Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,193 members, 7,947,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller (3634 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2019
Agent BrynX

I'm Agent BrynX, I worked for Agent X cops. I was fired when the organization found out that I'd told some persons about my identity and what I do for a living... Yea yea, I know it's dumb and stupid...

But then I gat my head in the right places.. I see opportunities and take them. My actions might be so dumb but I'll succeed..

Now, I've got to take down the blackmailers, I've also got my wife and baby to protect, and yes I'm a dummy... A big dummy!

You gotta believe me, Agent BrynX will always be Agent BrynX!

You've got to be ready for this comedy/action packed crime story...

By

Brian Ngoma

Source: www.youngicee.com

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 10:46am On May 19, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 1
Not Your Typical Agent

By Brian Ngoma

In my head, the disciplinary committee was ready for me in the next room while I sat on the waiting chairs. My hands were sweating and i was breathing like i was having an asthmatic attack. Two years i had worked for Agency X Corp, two freaking years and not a single day had i ever been summoned by this committee. I did my work and ensured i didn’t mess up. All I wanted to do was make ends meet to provide for my wife Leah and our unborn baby. Leah was due any day.

I looked on my right and saw a very tall slender but curvy woman coming my direction. She was the first person I had seen since I got to the agency except for the old sluggish man at the reception. I thought her to be one of the workers at the agency. Unexpectedly, she stood right before me and stared at me while looking at some papers in her hands. Looking at her upclose, she was very light in complexion. However, no matter how much make up she had applied, i could tell she was old.

"Agent BrynX?" She asked.

"Yes that's me," I answered extending my arm to greet her. She ignored it and looked back at the paper. That was embarrassing. I checked around to see if someone had seen me being left hanging. I sighed, I was just alone with the heartless cold woman. That’s how I got to know her; a heart so cold as mount everest. I didn’t need a name to put on her. She reminded me of Kanye West’s Heartless song.

"Follow me!" She turned around and started walking. I followed her. For a woman who seemed to have an ego higher than that of any mountain, her butt was as flat as an ipod I couldn't help but giggle. "Anything funny?" She asked stopping.

I quickly got my phone from my pocket and pretended I was laughing at something I had seen on it. "It's this Meme," I wanted to show her but she turned my phone away. Thankfully, there was nothing on my phone.

She continued walking while I trailed. I kept wondering where she was taking me because in my head, the office I had sat outside of was the disciplinary office. I didn't ask questions but let her lead the way. We got to a door with an imprint on it, it read; 'The Disciplinary Committee.'

"Wait," I stopped her. She looked at me irritated sagging her shoulders. Her stare was somehow scary I forgot what I wanted to say. I could see the wrinkles she was hiding under that make up. They were vividly clear and damn, she looked ugly.

"What?" She asked trying to keep calm.I touched my head trying to remember what it was I wanted to say. Luck wasn't on my side, I didn't. She smacked her lips in disgust and opened the door. "Now enter!" She ordered me.

I slowly walked in. For a moment, I forgot I was somewhere along Kwese Road in Hillpark, Lusaka. It was like I was in one of those blockbuster movies I could even feel the suspense music playing in the back of my head. As I stepped towards a chair which was obviously set for me, the door slammed behind me. She had closed the door and locked it. Was this all part of the discipline? I asked myself sitting on the chair. I felt some fresh air in the room that made me relaxed and calm. The disciplinary room was painted all white. Everything in it was white and was very tidy. Tha table in front of me had three chairs on the other side. Whatever game these people were playing, it was odd. I decided to keep myself busy on my phone.

A moment later, my phone battery drained due to excessive usage of the internet. I didn't know what else to do. I moved my chair so that I could rest my head on the table. I managed and rested on it. I dosed off.

"Agent BrynX," a voice called me.

I felt like I was home and Leah was waking me up. I quickly gained conscious and remembered where I was. I got up and met with disappointed faces. They all looked at me nodding their heads. "Hi," I waved at them embarrassed.

"Let's begin," a voice behind me said.

I turned my head and found Ms. Cold standing behind me. "Agent BrynX," she looked at me and went on. "This is the Disciplinary committee. They are also members of the board. On the far right is Mr. White, on the middle is Mrs. Zimba and far left is Mr. Keyala," she pointed at them. "And I am Mrs. Vimbuzi, we have already met," she said.

I chuckled. What kind of name is Vimbuzi? In my indigenous language, Vimbuzi means toilet. It was there and then that I nicknamed her cold toilet. Of course, only I knew the name.

"Are you ever serious?" She asked with an annoyed face.

"I'm sorry for that Mrs. Vim......" I paused and held myself not to blurt out. "Vimbuzi."

"Full names?" Mr. Keyala asked.

"Bryn Williams," I answered.

They all looked at each other probably wondering why i had that surname. They looked at all the documents at their table to confirm and they nodded their heads looking at each other.

"Mr. Bryn, do you know why you're here?" Mr. White asked jotting down something.

"I believe I do Sir," I answered. I knew why i was summoned but what i didn't know was how extremely serious it was.

"Why are you here?" Mr. Keyala added with his hand on the chin.

"Bleach of confidentiality," I bowed my head.

"Is that all?" Mr. White asked again.

"Yes unless there is something I don't know about," I looked at him.

"Well," Mr. White leaned back looking at Mrs. Zimba.

Mrs. Zimba Sat upright staring at me. She flipped the papers on the table and asked, "What is the name of our company Mr. Bryn?"

"Are you being serious?" I asked looking at everyone. It didn't seem relevant to ask me the name of the company i was working for. I knew the name obviously and that sounded like an insult to me.They all looked at me blankly. She was being serious and I needed to answer. "Agency X Corp," I answered.

"Do you know how important that X is?" Mrs. Zimba asked seriously.

I hesitated to answer.

"Do you know Agent BrynX?" She Raised her voice.

I was startled and leaned back in the chair. Truthfully speaking, I didn’t know what the X symbolized and all the two years I had worked there, I didn’t care to ask. So long as my job was done, I was happy and a letter X meant nothing to me.

"Yes madam," I answered nervously.

"Then why would you go around talking about what you do?" She asked.

Agency X Corps motto was 'Always Watching'. It was against this motto that this companies duties were based on. They dealt with everyone on the other side of the law; Law benders. It was like a police station but dealt with people that even the force was afraid to deal with. I was on the lower rank of the Agency. I dealt with small time crooks and cheaters. I never complained but I yearned for action. I finally got it but at a greater cost.

Confidentiality was a priority at Agency X Corp. It then hit me that while I thought I had been called for telling my wife what I was doing, it was another thing but who else did I tell? I didn't remember telling anyone. "My wife?" I asked.

Mr. White removed his glasses and asked, "You also told your wife? Jesus!" his hands were on his head.

"Oh shit," I cussed.

"Who recruited him?" Mr. Keyala asked angrily opening a file from his table. I wished the floor would open and swallow me. I also got worried about Mrs. Daka, the woman who hooked me up with the job. She had gone her way to find it for me. I hoped i didn’t put her in trouble. "When did you start working for this Agency?"

"July, 2028," I answered.

"So you are clocking two years next month," Mr. Keyala Looked at Mrs. Zimba nodding his head.

"Why would you tell your wife?" Mrs. Zimba asked. "Didn't you read the rules? What happened to protecting those close to us by not revealing what we do? To the outside world, what are you supposed to be?"

"A plumber working for BOB & BOB plumber for hire," I responded realising how stupid I had been. In my mind I kept justifying my actions. She's my wife and I'm supposed to tell her everything. 'The truth hurts but Secrets kill,' my wife’s words after she had suspected I was keeping something from her a year ago. And it's not like i had told anyone. It was my wife for crying out loud.

"Agent BrynX!" Mr. White called me.

I looked at him.

"So we have just known that you told your wife," he looked at the others and went on. "We have a recording of you telling some people in a club that you're an Agent. We also have a footage of you showing your I.D to a police officer."

"I thought the police knew what we do," I said.

"No they don't, what did that police man want to do with you?" Mrs. Zimba asked.

"He wanted to arrest me."

"You see, they don't."

"Your profile shows excellency compared to what I'm seeing here," Mr. Keyala said. "On paper you are intelligent and highly skilled but in person you are stupid and dumb," he said with disgust on his face. "Work ethics is very important to abide by."

"I understand I'm Not your typical agent sir," I smiled. "Atypical is the word."

"What?" Mr. Keyala asked angrily.

"Nothing sir," I responded.

"How old are you?" Mr. White asked.

"He's 26," Mr. Keyala answered looking at my profile.

"Millennials," Mrs. Zimba rolled her eyes.

"Go out we'll call you," Mr. Keyala dismissed me. All the three leaned back in their chairs disappointed in me. Only Mrs. Zimba was watching me stand while the others looked away. I had made a bad first impression to the bosses. "And please close the door behind you," Mr. Keyala said looking at the table.

I stood up and walked to the door. I wondered why Mrs. Vimbuzi didn't say anything. She kept watching what was happening. I got out and found myself a seat. An hour passed and the door opened. Mrs. Vimbuzi got out. "You may leave now," she told me.

"I don't understand," I said. "What's my fate?"

Before she said anything, the old man from the reception came with a file in his hands. He looked at me and then her. He hesitated to talk but she gave him a cold look. "Madam, those two agents working on the Brothel case are back," he said handing her over the file.

"You heard me," she turned her attention to me whilst getting the file and dismissing the old man. She looked at the file and nodded. "What are you still doing here?" she looked at me.

"But."

"Agent BrynX, leave!" She said with her Eyebrows squeezed together forming a crease.

I knew better not to say anything. She was angry. At least She called me Agent. I felt relieved. That meant I still had my job. I didn't want to do anything to sabotage that. As it was, I was in trouble. I left the building with no clue of what was to happen next. I needed my job. There was no way i could afford losing it. True, i had been careless but i deserved a second chance. I had a wife to take care of and a baby on the way. I crossed my fingers as i walked to my Corolla.

To be continued

Read up to Episode 10 here - www.youngicee.com/category/agent-brynx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 2

By Brian Ngoma

The Wife

Our camouflage offices were situated along HillView road next to Vodafone Branch. We were operating under the name BOB & BOB Plumbers for Hire. How the name came about, I don't know, no one knew. Even the longest serving Agent, Mrs. Daka didn't know.

"How was it?" Mrs. Daka asked me as I sat on my chair.

I sighed, "Haven't they called you MadamX?" MadamX was her agent name. I was afraid they might have called to ask her how she got a slob like me into the Agency.

"Tell me!" She said curiously. "No one Called me."

MadamX knew me from way back. Apparently, shes the one who took me in when my parents decided to abandon me. That's how i dropped my parents names and named myself Bryn Williams. There was nothing special about the name, i just loved it. Mrs. Daka gave me shelter, food and clothes. Even though i was a teen, she practically raised me. After completing secondary education, She found me a job so that i can take myself to college. She believed in me and that daunted me. I always told her not to trust me because I'm only human and prone to error. She kept saying i was a straight guy till i told her that i got a girl pregnant. She was shook. Her facial expression was like she had seen a Lion in her bedroom. By then it was a lie, i just wanted to marry Leah. "I don't know but I think I still have my job," I said.

"That's good," she said exhaling relief. She knew Leah was expecting and me losing my job would have been a blow. She loved us both and wanted the best for us.

"Have you met those people before?" I asked her.

"Who?" She asked back.

"The Disciplinary committee?"

"OH, I have. Several times."

"Really?" I asked surpised.

"Yes, I know that panel very well. Mrs. Zimba; the old dark lady who thinks she's got it all. Mr Keyala; that stupid son of a gun. Imagine he was hitting on me sometime back, " she laughed.

"There is also a Mr. White and Cold toilet," I added.

"Who are those?" she asked curiously. "So if it's you, you have started nicknaming people."

"Mrs. Vimbuzi," I laughed. "Mr. White is a middle aged simple looking man. Very serious, doesn’t laugh nor smile and has a funny accent."

"I only know Mrs. Vimbuzi. She's been my boss since forever," she said. "You should be grateful you still have your job. You have to go home; I'll cover for you. A pregnant woman doesn't need to be left alone for too long."

I thanked heavens for Mrs. Daka, she was a blessing. She was a mother to me. She understood me. She was the only one who put up with me. She never seemed bothered.

"Thank you," I stood up grabbing my bag.

"When is Leah due?" She asked. "I know you told me about it but I'm old i forget things," she chuckled.

I laughed. She was getting old it was true. Despite saying it alot, she never liked to be told that she was getting old. I cleared my throat and answered. "Any day."

"Pass my regards," she said.

I got up and noticed the desks were deserted. "Where is everyone?" I asked her.

"Everyone?" She looked at me expressionless. "Which everyone?"

"James and Olivia of course?" I asked.

"You asked as if we are ten," MadamX answered. "They left after you had left. "They were also called by headquarters. I'm sure with their last successful job together , they’ll be assigned another job."

I remembered the two agents that the old man talked about at the headquarters and said. "I don't know how they do it but those two are bad news." I envied James and Olivia. They seemed to have it all. They never had problems with their tasks. "Good for them." I said.

"Yes good for them. I think they are also shagging each other," MadamX laughed. "They have become too close."

I laughed at her remark and left. Knowing James though he wasn’t my friend, he must have been screwing Olivia. He was too straightforward and took work serious. Suffice to mention, he was good looking. James had a baby face that drew women closer to him. I failed to get it. Why would a grown up woman be attracted to a man with a baby face? Wouldn't that make her feel less secure? He was tall but not taller than me. He was light as hell and i was on the other side. Olivia was a goddess too. She was slim and tall. Chocolate brown in complexion. Tough, strong and a willed woman. She never took trash from anyone. They were perfect for each other; no one could blame them anyway.

I drove home thinking about my wife. Life always had a way of making us content. While James and Olivia were a perfect match, I also had my match Leah. She was the most beautiful woman in my eyes. I loved her even more when she got pregnant. I would always scold her that she looked like a ball. With her short height, she was fun size. Over the last months she had gained and she hated me saying it. She would always say that it was the baby making her eat too much.

I parked my car and walked to the house. I found Leah with her sister. I didn't notice her sister crying. My wife’s sister was a married woman but she behaved like a twelve-year-old girl; every time she fought with her husband, she ran to Leah and she entertained her which pissed me off. On most occasions, I told my wife to show her some tough love but my wife was too good of a person.

"Baby!" Leah called me to the kitchen.

I got there and found her sister shading tears. I kissed my wife and only looked at her sister.

"Sit down baby," Leah said.

The way my wife was talking, I could tell that something was happening. "What is wrong?" I asked feeling my legs tremble. I could see the seriousness and focus on her face. She was letting out words as if she was the one in pain.

"My sister has a problem," she said looking at her. "Triza tell Bryn."

I looked at my wife startled. She didn't even look at me. I turned my attention to her sister. She was busy sobbing. I was patient and waited for her to ready herself. "It's my husband," she finally spoke.

"What about him?" I asked her.

"I think Floyd is involved in some shady business."

"Shady?" I looked at my wife. The way i knew Floyd i couldn't put together what she was saying about him being involved in some shady business. He was one of the straight guys i knew. He never talked much but was a debater. Whenever he came over to pay us a visit, we would always argue about football, Politics, the economy etc. One thing that amused me about him was how he talked highly of the police. He never talked much about his job. He was a business man. His wife never asked for anything from us but just came crying everytime they fought. I understood why she acted like that because Leah was like a mother to her and she was young. "How shady?" I asked curiously.

"He goes for days and when he comes back, it's either he comes with a black eye, broken arm and the other night, he came with a cut so deep I wanted to take him to the hospital, he refused."

"I told her about what you do," Leah said.

"What?" I yelled. "You told her what?"

"I told her you're an Agent," Leah answered.

"Why would you do that?" I stood up upset.

"Baby sit down, I told her so that you can help her," she said.

My wife had an absolute different perspective of what I was doing. For her, she thought I was a James Bond like Agent; there to save the day but I was nothing like that. I had never even held a gun in my hand and if it's combat, i was pathetic. I blamed myself on the other hand, when telling her I made it sound so interesting. The way she looked at me when i narrated the whole thing, i could tell she was visualizing everything and i was tempted to spice it up even more. "You are not supposed to talk to people about my work," I told her.

"She's family baby," Leah said with a sad face. "She's not people."

I couldn't say more. I sat down and was forced to hear what she had to say. "I love my husband please help him," Triza looked at me. "Before anything bad happens to him." Her face seemed tired. She was going through a lot.

I looked at my wife. I knew she was waiting for my response. A lot of things were running through my head. I didn't even know what the disciplinary committee had decided and there I was, being asked for assistance.

"Baby!" Leah called me.

"I'll see what I can do," I said after a long breath.

"Thank you," Triza said getting up.

I watched my wife escort her outside as I walked to the bedroom to freshen up. I didn't even know what to do with Triza's husband. For some reason, Triza looked up to me and my wife, she thought we had everything all figured out. Sometimes, her reliance on us made me feel old when I was only 26 and my wife 22.

I came out of the bathroom and found my wife sited on the bed pressing her phone with a straight face. I acted like I hadn't seen her. I sat on the other side of the bed and applied some lotion.

"What was that all about?" She asked.

I was aback. "What?" I asked.

"Your reaction? You know Triza relies on us and you acted like you didn't want to help her," She raised her voice. "Talking about how I'm not supposed to be talking about your work with other people when you know she's family."

"Didn't I just...."

"I just forced you," she cut me. "A husband and wife talk about things together. When telling her about your work, i assured her you would help and there you were behaving like a ten year old boy. You almost embarrassed me in front of my sister."

"Baby."

"Don't baby me Bryn," she stood up. "I'm your wife. If my sister comes to me with a problem and if i can't help her, i turn to you. How do you suppose i do it Huh? Go and ask for help from someone else when my husband is there?" she stormed out of the bedroom.

"Hormones," I said under my breath.

"What did you just say?" she came back and stood at the door.

"Nothing baby," I smiled nervously shifting uneasily.

"Pff," expressing annoyance, she left.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/agent-brynx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Highbeepeeh(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2019
Following
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:41am On May 24, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 3

By Brian Ngoma

Everything has a cost

Women! They have always amused me. I didn't know what wrong I had done. If anything, I was the one who was supposed to be mad at her for telling her sister about my job. I figured she knew I was going to be upset with her and projected. I wore a short and a vest with some slippers and went to the kitchen. When i got there, she had finished preparing supper. She put food on her plate and left me in the kitchen. I got the food too and went to join her in the living room.

"This is delicious," I said.

She ignored me.

"I'm sorry," I said after an awkward moment of silence.

"Was that hard to say?" She stared at me.

Whatever it was I needed to apologise for, I couldn't figure it but I didn't want to say anything lest an argument. We had our dinner and went to the bedroom.

"I'm sorry too babe," Leah said.

"About?" I asked knowing what she was apologizing for.

"Huh Bryn," she frowned pulling the sheets. "Turn off the lights."

"No I'm just asking," I turned off the lights and laid on the bed.

"I overreacted. I was overwhelmed. My sister seems to be going through a lot. She's young and it hurts me seeing her like that. But I'm not Making excuses for talking to you like that, i was wrong, i shouldn't have come out like that," she sighed. "Forgive me?"

I was quiet.

"Babe!" she called.

"I dosed off," I said jokingly.

"Are you kidding me?" she got up and pinched me.

"I'm kidding babe," I laughed. "I understand why you reacted that way. She's your sister and you care for her."

"Thanks Babe, i love you," she said laying back. "And Zoey loves you too," she giggled.

"So we are going to stick with the name Zoey?" I asked.

"Yup," she answered.

"Anyway I love you both."

"Goodnight."

Following morning I woke up and Leah was on the treadmill exercising as usual. "You will go to labor on that thing," I said getting out of bed. She didn't say anything but continued exercising. I prepared myself and off to work, i went.

Before leaving, I assured her that I was going to do whatever it takes to help her sister. Perhaps i was going to use the resources at Agency X Corp; that's what every man in my situation could have done; happy wife, happy life. "See you this evening babe," i had said.

"Enjoy your day love," she said.

I got to BOB & BOB and found some people queued up outside the office. Beside what we were doing, we were also trained to be actual plumbers and because of the influence of the agency, we had a lot of clients. I went inside and to my surprise, i found Mrs. Vimbuzi addressing our team. As soon I walked in, everyone's eyes were on me. I changed my pace and walked faster to join them.

"As I was saying, the Agency will be disbanded," Mrs. Vimbuzi said.

"What?" I shouted.

They all looked at me while Mrs. Vimbuzi didn’t care about my bewilderment. She continued. "Agent JamesX and OlivX, you will be assigned a new assignment and you have to report to headquarters this afternoon,” she turned her attention to MadamX. “Mrs. Daka, “Your services will be required at the head office.” She paused and looked at me. “Bryn,” she sighed. “ What do i have here?" she looked at me. "Iam sorry but we are letting you go.”

What she said couldn’t come at a bad time. I was still processing the fact that our agency was disbanded and she had to hit me with the letting go words, how cold can a person be? Everyone’s attention shifted to me. Obviously, they expected a dramatic scene like that from an African movie but there I was, staring back at them with a straight face completely shattered. I didn't show how broken i was. My emotions were concealed. Honestly speaking, I could read everyone’s minds. They all felt sorry for me except for cold toilet. James and Olivia knew i had a wife and a baby on the way and losing my job would be devastating but how would Mrs. Vimbuzi have known? She didn't even know me. Meeting her at the headquarters was the first. So thats what the disciplinary committee had decided to do; suck me. I deserved it i guess, I was careless.

“I’m sure there is something that can be done," MadamX said in my defence.

"That’s the final decision of the disciplinary committee I'm afraid," Mrs. Vimbuzi said. "I know he’s like a son to you but we cannot have immaturity in the agency; it's costly. We have a lot of people to protect and having one of our own disseminating information carelessly will be the downfall of this company. We have been operational for over ten years and losing one agent won't be a loss to the agency," she said coldly. "Only thing he can do is clear his desk," she couldn't even look at me.

MadamX always came to my rescue and I was grateful for it but it was time to own up to my screw ups. At that point I knew nothing could be done. The heartless woman had made everything clear and there was no way she was taking it back.

"Alright," I said turning away and headed to my desk. I could feel their eyes on me and that pissed me off. The last thing I needed was pity. "Shit," I thought about my wife. What was I going to tell her? I felt like skipping town but there was nowhere I could go. My bank account was as dry as a bulls bum. I had to face her.

"You know you can rely on me for anything," Mrs. Daka said whilst we were packing.

"I’ll be fine, you’ve done enough, really," I said.

"I will see if I can find you something to do to support your family," she said.

There was no way I could turn this woman down. She had me wrapped under her wings. I was like a chick and she was a hen. For some reason, she felt responsible for me and my wife. I knew the more I refused her help, the sooner my wife would know I got sucked. Whilst packing, I decided not to tell Leah I had lost my job until I found something to do and I had to quickly.

While i was talking to Mrs. Daka, James and Olivia were talking with Mrs. Vimbuzi. I couldn't hear what they were saying but from their facial expressions, it seemed serious. They watched her talk and nodded their heads in agreement. I felt sad. They had their jobs while i had lost mine. I turned to Mrs. Daka and asked, "Any idea what they are discussing?"

She looked at me and said, "Finish packing Bryn. You know I'm not allowed to tell you anything about that."

"Oh right, i no longer work here," I said in frustration. After a while, Mrs. Vimbuzi left and i saw James walk to me. "There comes trouble," I said Silently while Mrs. Daka looked at me and nodded.

"What happened back there?" James asked standing at my desk with a proud face as if telling me how much of a failure I was. I knew he didn't come with good intentions but to mock me. "What did you do? Is it about yesterday? The committee?" he probed further.

"You know that thing called confidentiality?" I asked sarcastically.

James looked at me blankly.

"I bleached some of it. Apparently I didn’t know what was going through my head and told a couple of people," I threw a box in frustration. "Why they hell am I even telling you this man? You are not even my friend."

James knew what I said was true. He wasn't my friend. If anything, I knew he was happy I was off his back. He could now be screwing Olivia all he wanted without anyone prying into his business. I was somehow making them uncomfortable i could tell.

"Easy," Olivia said stepping towards us. "It's not our fault you lost your job. Had you been careful, things would have been different. Suck it up Agent," she rolled her eyes and looked away. "And please grow up!"

Olivia always had a way with me. She had that effect on me that sent me down to hell. She made me feel inferior and I hated it. The only person who managed to do that was Leah. Perhaps, it was what every woman did to a man. I could not say anything to her because Mrs. Dakas eyes were on me carefully studying me anticipating my next words. I played it cool and let it slide.

"Goodbye, tell your wife I will pass through next week," Mrs. Daka said.

"She will be happy to see you, she's been asking about you," I said and walked out of the office slowly been hit with reality that I had lost my job. It was still early in the morning. Somehow, I was finding it hard to accept the fact that I no longer had a job. Mrs. Vimbuzi had taken away the pride I had as a man. Now the only thing I had to my name was that I was going to be a father; a jobless one for that matter . I hated myself.

"Home early?" Leah asked while packing some baby clothes.

"No assignment today," I said resting myself. "They told me i can have a day off," I lied.

"That's good I can use your help around the house," She said.

How I hated that. I didn't have to show it because the last time I did, I found her crying in the bathroom. I asked her why and she said, I was being a bad husband, whatever that meant. Driving home, I thought of going to an opened Bar but I couldn’t do that because it was too early to start drinking and Leah hated beer. Her telling me about helping around the house made me question my decision of coming home.

Surprisingly, we had fun cleaning the house. In fact, I was the one doing the cleaning and she was cooking. I was her gossip mate. Spending that day with her made me realise how much she had to tell me. It ranged from the neighbours, the market, what Mr. B does to his wife and her relatives. Talking about relatives, my wife's sister came crying again at our house. I was getting fade up with her drama. She had to ruin a perfect day Leah and I were having.

"It's getting worse," Triza said. "My husband didn't even come home last night."

Leah and I looked at each other. For some reasons, I felt sorry for her. Her husband was making her suffer and he didn't seem to care.

"You have to do something Bryn," Leah looked at me making a face that made me shiver. I felt sick in my stomach. Not because of the face she made but because the only thing they thought I had that could help them was no more; my job. I had even planned of using the resources of the agency. All day, I had forgotten that I had lost my job and in that moment reality dawned on me. "Baby," she even held my hands.

"Please Bryn," Triza begged weeping.

What can you possibly do when two women gang up against you? One busy making you feel less of a man and the other emotionally blackmailing you. I felt rat-trapped. I had to impress Leah. I had to do right by her sister and since everything has a cost, this came at a great cost.

To be continued

Read more here- www.youngicee.com/category/agent-brynx

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by michael123pelemo(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2019
following, please update.
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 4

By Brian Ngoma

The Brothel

"I will help," I said after much thought.

Triza quickly got her bag and removed a piece of paper from it and handed it over to me. Getting the piece of paper, I looked at Leah. She knew what was on that paper. She nodded motioning me to flip it. I did and there was an address written on it. I looked at Leah again and she looked at her sister.

"If you go now, you will find him at this place," Triza said.

"Now?" I asked checking the time. It was 4pm.

She ignored my question and said, "Last time I followed him and he saw me," She paused.

I could tell that what happened after he had seen her. It was not a tale tell. It was best not to ask either. Despite spending the day with Leah, I had missed the air and saw this as an opportunity to leave the house. I left like a hero going to war. The way Leah and her sister looked at me, as if I was some sort of saviour going to redeem someone.

I drove to the alleged address. It was located in Hillpark Central just after town. I even drove through BOB & BOB and it was deserted. I reached the place around 5pm. To my surprise, it was a brothel . Why didn’t Triza tell me? Was it because she knew her sister would not be of the idea if she knew it was a brothel? Or perhaps they both knew it was a brothel. I parked my car in the premises. I looked around and the surrounding was nicely taken care of. My car was the only car in the parking lot. The building was a two storey building. It was huge and built with pan-bricks. I could see a number of windows were opened and two women from different rooms peeped. Whoever owned this building was loaded. This business was illegal and it made me wonder why my former Agency had not mentioned it before. Anyway that was not the reason i had gone there.

I started heading for the entrance when i met a young man who seemed too young to work in a place like this. He received me well, like a president back from his travels. I could infer from the way he talked to me that he was well taught on how to receive people especially strange faces. In a place like this, strange people were much of the interest because no one knew how much dough was stacked up in their trunks.

"Welcome to the Bordello sir," the young man said stiffening his face. He said Bordello so nice like he was Italian.

I didn’t say a word but look around. After a moment of silence and making the young man rather uncomfortable, I said, "Is this the right place as this address?" I showed him the written address.

"Well sir, this is that address. You have come to the right place," he smiled chiefly ensuring I was in his hands. "Would you care for a drink?" He asked pointing me to a chair in the reception.

"I will let you know when I need one," I sat and made myself comfortable. I kept looking around to catch a glimpse of the place. Apparently, I was an early customer. I sat in a bar with an odd looking man who wore a black cardigan coat and his eyes were as still as the Queens guards. The man obviously was at the place for a good time and he was waiting for the fish to come out. Expectedly, a young girl came down the stairs with her eyes fixated on the man. She went right up to him and stood by him. All I could see from the distance were nods. After a brief moment, the oddly looking man looked my direction. I quickly looked away. There was something about his stare, it didn't feel right.

"Sir!" The young gentleman came back.

"Yes," I answered.

"I think we have something ready for you," he smiled wickedly. "You won't be disappointed."

What was I getting myself into? I cussed under my breath. I needed to do something quickly. I got my phone out of the pocket and made a fake phone call. The young man suspiciously looked at me while looking around. I ensured he was on the back side of the phone so that he couldn't see that I didn't make any call.

"Can you just wait a little bit more?" I asked him avoiding his eye contact.

"Okay sir, take your time," he said walking away with a rather sad face.

Why was he sad? Did he work on a commission basis? Perhaps he did but that was not my concern. My sister in laws husband was the main reason I was here. As I sat, well dressed men started flowing in and one or two could take a look at me and quickly looked away. I somehow made them nervous. I was a stranger in a brothel. I knew what was going through their heads, I could be anything; a reporter; there to expose these men’s lifestyle or a police officer; there to arrest them, but I was just a man who had lost his job trying to please his wife and his sister in law.

Everyone knew what they were doing except for me. I was becoming uneasy with all the stares. Everyone who came in could stare at me and murmur something in their friend’s ears. Unknowingly, I had sat at a spot where everyone could clearly look at me. I decided to switch seats. I stood up and walked to where the man in the cardigan coat had sat. He had left after people started flowing in. He left with the young lady. Sitting down, I heard laughter from outside. It was a group of men I could tell. I curled myself into the chair and my eyes fixed on the entrance. It was there that I saw Floyd; Triza's husband with three guys. I felt relieved, at least he was fine Triza didn't have to worry.

Out of the four, Floyd looked rather nervous. He looked around but didn't look in my direction. I wanted to stand up and go to him but my guts told me not to. I never used to trust my instincts but in that moment, something told me to. The guys Floyd was with looked dangerous. I sat my butt down and waited.

The young man came downstairs and walked to where I had earlier sat and didn’t find me. I saw him look around in disappointment. I didn’t want to call him lest my brother in law see me. The young man was called by one of the guys Floyd was hanging out with. He walked to them and took orders. After a while, he brought some bottle of wines with him and placed them on the guys table. They were celebrating something but Floyd didn't seem to be having a merry time. His eyes were everywhere.

"Care for company?" a female voice asked behind me. "You seem lonely."

I turned my head around and saw her. Whoever said the world would be okay without women had to take back his words. My face lit up seeing an angel in a devil’s palace. My mind wondered off. In a split second, I could feel my bulge rising.

"Leah!" I said silently.

"What?" she asked.

There was no way in hell I would cheat on my wife. Literally, I was in hell and was faced with angels in disguise and demons roamed the place.

"I am good," I said looking away.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "You have gotten everyone's attention and they are wondering what you are here for. Some are saying you are a reporter, are you?"

That I figured already. I had been in the place for close to three hours without showing any interest in any girl like every man had done. I was slowly raising suspicions and heating myself up."Join me," I told her.

She obliged and moved her seat next to mine.

"So what's a man like you doing in the Bordello?" she asked.

Apparently, these people were making Bordello sound so beautiful with the way it was pronounced. Someone would even think it's a food meanwhile it's an Italian name for Brothel; a pleasure house. "A man like me?" I asked carefully looking at her.

"Yes," she looked at my ring.

The ring had betrayed me but I didn’t feel betrayed, I loved Leah and that ring was evidence that someone somewhere had my heart and I had hers with me.

"I just came to have a good time," I sipped on my lager.

"Wife problems," she probed.

"Not really," I answered. One of the guys that came in with Floyd stood up and walked to where we were with the girl. He had a facial expression of a kid who had their candy stolen. "Someone is coming, know them?" I asked.

The girl turned around and groaned. Before he could reach where we were, she stood up. "What now?" she asked him irritated.

"Marie, come with me!" he ordered her.

"Tell him I’m not in the mood," she sat back in her chair.

The man got furious and told her to stand up. I could tell from his voice that he was warning her. I looked at her as if telling her to listen to him. The girl was hard-core stubborn. He got her by the wrist and dragged her. She resisted hitting him with her bag. He was furious and fuming with anger. What was wrong with this girl? Couldn't she just go away with him?

"Leave me alone!" she shouted causing a scene.

My cover was blown. I saw Floyd and the rest of the guys stand up and started walking our direction. I didn't have any business with what was happening. My job was done. I had seen Floyd. he was alive and well. Whatever reasons he had for not going home, he would later explain to his wife obviously. I had set my peace. At least my wife would be proud of me for even getting this far. I had to leave the brothel.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Smithwilliams826: 10:21pm On May 27, 2019
To be sincere, is wife is really pissing me off now. Hw will she tell her sister that her husband is an agent? I can't trust anybody in my life.
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 7:01am On May 28, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 5

By Brian Ngoma

The Brothel

"I will help," I said after much thought.

Triza quickly got her bag and removed a piece of paper from it and handed it over to me. Getting the piece of paper, I looked at Leah. She knew what was on that paper. She nodded motioning me to flip it. I did and there was an address written on it. I looked at Leah again and she looked at her sister.

"If you go now, you will find him at this place," Triza said.

"Now?" I asked checking the time. It was 4pm.

She ignored my question and said, "Last time I followed him and he saw me," She paused.

I could tell that what happened after he had seen her. It was not a tale tell. It was best not to ask either. Despite spending the day with Leah, I had missed the air and saw this as an opportunity to leave the house. I left like a hero going to war. The way Leah and her sister looked at me, as if I was some sort of saviour going to redeem someone.

I drove to the alleged address. It was located in Hillpark Central just after town. I even drove through BOB & BOB and it was deserted. I reached the place around 5pm. To my surprise, it was a brothel . Why didn’t Triza tell me? Was it because she knew her sister would not be of the idea if she knew it was a brothel? Or perhaps they both knew it was a brothel. I parked my car in the premises. I looked around and the surrounding was nicely taken care of. My car was the only car in the parking lot. The building was a two storey building. It was huge and built with pan-bricks. I could see a number of windows were opened and two women from different rooms peeped. Whoever owned this building was loaded. This business was illegal and it made me wonder why my former Agency had not mentioned it before. Anyway that was not the reason i had gone there.

I started heading for the entrance when i met a young man who seemed too young to work in a place like this. He received me well, like a president back from his travels. I could infer from the way he talked to me that he was well taught on how to receive people especially strange faces. In a place like this, strange people were much of the interest because no one knew how much dough was stacked up in their trunks.

"Welcome to the Bordello sir," the young man said stiffening his face. He said Bordello so nice like he was Italian.

I didn’t say a word but look around. After a moment of silence and making the young man rather uncomfortable, I said, "Is this the right place as this address?" I showed him the written address.

"Well sir, this is that address. You have come to the right place," he smiled chiefly ensuring I was in his hands. "Would you care for a drink?" He asked pointing me to a chair in the reception.

"I will let you know when I need one," I sat and made myself comfortable. I kept looking around to catch a glimpse of the place. Apparently, I was an early customer. I sat in a bar with an odd looking man who wore a black cardigan coat and his eyes were as still as the Queens guards. The man obviously was at the place for a good time and he was waiting for the fish to come out. Expectedly, a young girl came down the stairs with her eyes fixated on the man. She went right up to him and stood by him. All I could see from the distance were nods. After a brief moment, the oddly looking man looked my direction. I quickly looked away. There was something about his stare, it didn't feel right.

"Sir!" The young gentleman came back.

"Yes," I answered.

"I think we have something ready for you," he smiled wickedly. "You won't be disappointed."

What was I getting myself into? I cussed under my breath. I needed to do something quickly. I got my phone out of the pocket and made a fake phone call. The young man suspiciously looked at me while looking around. I ensured he was on the back side of the phone so that he couldn't see that I didn't make any call.

"Can you just wait a little bit more?" I asked him avoiding his eye contact.

"Okay sir, take your time," he said walking away with a rather sad face.

Why was he sad? Did he work on a commission basis? Perhaps he did but that was not my concern. My sister in laws husband was the main reason I was here. As I sat, well dressed men started flowing in and one or two could take a look at me and quickly looked away. I somehow made them nervous. I was a stranger in a brothel. I knew what was going through their heads, I could be anything; a reporter; there to expose these men’s lifestyle or a police officer; there to arrest them, but I was just a man who had lost his job trying to please his wife and his sister in law.

Everyone knew what they were doing except for me. I was becoming uneasy with all the stares. Everyone who came in could stare at me and murmur something in their friend’s ears. Unknowingly, I had sat at a spot where everyone could clearly look at me. I decided to switch seats. I stood up and walked to where the man in the cardigan coat had sat. He had left after people started flowing in. He left with the young lady. Sitting down, I heard laughter from outside. It was a group of men I could tell. I curled myself into the chair and my eyes fixed on the entrance. It was there that I saw Floyd; Triza's husband with three guys. I felt relieved, at least he was fine Triza didn't have to worry.

Out of the four, Floyd looked rather nervous. He looked around but didn't look in my direction. I wanted to stand up and go to him but my guts told me not to. I never used to trust my instincts but in that moment, something told me to. The guys Floyd was with looked dangerous. I sat my butt down and waited.

The young man came downstairs and walked to where I had earlier sat and didn’t find me. I saw him look around in disappointment. I didn’t want to call him lest my brother in law see me. The young man was called by one of the guys Floyd was hanging out with. He walked to them and took orders. After a while, he brought some bottle of wines with him and placed them on the guys table. They were celebrating something but Floyd didn't seem to be having a merry time. His eyes were everywhere.

"Care for company?" a female voice asked behind me. "You seem lonely."

I turned my head around and saw her. Whoever said the world would be okay without women had to take back his words. My face lit up seeing an angel in a devil’s palace. My mind wondered off. In a split second, I could feel my bulge rising.

"Leah!" I said silently.

"What?" she asked.

There was no way in hell I would cheat on my wife. Literally, I was in hell and was faced with angels in disguise and demons roamed the place.

"I am good," I said looking away.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "You have gotten everyone's attention and they are wondering what you are here for. Some are saying you are a reporter, are you?"

That I figured already. I had been in the place for close to three hours without showing any interest in any girl like every man had done. I was slowly raising suspicions and heating myself up."Join me," I told her.

She obliged and moved her seat next to mine.

"So what's a man like you doing in the Bordello?" she asked.

Apparently, these people were making Bordello sound so beautiful with the way it was pronounced. Someone would even think it's a food meanwhile it's an Italian name for Brothel; a pleasure house. "A man like me?" I asked carefully looking at her.

"Yes," she looked at my ring.

The ring had betrayed me but I didn’t feel betrayed, I loved Leah and that ring was evidence that someone somewhere had my heart and I had hers with me.

"I just came to have a good time," I sipped on my lager.

"Wife problems," she probed.

"Not really," I answered. One of the guys that came in with Floyd stood up and walked to where we were with the girl. He had a facial expression of a kid who had their candy stolen. "Someone is coming, know them?" I asked.

The girl turned around and groaned. Before he could reach where we were, she stood up. "What now?" she asked him irritated.

"Marie, come with me!" he ordered her.

"Tell him I’m not in the mood," she sat back in her chair.

The man got furious and told her to stand up. I could tell from his voice that he was warning her. I looked at her as if telling her to listen to him. The girl was hard-core stubborn. He got her by the wrist and dragged her. She resisted hitting him with her bag. He was furious and fuming with anger. What was wrong with this girl? Couldn't she just go away with him?

"Leave me alone!" she shouted causing a scene.

My cover was blown. I saw Floyd and the rest of the guys stand up and started walking our direction. I didn't have any business with what was happening. My job was done. I had seen Floyd. he was alive and well. Whatever reasons he had for not going home, he would later explain to his wife obviously. I had set my peace. At least my wife would be proud of me for even getting this far. I had to leave the brothel.

To be continued

Read more here- www.youngicee.com/category/agent-brynx

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 6

By Brian Ngoma

Hole in your Ear

"Bryn!" Olivia shouted.

I was lost in thoughts I didn’t hear her call. She called me countless times while I laid on the floor looking at Mrs. Dakas body. A woman so kind with a heart of gold. The only woman I had known in my life as a mother. Just a single bullet to the head and she was no more and for what? I didn't know. I had no clue.

"Snap out of it Bryn!" Olivia shouted angrily. "She's dead. We'll be dead too if you keep staring at her body."

I snapped out of it and wiped my tears. Everything seemed surreal. I wished to wake up from whatever nightmare this was. "What?" I looked at Olivia.

"They are still outside," Olivia said. "Obviously waiting for one of us to stand so that they take us down. Did you park the car behind the building?"

"Yes i did." I answered. "What is this all about Olivia?" I asked. "Call the police!"

"You don't know what's happening, involving the cops will only make things worse and this is not the time for questions Bryn," Olivia said. "Go and lock the door."

"What?" I asked shocked. "They have guns, how will locking the door help?." I shouted like a little girl. "Can't you see Mrs. Daka was shot?"

"Close the door!" James said gathering his strength. "Hurry!" he crawled. "You locking the door will distract them while i try to crawl out of this place and go to the back."

"The back door is locked," I told James.

"Don't worry, i have the keys," he looked at Olivia. "Give me your car keys."

"My car keys?" I asked.

"Yes Bryn, we don't have time to argue, we need to get out of here otherwise we will be dead."

Olivia looked at me. I could see she was scared. We were all scared. The people outside came prepared and we were not. Hesitating meant one of us would follow Mrs. Daka. "Give him the keys Bryn," Olivia said.

I got the keys out of my pocket and threw them to James. I crawled my way to the door and pushed it. I waited for a gunshot but it was quiet. I looked back at Olivia and James. "Maybe they are gone?" I whispered.

James nodded his head.

I stayed silent in my position and didn't hear any movement. The headlights were turned off and i heard an engine start. I slowly got up. I was putting my life as bet and was very sure they had gone. Olivia kept signalling me to stay down but I didn’t listen. I finally stood upright. "You see? They are gone. Now can someone tell me what's going on. Mrs. Daka is dead."

"Bryn get down!" Olivia shouted.

Damn! Next thing I heard was a gunshot and a funny feeling on my ear. I felt the world crumbling down my feet. I heard a thud sound with a mixture of a woman’s voice screaming in terror. All I could think of in that moment was Leah.

"Wake up Bryn!" a voice called out on me. A light shone on my face. I wasn't a believer of heaven but this seemed like it. The light was too bright and a voice sounded angel like. As if I had heard an angel voice. Was this my time of atonement? In an instant, I thought about all the bad things I had done especially making Leah suffer. She didn't deserve the life I had given her. I didn't have to have any excuse because as a man i was supposed to give her the best life. If I was in heaven, that means I had lived good so why was I worried?

"Bryn wake up!" Olivia slapped me.

"You died too? I asked. "No shit."

"You are still alive you idiot," she said.

"Am I?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered. "Sit upright."

As I sat upright, I felt a sensation in my ear. I tried to touch it but it hurt even more. I slowly touched it and felt a cloth on it. "What is this?" I asked Olivia.

"You have a hole in your ear," she answered. "I managed to control the bleeding."

"What do you mean a hole?" I touched it and squealed in pain. A whole in my ear? I then remembered what had happened. The gunshot and the funny feeling in my ear before blacking out. I had escaped death by an inch. Fully gaining conscious, we were in my car and James was driving. "How did you escape?" I asked.

"Through the backdoor," Olivia answered.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"That's not important right now. What matters is getting where we are going safely," she answered.

"Is anything ever important to you?" I asked frustrated. "A person I consider my mother has been shot and no one wants to tell me anything. What's wrong with you?"

"Be patient Bryn," she said.

"Patient?" I laughed. "Tell me how? I have a wife at home waiting for me and you are telling me to be patient. I almost got shot, infact i have been shot and you are talking about patient. You must be joking," I said. "Take me home."

"It’s not safe," James said.

"Whatever is happening, i ain't no part of it. Since no one wants to tell me what the hell is happening, i want to go home!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry but we are not taking you home,"Olivia joined in.

"Where are you driving to?" I asked James.

"Upstate," he answered.

Upstate was the suburb of Hillpark. It was located in the north of the town. It's where the rich and glamourous resided. "Whose in upstate?" I asked.

James kept driving ignoring my question. It was very dark to see where the car was going to but all I wanted to do was go home. The car came to a stop before a big gate. James made a call. The gate opened and he drove in. I could see a tall dark figure signalling where to park the car. James obliged. After parking, he told us to get off the car.

"Are you sure you were not followed?" Mrs. Vimbuzi appeared from the dark. She didn't even greet any one of us. "What is he doing here?" she pointed at me. "Is that a hole in your ear?"

"Yes," I answered. What was wrong with this woman? Can't she have asked how we were doing? She led us into the house.

"What happened? I thought you had it under control," Mrs. Vimbuzi asked James.

"I did till he showed up," He looked at me.

"Wasn’t he led off work today? Can someone tell me what he's doing here?" She asked looking at Olivia.

"Good question to ask him is what was he doing at the brothel?" Olivia stared at me.

I shifted nervously. I couldn't tell them that I was looking for my brother in law who apparently was working with the men who had killed MadamX. I wasn't sure though because the time the guys stopped me at the brothel, I didn’t see Floyd. Was it that he had seen me and avoided me? I absolutely had no idea but I was going to find out without telling them that one of the guys was my brother in law. I had to hear their story first. "I was there for a hooker," I said composing myself.

"Aren't you married?" Olivia asked bewildered.

"That's none of your business, " I answered.

"Men," she sighed heavily.

James stared at her. I could see that he wanted to defend himself but that wasn’t the time nor place to do so. "He called me Agent JamesX in front of Noob, he blew my cover,” James said disappointed.

"How was I supposed to know Huh?" I asked. "I thought you were there for some broads. I thought perhaps you weren't getting some," I looked at Olivia who shifted uneasily.

"Just shut up!" Mrs. Vimbuzi yelled. "You only cause trouble. Look where it has gotten us now. Mrs. Daka is dead all because of you."

"Don't you dare put her death on me," I jumped to my feet. "Don't try to do that," I nodded and went on. "If anyone, I should be crying now because she meant more to me than she will ever mean to all of you. She was a mother I never had while she was just an asset to all of you," I said. "And how do you know she's dead? No one has told you since we got here?"

Mrs. Vimbuzi looked at me and nodded her head. "Am i supposed to answer that?"

"Obviously, yes," I answered looking at her suspiciously.

"How long was he out?" she asked James.

"Close to two hours," he answered.

"I see, step aside," she told me.

"And go where?" I asked.

"Whatever,” she said turning her attention to James.

Was this woman ever going to take me seriously? What did I need to do for her to realise that I wasn't just some sort of millennial in her eyes?

"Did you hear that?" Olivia asked spooked. She looked at the three of us with her eyes wide open. "You heard that, right?" she asked again.

"What?" I asked feeling my legs going numb. I wasn't going to die tonight, No. "Check it out," I looked at James.

"Why me?" he asked obviously scared too. Cold toilet and Olivia looked at him too. He was the typical agent. He took a beating earlier and he could take another one, no big deal. He walked to the door.

As he walked to the door, footsteps could be heard outside. James stopped. We all froze hearing the footsteps walk to the door. The door knob made a squeaky noise. It then slowly started moving. We all looked at each other.

"We are going to die," I said shakingly.

To be continued

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Smithwilliams826: 9:44am On May 29, 2019
Bryn acts like a kid most times. How does he want people to take him serious?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2019
Oyinprince:
People currently online, I'm inviting you to join us here smiley

Davidpaul
TAYO124
Eyimama
rossyV226
Tinu02
Maverick7901
Sbsrules
Skubido
Kimzylove
Rapfrick
Tolanitycoon
milez7
holleyboy
Blackween
diamondsword
Igyeseh
Christipsy
breeze23
toppy1234 ,
VicThory
AryEmber
Gotee11
Omittesb
Jegie
SirGentle2
Kingsteve
AbuAmmaar77 ,
Hardes,
prinzedy
newlinecomm
gidex04
dasugar
Thomanad
Haphor
dinodesmond
Anny505
tsquare299

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Remite011(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Oyinprince post=78839696][/quote] wey my own invitation o?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 7
Shut up!

By Brian Ngoma

My heart could be felt pounding as fast as it could. My lips were dry despite the cold of the night. It was as if death was the highlight of the night. Whatever was behind the squeaking door knob was what all the four of us were thinking about in that moment. James stepped back and looked at Olivia as if assuring her that he would do anything to protect her. Mrs. Vimbuzi was sweating i could see from where she was standing and Olivia’s eyes were fixed on James.

The door opened and an old man came in. He looked at the four of us with our jaws almost dropping. "Is everything alright madam?" he looked at Mrs. Vimbuzi.

"Johnson!" Cold toilet groaned angrily. "You gave us a scare. Whats with the sneaking?" she asked.

"I thought i heard something and thought of checking out on you," Johnson answered expressionless. "Who are these people madam?" he looked at the three strange faces standing uneasily.

"Workmates," she answered. "You don't have to worry about anything, I'm alright Johnson, you can go back to your quarters."

"Okay madam," answered Johnson suspiciously looking at us.

"You can go Johnson, we have something to discuss here," I said.

"Shut up," Mrs. Vimbuzi yelled at me. "You don't tell my worker what to do."

"What wrong have i done Cold toilet?" I asked looking at her.

"What did you just call me?" She asked stepping forward.

"Nothing," I raised my hands in the air surrendering.

"Johnson!" Mrs. Vimbuzi called Johnson. "It's alright, go back now."

Johnson was very fond of Mrs. Vimbuzi and it was obvious our strange faces bothered and nerved him. He carefully studied the three of us. He saw how uneasy James was, how scared i was and How nervous Olivia had been since he opened the door. He didn't want to inquire more because his boss had told him she was alright, so she was alright. No need of playing detective now. "Alright madam, I'll go back to my quarters. If anything don't hesitate to call me," off he went out of the room.

We all breathed in and out in relief. We sat down looking at each other not knowing what to say to one another after that scary moment. "What is this all about?" I asked breaking the silence.

"It’s none of your business,” Olivia responded. "You are no longer part of Agency X Corps."

"Then why did you take me with you?" I asked. "You refused to take me home saying it's not safe and here you are, telling me I'm not part of the Agency. Don't tell me you just got me for my car."

Olivia was stricken by my sarcasm. She looked at James and Mrs. Vimbuzi In defeat. One of them had to tell me what was going on because I was fade up. I had it up to my throat.

"Sit down!" Mrs. Vimbuzi ordered me.

I wasn't going to be taking any one’s orders. I no longer worked for her. "How would you feel if my boss hear you giving me orders?" I looked at her. "I don't work for you and just like you don't like other people to order your workers around, my boss doesn't like that either. "

"Which boss?" she rolled her eyes. "You don't have a job."

"I'll find one and i know he or she will be a million times better than you," I said.

"Do you ever shut up?" she asked irritated.

"It seems like you don't either. Someone has to shut you up forever," I said stepping aside.

She looked at me defeated. She knew we would be just moving in circles. She sighed and said, "So those people who are after you," she paused. "After us. Those people are the most wanted blackmailers in the country."

"Is that even a thing?" I asked.

"Just shut up and listen," Olivia said.

"Enough with the shut ups, it's boring now," I said.

"As I was saying, these people even call themselves the Blackmailers and their leader is Noob but we are not entirely sure he runs the team but according to our resources so far, he's in charge of The Bordello. We have been after them for a while now till you blew our cover."

"I didn't blow anyone’s cover, excuse me!"

"You did," James joined in.

"So who do they blackmail?" I asked.

"You were at the brothel, right? Someone leads important people from all walks of life to that brothel and when they have information on how loaded he is; they sneakily blackmail that person. They usually scare them with the old trick of publishing a story on them and their private life," Olivia answered.

It then struck me that that was the reason I was a threat when I got at the brothel. I felt sorry for those old men. But what bothered me was Floyd. Was he also working for the Blackmailers? "But don't these men who are blackmailed report to the police?"

"Why do you think we have been working on the case?" Mrs. Vimbuzi asked. "Agency X Corp stands in for where the legal authorities fall short. We work in the shadows."

"Stop bluffing," I interrupted curtly.

"Can someone get this boy out of my house?"

Funny thing about people who are rude to you is that once you reciprocate their rudeness, they get offended. Such a funny world, who told them they can only be rude and not others? "I'm not going anywhere," I said firmly. "Continue I have more questions."

She looked at me disgustingly. There was nothing she could do to me.

"Why no police?"

"Because some of the blackmailed are the police," James answered.

"Wow, the irony," I said. "Who could have thought? I thought Agency X Corp only dealt in handling low life cheats and the likes."

"There is so much you don't know Bryn," Olivia said.

"So what next?" I asked.

"We stay low," Mrs. Vimbuzi said. "They followed you to the Agency and I'm sure they have their eyes everywhere. You have to stay here for a while."

"If the Agency is capable of dealing with thugs like that, can't they send protection?"

"You think this is James Bond?" Mrs. Vimbuzi asked.

"You are making it look like it," I responded. "Who could protect us better than the agency? I almost got shot and Mrs. Dakas body is laying back at the agency. OH Leah!" I exclaimed.

Shit! It was two in the morning and I hadn't called Leah to let her know how I had gone. I reached for my phone in my pocket and it wasn't there. I searched myself but my phone was not with me. "Where is my phone?" I looked at Olivia.

She shrugged.

"Come on, where is it?"

"How am I supposed to know?" she answered irritated.

"Check the car," James said. "It must have slipped while you were unconscious," he threw me the keys.

I needed to talk to my wife. I left the house and went to where the car was parked. It was dark cold and scary outside. I ran to the car and quickly unlocked the doors. I thoroughly checked the car and couldn't find it. There must be a phone I could use in the house, I thought to myself. I quickly closed the car door and went round the other way. I sprinted and hit into something and I fell on the ground. The fall brought back the hurting feeling on the ear. It stung and reminded me of the hole in my ear. Whilst checking myself, I felt something on my legs. It was too dark to see. I stretched my right hand to feel what it was and directly touched a face. Staying in the dark for a while improved my vision, i could now clearly see the person. It was Johnson with his eyes wide open. I shook him but he didn't budge. Fear creeped in. I looked around to see if there was anything or anyone in the dark. I shouted for help but the silence kept getting louder and scarier. I slowly got up feeling my body hairs erecting. Something moved on the other side of my car. I don't know if i had started imagining things but i couldn't take a chance, i had to get out of here. I quickly got up and ran like Usain Bolt to the house and closed the doors behind me. "There is a body outside, I think Johnson has been killed," I said stepping backwards.

"Thank you for joining us," A familiar voice said behind me.

"OH snap," I exhaled.

"Turn around with your hands where I can see them."

I turned with my hands in the air. It was the gang at the brothel and Floyd was there too. His face wrote shock all over it when he saw me. He fidgeted nervously. We were the only two people in the room who knew about us.

"Why did you come back?" James asked looking at me. "I figured you ran away."

How can I run away when I saw a body outside? James was crazy. But I regretted ever coming back. I could have just gotten into my car and drove off.

"Well I heard so much about you people," Noob said. "That thing you do, dealing with people like us" he laughed. “Does that even pay off?"

"It does," Mrs. Vimbuzi answered.

"I guess it does," Noob looked around. "You are living hefty," he stood her up. "Now it seems like you are the boss here that's why these puppies ran to you. How unfortunate that we followed you," he crookedly smiled.

"You are not getting anything from me, you son of a b#*," She spat on his face. "You killed Mr. Johnson," she defiantly looked at him as if she could rip out his throat.

"You wench," he shouted slapping her sending her to the ground. "You know how bad have been looking for this Agency X Corp?" he asked agitated. "If it wasn't for him," he looked at me. "We wouldn't have known. Him mentioning Agent JamesX raised all the suspicions we've had about James here. He was playing undercover," he nodded. "And i grew to like him because of his swiftness. Now you," he looked down on Mrs. Vimbuzi," Stand up so that we have a talk!"

"Go to hell!" Mrs. Vimbuzi shouted. Her courage and Zeal astonished me. She showed no feeling of horror. "Low life," she spat on his shoes.

Noob looked at everyone. He was irritated by Mrs. Vimbuzi it could be seen from his eyes. His henchmen looked at him being disrespected. I saw Floyd stepping backwards as if aware of what was about to happen. One henchman laughed.

"Kill us if you want," she shouted.

What was she talking about? Kill who? I wasn't going to die because of her stubborness. If there was something i could do to save myself, i needed to do it before cold toilet gets everyone killed. I looked at Floyd and the others. "Can i say...."

"Talk to your bosses and tell them you are not getting anything from us," Mrs. Vimbuzi interrupted me making Noob go into fury mode.

"Shut up!" he pulled the trigger and shot Mrs. Vimbuzi sending her body to the floor shaking the room.

With everyone's mouth wide open, we all turned our heads to Noob. Could this night get any sicker? Olivia wanted to run to her but she was stopped. "Dare move an inch and you are next," Noob warned her looking at the three of us. "We have so much to talk about," he grinned. "I need to know more about Agency X Corp, believe you me, we have been after you the same way you have been after us."

To be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Evold: 2:07pm On May 31, 2019
It's so annoying but I followed it anyway.
If not for the prior warning I would have thought that the agent was dreaming
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by queenitee(f): 3:23pm On May 31, 2019
Agent Brynx is just so stup.id, but what can we do with him? But Flyod, wait?
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 8
Die for it

By Brian Ngoma

"No one disrespects me," Noob stood confidently.

I looked at his henchmen and could see fear in their eyes. The two looked at each other nodding their heads. Noob had instilled fear in them and the rest of us except for Floyd. He didn't look shaken.

"Now where is the Agency's headquarters?" he asked. "I want to bring this whole Agency down," he said proudly. "The cops cannot even touch us and you people want to meddle in our business. Rubbish,” he spat on James's feet. "Where is the headquarters?"

James looked at me and then Olivia. "You will never know!" he answered.

"OH don't test me," Noob said. "You have seen what has happened to your friend here," he pointed at Mrs. Vimbuzi's body with his gun. "I did her a favour, she was too ugly." he laughed. "How about we kill a beautiful young lady now?" he looked at Olivia.

"Don't you even dare?" James said almost getting up. He was dragged down by the henchman.

"Ohhh so you two are in love?" Noob said looking at James and Olivia. He walked to Olivia and stood her up. "Let's see how powerful love is," he pointed the gun at her.

"Don't tell him James," Olivia cried.

I watched everything as if I was front row in the cinema. James was really angry I could feel his anger. If a man had a gun to my wife's head, I would equally be angry. I needed to do something but what and how? Floyd had his eyes on me. His stare somewhat made me even more nervous. Was I going to die in my brother in laws hands while he knew my wife was due any day?

"Speak up!" Noob shouted. "Where is the headquarters? Or you are going to watch your woman die."

"You are an agent before love," Olivia said softly. "Let me die honouring our oath."

"Let's tell them baby," James said. It was obvious he wanted to help Olivia but she couldn't let him. "We don't have anything to lose," he said.

"No James, we cannot please don't," Olivia wept.

"I can't let you die for the Agency while i can save you," James said.

"What makes you so sure that he won't get rid of us after we tell him?" Olivia asked James.

James didn't answer.

What nonsense was I hearing? Where was the agency while we stuck our necks out? Three people had died and Olivia was acting like she was in some sort of romantic movie. I decided to speak but before I could, James made probably one of the worst mistakes of his life. He quickly got out of the henchman’s grip. He punched the henchmen on the face temporary blinding him. Getting his chance, he tried to jump Noob but Noob swiftly got out of the way and James landed on the floor hurting his ankle. Not having enough, James got to his feet and charged against Noob. Noob's moves were of that of a professional. He ducked James punches with little effort. Seeing that James was tiring out, Noob kicked James on the face and he got to his knees. James got up again and with his mighty, he threw himself in the air at Noob but Noob got out of the way and before James could reach the ground, Noob pulled the trigger sending James falling like a bag of cement on the floor.

"James!" Olivia screamed.

Noob turned to me breathing heavily. "These love birds make me sick," he looked me direct in the eyes. "I believe you are also an agent, isn't it right?" he asked touching my shoulder. "I can see you are seeing some sense in this."

My mind was still figuring out the fight i had just witnessed. I couldn’t believe James was defeated. I looked up to him and that was a let down. While feeling Noobs hand on my shoulder, I watched Olivia crawl to James who was squealing in pain. Why did he have to do that? He could have just told them what they wanted. As simple and as swift as that. Was love that strong that a person was willing to put his life on the line?

"I didn't get your name," Noob said. "Mind telling me?"

I didn't answer.

"Come on man, we are wasting time here," he looked at his watch. "Love birds are busy comforting each other. I can't make them talk. Help me out here, let's end this.Tell me where the Headquarters is located and I'll leave the three of you all fine," he paused. "Oh except for James, he probably needs some medical attention. "

I could feel myself stiffening with Noobs hand on my shoulder.

"Hello," Noob waved his hand in my face. "Are we together?" he asked looking at the others.

Seeing Mrs. Vimbuzi's body on the floor and James squealing in pain, I realized how much this work of an agent meant to everyone. If someone was willing to kill for it because they feared to be exposed, it sure was a good thing to do. It meant putting bad people away for doing bad things like these people called 'The blackmailers'. I had lost a mother figure because of them. I even lost a former boss I loathed so much but didn't deserve to die that way. Despite not being my friend, i pitied the way James had to go down. Johnson had also lost his life. And for what? All because they carried the name Agent and an X on them.

"My name?" I asked raising my head.

"Yes," Noob answered smiling.

"Agent BrynX."

"I figured."

I looked at Olivia. She had a face like that of a child who didn't have anything up her sleeves. She was hopeless and I had never seen her like that.

Noob pointed his gun at me.I could see some smoke on the muzzle of the gun coming out. I even smelt the ammonia. "One last time, where is the headquarters?"

"You will have to kill us but be assured that others like us will come for you," I said confidently. I saw Floyd having a blank face as if telling me to tell him and get this over with.

"Well," Noob reached for the trigger and I closed my eyes. At least I would die a hero. My child and wife would remember me as one if at all they would be told exactly what happened. I was ready for anything.

"Freeze!" Floyd shouted. I recognized his voice instantly. I opened my eyes and he was pointing the gun at Noob. "Drop the gun Noob," Floyd said.

What the heck was happening? I looked at Floyd surprised.

"Bryn move away from him!" he ordered me whilst ensuring his hand gun had covered all the three thugs. He slowly walked to where i was. "What stupidity was that?" he whispered to me.

"I don't know what got to me," I answered.

"Willing to die for it Huh," he nodded. "Sure means a lot to you."

"What is this?" Noob asked looking at his other two henchmen. They were looking at him equally shocked. "Is this a game Floyd?"

"I'm a detective you idiot," Floyd said.

Noob laughed. "You are kidding, right?"

"Detective?" I looked at Floyd. "What detective?"

"We'll talk about that later Bryn," He answered. "Get the gun from him."

Shocked and surprised. How could Floyd be a detective? How did I not know?

"You are going to rot in jail," Floyd said. "I don't have much on you but i have something to put you away for good. It's high time i get my payback. I let you push me around for too long."

Noob kept laughing.

"What's funny?" Floyd asked.

"I thought your mystery was something to be worried about but I ignored my instincts. Stupid me. I saw all the signs. I even told Mr. Imp about my suspicions," Noob bursted.

"Well that's stupid of you," Floyd said. "Next time, trust your guts if at all you'll have a next time."

"The mystery calls, the disappearances Oh shit," Noob could not hide his surprise.

"Get the gun Bryn," Floyd said.

There was a sudden moment of silence. Noobs henchmen were all looking at me i could hear their teeth grinding. Noobs eyes were fixed on Floyd.

"I know her name," Noob said glancing at Floyd.

"Bryn!" Floyd shouted ignoring what Noob had said.

"You heard me," Noob said. "Let's see. The other day she came at the Bordello and you guys had a fight outside. I got curious and dag a little."

Floyd stiffened.

"Her name," Noob said thoughtful. "Tiza?" he looked at Floyd. "Oh! not Tiza but Triza, yes?"

"Don't start what you won't finish Noob, it's over for you," Floyd said his voice shaking. "Bryn, he called my name again.

"Her name is Triza. If anything happens to me, Mr. Imp and Marie will get to her," Noob smiled. "I hate surprises. You just don't know how much i hate you right now Floyd. I feel like blowing off your head."

"For crying out loud Bryn, grab the gun from him!" Floyd shouted angrily.

"Okay, Okay," I said walking towards Noob who stared at me with anger in his eyes. "Hand me the gun!" I said my voice betraying me. It sounded awful. I had planned for it to come out strong but it came out like a child's. "Give me the gun now," I said again ensuring it sounded burly but it didn't. I was very nervous and sweating profusely.

Noob stared at me like a joke. It was obvious he had recognized a chicken i was that's why he didn't move. Not even an inch. I wondered what he was thinking about in that moment. "Or what?" he asked.

I felt a spasm in my legs. It felt like a tremor had just passed on the ground. Not knowing what to do, I looked back at Floyd and felt my chin almost falling off my face. It happened so fast. I was hit with the barrel of the gun on my face. I fell to the floor hitting my head. My body was a temple of injuries that night; The ear, now the chin. I had even bit myself. I could see blood coming out and that stiffened me. The sounds of gunshots brought me back to where i was. I laid on the floor covering my ears. The gunshots went on for about thirty seconds and silence dawned. The silence was deadly. Not even James could be heard squealing from his gun wound. I figured him and Olivia had tightly held on to another. I couldn't raise my head afraid of it being blown off my neck. I didn't know who was still alive but whoever was left alive, our fate laid in his hands.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 9
The fight

By Brian Ngoma

"Bryn!" Floyd shouted my name. I thanked the heavens. I stood up and saw Noob and his henchmen on the floor bleeding heavily. "Bryn!" Floyd shouted again.

I walked to where he was and he was hit too; on the right side of his chest. "Hold, let me call for help," I said.

"There is no time, go and check on Triza please. She must be in danger," he said. "Go now!"

I stood up with my mind all over the place. There were a lot of bodies laying around. I couldn't think straight.

"Go, I'll get help!" Olivia shouted.

I caught a glimpse of James and he was still alive. I went to my car and drove off to Floyds house which was a couple blocks from my house in a different street. If it wasn't before my house, i could have passed it and drove to my house to check on Leah but with what Noob said, i was scared for Triza. I checked my watch and it was fifteen minutes to four in the morning. I got out of the car and noticed that all the lights were off. Floyds house was small. It only had a one bedroom, a living room and a small kitchen. I directly went to the bedroom window and knocked. There was no response. Fade up, i broke the window and moved the curtain. The bed was nicely made and i could tell that no one had slept on it for a day now. I then remembered that i left Triza at my house. What if she was still waiting for me to come back and tell her how i had gone? I left Floyds house in a hurry realizing the danger Leah and Triza were in.

I got home and found the lights on in our bedroom. Leah never slept with the lights on, she hated light when asleep. I walked to the door. We had a spare key Leah used to put under a mat in instances were i got home late. I got the key and unlocked the door. I found my way to the corridor leading to the bedroom. I opened the door and found Leah on the floor. "Leah!" I shouted running to her.

"Stop right there!" a voice stopped me.

I turned around and found the old man who was wearing a cardigan coat from the brothel standing with Marie.

"It wasn't easy finding you Bryn," Marie said leaning on the man.

"It wasn't at all," the old man said. "We met earlier Mr. Bryn," he said and went on. "Noob mentioned my name to you, i heard."

"Heard?"

"Yes. We heard everything that happened this night," Marie said. " I must confess Floyd being a detective struck us. Who could have thought?" she laughed.

"That Floyd has hurt my boys, “the old man said. "I came for his wife and didn't find her at her house. Asked around and was directed here."

"How interesting,” Marie said. “So back at the brothel, you were looking for your brother in law?" she clapped her hands.

I didn't say a word.

"What's more interesting is that you are an Agent," the old man laughed. "This night has been crazy. Agents and detectives. Hearing all of it felt like i was watching a movie. The gunshots, deaths and everything, WOW, i envy you guys. You had so much fun."

"Fun?" I asked. "What's your name old man?"

"Oh, pardon my manners. I'm Mr. Imp. I run the Bordello," he answered.

"I don't care what you do. You call people dying fun?" I asked disgusted. "Innocent people have died tonight and you call that fun," I laughed.

"Call it whatever you want but to me, it's been an interesting and jaw dropping night, " Mr. Imp said.

Marie shifted uneasily.

"Now hearing everything. It has come to my attention that you know where the headquarters of Agency X Corps is," Mr. Imp paused. "Tell me and your wife will be fine."

I looked at Leah. "What have you done to her?" I wanted to walk to her.

"Don't move Agent," Mr. Imp said. "Let's talk first."

"Why isn't she moving?" I asked my heart pounding. "Where is Triza?"

Marie ignored the Triza question and answered the first question i asked, "Nothing, just some sleeping pills, It was a struggle though. I hope I didn’t hurt the baby."

I grew even angrier. Who did these people think they were? Coming into my house and hurting my wife. My pregnant wife. "If anything happens to my wife and baby, you will regret the day you were both born," I stepped forward.

"Stay right there!" Mr. Imp ordered me. "Where is the headquarters Bryn?"

I looked at the old man. If what he said about hearing everything was true, then he was supposed to be pointing a gun at me. Fortunately, I didn’t strike him as a dangerous person and that worked to my advantage. "I don't know where it is."

"Come on Agent BrynX,” Marie said mockingly.

Mr. love-vendor was old and I was vibrant. There was no way in hell he could have stood against me. The only obstacle was Marie. If only she could be out of the way, then I could have a shot at Mr. Imp. I didn't have time to think. I acted impulsively. I found myself head to head with Mr. Imp. For a man of his age, he was strong. He threw a punch and I ducked. He threw more and I kept ducking. Marie was standing behind him.

"Come on Bryn," Mr. Imp said annoyed.

"Fight like a man," Marie added. "Why ducking?"

I stepped towards them. I had my eye on both of them. He threw another punch and it almost hit me. I didn't need to be hit again because I had been shot in my ear and my jaw felt like dropping from the gun barrel Noob had hit me with. Ducking was the only way to avoid been hit. It was working because Mr. love-vendor was getting tired.

"Old man, come on hit me," I said smiling.

Mr. Imps eyes burned with anger and he jumped me over which I didn’t expect from him. For an old man like him, he threw himself in the air like a ten year old. Next thing I saw was him on my chest with his clenched fists all ready to teach me a lesson to never mess with the elders. Instead of punching me, he squeezed my ear and i screamed in pain. Hell broke loose. The pain I felt was too much to handle. Nothing had ever hurt me that much. In that moment I knew that nothing would break me now. I had felt all the pain there was in the world.

"Get off me," I shouted in pain throwing Mr. Imp in the air. I walked to him while Marie watched in shock. It was like she had seen the hulk unleashed. As i was walking to Mr. Imp, Marie threw Leahs favorite flower Vase at me. Fortunately, i saw it quickly and lowered my head and it hit the wall breaking into pieces. "Why are you behaving like I'm a villain?" I looked at her. "If anything, I'm supposed to beat you too but i don't beat women. Just sit your butt down, I'll deal with you later."

Marie didn't say anything.

I stood Mr. Imp up. The throw drained him. The punches he started throwing were not as powerful as i expected them to be. I got hold of his hand, looked him in the eyes and said, "What now?".

He smiled at me and said, "Watch your balls." whilst trying to figure out what he meant, he kicked me in the nuts kneeling me down. "You think you can beat me?" he asked.

I knelt feeling the pain. It was too much. The ear, jaw and now the balls. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I looked at Leah and got even more worried because she hadn't moved since i got at the house.

"Stand up!" Mr. Imp shouted.

I looked up and he was standing before me. I was tired and fade up with everything. I grabbed his legs and lifted him up while i stood. I could see from Maries facial expression that she didn't expect that to happen. Without hesitating, i busted Mr. Imp on the floor. I knelt again. I saw Mr. Imp slowly getting up while his right hand was on the back feeling the pain. "Won't you just stay down?" I asked him irritated.

"You are telling me where the Headquarters is," he said.

I charged and run to him. He threw a punch and i evaded it. I could see his face clearly, I punched him in the face sending him off in the air and hitting his back on the wall shaking the wall. He staggered getting up. I walked to him and grabbed him by the shirt. I nodded my head pitying him. He just looked at me weary. "Let's fight old man. This is the fight you wanted. "

"You win today Bryn," he smiled weakly dropping to the floor.

"It’s not about winning it's about respecting boundaries. You don't mess with my wife," I said. “ Thinking about Leah, i walked to her and held her. "Leah baby," I called her.

She was not moving.

"Baby talk to me," i felt tears in my eyes. "Leah."

To be continued

Read all Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/agent-brynx

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 10
Family, matters.

By Brian Ngoma

She slowly opened her eyes. "Baby," she smiled. "You are back?" she held my hand tightly.

"Yes baby I'm back. Are you fine?" I asked.

"Yes i think," she caressed her baby bump. "We are fine."

I was now breathing properly. "Where is your sister?" I asked.

Me mentioning her sister brought her back to full consciousness. "The pantry,” she answered. "They locked her in the pantry. Bryn what's happening? That man and a woman, Who are they?" she asked with terror in her eyes.

"I took care of them baby," I said. "Don't worry."

"Babe you are hurt," she saw the hole in my ear.

"It’s nothing baby," I said. "Let me find your sister." I got up and looked at where Marie was, She had escaped. Mr. Imp was lying unconsciously on the floor. I went to the kitchen and broke down the door to the pantry. I found Triza curled up crying. As soon as she saw me, she stood up and hugged me.

"Where is Floyd?" she asked letting go of me.

"Let's go," I told her. I went to get my wife from the bedroom . We got outside and the sun was rising from the East. I walked to my car when a police car pulled up. Leah and her sister were confused. They had no idea what was happening. "Hello officer," i said.

"Bryn?" he asked.

"Yes."

"I received a call to check up on you," he said. "Is everything fine?"

"Yes but there is an intruder in my house."

"Okay, are you sure you are all alright?" The officer asked.

"Yes sir," I opened the car door for Leah and her sister to enter. "Baby you have your phone with you?" I asked.

"Yes, i had it with me when i was knocked out," she handed it to me. I called Olivia. She didn't answer the first three calls. The fourth one she answered.

"Hello who is this?" she asked bleakly.

"Bryn here," I answered. "Still upstate?" I asked her.

"Yes, we are at the hospital."

"Which one?"

"Vintage Hospital."

"How's Floyd and James?"

"Not good Bryn," she answered worringly. "The place is flooded with policemen. After you had left, Your Friend called the police. Noob and his friends are also here but one has died. Even Noob doesn't seem to make it, he got shot in the neck but i don't care if he dies or lives. What's worrying me is your friend and James. They seemed to be doing fine but instantly got worse. Your friend even stopped talking. He's worse than James. I overhead the doctors saying something related to his heart."

I stiffened. I looked at Triza who was busy staring at me. "Okay we are coming," I said and hung up.

"What happened Bryn?" Triza asked.

I didn't answer.

"Babe what's happening?" Leah asked.

"Bryn!" Triza shouted. "Is my husband okay?"

I wished i could answer her but i didn’t know what lied ahead of us. With what i had experienced the whole night, anything was possible. I drove as fast as I could to the hospital .We reached the hospital around 7am. Just like Olivia had said, the hospital was crowded with officers. We found Olivia in the waiting room. "How are they?" I asked.

"They are both fine thank God," she answered.

"Where is my husband?" Triza asked.

I looked at Olivia and she led her to where Floyd was. Leah wanted to sit down. We sat down and she said, "You have to get that wound checked Bryn."

"I will," I said. "It’s not even hurting."

"Still. Have it checked," she checked my ear and went on. "Tell me what happened, we thought you went to look for Floyd, what's all this?" she looked around.

"You won't believe me when I tell you," I said.

"Try me," she said holding my hand.

I told Leah everything that happened the previous night and the early morning. She just looked at me with her mouth wide open. She couldn't believe everything but when i mentioned Mrs. Dakas killing, she was speechless. Her death came as a shock to her.

A week later, she gave birth to Zoey. She brought so much joy in our lives that we forgot how shitty our life was. Now that we were three, I needed a job.

"What are you thinking about?" Floyd asked entering Zoey’s room with some tools i had asked him to bring.

"The fact that you hid it so well that you are a detective,” I laughed.

"I work undercover and I'm not supposed to tell anyone," he laughed too.

"Not even Triza?"

"Not even her," he sighed.

"So she doesn't know up to now?"

"No!"

"Then what did you tell her happened?"

"I had to fabricate a story. I hope you also did the same," he intently looked at me.

"I told my wife everything,” I said.

"What the hell man?"

"I don't withhold anything from my wife."

"Damn, she will tell her sister everything."

"Don't worry, she won't. I told her the risk. Told her you might lose your job and she doesn’t want her sister to suffer at her expense so you are safe."

"Thanks man but You have to reconsider that thing of yours telling your wife everything, " he smiled.

"I'm done with these kind of works man," I said.

"If you say so," he sat down. "Oh and by the way, there is someone outside waiting for you."

"Floyd!"

"What?"

"Why didn't you say when you got in?"

"I forgot."

I rushed outside and found Mr. White in an all-white suit. He looked at me walk to him and he composed himself. I greeted him.

"Olivia and James were saying hi," he said.

"Thanks Mr. White," I said. "To what do I owe this visit?"

"I'm sorry about MadamX. We knew how much she meant to you, it was a tragedy."

"Thanks."

"We want you back at the agency," he paused. "We could use someone like you."

I laughed.

"Serious," he said. "Mrs. Vimbuzi would have loved that especially after what happened."

"Mrs. Vimbuzi is dead sir, no offence."

"Yes. Did you know Mrs. Vimbuzi created Agency X Corp?"

"Get out of here!" I said.

"Yes, it's hers."

"That cold woman?"

"Yes."

"What do you say about the offer?"

I looked at Mr. White and heard the laughter coming from my house. My wife was happy. I didn't have a job then but I knew I wasn’t going to stay Like that. If any consolation, I was good at plumbing. Risking Leah and Zoeys lives was a no go zone. "I'm afraid I'd have to turn down that offer Mr. White, thanks anyways."

"I understand, family, Matters," he obviously heard the laughter coming from the house. "It's their safety before everything," he said.

"Well bye, see you around," I turned around.

"Bryn," he called me and handed me an envelope. "You are always an Agent," he smiled and walked to his car.

I watched him get into his car as I walked back to the house. i reached my house door, checked the envelope and it was written 'Agent BrynX' on it. I opened it and found a stack of dollars with a title deed of a house. It was Mrs. Dakas house. In her will, she gave me one of her houses. At least, i wouldn't have to worry about house rentals. I got in the house and found Floyd together with the ladies talking and laughing.

"Who was that baby?" Leah asked.

"My former boss," I said sitting down.

"What did he want?" She asked.

"He was offering me my job back."

"I hope you turned it down," she searchingly looked at me. "That job is dangerous. Look at Floyd, he's still hurt and that wound on your ear. We don't have to forget Mrs. Dakas death," she said with pain in her voice.

We were all quiet as if remembering Mrs. Dakas life. I smiled and said, "I turned it down baby. I'm not putting anyone at risk," i looked at everyone. "Now pass me my daughter," I stretched my hands. Leah handed me Zoey.

Now in any circumstance, this is supposed to be an ending. And they lived happily ever after but in this circumstance, I'm afraid there is no happily ever after. Life doesn't just let you have that happy ever after so easily. For me, this is the beginning of more shitty stuff and meeting shitty people like the dwarf and Hancy Kapito.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by queenitee(f): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hmmm, hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Remite011(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
thanks many many for the update, hope Bryn will be able to keep his mouth shut this time around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 11
Start of something new

By Brian Ngoma

The happiness Zoey brought in our life was heavenly. A year and some months old, she was a busy body in the house already, Even more active than me and Leah. Whenever i looked at Leah and Zoey, the joy i felt was inexplicable. How could i be this lucky? I was a nobody. Just a kid from the hood with a woman who saw what every woman couldn't see. I wasn't a strong beliver in God but when i looked at my wife and daughter, i believed God existed.

"Baby you have to wake up," Leah said looking at me.

I yawned and rolled over the bed. "Just five more minutes baby," I said. I felt her eyes on me and couldn't go back to sleep. Oh and one other thing, i still didnt have a job. For the whole year my daughter had been born. The first eight months, we survived on the money the agency had given us. I had planned that by the time the money would finish, i would have found something to do but No, life had other plans; to make me jobless for as long it wanted. "I'm awake baby." I said getting up.

"Sometimes i think you are not taking the job hunting seriously," she said concerned.

Why would she think that? I had dropped applications everywhere for the past months. I had used my plumbing skills whenever i could to get something for them but it didn't work. The field was just too rigid. If you are not a recognized plumber, no one dared to have you work for them. I was trying my best, God knows. "We are not going to have this converstaion again Leah," I looked at her. I could see she shifted uneasily. One thing she didn't want to do was to make me feel pressured but hell, we needed to survive and i knew she was at her wits end. "Let me take a quick bath."

I went in the bathroom and showered. Before going in, i came across the water bill on a table at the door. I knew Leah had put it there delibaretely. To remind me that the water i was bathing needed to be paid for. I was glad the house didn't need any rentals otherwise i would have committed suicide. I finished bathing and joined them in the kitchen. We had our breakfast in silence while Zoey kept playing with her food and shouting dada all the time. Leah and i could't deny the fact that Zoey made our problems look like a speck of dust. "Bye baby," I kissed her goodbye. I could see she had hopeful eyes for the day but just couldn't tell me. "I will let you know how i will go, ok?"

"Okay baby and don't forget that we are meeting my sister and her husband for lunch at Hillpark View Mall," she said.

Floyd and Triza were living the dream. Apparently, Floyd had been promoted at the station for the job well done. He took down three most wanted criminals. In short, he took down the whole operation. Anyway thats what everyone thought.

Leah and i were basically living off Floyd. Leah was afraid to tell me that her sister usually helped her because i would be hurt. It wasn't too long ago that her sister came to beg for help from me and Leah and now. How tables change. Leah knew if she had told me, i would have thrown a fit but i couldn't, even if i had to. You don't bite a hand that feeds you. I had to be humble and hustle my way out of my mess. Desperate to find a job, i found myself going back to the Agency.

For months i had been pondering about it. What i went through was a deadly experience but i survived. The hole in my ear was a reminder. What could stop me from surviving another experience? After all, Mr. White followed me to offer me my job back but i was caught up in the moment. I thought i would find a way for my family but as it stood, i didn't. I drove to the headquarters and thought i would find my way in easily since i was obviously a legend back there. I caught and beat up Mr. Imp. He was in prison because of me. The agency ought to thank me for that, at least. Why else did Mr. White give me a huge sum of money?

I reached the entrance and found a girl. Last time i came, i found a sluggish old man. Perhaps he was dead. I walked to her. She was smiling and welcoming. Things had changed. The reception looked more beautiful. It was beautifuly decorated and had two beautiful paintings on the wall. One had a waterfall on it and the other had a tiger.

"Goodmorning sir," the young lady said maintaining her smile.

"Morning," I said adjusting my tie. "This place looks beautiful."

"Thank you sir," she smiled even more showing her white teeth. "How can i help you sir?" she asked.

"Oh yes. Iam Bryn Williams, I'm here to see Mr. White," I said looking around.

"Mr. White?" she asked.

"Yes Mr. White, the manager?"

She looked confused.

"Middle aged, simple looking man but always serious and has a funny accent?"

She nodded her head in confusion.

Was she playing with me? It then hit me that Agency X Corp was a secret agency. "I worked here a year ago. I am sure you have heard of Agent BrynX," i said proudly.

"say what?" she chuckled.

I looked around. What was this all about? "Agent BrynX?" I said. "The man who took down the blackmailers?"

"Is this a prank sir?" she asked looking around. "Where are the cameras?"

"What?" i asked. "No, hell no. Come on, we are just the two of us here. I know this is the headquarters of Agency X Corp. I have worked here before," I said desparetely.

"Sir this is a Massage parlour. It's no secret agency," She laughed.

I felt weak in my knees. I turned around and saw three women sitting on some waiting chairs reading magazines. A gentleman came and called one lady from the waiting chairs. He intently looked at me and the girl at the receiption. "Everything fine Nomsa?" he asked the girl.

"All good sir," she answered. She waited for him to leave while she made herself busy and i didn't know what the hell i was doing. "Sir, like a said, im sure you have the wrong place."

That was a dismissal. I didn't need to be told to leave. "How about James and Olivia? Don't they work here?" I asked. Some part of me told me that the Agency was playing me. Maybe they wanted to see how bad i needed my job back. "They are agents too. JamesX and OlivX?"

"Sir iam calling security," she reached for the receiver.

"I am leaving sorry," I bowed my head. As soon i exited the building, i heard the women laugh. It was obvious i seemed liked a deranged person to them. How could i be talking about a secret agency and secret agents? Even mentioning Agent BrynX. I felt like a fool. Now the main question was, where the hell was Agency X Corp?

"Agent BrynX?" Floyd laughed after narrating the whole incidence to him. "You seriously told them about the X?" he couldn't stop making fun of me. "I love it when a man is desperate," he said.

"It was embarrasing man. I don't know what happened to the Agency," I sighed. "I didn't know a year was this long." I hadn't told Leah how i had gone. She thought i had a job interview somewhere in town. I didn't tell her i was visiting my old Agency. "I love my family man. It's heartbreaking not having a job. This was supposed to be a start of something new."

"I told you i could always hook you up in the force," Floyd sipped on his orange juice. Floyd had been offering to help but with my pride, i couldn't let him. I had to show him i was a man who could provide for his family without any help and i knew he knew. Hence the reason for using his wife to help my family. "Next month, we have an opening and i could squeeze you in."

Perhaps it was time to consider his offer. I couldn't continue letting pride deprive me of an opportunity. But working in the force? I never dreamt of that. Floyd used to tell me that i would make a great detective someday even though i was a chicken. The agency was my last hope at getting a job and i had nowhere to go to. "I will think about that Floyd," I said.

"Bryn!" Leah shouted running towards us. I got affrighted. She reached where i was standing with Floyd. "Zoey is missing," she said her eyes dropping tears.

My stomach turned. I felt like my bones had turned flaccid. I looked at her composing myself. "What do you mean she's missing?" I looked where Zoey was playing from and she wasn't there.

"She was playing over there with some friends while i was having a chat with Triza and the friends came saying a man in a black suit took her," she said panting.

Floyd quickly got his phone from the pocket and called the police station. Leah couldn't stop weeping. "Where is your sister?" I asked.

"She has gone to check the other side of the bulding," she responded.

"Let me follow her," Floyd ran off.

I also left Leah and went to the entrance of the mall. I called Zoey's name but there was no sign of her. While searching, i kept thinking of what could happen to me and Leah if we lose our daughter? I ran as fast as i could around the mall while shouting like a mad man. How worse can a day get? I had left my old life and this was not supposed to be happening. I had other problems and now this. I got tired running and sat on a bench panting heavily. For the first time in my life, i raised my head above and prayed. "God if you are hearing me please help me. I cannot lose Zoey now, not ever God. She's just a baby. My baby, please God help me. I will do anything you want me to do God, Amen," I said.

"Dada," Zoey called me from behind.

I turned around and saw her walking towards me smiling. She was alone. I quickly got up, carried her and hugged her tightly. I know she didn't understand why i hugged her so tight but i was glad i found her. "Where did you go?" I asked her.

She just smiled and looked away.

"You gave me a scare. You gave us all a scare." I checked her and saw that her little hand was folded as if she had something in it. "What is this baby?" I asked her. As usual, she had her bright smile on her. "Give it to dada." she unfolded her hand and passed me a business card. It read;

BLACK & WHITE SERVICES

Just like that, nothing written on it except for Black and white serivices. I heard Leah happily shouting Zoey's name while running towards us. With her, was Floyd and Triza trailing. I put the card in my back pocket and put Zoey down, She was equally happy to see her mother that she got off my tight grip. I walked behind her while looking around to see any strange man in a black suit. I didn't see anyone but mere people having fun at a mall. I kept wondering about the business card.

What is BLACK & WHITE SERVICES? I asked myself.

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 12

By Brian Ngoma

We got home that evening with our thoughts obviously in all the places. Leah didn't say anything but held Zoey in her arms like the way she did when she was born. I knew she was thinking of what she could have done had Zoey not been found. I was also thinking about that but the business card had me on the edge. Was it that Agency X Corps had changed its name? I was very sure they had seen me at their old offices and followed me. But why use my daughter? They could have just approached me and handed me the card. I didn't tell Leah about the card. Floyd knew something was up but i couldn't tell him either. What mattered was Zoey. She was found and that what was important.

"Let me take her to bed baby," Leah said. "You have to tell me how your job interview was," she left me.

Before she could come, i thought about what to tell her. I convinced myself that i would tell her that the interview was conducted and i would be called if i made the final cut. Thats what i told her and she was happy. We sat and looked at each other in bed. "You know i love you, right?" she asked.

She caught me unaware. "Yes Leah." I answered.

"I don't want you to feel pressured when i talk about you finding a job. I'm happy so long as I'm with you and Zoey. You are my life. Without you guys, i don't exist," she held my hand.

She had never been this sincere for a while and i knew she meant it. I felt exactly the same way she felt. Looking at her in that moment made me realize how far i could go for them. She was everything i ever needed.

"Make love to me," she said pulling me close. I didn't expect that. Thinking about how the day was with the minute missing of Zoey, i thought it was going to be one of those slow nights where you just reflect on life and fall asleep in each other's arms. "I'm serious babe," she said her pupils dilated.

I moved in closer and kissed her. Her lips were as soft as the day i first kissed her. Her love exposed my whole being. I became vulnerable whenever we made love and that night, she made love to me like her life depended on it.

I woke up early in the morning feeling all energetic and happy. I couldn't stop thinking about the previous night. Leah was an animal; Freak at Night. I must have been stupid because at one point i even thought that Zoey could go missing regularly so that i could have those nights more often.

I was landscaping the yard when Leah called me. She was washing the clothes we had worne the previous day. She came to me with an expressionless face and stood before me. "Why didn't you tell me?" she asked folding her arms.

My heart stopped. What did she mean? There were a lot of things i didn’t tell her. What exactly was she referring to? I had to be careful because i would rat myself out like the way i did with the discisplinary committee. I remained calm and wiped my sweat from my face and answered. "What babe?"

"That there was a business card in the trousers?" She stood still.

"Oh that?" I took in a long breath. If there is one thing i learned about women especially Leah was that they ask questions which they already know answers to. "I forgot. How can i remember when i had the greatest night of my life?" I stood up.

She smiled shyly and handed the card to me. "That card is strange. The way it's created, no one can see those numbers."

"Numbers?" I quickly took a look at the card. I didn't see the numbers. "Where are the numbers?" I asked.

"Hmm Bryn," she said annoyed. "Give it to me." She got the card, turned it upside down and faced it to the sun. "Here, come and see."

I moved closer and true, there were numbers on the Letters. "Woww! How did you see this" I asked her.

"Any fool can see the numbers," she scoffed walking away.

"I love you," i shouted.

"Whatever," she said.

I just smiled. I stopped what i was doing and went in the house. I found Zoey playing with her dolls. I carried her and went with her to the bedroom and put her on the bed. "Play!" i told her. She smiled as she picked up her dolls.

I got a torch from under my bed and sat on the bed. I torched the card and could see the numbers. Where there was B, there was an 8 underneath; L was 7; C was 0; I was 1; E was 3. That was it. Only B, L, C, I, and E had numbers. The numbers were 87013. I sat on the bed thinking about what those numbers could have meant. I had no idea whatsoever. I had reached a dead end. Perhaps it was time to call Floyd and tell him i had reconsidered.

"Dada, Halo!" Zoey was playing with my phone. She was trying to give it to me. I looked at the number again but nothing clicked. "Dada!" she called. I turned and got the phone.

I tried to dial the number but there was no response. What did i think? I put the phone and the card on table. No sooner had the phone hit the table, than it rang. My heart skipped a beat. I slowly grabbed it.

I looked at Zoey who was playing innocently. I got up and checked the windows. All i could see was Leah washing the clothes and singing her songs. "Hello," i answered. There was silence on the other side of the call. "Who is there?" I asked.

"Bryn Williams," an automated female voice answered. "Is this him?" she asked. "Confirm?"

With my heart out of place, i answered. "Yes this is him. Who am i talking to?" The phone cut. "What the hell?" I shouted angrily.

"Dada," Zoey said looking at me. She had the exact face her mother would have whenever i cussed. She was growing too fast. She had even recognized that i had cussed. Obviously she was telling me not to cuss in front of children. "Mama!" she pointed at the door.

Yes, she wasn't happy with my cussing. She threatened on telling Leah about it. "Sorry baby," i said sitting on the bed. I looked at the phone for some minutes. A text came. I quickly opened it and it read;

Go to this address in Hillpark North Central, 87013.

Was i being played? Who was this person? Was it the agency? What if this is a trap? My curiousity got the better of me. In an hour, i found myself driving to the said location. I got there and found a Hardware Shop. I stood in front of the store looking at my phone. I was getting the shop owners attention i could tell. He looked at me curiously. "To hell with this," i said turning around.

My phone rang again. It was the same number. I answered but this time a male voice answered. "Show the shop owner the text," it cut.

I hesitantly walked into the shop thinking about what happened the previous day. I was embarrassed and it couldn't repeat itself. I had to be cool. I got in and greeted him. He had a curious face on. I didn't say much but handed him the phone. I was prepared to leave right away if he started asking questions. "This way," he said. I felt relieved. I followed him to a corridor which led outside. Behind the store was a big house. "You can go in," he said returning.

I walked to the house and reached the door. Before i could knock, the door was opened and a young girl stood in front of me. "Welcome Bryn," she said. I recognized the voice from the phone call. "Come in."

I entered the house and the door was closed. Underneath, i was dead scared. What if this was my last day of being alive? I cussed my curiousity for leading me here. What was i even looking for?

"Mr. Bryn, you can enter the office," she said pointing me to a office in the house. "He's waiting for you."

"Who?" I asked.

The girl just smiled and walked away. I opened the door and entered. Unlike most offices, this office was untidy. "Hello!" I shouted. There was no one in the office. Is this a game? I asked myself. I turned around to open the door, it didn't badge. My heart started racing. Was this a trap? I banged on the door. How can i be so stupid to walk into a trap? From the start, it looked suspicious and i walked right into it.

I felt some movement above me. I didn't move. I was dead scared to even check out what it was. Within seconds, i felt something fall on my shoulders. It was a person, a small one for that Matter. I grabbed him, and threw him to the table. Looking at him clearly, he was a dwarf no wonder he felt so small in my hands. I felt like i was holding Zoey. "What is this?" I asked. "Who are you?"

He didn't say anything. The way he landed on the table, so swift and effortless. While trying to figure out what was happening, he jumped to me with a kick. It was like he was in slow motion. I watched him fly over to me with his face expressionless. I got hold of his small leg with my right hand and threw him again, this time on the floor. Again he landed like a superhero. I was becoming irritated. Whoever had sent this man didn't mean serious business. Why send a dwarf to fight a big man like me?

He clenched his fists while i looked down on him. "Don't be deceived by my height," he finally spoke.

"It talks," I laughed. "What's your deal?" I asked.

He smiled furrows forming on his face. If i had known better, that was a time i was supposed to run. Everything that happened after that devilish smile, i had no idea. The way he ran to my legs, i don't understand upto now. I just felt him in my legs punching them that i fell to my knees and we were now the same height but still i was still slightly taller than him even on my knees. What he did to make my knees so damn weak intrigued me. He looked at me and said, "You see? I told you."

"I can't fight a dwarf," I said concealing the pain. "That would be unfair to the laws of nature."

He laughed and said, "Really?" He went on. "I can kill you right now Agent BrynX."

"You know me?" I asked.

"Of course i do Agent, I'm a big fan but you have disappointed me. I thought you'd put up a good fight, such a turn down."

"I told you i don't fight dwarfs. You are too small."

"Ouch."

"Didn't mean it that way but that's the only way to say it," I shrugged.

He stepped away from me and started walking round the table. "Stand up, you look silly kneeling. You are too big to kneel like a dog."

"Who are you?" I asked standing and feeling the last surge of pain in my knees. Damn, it hurt. The dwarf sure knew where to hit me but what was his deal? Looking at him, He was as tall as Zoey only that he had an old face. His all face had wrinkles written on it. His eyes were brown and puffy and he had a big mouth, literally. Only good thing about him was the clothes he had wore they fitted him perfectly. "Why am I here?"

"87013 brought you here," i admire your curiousity. "I thought you wouldn't take the bet. Welcome to Agency Black and White. "

"Agency Black & White?" I asked curiously.

"Yes Mr. Bryn Williams," he answered. "Take a seat please," he said politely.

I sat down while i looked at him go around the table to sit aswel. He had issues getting on the chair but i bet he was used to that. "So what is this all about?" I asked after he had sat comfortably. "You sure went through a lot of trouble to get to me. Is this all part of Agency X Corps?"

He smiled and said. "No, this has nothing to do with Agency X Corps. I don't know where they are. Think of Black and White as a sister to Agency X Corps."

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"By the way, I'm Mathias 'The Dwarf' Goma," he extended his arm.

I extended mine to greet him. "Sister?" I asked.

"Yes," he smiled. "Agency X Corp was created the same time Black & White was formed. I knew the owner, Mrs. Vimbuzi," he nodded. "One tough lady that one. May her soul rest in peace."

"That's good, what am i doing here?"

"Good question Mr. Bryn. What are you doing here?" He looked at the ceiling. "I like a man who is straight forward. When i learned of Mrs. Vimbuzi's demise, i was stunned. I couldn't believe it. I also learnt about what happened. One thing that got my attention was the name Agent BrynX. Everyone was talking about it. The man who put Mr. Imp in prison. The most wanted Blackmailer. I was impressed. Ever since, i started looking for you till some weeks ago."

"What do you want Mr. Goma?" I asked.

"I want you to work for me," he said calmly.

"You almost broke my knees and you are talking about working for you?" I asked. "Are you serious?"

"That was just a technique i learnt a long time ago. I'm sure you are feeling alright. I was pampered to meet the Infamous Agent BrynX so i thought I'd test you before we talk," he said smiling.

"I told you i don't fight small people. If i wanted i would have thrown you off the window the first time you got on my shoulder," I said and went on. "Working for you, No thanks," I got up and walked to the door. I didn't know why i did that but i wasn't going to go back in this business again. I know i wanted to but i got scared when i thought of everything that happened. How dangerous it was. I got scared not only for me but for my family too.

"Agent BrynX!" he stopped me. "What if i tell you that the people you stopped were just a part of a larger underground organization? What if i tell you that your life is in grave danger as we speak now? What if i tell you that right now, your wife and daughter are being watched? Do you think you can just step on a snake and it leaves you just like that?"

The dwarf was serious. I could feel his seriousness in his voice. I stopped.

"Now i have your attention," He said huskily. "Close the door please."

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
interesting

read more love,romantic action story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by queenitee(f): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
Close the door please grin grin
Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 13
The New Job

By Brian Ngoma

Leah stood at our house door watching me get the things i had bought, out of the car. She couldn't help because Zoey was giving her a hard time crying probably hungry. "Can you imagine this girl?" she sternly looked at me. "She's been crying all noon. I just breast-fed her," she said coyly.

"Just breastfeed her again," i laughed walking past her. I saw the confusion in Leah's eyes. She was anxious and curious. The things i had bought were just too much. When i left home, i had no money. She couldn't ask but wait for me to finish. "Perhaps there is something wrong with her?" I asked touching Zoey.

"No she's fine. She's just been eating too much," Leah said tiredly. "She doesn't give me space."

"Isn't that a good thing?" I asked. I was carrying the last parcel. "Let's get in now."

"It is a good thing but I'm tired today ah," she complained. She watched me with a straight face while i sat on the couch breathing heavily. She finally saw a time to dive in. "You left in a hurry, where did you go?"

"Can't you ask me how i am?" I smiled wryly. I was thinking of what to tell her. Should i tell her the truth? I thought of the Dwarfs words. At least i had to tell her something close to the truth. That would make me feel less guilty. "I have a New Job."

"Wow," she exclaimed sarcastically. "A job that pays on the first day?" she curiously stared at me. The question gave me the chils. I had to play this intelligently. There was no need to alarm her. "Baby?" her eyes showed she needed an answer.

"Come here," i called her. She stood up and walked to me. "Bring Zoey to me," she handed me Zoey who apparently had fallen asleep from eating too much and draining her mother. "Sit beside me," i told her. She sat with a worried face searching for answers. "What kind of person wouldn't feel sympathy for a man who tells them that they have a one year old daughter and a beautiful wife they are taking care of? Wouldn’t that person help in any way they can?"

Leah searchingly looked at me. I guess i sounded melodramatic because she had that stare where she is concentrating on a character on TV spilling out the words the script instructed them to. "My new boss gave me an advance. I was straight with him. He seems understanding and didn't hesitate. I couldn't refuse, could I?" I put Leah in a corner and i was finally breathing fine.

"He seems to be a good person," she said sighing. "What kind of Job is it?"

"I'll be managing finances for his Hardware," I said proudly. "It’s not one of those small hardwares, it's a big company."

"What is the name of that same company?" she asked me her eyes brightened.

I stammered. I didn't think of that. Then i remembered the name of the camouflage hardware in front of the agency. "Goma's Hardware."

"Okay, I'm happy for you babe," she said.

I knew she was fine now and was glad that i had found a job. She leaned on me while she looked at Zoey. I could feel her breath. It was a breath of relief. A year was too much for her husband to be jobless. "I promised to take care of you and i will never fail," I said.

Me having a job meant she didn't have to stress nor ask her sister money. I was also glad because Floyd would no longer feel superior to me. "Let me prepare something for supper baby," she stood up.

"I bought pizza," I said when she stood up. "I think we might have that for dinner, what do you think?"

"All the better," she smiled and went to the kitchen. She came back with the box of pizza. "We are just eating from here, i don't have time to start washing plates."

"I'm okay with it," I said while i laid Zoey on the couch nicely. I looked at her and she was obviously in dream land. She was smiling and moving her body as if she was running. I envied her innocence. She had it all. Parents who loved her and a roof over her head. Her only worry was her mother who was denying her breast milk. "Let's eat," I said.

We ate. Later, i put Zoey to bed after Leah breast-fed her for the night. I could see how Leah was tired. After breastfeeding Zoey, she directly went to bed. I took Zoey to her bedroom which was just next to ours. She never liked sleeping with the light off. I left the room and went to the bathroom to shower. By the time i got to bed, Leah was snoring. She had a rough day and Zoey was doing her bad, in a good way.

I sat on the bed while thinking about Black & White. I got up and checked outside through the windows. I didn't see anything strange. I laid on the bed with my eyes on the ceilings. I couldn't sleep and The dwarf was the reason. What kind of person would call themselves a dwarf even if they were one? Was it a defensive mechanism he had employed to fight bullies while growing up? Even if i had a big head, i wouldnt call myself Big head. Not at all. The dwarf was exceptional, intelligent and clever. It all showed in the way he carried himself.

"So Agent BrynX, what I'm trying to say is your life has always been in danger ever since you tempered with the Blackmailers," The dwarf said looking at me closely. He's eyes were all over me searching for a point that could break me despite knowing that he had already broken me when he mentioned my wife and daughter. "The Blackmailers is a National underground organization. It's been in operation God knows for how long."

"Why haven't they come to me?" I asked. "It’s been over a year now."

"That's my question too," he nodded. "The way i know this organization, they would have struck a long time ago but what's holding them back?" he touched his head. If he had known, that was not doing me any good but making me more anxious. He seemed to know it all and the most important thing i wanted to know, he didn't know. What a bummer. "The information i have is that they have you on their watchlist and when they do that, they Don't forget."

I felt a rash of blood in my nerves. What the hell was a watchlist? I was no criminal but they were the criminals. Why would they put me on a watchlist? I shifted uneasily in the chair and Mathias noticed. "But you don't have to worry," he said assuredly.

"Meaning?" I asked.

"When you work for me, you will have my immunity, " he confidently said. "I have been in this business for too long and no one can touch me unless they want to die," he said smiling but i could feel he meant it. There was something deadly about this dirty short man. He seemed fearless. "I will protect you and your family."

For some reason, i believed him. He seemed sincere. "Work for you how?" I asked relaxing in the chair.

"What you do best," wrinkles formed on his face studying me. "Your reputation as an agent exceeds itself."

Did he know how shitty of an agent i was? He kept praising me when all i did was dodge bullets when one almost smashed my head off but instead took a part of me with it. My ear skin. "Agent? Doing what?"

"According to my sources, Agency X Corps was working to bring down the Blackmailers but since that incidence, the Agency went quiet. I personally searched for it but to no avail. I was saddened with the death of its founder and since i knew her personally, i wanted to help the agency to bring down the Blackmailers. If three Agents could have managed to bring down a major operation, what more?" he paused. "When i gave up, i started hearing about Agent BrynX. I had my people search for you. You kept a low profile. I knew one day you will go back to Agency X Corps. Before you went to the Agency, i kept tabs on you, my people found you. When Nomsa called me...."

"The receiptionist?" I interrupted him.

"Yes, she works for me too," he said. "When she called that you had gone back there, i knew you needed a job. That's how i decided to take action."

"Well that's good," i said feeling proud. "I don't know anything about the Blackmailers other than that they sucked money from people who came at that brothel," I said.

"I know you don't but there is someone who knows enough don't worry. I need your agent expertise. That's what I'm interested in," he smiled. "You have to go now, come in tomorrow morning."

I stood up and shook his hand. He reached for his drawers while he motioned me to hold on. I stood still while i looked around the office. "Here is something for you," he handed me a brown envelope.

"No i cannot accept this," i waved my hand.

"Just get it Agent BrynX," he said. "You need it. I know you have been out of work for a year now. That's really hard for a family man and by the way, my men said your little girl is adorable. Now get the money," he said with command in his voice. "With it is the job's contract."

I got the money and walked outside. I didn't find the girl i had met when coming in. I got to my car and opened the envelope. I counted the money and it was K4,000. What the heck? Who is this man?

I woke up early the following Morning . Leah was still sleeping. I checked on Zoey after finishing everything and she was still asleep like her mother. I guessed they were both tired from troubling each other the previous day. "Baby," i whispered in Leahs ear. She whined. "Have gone to work now," i kissed her goodbye. "Have left some money on the table," I left the bedroom.

Sitting across each other with the dwarf. I could see him scrutinizing me while he was going through the contract i had signed. We were waiting for the person he said knew more about the Blackmailers. It had been an hour now and i was getting impatient. "Mr. Goma," I said.

"Wait," he said.

In a split second, the door opened. "See? She's here now."

"She?" I asked turning around.

"Agent BrynX, meet Marie," The dwarf said.

Marie, the girl from the brothel. I clenched my fists.

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 14
The Blackmailers

By Brian Ngoma

Marie stood at the door with an expressionless face. She wore a navy blue dress that was way over her knees. Looking at her made me angry. I relived that night again. I remembered the deaths so clearly in my head.

She wasn't surprised to see me. She knew she would meet me that day and that irritated me. "What is she doing here?" I turned and looked at the dwarf.

"I'm sure we can talk about this," The dwarf said calmly. He walked round the table and held Maries hand and led her to a chair beside him. It was like he knew what i could do to her had she been near me. "Mr. Bryn, may you please sit down."

I could feel my heart pound. I tried to calm myself. Perhaps i was overreacting. What if i had everything wrong? I sat down intently looking at the two. "You didn't answer me, What is she doing here?"

"We have been waiting for her, haven't we?" Mathias asked getting comfortable in his big chair. "She's the one i told you who knows more about the blackmailers but from the look of things, you have met."

"I wish it was under different circumstances," Marie said.

"Like me sleeping with you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Or that," she laughed looking at the Dwarf.

"That would have been better," he added. The dwarf's face changed. I could see he was making himself look more serious. His seriousness showed in what he said next. "You two might have met under terrible circumstances but that's in the past," he stared at me making me uneasy. "Ms. Marie here," he pointed at her and went on. "Was working for the blackmailers but after the last incident, she quit. When looking for you Agent BrynX," he paused and inhaled. "I learnt that there was a girl and i used my resources to find out who that girl was and it was Marie here. It was difficult to make her work for me because she didn't want anything to do with this business at all," he looked at Marie who kept her gaze at me. "We eventually came to am agreement."

"Why are you telling me all this?" I asked.

"I'm creating a base here. A basis and a common ground where we can work together," he looked at Marie and then me. Marie nodded in agreement while i didn’t show any approval on my face. "The thing is, we all have the same enemy; The blackmailers. So instead of being on different sides, let's work together."

"I don't trust her," i said looking at Marie. "She almost killed my wife."

"It was just some sleeping pills....."

"Marie shut up!" the dwarf yelled paying no attention to her. "That i know," he said to me. "I'm not asking you to trust her but I'm asking you to work with her. As simple as that. No one needs to trust the other. Trust is as deadly as a crocodile in the river," he smiled.

Did he just shut her up? I looked at the dwarf bewildered. "Can i talk to you?" I asked him and went on. "Alone?" I looked at Marie. She got the idea and left the room. "Do you trust her?" I asked the dwarf.

He got a glass of water, sipped on it and relaxed in his chair. "Surprisingly, yes," he answered. He saw that i was disgusted. "I didn't trust her at first but hearing her story and what that Noob of a guy did to her, i felt sorry for her. She's a good girl beneath."

What beneath? Did he have an X-Ray? He had to be screwing her. Why would a man as intelligent and as clever as him talk about a hooker so articulately? She gave him the cookie and he was under a spell. I could see the grin on his face whenever he spoke her name. Mentioning her name brought a kind of glow which could only entail a man who is happily satisfied with his sexual relations. Damn, the dwarf. "I cannot trust her," I said.

"Like i said, you don't have to," he said. "She knows a lot of information that could help us get to the Main players. All I'm asking is for you to work with her, that's it Agent BrynX, " he said impatiently.

"She doesn't have to know about my private life," i said giving a Condition. "She knew my last place but she doesn't have to know about where i stay."

"That is sorted don't worry but trust me, she's not dangerous," he had that grin again. It irritated me. He was showing me how happy he was to be screwing her. That disgusted me. "Marie!" he called her back in.

She came in and sat beside him. "So we start woking?" she looked at him. He nodded his head and she reached for her handbag and grabbed the phone from it. "I'm sure Mathias briefed you on the people we are dealing with," she looked at me. They were screwing. She even refered to him informally. "So this organization has been operating for almost fifteen years. They had their humble beginnings in the 90s and it's now an international empire."

"Humble beginnings my foot," I said.

She ignored me and went on. "So they have had stations mostly in brothels where they could catch the big fish and by big fish i mean; Loaded."

"Yea i get it," I said.

"The operation our Agent BrynX blew up with his friend Floyd was just a small but important one. It burned a lot of people and Mr. Imp in prison, Agent BrynX here was put on the watch list but what everyone wonders is why hasn't he been taken down together with his friend Floyd who apparently was an undercover detective."

"Wait, how the hell do you know all this?" I asked. The dwarf didn't interfere but watched us.

"I have my sources," she answered looking at Mr. Goma for his approval to keep going. She didn't give a damn about me. "Rumor has it that Agent BrynX here will be got to as soon as the dust settle," she smiled.

That smile was a grateful smile. She wanted them to get to me. She was patiently waiting for that moment for me to be taken down. My hatred for her even grew. "So what's our job here?" I asked looking at The dwarf who seemed to be in thoughts. I admired the man. He seemed to be wise and had everything under control. I was just hate he was screwing her. He deserved better. "Mathias!" I called him.

"I heard you the first time Agent," he said thoughtful. "We get to the top man, that's who I'm interested in."

"Who is the top man?" I asked looking at Marie.

"Hancy Kapito," she answered. "That's what they call him and that's not his name."

"Hancy Kapito is our man. We take him down and the whole operation will be no more," the dwarf said confidently.

"Has anyone seen this Hancy Kapito?" I asked.

"No one has ever seen him," Marie sighed. "I worked at the brothel for three years but all we could hear was a name."

"That must have been a lot of sex," I said. "Three years. Damn!"

"Agent BrynX, be serious," The dwarf said harshly.

"I'm just saying," I shrugged.

"Not even the top men of the brothel have ever seen him," Marie continued. "Noob and Mr. Imp had no idea who Hancy Kapito is."

"That's strange," I said.

"Strange is what Black And White is all about. Agency X Corp did their part and couldn't finish the job, we are finishing it," The dwarf said assured of himself.

His fascination with Agency X Corps startled me. Whenever he mentioned His agency, he also mentioned Agency X Corps. Yes, he knew the founder, so what? There was something amiss with the dwarf.

"Recently, we have information that there is a brothel that has been opened in Hillpark South. It's on a farm and it's restricted. You cannot enter with no membership card," Marie looked at me.

"That's where Cyrus comes in," The dwarf said and dialled his phone.

In no time a young man came. "Yes sir," I recognized his voice from the call. It wasn't so automated after all. "I have the membership card with me sir," he showed it to The dwarf.

The dwarf smiled and looked at me. "Give it to Mr. Bryn," he pointed at me. Cyrus handed the membership card to me. "That's it for now Cyrus, thank you," he dismissed the young man.

I held on to the card surprised. "What do i do with this?" I asked.

"That's your membership card to the brothel for tonight," Marie smiled.

I looked at The dwarf and he looked at me nodding his head. "No one knows what's really going on in that brothel. We don't know if the blackmailers operate there so it's an easy task," Marie said.

"Easy task?"

"Yes," she said. "Just go and probably screw a hooker. They say a lot when you do them good," she said.

"I'm married," I said. "I love my wife."

"All men at these brothels are married. You will find out. Apparently their wives don't do what hookers do," she smiled.

She was enjoying this. It was obvious she missed what she used to do. Three years? No one came out sane after that. No wonder she had taken advantage of The dwarf. I pitied the old man. "What time do i go?"

"7pm. You are going with the Agency car, leave your car here. You cannot go with your car," The dwarf said. "Come on let's go," the dwarf stood up. Standing and i couldn't see him behind his table. "Follow me Agent. Marie I'm coming back," he told her.

We went outside the house to the parking lot. There, we found three cars in the garage. There was an Audi, Land Rover and a Mercedes Benz. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was this man very rich? I stared at him as he walked to the Rover. "My friends say I'm too old fashion because i got this old rover. They say i should have bought a Range Rover but you know old is Gold."

How did he fit in the cars? He was the same height as my daughter Zoey. The cars were huge and he looked like an ant underneath a mountain. He walked to a door in the garage and opened it. He surveyed it for a while and got a box. He came back to me and opened it. He removed something that looked like a vest. He gave it to me and it was stiff. In ones eyes it looked soft but in the hands very hard. "What is this vest for?" I asked holding the vest.

"I understand last time you encountered the blackmailers, there were a lot of bullets involved. That one is for your safety, it's a bulletproof vest," he answered. "Wear it all the time."

"Thanks, don't they come in different types. My wife wouldn't allow me to wear the same vest all the time," I smiled.

"With that one, she has to compromise. Danger lurks around in your line of work but never reveal what you do, you'll put her at risk."

I nodded my head. The dwarf had an authoritative type of leadership. He showed he cared but at the same time, demanded respect. I admired that in him.

Driving the Mercedes into the premises of the brothel. It was all flashy and one could tell it leaked dollars. I parked and walked to the reception and showed my membership card. Some woman directed me to a room and told me to wait. A moment later, a beautiful blonde came in with a flashy smile. This place even had white hookers, The Blackmailers were taking their operation to another level.

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 15
The Price of Gold

By Brian Ngoma

The blonde looked at me despairingly. Apparently, my membership card was a gold one. I don't know how The dwarf pulled that off but i was given the finest of wicked things. She bowed her head on the other side of the bed and asked, "Then why would you pay K15,000 if you don't want sex?"

"What did you just say?" I felt my heart pound.

"Yes, K15,000 all for what? For company?" she asked.

I couldn't fathom the fact that The Dwarf paid K15,000 knowing that i wouldn't screw her. Perhaps he wished i did but that amount was too much and all for what? Knowing if the Blackmailers were the ones operating the Brothel. I was hurt. I know i wasn't supposed to but K15,000 is a hell lot of money. I gulped and composed myself. "There are other ways you can make me happy," i said. "Of course not the weird fetishes."

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I need some information on who is operating this joint," I said carefully not to alarm her.

Unluckily, she was alarmed. "I would rather you are one of those guys for fetishes than what you are asking me for," she said.

"I just need to know who is running this place that's all," I said observing her.

"You could have asked from the reception," she looked away.

She was trying to be tough. What she didn't know was i had dealt with people like her before. Before i met Leah when life gave me a lot of lemons i would go with a couple of friends to a club and have ourselves some hookers for the night. I studied their vulnerability. They really treasured their job. It was like they had tried all else and prostitution was the only thing they had to hold on to. "Okay then, i will tell your bosses that you didn't treat me the way you are supposed to. You gave me a hard time and once he sees my membership card, i don't know what will happen to you," I said and stood up.

She jumped off to her feet and grabbed my hand. "Please don't," she begged. "What do you want to know sir?" she asked politely.

I put her in a tight corner. I acted like it wasn't all planned and sat down on the bed. "Who owns this place? Who runs it?"

"Our boss is Mr. Tembo," she said.

"Who is this Mr. Tembo?"

"A family man. Faithful to his wife obviously. All the girls here say he's impotent. He can't get it up unless with his wife."

"Does he run it alone?"

"Ofcourse not," she scoffed. "This is a company and I'm sure you know how companies operate. There is a manager, the deputy manager, the accountant etc. There is an hierarchy duh."

At least she went to school. I thought to myself. "How did you find yourself here?"

"What do you mean?" She asked. I could see she was offended. How dare i ask her about life choices. That's what not what i meant anyway, it came out wrong. "You mean how did i become a hooker?"

"No i don't care about that. Where were you working from before here?"

"I'm not allowed to disclose that," she answered scared.

I knew i had to play my game tactfully. I moved closer to her and touched her shoulder. "I won't put you in any trouble i promise." She was still quiet i could feel her shaking. "Okay don't tell me where you were before but tell me something."

"What?" she looked at me.

"Any strange things that happen around here?"

She didn't answer. She started biting her nails. She reminded me of me. I had that habit. Whenever i bit my nails, i was nervous and i knew she was nervous. "Talk to me, we are running out of time, someone might come. Don't you people work with time?"

"Every day on a Thursday, Two men come in. They sit in the lobby for a while and head to the managers office. After a while, some important clients are called to the office and the way they come out. It's horrifying. It's like they had been strapped off of all their things. Mostly the clients who go in there never return to the brothel," she said. "Nobody knows what happens."

The blackmailers. It had to be them. Who else would make someone petrified and never want to return to the land of sex. A mans dream. "Why Thursday?" I asked.

Before she could answer, there was a knock at the door. The blonde looked at me horrified. "Today is Thursday," she answered.

"Oh shit," I quickly got up. I looked at myself and was fully clothed. I told the blonde to take off her clothes and get into the beddings. She abridged. I also got naked and went under the covers. "Who is there?" I asked.

"Room service," a female voice answered.

"We are good," I responded. There was silence. She had left. I had the information i wanted. I knew with my Golden membership card, i had attracted the blackmailers. I told the blonde to wash off and promised her to never tell a soul about what happened if she kept her end of the bargain. She just nodded and i could see she was sincere. "You can leave now," I told her.

"The rule is that we leave the room together sir. At least it would show that i gave you a good time."

I didn't want to argue with her. I got myself ready and we walked hand in hand to the reception. All eyes were on us. It was obvious she was known to be a high class merchandise and being with her attracted all the attention. I'm sure they were envying me. Hands down, the blonde was top class. I could understand why she was worth K15,000. It's such a pity i didn’t do anything with her. I wondered how the dwarf would feel me using his money for just talk. That was none of my concerns. The blonde escorted me to my car. I gave her a hug and thanked her for the evening. She smiled and whispered. "Whoever you are, this path you've taken isn't worth your life but it seems you are already in too deep. If this will be helpful, find Hancy Kapito and you have the whole operation. "

Hancy Kapito again? Who the hell is Hancy Kapito? I asked myself as i got into the Mercedes-Benz. I drove to the gate. The gate was not been opened. I saw the security guard on the phone looking at me and motioned something to me. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I got off the car and walked to his small office. "What's the problem?"

"No problem sir. The manager wants to see you," he said smiling. "I'm sure he wants to give you his compliments. It won't take long, just park the car over there."

My whole conversation with the blondie ran through my mind as i knocked on the managers door. I remembered what The dwarf said about my reputation. What if someone had recognized me at the brothel? I was instructed to enter. I entered the office and could feel the fresh air. Standing on the window was Mr. Tembo. A tall dark man wearing a denim shirt and a Khaki. Too contemporary for his age. He looked old. He smiled greeting me showing off his teeth which he obviously had the dentist check up. He was all smiley. "Mr," he paused and looked at a list on his table. "Sitale," he continued.

Sitale? Me? For a moment, i wanted to turn around and check if there was someone behind me. Looking at his facial expression, he had the man he wanted and he couldn't be more happier. I had to play whatever game he was playing. "I'm sure you are Mr. Tembo," i smiled shaking his hand.

"Yes that's me, take a seat," he said politely. For a man running a brothel, he seemed so content and proud. It was like he was running a Bank of high prestige. He sat comfortably. He offered me a drink and i refused. "So Mr. Sitale, we just realized when you were leaving that you are a new client. It was impolite of us not to introduce ourselves."

The gold membership card. As expected, it raised suspicions. He acted like he was interested in me meanwhile he was interested on what i could do for him or how much i would pay for his hookers. "That's nice of you. In fact I'm in a hurry," I said looking at my watch.

"Ohh did you have a good time? The blonde is the best and with your membership card, that's what you deserve."

"Trust me, i had a good time," I grinned. "The price of gold."

"Good to hear Mr. Sitale," he stood up.

That was a sign of him acknowledging me been in a hurry. I got up aswell and shook his hand. Leaving the office, two men entered and from what the blonde told me, i knew they were being briefed about me. They couldn't show their wits on the first day i went to the Brothel. They had to wait like a hynae waits for it's meat.

"Mr. Sitale? Really?" I asked the Dwarf on the phone.

He laughed hysterically. "That wasn't me. That was Cyrus and what's wrong with the name Sitale?" he asked.

"Nothing wrong but at least you could have briefed me. What if i was caught unaware?"

"An Agent never reveals his true identity. You are lucky your agent name seems so fake that no one could even suspect there is your real name in there."

He was right. Who could suspect BrynX to be a legit name? Since when did they start making Bryns with an X. For what its worth, BrynX defined me. It defined what i did and i was proud of it. "Okay old man, see you!"

"It’s time you meet the people who pay us," he paused. "Let me send you the location. We are attending a gala. Wear a suit not that thing you are putting on."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked and he cut the line without answering. The dwarf was a douche bag. I hated his guts. That short man. Who did he think he was? Ordering me around? I received the address and specific instructions on what suit to wear and even shoes. I got angry looking at the text. The dwarf had me in his hands. He was my boss and i was his servant. Shit... But who could have thought that Hancy Kapito was at the gala?

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 16
The Gala

By Brian Ngoma

The instructions on the message were specific. The dwarf was precise. He even concluded the text with, 'This is important. Be on your best behavior.' What made him think that i wasn't going to be on my best behavior? I threw the phone on the passengers seat and drove into town. I didn't own a tuxedo and i knew getting one on short notice would be expensive. I had to rent one. I went to Smart Wears at the mall and luckily, they were still open. "I'm here to rent a tuxedo," i told the man serving me.

"Okay sir, what's the occasion? " he asked looking at me.

"A Gala," I answered. "A Charity fundraiser kind of thing and many important people." I have absolutely no idea why i went into details. I was showing off obviously and that was pretty dumb. "A gala," I said again after i saw his annoyed face. Who wouldn't be annoyed?

"Color?" He asked.

"Dark Navy please," I answered.

"Follow me," he led me to the back and told me to sit down and wait for him. I waited and after some minutes he came back with an old man with a measuring tape. "Let's take the measurements sir."

"Aren't you just supposed to ask my size?" I asked. They didn't answer me. The old man was rough. He measured me while staring at me as if i was the one who made his life miserable. He seemed angry and upset with everyone. He was in despair obviously. "That's it?" I asked him while he stood writing in a book. He didn't say a word and just walked away. "Bad customer service," I said under my breath.

"Here is the tuxedo," he came back after twenty minutes. He handed it over to me. "So it comes with a white button down shirt and a bow tie as part of the package." he said this time politely. " And wear black shoes," he looked at my shoes. I had worne brown shoes. "You can make the payment at the reception."

I paid and left the place. I drove home and reached at 7pm. I quickly went to the bedroom and put the tuxedo on the bed and rushed to the bathroom. After showering, i found Leah in the bedroom waiting for me. "Baby," I said getting my lotion.

"Whose Mercedes is that outside?" she asked. "Where is your car?"

"My car is still at work. That is my bosses," I answered carefully. I could feel her eyes on me. She needed more than the answer i gave her. It wasn't enough. Realizing that, i went on. "I had to run an errand for him and it so happened that i didn’t refuel my car, so he let me use his."

"On the first day and your boss trusts you like this?" She asked folding her arms.

"It’s not trust baby. It's work. I needed the car. The dwarf didn't mind," I said.

"The dwarf?"

"Oh snap," I said grabbing the tuxedo. "Yea that's what he calls himself. He's Mr. Goma," i laughed nervously.

"What's with this tuxedo?"

"I'm going to a gala. My boss invited me. I'll be back before midnight. Don't wait up," I answered. "Help me with the bow tie."

She walked to me and properly tied it. She even checked if i had tucked in perfectly. "You don't look like my husband," she said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I was hurt. How can she say something like that. Did i look too smart or what?

"Have a good time baby. Don't cheat on me," she said walking away.

"Baby wait," i ran to her and held her hand. "It’s just a business thing. There are a couple of people my boss wants me to meet. It's no big deal. Why would i ever cheat on you?"

"The same reason all men cheat," she frowned.

"You know me better than that," i said. "Take back your words. I'm not all men I'm your husband," i kissed her cheek. "Don't worry."

I could see her face brighten. It was as easy as that. She just needed assurance. That's one thing i loved about Leah. She would be like a child when she got jealous. She never got tired of how many times i had assured her that she will always be the only one. Everytime i told her, her face would beam up as if it was the first time. "Zoey," I asked her.

"She's just from eating, she's sleeping," she answered. "Now go you will be late."

I reached Hillpark Glamor Hotel at exactly 8pm. I parked the Mercedes next to The Dwarfs Land Rover. I found him waiting for me. "Not so bad," he looked at me getting out of the car.

"Not too bad yourself," I said. He had worn a grey Tuxedo. It looked like a baby suit but fitted him eloquently. He rocked and owned it. He had worn small black shoes which were shining i could see my face on them. He even had a haircut. "I wonder why that office is dirty," I said.

He looked at me and gave a fake laugh. "Grown people are complicated Agent BrynX," he said.

We reached the entrance and found two ladies all looking beautifully perfect. They knew what they were doing. The dwarf talked to one of them. She checked the guest list and looked at him. They talked while she looked at me. I figured the Dwarf was talking her to let me in. I was not on the guest list. "Come on Mr. Sitale," the dwarf said.

That name again. I followed him and we entered. Upon entering, we found two gentlemen chatting and drinking some wine. When they saw the dwarf, they happily greeted him with cheerful smiles. I couldn't help but wonder who the dwarf was. He called me and introduced me to the two gentlemen. "This is my new recruit," he said smiling.

The two gentlemen looked at me and looked at each other. They both nodded and greeted me. One said. "At least we know where our money is going. Do your work effectively young man. Don't mind this old man," he looked at the dwarf. "He can be a pain in the butt but he's a good man."

I kept a straight face and smiled more. "Thank you sir," I looked at them.

"Mr. Goma!" a male voice exclaimed behind us. We all turned around. "Long time," he knelt and hugged the dwarf. The two gentlemen looked at me and left us.

I watched the dwarf talk with the unknown figure. They were so happy seeing each other. It was obvious they were good friends. "Sitale," he smiled looking at me. "Come closer don't be shy." I moved closer. "This is the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance."

I stiffened. The dwarf was now scaring me. "Nice to meet you sir," I said.

"Mr. Goma told me about you Agent BrynX," The P.S said.

I looked at the dwarf.

"Don't worry, he knows. Almost everyone here knows you," the dwarf said. "These are all our clients."

"Yes you know us men," The P.S said. "We want to have fun privately Sometimes and it's pathetic when someone tries to take advantage of us. We are just men. We have needs and a little fun shouldn't hurt," he laughed. "That's where the Agency comes in. We cannot go to the police. Those people are also corrupt and there is alot of media tension around them. It's better to operate in the dark."

slowpoke of a man. How can he be talking about infidelity so proudly and justifying it? He disgusted me. I wished i could punch him in the face but i couldn't. He was my bosses boss. "We do our best sir," I said.

"Make sure you find the Blackmailers one more time and put an end to them. What you did a year ago was wonderful. We are all sure you'll do your job nicely, " The P.S said.

"We are on it," The dwarf said.

I was introduced to a lot of dignitaries i couldn't keep up. Ranging from Company owners, Managers, Members of Parliament, Permanent Secretaries, Deputy Ministers etc. It didn't need a genius to figure out how influential the dwarf was. I was tired and it was only thirty minutes to midnight. I had told Leah that i was going to be home by midnight. Earlier, the dwarf introduced me to the organisers of the gala who told me about an after party. I wasn't in the mood for partying. I thought of finding a way to desert the dwarf but i had to tell him.

A moment later, my phone rang and it was 83017. It was the office. Why could they be calling at this time of the night? And why call me? I answered it. "Hello."

"Cyrus here sir," he said. "Is Mr. Goma in your vicinity?"

I was looking at the dwarf but he was busy chatting with his friends. I couldn't disturb him. "Yes but he's held up," I answered. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine sir," he said calmly.

"Then?"

He was quiet for some seconds. "I guess i can tell you," he breathed heavily.

"Tell me what?" I asked curiously.

"Hancy Kapito is at the gala," he said.

My heart stopped. Everyone around me in my head stopped moving. I hadn't paid much attention to them since i got here but that changed. I could see their faces now. Sipping on wine, laughing and talking, staring at each other jealously, pressing their phones, talking on their phones, the whole place became still. Who was Hancy Kapito among these people?

"Are you still there sir?" Cyrus asked.

"Yes I am."

"It’s Marie who has just texted to inform me. She said she was trying to reach the boss but couldn't," he said. The dwarf had left his phone in the car. When going in, he said it's a distraction. He needed to be fully attentive to his bosses because they were all here. "Thats it sir, inform the boss."

I quickly went to the entrance and talked to the ladies who had the guest list. Since i was not that influential, they refused to show me the list threatening to throw me outside. I didn't want to cause a scene, i went back inside. I moved across the room scrutinizing anyone but it was difficult. I was looking for a person i had no idea who they were. The only thing i had was a name which everyone knew was fake. I couldn't even ask anyone. That would have been suspicious. My phone rang again, it was Cyrus. "What is it now Cyrus?"

"He's with a lady sir," Cyrus answered.

A few men came with women. It was like it was a male thing. Spotting men with women was not easy. "What's she wearing?" I asked.

"I don't know sir but that can help you," he hung up.

There was one man in particular who had a young sophisticated lady with him. He had worne a black suit and seemed to be introvert. He just watched everyone around him as if studying them and waiting to strike. That could be him. I thought to myself. I meticulously walked to where he was standing. I was two meters away from him and planning my move. I had it all planned out that i would just walk to where he had stood and greet him saying Hancy Kapito and see his reaction. I was ready. I walked to him when a lady bumped into me and threw her tray of glasses of wine on the floor. I knelt down to help her and when i looked closer, it was Agent OlivX.

"Don't say anything," she said. "That's not the man you are looking for."

"Olivia!" I whispered happily.

"Bryn behave," she said looking at the exit.

I looked up and the man was angrily looking at us. I looked back at Olivia. "How do you know?"

"Look to the exit," she said.

I looked at the exit and saw a man leaving. I didn't see his face but his back. "That's him?" I asked.

"That's where all the bet is," she said. "Lets go," she stood up and i followed her.

We got outside and saw a Limousine leaving the premises. "That's him," she pointed.

I ran to my car while she ran to hers. I got into the car and my phone rang. "Hello," I picked up.

"Your wife and child," an automated voice said and hung up.

I started the engine my heart pounding thinking about Leah and Zoey. I saw Olivias car leave the premises. She hooted on me to follow but i couldn't. Not with the call i had just received. I drove home in an adrenaline rush. I didn't even park the car nicely. I ran to the door and opened shouting Leahs name. I ran to the bedroom and couldn't find her. My body felt weak. It was 1am now. I checked Zoeys bedroom but there was nothing. "Leah!" I shouted.

My phone rang again. "Where is my wife and child?" I asked.

"Agent BrynX, don't mess with my operation," the automated voice said. "I have been in this business for too long and i won't let a shitty agent like you mess with it. Forget your mission and live your life. Accept the fact, that's how life is, we all benefit from someone's shortcomings and I'm making money from your silly employers. If they want they can stop being promiscuous, as simple as that but they don't want. It's not my fault, my job is to provide the best merchandise and they get hooked. Can you blame me?"

"Where is my family?" I asked steaming up.

"A man's vulnerability lies in that which he loves the most,"the automated voice said." Why do you put them in armsway Agent."

"Where the hell is my family?" I shouted.

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 17
Today Is The Day

By Brian Ngoma

"If anything happens to my family, i will kill you," I said.

The automated voice laughed. "Like you can Agent BrynX. Check the Kitchen," the phone cut.

I ran to the kitchen and found Leah and Zoey sited in the chair she used to use to breastfeed her. They were all fast asleep. "Baby," I woke her up.

Leah opened her eyes and smiled at me. "My love," She yawned and stretched herself.

"Yes baby," I carried Zoey off her hands. "Why sleeping in the kitchen?"

"It’s your daughter. She kept crying and only settled when we got here. I guess we all fell asleep," she yawned again.

"Let's go to the bedroom," I said checking the windows. We went to the bedroom. "Zoey is sleeping here too," I said.

She looked at me weirdly. "Okay," she said. "You will watch over her. I'm tired. How was the gala? Don't mind, tell me tomorrow," she laid on the bed.

I smiled looking at her. I laid Zoey. She stretched herself. I went in the bathroom and changed. "Olivia," I said under my breath. "Agency X Corp was still operative," I said with a grin on my face.

Looking at myself in the mirror, i felt scared. What could have happened to my wife and daughter? I took this as a warning. It was true these people were watching me. I had to be careful.

A month after the gala, my life transformed. I became more alert and my heart always had that one beat which alarmed me of any dangers. I guess it was because of my work because one slight mistake, my head could be blown up. Leah had asked me about the night of the gala. She had noticed that i was tense the whole night. She said she could hear my footsteps all night. I never slept that night. I kept watching Leah and Zoey sleeping. I couldn't bear the thought of losing them. They were my responsibility and i had to protect them. This was one of the reasons that prompted me to sell the house and move into a more safe neighborhood. We bought a house the same street Triza and her husband Floyd were living in. Triza was deliriously happy that her therapists were now within her vicinity. At least i felt safe whenever i was away because that's what usually happened.

The mission to catch the blackmailers proved to be futile time and time again. I'm sure our bosses were now getting pissed off because in that same month, three of them were blackmailed. This didn't look good on us especially the dwarf. The dwarf had called me the morning after the gala.

"You left without telling me," he had said.

"I'll tell you when i get to the office," I had said cutting the call.

When i got to the office, i found him waiting for me. He was upset with me but after telling him what happened, i could see his face sympathized with me especially after mentioning the part of the call threatening to harm my family. We got the number that called me and tried to trace it but it was a burner phone.

"These bastards," the dwarf had yelled angrily. He paced around the office looking at the logo of Black and White thoughtfully. "You know it seems like these people know each and every move we make."

I didn't say anything but waited for him to calm down because i had news to break to him. I didn't know how he would take it. Surprisingly, after telling him about Agency X Corp still being operational, he didn't act surprised. He just said we were the biggest enemy to the blackmailers because we had a lot of clients.

A few days later, the dwarf called me in his office. Entering the office, he was on the phone. I sat in the chair and waited for him to finish talking. After he was done, he wore a sad face. What could have happened? He sat down and handed me a picture. "Know her?" he had asked.

"Yes," I had answered. "This is Agent OlivX." I didn't know what the whole essence of that was until he showed me another pic.

"This is the same woman," he had said with a sad face.

I grabbed the picture and it was the face of Olivia disfigured i couldn't identify her. She was badly bruised and cut all over that pretty face. I couldn't believe how cruel people can be. I didn't say a word. I had figured that while she chased Hancy Kapito, she got in a showdown with him and brutally met her fate. It was terrible to think of it that way. Where was James? I'm sure he was now curled up in a room sobbing and blaming himself for the death of his girlfriend.

"We have to be careful now," The dwarf had said. "Don't worry, I'll have someone watch over your wife and child 24/7."

"Thank you very much sir," I had said grateful. "Where is Marie?"

For the first time, when i mentioned Maries name, the dwarf seemed sad. I wondered but couldn't put the pieces together till i saw the tension that was building between them. Was she denying him the cookie? Usually, when a man stops getting some from a lady, he becomes bitter towards her. That's what started happening, they would disagree on almost everything and she would end up storming out of his office. I didn't ask him. I would always wait for him to tell me but damn, that bastard never said anything to me. He would just act like i hadn't seen everything. I still didn't trust Marie at all. With all the tension between her and the boss, i just wished he could fire her. She made my heart pound everytime we were in the same room. She had that negative vibe on her. I could see she was on to something but couldn't figure out what it was till it was too late, well according to me.

"Are you there?" The dwarf asked.

"Yes," i answered parking outside the brothel in Hillpark South. I breathed heavily and looked myself in the mirror feeling nervous and on the edge.

"Today is the day," the dwarf said excited. "Let's get these bastards. A month has been enough, today we end things," he added. There was some excitement in his voice. He was pretty sure that everything was going to end that day. "I rely on you Agent BrynX, do your work and come to the office afterwards," he cut the line.

I sat in the car for about twenty minutes thinking about the plan. Marie had information that today, they were going to blackmail me. Mr. Sitale anyway. Thats what i was known to them. The plan was to let them take me into the office and ask me for money threatening they will publicize my private life and whilst at it, they won't find anything they can pin on me. Instead, all they will find was that Mr. Sitale was a degenerate gambler, alcoholic, had no family and pretty rich. I would then lead them to a safe at my alleged house which the dwarf had arranged for me. Whilst there, the dwarfs other secret men would come to my aid and we would abduct those men and question them.

The plan made me really nervous. What if it would not work? That meant my brains would be blown out. Last time,my ear was left with a hole in it. I couldn't afford to die, i shook to the core. I thought about Leah and the conversation we had in the morning.

"You seem to be enjoying your work," she had said looking at me with her usual straight face.

"Yes I'm enjoying," I had said. "It’s interesting. I now feel adequate. I can provide for my family. I don't have to worry about anything. "

"We are happy," she said. "We have always been happy. I don't know what we could do without you. Me and Zoey."

That stung a little. I thought of me not being around my family. Zoey growing up with no father and my wife probably getting married again and Zoey calling someone dad instead of me. I felt jealous. They were mine and i had to grow old with them. "I'm not going anywhere, " i told her.

"I know you are not," she smiled."Now hurry up. I hope you didn't wear that black vest of yours.You know how much i hate it and it really bothers me that you wear it all the time. You have a lot of vests."

Now sitting in the car smiling at that conversation with Leah, i even loved her more. I got into the brothel and everything went as planned. I was taken to Mr. Tembos office and those two thugs came in. They threatened me while Mr. Tembo checked my background information. He was stunned at how rich Mr. Sitale was. They had scored a jackpot. I told them about the money at the house and they agreed to go with me. They drove behind me and i was excited that we were finally cornering them till their car stopped. I couldn't see what was happening in the car but it made a U-turn and drove back. I lost heart and called the dwarf. "I don't know what's happening," I said.

"Come back here now," the dwarf said urgently. I could hear the urgency in his voice. Something was wrong. My stomach felt sick. "Now Agent BrynX," he yelled.

I drove the car to the Agency hurriedly with my heart pounding. After parking, i ran to his office. I knocked but there was no sign of me to enter. I followed my guts and kicked the door. What i found was no surprise at all, i had expected it from day one. It was Marie pointing the gun at the dwarf. She had betrayed us, that wench. "What's happening?" I asked looking at the both of them.

"You were right Agent BrynX," the dwarf said regretful.

"Close the door Bryn, " Marie said still pointing the gun at The dwarf.

I closed the door. "I knew i couldn't trust you," I said.

"You ignored your instincts," she laughed. She had that evil laugh from the movies. For a moment i thought she was imitating one of those characters. She thought she was in a movie because of a gun she held in her hand. "Close the door and move to this side," she ordered me.

I slowly moved and stood before the window. The dwarfs face was miserable. It was filled with remorse. I was pretty sure he was thinking about the first day i told him i didn’t trust her. "So it's you?" I asked.

"Yes, i tipped those guys not to follow you. I told them it was a plan and you are Agent BrynX," she smiled. "At first they fell for your plan," she looked at the dwarf. "It’s sad that you would never know who Hancy Kapito is."

"The gala?" The dwarf asked.

"Yes he was there and he was watching you all the time," Marie said. "So here is the thing, i have been ordered to kill you both."

"You LovePeddler," I said angrily stepping towards her.

"Don't move Agent," she yelled stepping back.

In that moment i wished i knew some kind of Kunfu or Karate because i could have just acrobatically thrown myself at her and beat her up. Now with no combat skills whatsoever and her holding a gun, i was at a disadvantage. I thought of negotiating with her. I looked at the dwarf and he looked sick. He couldn't even speak. It must have been terrible to be betrayed by your lover. Someone he shared his soul with. It sucks. "Marie we can talk about this," i said.

She just looked at me and the next thing i heard was a gunshot. The dwarf was knocked out. I couldn't even see him. "Jesus," I shouted. "You shot him?" I looked at her terrified. The LovePeddler is serious.

"You think I'm playing. Hancy Kapito is too powerful to be taken down especially by you. You thought you could take him down?" she asked me.

"Mathias!" I shouted. I couldn't see the dwarf. He was laying on the other side of the table and him being too short, not even a leg could be seen. "He trusted you."

"That was foolish of him," she pointed the gun at me aiming for my head. I was done for. That was it. My precious life coming to an end. How tragic. "You irritate me you know?" she asked.

"Yes i know," I responded looking around.

"You think you are all that. Because you have a small pretty family you think you are better than us. You even judge us because we led a different life compared to your perfect life. Some of us had to survive and to survive we had to do nasty things. You cannot get that," she paused. "All along have been working for Hancy Kapito and this man thought i stopped, " she looked at the dwarf. At the time, i didn’t know if it was a corpse or body because i didn’t know whether he was dead or alive. "When i met you at the brothel a year ago, i knew you couldn't be one of those guys. I could tell you were a family man."

"Get it over with slut," I said.

"Oh, the cat is now out of the bag," she laughed hysterically. "Okay Bryn." She pulled the trigger and bang.

My chest felt like it had broken into pieces. That hurt more than a heartbreak. The bullet was powerful that it dragged and pushed me out of the window falling to the other side. I felt my head hit the dirt and my face was buried in it. The excruciating pain on my chest made me beg to die. In that moment, life flashed in my face. Surprisingly, i didn't feel sad but happy. I had done what i could and my family would no longer be in danger. I was going to be out of the way. Me being alive meant that they had to live their life in danger. I felt relieved as the pain surged across all parts of my body. It was time to go. I closed my eyes. Oh they were covered with dirt, i couldn't close them, they were already closed. At least i would die a happy man.

To be continued

Re: AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
Agent BrynX - Episode 18
Tough Son Of a Gun

By Brian Ngoma

"Don't look at me like that, I can see you," Leah had said earlier that day. "You know i don't like that vest. It's ugly," she frowned.

"I get you baby, you have been whining about it since forever," I had said staring at her. Her facial expression said it all. She had had it. It was time to get rid of it or get a new one but the dwarf had said to wear it all the time. Damn. "Okay let me just wear it one more time and you'll never see it again."

She just nodded without even looking at me. She had washed her hands out of it. She didn't even want to look at me. "Do whatever pleases you Bryn," She carried Zoey.

"Just one more time," I smiled. "I love you. Bye now."

Ouch! I opened my eyes and felt the dirt in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes while rolling my body to my back. I laid for a moment breathing heavily looking at the window i had just fell from. It was all wrecked up with the pieces of it with me on the ground. I tilted my neck to check where i had been shot. I unbuttoned my shirt and there was the bullet; Stuck on the vest. "This thing sure hurts," I complained trying to put it out. I couldn't manage. I was too weak to stand up. I just laid there thanking the heavens for the vest The dwarf had given me. Had it not been for it, i could have been dead. Marie betrayed us and the dwarf trusted her. "The dwarf!" I shouted gathering my strength to stand up. I finally managed and ran around to the entrance. I wondered where Cyrus and the girl were. I ran to the dwarf but found him laying like he had been dag into the ground with his buttocks vertically positioned. I couldn't bear the sight. I knelt down. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't see my phone.

Mathias's office was a mess as usual. Everything was out of place. Papers every where. One thing caught my attention. A small shiny box under his table. I reached for it and grabbed it. It was designed like those old briefcases that had combinations. It was beautifully custom designed. I tried to open it but failed. It was obvious it needed a combination. I didn't have time to start thinking about combinations. I put it down. Then again, why was it hidden? I took it again and thought about numbers. It needed five numbers. I thought about what The dwarf could put as his password on this case. Fortunately, the first number i thought of was 87013. It opened. There were a ton of pictures and documents. I got one picture and saw the Dwarf with Mrs Vimbuzi. The dwarf was in a suit and Mrs. Vimbuzi in a wedding dress.

I looked at the Dwarf on the floor and got more confused. I checked the other photos and it was there wedding. On one photo, was a date 3/10/87. The dwarf and Cold toilet. Who could have thought? I started laughing as i checked more photos. It was insane. I got one of the documents and it was a divorce agreement from 18 years ago. Wow, the dwarf and cold toilet. I remembered what he said about Black and White Agency to be a sister agency to Agency X Corps. I now got the picture. That's the reason he talked about Agency X Corp whenever he mentioned Black and white Agency. It was sad he was dead too, so i thought.

"Bryn!" The dwarf shouted faintly. "Here," He said.

How glad i was to hear his voice. I put the box away and quickly crawled to his aid and found him laying on his back. Upon seeing me, he smiled. "Tough son of a gun," he said.

"It’s the vest you gave me," I knelt down and held him and since he was as big as Zoey, i held him like a baby.

"She betrayed us," he said with hate in his voice.

This was not a time to start saying i told you so. He was hurting and i could see his body and soul were crashed. "Let me take you to the hospital," I said trying to check his wound.

"No, don't touch it, it hurts," he complained bitterly. "And i didn’t wear my vest today. Stupid me," he nodded his head looking at the opened shiny box on the floor. "You opened it?"

"Yes i did. You and Mrs. Vimbuzi?"

"Yes Agent BrynX, we were once married but like all good things come to an end, we got divorced," he said. "Ouch, it hurts!"

"Let us go to the hospital," I tried to stand up.

"No. Marie is meeting up with Hancy Kapito as we are speaking right now, go after her," he directly looked me in the eyes. I was confused. What kind of man would think about his enemy when he's in pain. "I had Cyrus put a GPs tracker on her car, get my phone and track her," he got his phone and handed it over to me. "See that app named Black and White Tracker, that's the one. Follow her," he pushed me.

I got up looking at him while the phone was in my hands. The dwarf was one sick little bastard. "How about you?" I asked him.

"Cyrus and the girl will take me to the hospital, " he answered.

"Where are they?"

"Upstairs, probably hiding," he chuckled and pressed a button under his table.

A moment later, Cyrus and the girl rushed in looking petrified. I watched them run to him carrying him to the table. Boy was he small. "Go sir, we'll take care of Mr. Goma," Cyrus said.

I left the house and ran to the car. It was time to drive the Land rover. I got on it and left the compound. I turned on the GPs tracker and found that even my car was bugged. I found Maries car. It was not in motion. I drove at a speed so fast that i almost hit another car. The dwarfs cars had phones in them, i called Leah. "Hello Leah." There was silence. "Hello baby it's me."

"Hey babe. I got scared. Whose line is this?" She asked.

"It's Work's babe,.. How are you holding up?" I asked.

"Fine. We just miss you. I had a strange feeling and thought something had happened to you. Tried calling you but your phone is off, Is everything alright?"

"I forgot my phone at the office, I'm running an errand in town," I said. I had reached where Maries car was parked. It was at a famous restaurant in town. Only the big bosses afforded that place. I knew she was with Hancy Kapito in there or at least someone who could lead me to him. "Baby i have to go," i told Leah.

"Come back home safely, I love you," She said.

"Hold that thought," I smiled and cut the call.

I checked the time, it was 7:34pm. I waited for about an hour when Marie came out of the restaurant. She was with one of the thugs from the brothel. They stood talking and looking around suspiciously. I had parked the rover where it was impossible to be seen. The gentleman started moving but not towards Maries car. She followed him to what seemed like his car. Looking at the car clearly, it was the Limousine i had seen from the night of the gala. The same one Agent OlivX had chased. Marie and the gentleman got into the Limousine. I expected it to start off but it didn't. I was determined to wait. Eventually it started moving and i followed meticulously.

I called at the office to check on the dwarf but no one answered. I assumed they were at the hospital. The Limousine had left town and we were heading North of Hillpark. Luckily, there were some other cars on the road. It didn't seem obvious i was following the Limousine. It made a turn into a dust road and i didn’t turn. I parked the rover and started following walking. My guts told me wherever the Limousine was headed to, it was getting closer. I ran following it's trail and i got to another brothel. A peculiar thing about this brothel was that it wasn't loaded like the others. There were only two cars parked together with the Limousine. I went to the Limousine and checked it. As i turned, a gun clicked behind me.

"Don't move," a male voice dictated. "Put your hands in the air and turn around.

I did as told and turned around. It was the thug who had come with Marie. "Start walking, " he said.

I started walking feeling the gun behind my back. I reached the entrance of the brothel and stood not knowing what to do. "Enter!" he shouted.

Entering the brothel, i saw three men chatting at the reception. They didn't mind me. As soon as they saw me, they turned their heads away. I looked back and the thug motioned me to take a right turn. I walked to a corridor leading to a number of rooms.

"Keep moving," he said behind me.

"I don't know know where I'm going," I said.

"Open the door to your right," he said.

I opened the door and entered. As i entered, i found Marie. It was as if she expected me. She didn't say a word but nod. The door closed behind me. "Where is Hancy Kapito?" I asked.

"Sit down!" the thug said.

I sat down looking at Marie. "Where is he?"

"Who said it's a he?" a female voice asked while the door opened. It was a familiar voice. Marie looked at me as she was also in awe. The thug didn’t move a muscle. "Hello Agent BrynX."

I turned around and saw Mrs. Vimbuzi entering the room. Trailing her was Noob. "Mrs. Vimbuz!" I shouted. "How?"

"Agent BrynX!" she exclaimed. "You never give up, do you? I underestimated you."

"Where is Hancy Kapito?" I asked. "Aren't you both supposed to be dead?" I looked at her and Noob.

She smiled and looked at Noob. "We didn't die, you are not seeing ghosts. Me and are Noob are here," she touched Noobs shoulder. "Poor thing can't talk anymore, you and your friend destroyed his vocal cords."

"Noob shot you," I said aback.

"That's what i made you think," she laughed. "And who is this pretty girl?" she turned to Marie.

"The girl i told you about Ma'am," the thug answered. "She's been of great help."

"I see," she said turning to me.

"Where Is Hancy Kapito?" I asked.

"I'm Hancy Kapito. It's so funny how everyone thought i was a man," she laughed inordinately.

"Why? How?" I looked at Marie who was equally shocked.

To be continued

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bring The Sugar And Not The Junks (an Allegory By Akintayo Akinjide) / Story: Tittled Neighbourhood / Blood Money - A True Story Of Money Rituals....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 519
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.