Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,514 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:59 PM

2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb (731 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by MRMoneyE(m): 1:34am On Sep 24, 2010
[b]2011 polls, not do-or-die – IBB
From AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna
Friday, September 24, 2010

•IBB
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Former Military President and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2011 elections, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said the 2011 election will not be a do-or-die affair for him, saying win or lose, life continues.

Babangida spoke in Minna , Niger State on Thursday when a group, “Nigerians in Diaspora (North America and Europe)” visited him at his Uphill mansion to express their support for his presidential ambition. He pointed out that he has a conviction and would play politics of conviction.

“Win or lose, life will continue but I have a conviction and will go into the election with that conviction. I will play politics of conviction.”
The former leader said he expressed the hope that the election would be free, fair and transparent where according to him, each and every vote will count and above all, free from intimidation.

Babangida told the group which was led by one-time Minister of Information, Chief Alex Akinyele that his decision to seek a come back was borne out of his desire to take the country out of its present development challenges, stressing that the time to make genuine contributions to the development of this country is now. “It is now time to make a genuine sacrifice for this country. The time to lay a solid foundation is now for the sake of children of tomorrow because I will not be there in the next 50 years.”

He assured the delegation that he will provide the needed leadership where the young ones will be given the opportunity to make contributions saying, “At the age of 27, I fought for the unity of this country. I have a passion for the country and its development.” He urged Nigerians in the diaspora to believe in the country, according to him, 50 years in the life of the country is nothing because “this is a country that will exist for a thousand years to come.”

He assured them that if elected President in 2011, he would make sure that people’s votes count, stressing that “you can vote and be voted for like it obtains in other countries of the world”. Earlier, the Chairman of Nigerians in Diaspora for IBB 2011, Suleiman Balogun told Babangida that the style of his leadership has been acknowledged by Nigerians in diaspora with a strong belief that his wealth of experience would definitely be needed to move the nation forward again.
The chairman pointed out that Nigerians at home and abroad will never fail to appreciate his eight-years regime which he said was characterized by policy initiatives and fiscal measures as against lip-service most leaders thereafter, had paid to the development of this country.

“It is on record that you achieved a lot in many areas where others had failed. You created 11 more states, brought the government closer to the people by creating about 200 local government areas, reduced road accidents by creating the Federal Road Safety Commission, introduced the civil service reform, the establishment of National Women Commission which is now Ministry of Women Affairs among others”.

Balogun disclosed that as a group that believes so much in the IBB vision, it has privately embarked on several meaningful projects within and outside the country aimed at actualizing the IBB 2011, and these include the creation of an IBB website to project his image and awareness programmes to sensitize the public.
[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/sept/24/national-24-09-2010-002.htm

Re: 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by MRMoneyE(m): 1:41am On Sep 24, 2010
[size=14pt]ITS HIGH TIME IBB GOT THE  MESSAGE THAT HE IS NOT WANTED,
NEEDED AND CHERISHED BY NIGERIANS, IT SHOULD NOT
BE A DO OR DIE AFFAIRS WHEN THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO RULE DO NOT WANT YOU,
SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO DO OR DIE FOR THEM[/size]

Re: 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by MRMoneyE(m): 6:46am On Sep 24, 2010
[size=14pt]DONT DIE FOR THEM FOR THEY NEED YOU NOT[/size] IBB grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2010
^^

IBB the selfish & childish 69 year old failure, grow up!

Stop behaving like someone with the messiah complex, Nigeria has moved way beyond where you left us high & dry, 17 years ago.

Just try & enjoy your retirement!
Re: 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
The worst thing that will happen to this country is another Babangida presidency. I almost had hypertension when I read in the papers, that IBB has declared to run for President. What Babangida needs this time around is open confrontation. We must give this man a serious fight in the street. Babangida will not be my candidate either. He killed Nigeria Airways; he killed the railway; he institutionalized corruption; he took us through an endless transition programme. Did he say he wants to do one term only? Only God knows what kind of slavery IBB wants to put Nigeria, but the almighty God will save us from his evil plans. What gives him the audacity to seek to rule this nation again despite the atrocities he committed against God and Nigerians? We need not worry about his gamble because God Himself will stop him He is a shameless man. What makes him think we will prefer him to Jonathan? He has nothing to offer. Let it be known that IBB will never, mark my word, never again in his lifetime rule this country. Tell IBB to leave us alone; we are tired of his empty promise. If he wants to rule this country again, let him show us where he kept our oil money. T He can’t be my president too. For my friends, and me he cannot be our candidate. But the media are not helping matters as AIT has been sold to the same man we are talking about.

Over a period of eight years in our lives, the railway died; power collapsed; Nigeria Airways, the shipping line were killed. Telephones died. We never won a single sporting laurel. The abnormal became normal. We need more of this awareness campaign to those blind Nigerians opting for IBB. God will defend this nation. Babangida has no shame at all. IBB is not fit to be a councilor, much less president. IBB is not fit to be my own president. IBB should be allowed to run for his state first so as to test his reformed programmes. If they are workable he could be voted for as president in 2015.
For most of us who grew up in the 80s, he denied us the opportunity of enjoying. He killed the middle class; he made us stop cooking with gas only to turn to sawdust as cooking fuel. He killed love; our girls became money conscious and our men became predators. My ilk and me will fight IBB with our meager resources.
He is only fooling himself and we will do everything possible to stop him. He should go to the forest and rule animals not Nigerians because he cannot be my president. He is not fit to be my president. Let’s join hands and fight the evil genius by all means. By the grace of God, he will not contest the primary not to talk of the election. A liar is always a liar. Enough of evil men like him in leadership. I will prefer to draw my last breath if IBB wins. He has nothing good to offer Nigerians.
I
t is only in Nigeria that IBB can still have the guts to insult us with his evil presidential ambition after his inglorious rule as head of state. We will shame him at the polls. It pains me to see a character like IBB seeking to be my president; hence I decided to be involved in 2011. I had to ask questions whether as a nation we have so sinned before God that He would afflict us with plague - IBB. IBB is a hard sell. No matter how good his spin-doctors are, we cannot be fooled. His eight years in office were a disaster for Nigeria and Nigerians. Another chance for him will absolutely end in worse disaster.
IBB is a bad product and only fools will buy it…. Giwa and Gloria Okon’s blood will fight back. IBB will bite the dust. Also, Vatsa is waiting and my friends who died in the Ejigbo plane crash are awake. We will tell the world of IBB’s atrocities.  IBB, hands half raised, crooked smile; Jonathan, warm smile, arms in the air. Sincerity versus insincerity. Will you buy a used television set from IBB? I will not. How come you cannot meet another Nigerian called Badamasi?
Re: 2011 Polls, Not Do-or-die Affair– Ibb by tpiar: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Aba Security / Breaking News: Cecilia Ibru gets six months in jail / The Monster In Our Electoral System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.