Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) (68092 Views)

Collapsed Alayi - Ezeukwu Road And Bridge Built By Senator Uzor Kalu In 2024 / Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Photos Of Ore Flyover Bridge In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by gift01: 6:24pm On May 17, 2019
We in the Mile 2-Badagry axis will pray never to have a Councillor as worse as Ambode. He totally neglected us. Speak only if you have experienced what we experience daily. Ambode pack and go

2 Likes

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Encapsulate: 6:24pm On May 17, 2019
We developed Lagos,we developed Dubai, we develop India, Johannesburg, Cairo. Very soon England will be included.

.....awon developers....mo ki yin ooo cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by oluwaahmed: 6:34pm On May 17, 2019
contigiency:
He has tried. but When I look back and discovered that Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has since last year completed three flyovers each of them bigger than what I am seeing here, I say Ambode could have done better considering the meager resources of Ebonyi state when compared to that of Lagos.

The guy is just a mediocre and that's why his arse was booted out of office. Its just now that he is patching roads all around Lagos let it not seem like he didn't do nothing. His predecessors all out did him in their first tenure from jakande to tinubu then fashola. Such a waste of 4 years governance.
Meanwhile there are still many flyovers yet to be completed o, like the one in pen cinema, in fact the whole agege doesnt even look like lagos. He should carry his fat head to mercy aigbe's house jor

4 Likes

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by simplesearch: 6:55pm On May 17, 2019
seunoj:

This cannot be overruled.

My displeasure with him is the fact the he embarked on to many heavy project at the sametime. A proper plan could have made the projects more impactful and not rushing to commission incomplete projects

Na person wey select am reject am. He shud not have the feeling of entitlement. Imagine sanwoolu abandons all his project to start fresh ones the way he did to fash!
The pple are usually at the receiving end.

I don't want to discuss the resource in Lagos viz a viz performance of Governor's since 1999. It's below standard

which of Fashola project did he abandon?
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Meliaen(f): 7:14pm On May 17, 2019
Well done Ambode.
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by ngadaAwo: 7:18pm On May 17, 2019
[s]
Meliaen:
Well done Ambode.
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by tiredoflife(m): 7:20pm On May 17, 2019
AntiWailer:
Which of his predecessors did he out perform ?

Are you posting from Akure ?

Every Lagos State Governor performed and raised the bar.

I am not surprised because there is money to steal and do projects in Lagos.

Tell me 1 Lagos State Governor that did not perform from the days of Jakande even till the Military guys.

Good job but abeg softly with the lies of 'Out Perform'

** Lagos is dirtier.

** Not as safe as before.

** Multiple Taxation is worse as a result of his greedy drive for revenue generation.

** Under his watch they increased Lekki Toll Fee.

Safety is not his fault
There is hunger and the economy is bad
More people are going into crime
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by heysquare(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2019
Maxymilliano:
And the one at Pen Cinema, Agege has been suspended ...
it was because of d airport road and nw dat they almost finished construction thr they wud move to agege
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by heysquare(m): 7:27pm On May 17, 2019
this is what we call continuity in govt. all d bridges wr designed during fashola's govt including airport road
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by phemmie06(m): 8:00pm On May 17, 2019
AntiWailer:

Tell me 1 Lagos State Governor that did not perform from the days of Jakande even till the Military guys.

** Lagos is dirtier.

** Multiple Taxation is worse as a result of his greedy drive for revenue generation.

Don't worry. Everything go soon clear
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by CaptainFM1: 8:00pm On May 17, 2019
contigiency:
He has tried. but When I look back and discovered that Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has since last year completed three flyovers each of them bigger than what I am seeing here, I say Ambode could have done better considering the meager resources of Ebonyi state when compared to that of Lagos.

Ambode is not only building bridges. He covers almost every sectors in the administration of Lagos. Most importantly, he focus on rural areas of Lagos. He is an achiever. I still weep that we Lagosians don't return him. He has trippled the Economy of the state in just 4 years. I cannot continue to enumerate his sterling qualities and achievement. Every Lagosians know deep in their heart that Ambode is the man. Politics can just sometimes be crazy!

1 Like

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by yommen: 8:02pm On May 17, 2019
Ambode Na eye servicer abeg. Civil servants under him complain that he goes as far as dipping his hands into monies of staff cooperatives to do this projects and therefore deny themm of their savings. How can I be saving from my salary every months for years and suddenly be denied access to my savings, not salary please.
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by almarthins(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2019
contigiency:

Na only fly over ambode do? Na 3 all of una dey count. Me i dey count 4
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Legendguru: 8:17pm On May 17, 2019
hmm
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Bluntemperor: 8:33pm On May 17, 2019
Op are you serious?it just being a devil incarnate for Ambode's achievements.
What about Ojota ;Berger Fly-over and Alausa bridge?So,they are not achievements?.eh ok proceed to Alimoso-Local govt.and see Roads and Bridges.
Henceforth,All Lagos Governors to be must spend 4 years subsequently.no more GAC of Aregbesola and Co.they have govern somewhere,they should live Lagos alone.!!
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by suremanpatriot: 8:56pm On May 17, 2019
Ambode has the current guiness record of transformational development in history of Lagos jst in four yrs. Ambode is beta than fas no doubt,we hop sanwo improves on this record whn sworn in.grin
eko for show! grin
I advise mr president to appoint Ambode as his next level minister for poverty eradication. AMBO!!! grin
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by seunoj: 9:03pm On May 17, 2019
simplesearch:

which of Fashola project did he abandon?
What happened to ilubirin estate, mile2 badagry, Lagos home. Except I have not been updated, last time I checked, no activity

1 Like

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by ikennamadu1(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2019
AntiWailer:

** Lagos is dirtier.

Just use hate speech spoil this comment... Kaiii
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Danwakae(m): 10:23pm On May 17, 2019
Alexis11:

Shut up. If he was still Tinubu's adopted son, you wouldn't have seen this achievement. You would have termed it propaganda. cool

Go and see the doctor.

Tinubu and FASHOLA did very well but AMBODE remain the best but I always give credence to the originator Baba Tinubu even if I don't like his patern of politics. I'm aware of the real problem. Btw Baba Tinubu and AMBODE , and in the long run Tinubu will be the greatest loser because he has done twice to both FASHOLA and Ambode but BRT was very lucky to have got a second term.
Majority of the north r not happy with Tinubu as his name continues to go bad across the north daily

1 Like

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Danwakae(m): 10:31pm On May 17, 2019
Lordknowz:

It was the loop hole that brought him to power.

What is BAD if he try to get it right

Must we continue with what we all know is wrong

The poor masses will always be at the receiving end
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by kbbanj10(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
Ambode will be greatly missed.

oh yes. couldn't get d second term, so painful
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Emma1Oj(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2019
AntiWailer:

** Lagos is dirtier.

Also during Fashola admin BRT from Tbs to Ikorodu was 150 y from costain to Ikorodu 120, fadeyi to Ikorodu 100 but the fat empty came and turned every to 300. Land use charge somtin x.
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 17, 2019
Okoyeebows:

Cosmos, be here denying your ancestors and claiming Yoruba when your parents are suffering under Igbo Governors.

Ambode is a mediocre buffon and if you upcountry baboons love him so much, you can go make him a Governor in your backwards muddy region.
abi olofo wo ni iwo omo ku rin yii gan na..shey aye yiinn de da bayi..abi iru ijanba oshi wo leleyi.
i fuckiung speak my mind..m a yoruba more than you can ever be in your life...my opinions nd arguments are my own making..face ur facking biz..
Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 11:12pm On May 17, 2019
Gbemishile1:

Fashola wanted to start up the rail line transport,but it was abandoned by the present administration.
The man never improved on the existing template but wanted to create his own.
I haven't seen any development in Lagos State that hasn't involved money being siphoned into their coffers.

Education-no free books to the students,no project work that improves the welfare if students
Health-no insurance shemes for the poor
Envuronment-u brought back dirt into the streets,the lawlessness of the ikada riders is second to none,the oshodi traders are gradually getting back into the streets

This man hasn't done anything apart from capital intensive infrastructural development

Incorrect. Ambode’s administration started a state health insurance scheme (which was the second in Nigeria after Bayelsa’s).

The Ambode government was NOT perfect (and of course neither was Fashola’s and let’s not even bring up Asiwaju’s), but like I always say on this Nairaland forum, perfection should never be the enemy of the good or of simply doing better!.

The Ambode administration did NOT abandon the light rail project. Just take a drive along the Marina and see the Lagoon Bridge (a complex engineering component of the project) coming along steadily. Furthermore, the Ambode government signed an agreement with Alstom (the French rail infrastructure giant) just last year to electrify the rail tracks and source/finance modern rolling stock. Nonetheless, let’s not forget that it took the federal government’s NNPC 3 years to remove/relocate its pipelines on the light rail’s right-of-way (let’s not even talk about the military obduracy regarding the demolish of the parts of the Ojo Cantonment that abuts the Blue Line’s right-of-way), or that the foreign exchange rates have skyrocketed from N118/$1 when Fashola started the project to N363/$1 (even rising up to N520/$1 sometime ago) turning a $1.2 billion project (which btw I think is terribly expensive) from costing the state about N141 billion to roughly N435 billion.

Regarding education, Ambode continued (yes, we all need to understand that government is a continuum and thus sometimes performance in office includes continuing/completing projects started by others) the rehabilitation and renovation of public schools, built new Model Schools and completed the expansion and upgrade of Ayinke House, while building a Critical Care Unit (with a helicopter ambulance) at LASUTH.

Finally, please look at how Visionscape has performed in several other countries to understand the Ambode administration’s Cleaner Lagos Initiative was a world-class initiative to holistically address the mounting environmental pressures of a megapolis like Lagos. The notion that we can adequately clean up Lagos with wheelbarrows and PSP operators with a few dodgy second-half compactors and no treatment landfill is obtuse and bite us in the collective behind soon enough. Obviously, the CLI was SABOTAGED as most of the PSPs were APC party apparatchiks, which ultimately led to Ambode’s political downfall (with the bemusing irony of state legislators who unanimously voted for the new Environmental Act that brought in Visionscape, voting unanimously to abort the Visionscape contract and reinstate the PSPs).

2 Likes

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 11:32pm On May 17, 2019
naturalwaves:

I used to take you a bit serious till you wrote this nonsense here. I wonder how much you paid or who is backing you such that all your threads are always moved to the front page. Everyone cannot be a mediocrity like you who is now sounding like a paid agent. If you like, write gibberish from now till tomorrow. We know the truth.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Ambode is the worst performing governor of Lagos state in the books of a lot of Lagosians.
He scored F9 in environment
F9 in education
F9 in health
During Fashola's time, Muiz Banire (the commissioner for environment) was well known because he performed. How many people know Ambode's commissioner for environment and commissioner for works? Femi Hamzat who was Fashola's commissioner for works was so excellent. A bulk of Ambode's contracts were awarded to incompetent idiotas. Ambode lacks planning and organisation such that for 6 months plus, only about 3 people would be found on the stretch of road from iyana-Ipaja to Oshodi eating gala with their helmet on while the road is in a terrible state. Yet, people were suffering so much. Because of his gross negligence and lack of organisation, I had to stay permanently on the Island for the meantime.
It is an insult to even attempt to compare Ambode to Fashola. Fashola's achievements dwarfs Ambode's by a wide margin. I cannot forget how my very long road(street) was tarred in just 3 days. Under Fashola, nothing less than 200 streets were tarred as the LG chairmen were well followed up. Most of the streets around Iyana Ipaja axis, Alimosho etc were tarred with drainage within a very short period of time. Give same to Ambode and it will never be completed in 1 year.
Ambde tried the best he could as he cannot perform beyond his capacity. However, he does not come close to the achievements of the previous government. You may want to exhume some old threads about his predecessor here to compare and contrast.

And in only 1 term of 4 years under Ambode, more than 450 roads were reconstructed/rehabilitated (not just “tarred”) across all 57 LCDAs including 114 in the first year and 181 in the second year, each with covered drainage/sidewalks and street lights. Furthermore, since you brought up Alimosho, let’s not forget that the Ambode administration constructed/reconstructed 21 roads in Alimosho with 2 bridges.
>

1 Like

Re: This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by DisGuy: 12:31am On May 18, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
He will be Governor for just 4 years, yet the achievements of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode have dwarfed the achievements of some of his predecessors that superintended for longer periods.

https://autojosh.com/this-will-be-the-3rd-flyover-bridge-built-by-ambode-in-lagos-see-photos/

Such as...?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sisy Arias Co-pilot Who Died In The Colombia Crash During Her First Flight / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.