Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,495 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:15 PM

John Obi Mikel Claims Chelsea Still Have The Premier League Running Scared Despi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Claims Chelsea Still Have The Premier League Running Scared Despi (581 Views)

Real Madrid ‘lining Up Shock Transfer Bid’ For Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Claims Chelsea Still Have The Premier League Running Scared Despi by otumfour(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2010
John Obi Mikel claims Chelsea still have the Premier League running scared despite Carling Cup flop
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 6:08 PM on 23rd September 2010
Add to My Stories
John Obi Mikel fears for defenders in the Barclays Premier League as Chelsea prepare to restore normal service against Manchester City on Saturday following their shock Carling Cup exit to Newcastle.
The Blues crashed out of the competition when losing 4-3 to Newcastle on Wednesday night, with injuries to Salomon Kalou, Yossi Benayoun and Gael Kakuta compounding a miserable night for the Blues.
The trio are unlikely to be involved in the lunchtime clash against City at Eastlands and Frank Lampard may also miss out as he is said to have suffered a further setback in his rehabilitation from hernia surgery.

But Mikel believes that any defender facing Chelsea must be running scared after the Blues smashed in 21 goals in their opening five Premier League games.
He said: 'If I was a defender playing against Chelsea, I would be very scared because you don't know where we're going to come from - we have Ashley Cole bombing forward on the left side all the time.
'So it is hard to know what to expect when we have all these players bombing forward all the time. If you look at our front three, none of them have a static position, they are all moving around.
'It is the same with the midfield although I tend to stay a little bit more because I cannot afford to leave that position. Playing that way helps us a lot while the other team is thinking about whether to follow Nicolas Anelka's runs, Frank Lampard or Michael Essien.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1314614/John-Obi-Mikel-claims-Chelsea-Premier-League-running-scared.html#ixzz10R9t4acK
Re: John Obi Mikel Claims Chelsea Still Have The Premier League Running Scared Despi by orangemen: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2010
@poster,
are u a ghanian or are u based there? i am only asking because u sound very plain and positive here and that is not like a typical nigerian poster who posts more on negative things.
mikel made a very truthful comment here.
unlike everyother teams, chelsea has a very wide range of goal scorers so knowing the main person to mark is always a very big problem for opositions.
Re: John Obi Mikel Claims Chelsea Still Have The Premier League Running Scared Despi by otumfour(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
AM A GHANAIAN
I think Mikel has really grown into a fine player and I can tell in a couple of years to come he's going to be a known for his accuracy in passing and thanks to Ancelloti he has now cemented his place in the 1st team, I must say this, I enjoy his combo with Essien,

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Launches Investigation Into Vote-selling Claims Involving Amos Adamu / Is Messi The Greatest Player In World? / Lets Host The Olympic Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.