890,552 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada (11680 Views)

"Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / My Sad And Funny Lagos Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Amuocha: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
But where is Justwise sef undecided
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Samuelpluto: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2019
Nigerians are always funny, how did u expect to raise thousand of dollars in another man's land to pay school fees when they aint sharing money on the street. If u ve got no definite cluebon how to channel ur life in another man land. stay for ur country biko.
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by ednut1(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2019
This dude is nothing but a sadist i have blocked his channel. No one forced u to go there and u saw the fees and living expenses required before applying. U were granted visa because u showed proof of funds. So where d fund na

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by frankoben(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Life is even worse in Nigeria
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by CanadianNaija: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
But showing ability to pay for your studies is one of the requirements do student visa, so what happened to all the millions shown?

People will be doing themselves thinking they are tricking Canada, now who is depressed?
Or he thought once he lands there’ll be money on the roads. Mstheewwwww!

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by KGBEAST(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Nigerians are hypocrites. When they are showing tens of millions of naira in the account to apply for the visa.

That is why the rejection rate is so high to the extent that the Canada visa process of study permit in Nigeria is very uncertain . US, new Zealand, UK ,Ireland and Australia schools are more expensive than Canada .

Look for cheaper schools in Canada to apply to and go to free tuition schools in Europe.

When Canada denied me, I just shift my attention to scadinavians. The visa and admission are very easier compare to Canada, life is also more relax there.

This depression is getting too much for international students from Africa.

My God help us.
Pls list European countries that are tuition free for masters and their migration policy (as per do they grant post study visa)
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by MightyFortress: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
follow
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by blackorange: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
ednut1:
This dude is nothing but a sadist i have blocked his channel. No one forced u to go there and u saw the fees and living expenses required before applying. U were granted visa because u showed proof of funds. So where d fund na

The funds dey MMM akant cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Babyvet: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
SIRTee15:

The reality is the gap in socioeconomic status btw developed n emerging economies has narrowed recently.....
Therefore, the euphoria of living abroad has lost the fantasy n taste it formerly enjoyed....
Nowadays u can choose to live in naija n still enjoy the life n comfort any developed country has to offer, so long u making good money....
It's very much possible for someone who grew up in a middle class family in naija to regret relocating abroad if the new country doesn't meet his/her expectation....
It's also possible for your standard of living to drop if u end up working low income job overseas....
People relocating should really sit down n know exactly what to expect, b4 embarking on the journey lest it turn to regret.....

The days of travelling out just because u want to elevate your social status is gone.....
Travelling abroad needs careful n structured planning if u have to succeed....

The situation wasn't much different in the 90s for african migrants.....
It wasn't like they had it easier or climbed the economy ladder faster....
but the quality of life n standard of living btw developed n 3rd world countries was just too wide n non-comparable in any way, that returning home was never an option for those migrants....
Rather they accepted their fate n worked hard, so their kids can benefit from their sacrifice....
And for most, it did pay off.....

Most recent migrants already have bread, butter, tea n egg for breakfast.....
they just hoping by travelling out, they could get some mushroom, toast, n bacon to make a complete breakfast....
When it turns out that the ones they fomerly enjoy is taken off the table....
Their case becomes like that of the op.....

Also immigration rules are getting tighter
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by ednut1(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2019
blackorange:

The funds dey MMM akant cheesy
my neighbor left uk after her 1st year in uni as the thing no easy again money wise due to buhari. She use the result do direct entry in a private school here. That guy should do same instead of moaning like mumu
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2019
ednut1:
my neighbor left uk after her 1st year in uni as the thing no easy again money wise due to buhari. She use the result do direct entry in a private school here. That guy should do same instead of moaning like mumu
That's too harsh man.
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by blackorange: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
ednut1:

It is not oh. Things have changed. The rise of the Asian tigers plus China is sucking out money plus jobs from developed countries. That's why Trump is shouting grin lol.

The only way to 'enjoy' abroad if you are not from a rich family now is to go to free tuition countries and study or get PR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Folaliving: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
Interesting, i had a totally different experience as a student in Canada. I personally believe that opportunities about when you look for it. I have a video talking about this and you can check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu5v5EpTCRk

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by DrCollins218: 6:37am On Jul 05, 2019
SIRTee15:

The reality is the gap in socioeconomic status btw developed n emerging economies has narrowed recently.....
Therefore, the euphoria of living abroad has lost the fantasy n taste it formerly enjoyed....
Nowadays u can choose to live in naija n still enjoy the life n comfort any developed country has to offer, so long u making good money....
It's very much possible for someone who grew up in a middle class family in naija to regret relocating abroad if the new country doesn't meet his/her expectation....
It's also possible for your standard of living to drop if u end up working low income job overseas....
People relocating should really sit down n know exactly what to expect, b4 embarking on the journey lest it turn to regret.....

The days of travelling out just because u want to elevate your social status is gone.....
Travelling abroad needs careful n structured planning if u have to succeed....

The situation wasn't much different in the 90s for african migrants.....
It wasn't like they had it easier or climbed the economy ladder faster....
but the quality of life n standard of living btw developed n 3rd world countries was just too wide n non-comparable in any way, that returning home was never an option for those migrants....
Rather they accepted their fate n worked hard, so their kids can benefit from their sacrifice....
And for most, it did pay off.....

Most recent migrants already have bread, butter, tea n egg for breakfast.....
they just hoping by travelling out, they could get some mushroom, toast, n bacon to make a complete breakfast....
When it turns out that the ones they fomerly enjoy is taken off the table....
Their case becomes like that of the op.....

You are not making sense Mr, what was the exchange rate between the naira and dollar in the 80s and 90s ??
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Ugosample(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2019
DrCollins218:

You are not making sense Mr, what was the exchange rate between the naira and dollar in the 80s and 90s ??

not ti mention that the poverty rates are much worse in many African countries today than they were sometime back.

it's only a thin section of the society that improved their standard of living

for the vast majority
their lives are worse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Crushed To Death In Anambra Road Crash / Commercial Operations Begin On Lagos-ibadan Railway In September –NRC / Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.