Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,831 members, 7,906,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed (750 Views)

How Kidnappers, Zealots & Rebels Are Making Nigeria Ungovernable - Economist UK / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed / We Have Evidence How PDP Plans To Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Buhari – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by happney65: 9:03pm On May 18, 2019
Lai Mohammed, the minister of information and culture has said the Federal Government is in possession of strong evidence that the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and it's candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is putting plans in place to truncate Nigeria's democracy.

Mohammed said this Saturday in Oro, Irepodun local government area of Kwara state during the annual twelfth Ramadan lecture.

According to him, “Our interventions are based on credible evidence, and no government with the kind of evidence that we have, of plans to subvert the power of the state, attack the nation’s economic live wire and generally unleash mayhem on the polity, will keep quiet.

“The security agencies are all alert to their responsibilities and will not sit by and allow anyone to reverse the gains of our democracy under any guise.

He added that "Since our intervention, pseudo and partisan analysts have teamed up with the spokesmen for the main opposition party and its presidential candidate to either exhibit their ignorance or to engage in red herring and name-calling."

Addressing the alarm raised by the Defence Headquarters and The Department of State Services, he said: "As you are aware, a few days ago we raised the alarm that either by themselves or via their proxies, the PDP and it’s presidential candidate are doing everything possible to sabotage the Buhari Administration, generally overheat the polity and make Nigeria seemingly ungovernable.

"Of course you are aware of similar alarms that have been raised by the police, the military, and the DSS.

The minister called on Nigerian to in the spirit of Ramadan, shun 'anti-democratic forces' in the country.

"I make this request against the background of those who are daily plotting to exploit our national fault lines of religion and ethnicity, those who masquerade as Democrats but can’t take electoral defeat, those who will not hesitate to collude with anti-democratic forces and dead-enders to fan the embers of violence in the country and those who have elevated their personal ambition over and above our survival as a nation.”

DSS Warning
Similarly, the Department of State Services (DSS) issued a warning to those it said were calling for a revolution Nigeria Continuity and Progress (NCP).

The DSS in a statement on Friday said: “It is evident that the misguided group and its cohorts have also planned to instigate widespread violence against the government in order to actualize their infamous agenda of forceful change of regime.

“The DSS not only supports the consolidation of democracy in Nigeria but will leave no stone unturned in rooting out persons or groups desirous of truncating the process or undermining the country’s peace and corporate existence.

“The service will, therefore, not condone any form of extra-judicial activities or methods designed or adopted by persons or groups to subvert constituted authorities.

“Instructively, defaulting persons will surely be brought to book.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/18/atiku-trying-make-nigeria-ungovernable-says-lai-mohammed?fbclid=IwAR2Q7l0FlfjfnwRPem0njn0P-HxL-wJKKJfSuiGCXOyrXScKepIDTL8GatU
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Kingosytex(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2019
LIE mohammed's master and god...doomhari made dis country ungovernable for GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Nbote(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2019
Each tyme dis govt and it's handlers open their mouths, U jus can't help but wonder d kind of useless ppl we have in power...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by duncun: 9:34pm On May 18, 2019
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by goodnessme1(f): 9:38pm On May 18, 2019
That is what buhari Promised Goodluck,

i think he fulfilled it.
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 18, 2019
Nbote:
Each tyme dis govt and it's handlers open their mouths, U jus can't help but wonder d kind of useless ppl we have in power...

It's baffles me ehn!!

Scallywags!! angry
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by emitope: 10:41pm On May 18, 2019
A man who cuts people's head will never allow someone else to wield a cutlass over his own head.

I keep hearing this 'overheat the poilty' chorus everywhere but I can't seem to see how the PDP is doing that. They have gone to court/tribunal and they are making a case via legal means. No blockade of roads, no highjacking of public places of work/institutions, no illegal protests....... So how exactly are they trying to truncate the country's democracy?
Its just a noise that is being cooked up to just draw sympathy IMO and its actually funny that all organs of security have also joined in chanting the same song....Army, DSS etc.

If you have done good, why bother? Bi Iwo ba se rere, ara ki o ha ya o...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by 360degreess(m): 10:59pm On May 18, 2019
God Will destroy all the evil plans of PDP and their frustrated supporters...
sai baba till 2023 either they like it or not..
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Canadanow: 11:08pm On May 18, 2019
Oloriibu... Elenu rirun bii igba iru. Gbogbo awon omo eyin oloselu yii maa sanku ni okookan ni.
I wanna travel outta this country and one minister started saying rubbish!!! That the EU shld stop issuing Nigerians Visa.

Aye gbogbo yin ko nii da.
Why did God put me here with this ppl...i just pray this is all a bad dream. Make I wake up in Canada tomorrow.
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by id911(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2019
Lie Mohammed can never be tired of lies that's why his lips are growing wider everyday

Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by bencr7: 11:11pm On May 18, 2019
360degreess:
God Will destroy all the evil plans of PDP and their frustrated supporters...
sai baba till 2023 either they like it or not..
senseless comment stop using d name of God to write rubbish
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Racoon(m): 11:22pm On May 18, 2019
Atiku that they were romancing before? Lai Mohammed is one of the idiot in the APC government that will forever go down in infamy.This man is really an idiot.

Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by Racoon(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2019
Nbote:
Incredibly stupid and useless people my brother. sad
Re: Atiku Is Trying To Make Nigeria Ungovernable', Says Lai Mohammed by duncun: 1:15am On May 19, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Oyostate Gov Elect, Eng.sayi Makinde Holds Ramadan Lectures At NTA In Ibadabn / Lg Autonomy Will escalate kidnapping and crime-governor ayade / Send In Your Body Bag Assassin, I'm Waiting - Shehu Sani Slammed Gov. El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.