Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Jehovah Witness - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jehovah Witness (4029 Views)

My Experience With Jehovah Witness Girl Today, See Dressing (picture) / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? / Is This True About Jehovah Witness Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2010
if she dont wanna come to mine, then case closed, who loss, me or she? cos i will never go to her own church undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness by ice234: 8:34am On Sep 26, 2010
y wouldnt a girl go to her husband's church. all these arguement tire me oh
Re: Jehovah Witness by derolly(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2010
American25:

Marriage is a personal decision one has to make. Jehovah Witnesses are NOT allowed to attend another church. It is an offense if caught. Marriage is for life. The only solution for remarriage is that of adultery or death of a spouse. Here is some scriptural facts as follows:

1Cor. 7: 39--Marry only in the Lord

This means that a baptized servant of Jehovah should marry a fellow worshiper. They study God's Word and do family study together. This strengthens the marriage and makes it easy to manage family problems. There is no compatibility if a Witness marries an unbeliever, be they church goers, Muslims, and idol worshipers. Because the two have antipodal or opposing beliefs and ways of life.

Gal. 6:4,5--Each one will carry his own load

We should not compare ourselves with the other person. Each one's circumstances differs. We should think before making decisions. Because our decisions can have beneficial or adverse results. And they may be irreversible. Whatever decision we make, we should be ready to live with it whether for good or bad.

Gal. 6:7--We reap what we sow

Some Witnesses have disobeyed Jehovah's laws and are reaping the sad results. With regard to marriage, I know Witnesses who married outside the organization for different reasons but who experienced things shocking to relate in their marriage. It means that there is "punishment" for anyone who disobeys Jehovah's laws.

PS. Any Nigerians or Americans who are Jehovah Witnesses in this forum that would like to share testimony?
PLS could u elaborate more specifically on the nature of the bad results u mentioned?
And what's "jehovah's law"? ( i mean isĀ  there any law in the bible that states one shouldn't marry from other religion)-just curious-
i perceive u re a jehovah witness member coz u all sound similar and likewise give bible quotation that is not quite in sync or related to wateva u intend to prove-just curious to knw more like i said no offense intended-
Re: Jehovah Witness by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2010
ice234:

y wouldnt a girl go to her husband's church. all these arguement tire me oh
i tire o undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness by ice234: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2010
it up to them sha but my wife must coe to my church sha
Re: Jehovah Witness by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2010
^^ got a situation when i was befriending one b4, she told me if i wanna marry her i must be a member of her church, see me see wahala, i thought this world is freedom of movement, which one be say make i come join her church again, na who wan even marry am self when she dey talk of marriage?
Re: Jehovah Witness by ice234: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2010
are u sure the babe no dey go white garment. guy run oh
Re: Jehovah Witness by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2010
^^ that was back then, i aint the type that waste time in bullshitting someone if the person talks offline
Re: Jehovah Witness by ice234: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2010
make sense
Re: Jehovah Witness by jobejobe(m): 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2010
there's a lot of discrimination dis dayz among 'CULTS/RELIGIOUS GROUPS' if dey love each other, let them proceed and God would bless dem. America25, do u know d history of Jewy? a story bout a set of gentlemen in Brooklyn setting it up and telling u guys aw to live ur lives.watever they feel is right is wat they impose on u, nothing bad will happen to anyone who happens to marry outside ur meetings, d God I serve through his son Jesus isn't a mean God, he is an ALL merciful father, slow to anger, maybe dats not in ur version of bible, but its in mine, cool

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness by American25: 3:21am On Sep 27, 2010
<PLS could u elaborate more specifically on the nature of the bad results u mentioned?
And what's "jehovah's law"? ( i mean is there any law in the bible that states one shouldn't marry from other religion)-just curious-
i perceive u re a jehovah witness member coz u all sound similar and likewise give bible quotation that is not quite in sync or related to wateva u intend to prove-just curious to knw more like i said no offense intended->

The scriptures quoted mean the same thing, no matter what Bible you are using. Go and read your Bible. Marriage is a personal matter as I had mentioned before. No matter which religion you marry, you have to live with the results whether good or bad. Its only advisable that one marries within their own religion, but not a must. The Bible advises that we should marry only in the Lord.
Re: Jehovah Witness by ice234: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2010
donot be found in the company of the unrightous.
pls i need to know where the bible said we should not marry from another church/religion
Re: Jehovah Witness by exolve(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2010
no problem in that undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness by DARLINLOV: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2010
Well i concur wit America- after readin dos scriptures he cited,i think its safer if they marry only themself. I quickly read how God dealt wit d isrealite of old,he told them not 2 marry 4rm d suroundin nation,and it help 2 avoid infiltration in2 their worship.so lets not judge them. Each one wil carry his own load. Cheers
Re: Jehovah Witness by derolly(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^^bullcrap angry angry
Perhaps u shld go and read about their history and know hw such madness was formed including their predictable failures b4 drawing conclusion
Those quotation have nothing to do with marriage concerning jehovah witnesses perhaps u shld read from the begining and know where that is attributed to~
They shld go and get there own planet if they dont want to inter-marry
Am pretty sure this aint the 1st and wont be the last, things like these will keep occuring for generations to come.
Re: Jehovah Witness by Teejayz(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
so person fit kpansh JH CHICKS, VIC23 thanks dude from hence4th i will start listening to their preachings
Re: Jehovah Witness by American25: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
DARLIN LOVE, thanks for your comment, but I am a she.

<They shld go and get there own planet if they dont want to inter-marry
Am pretty sure this aint the 1st and wont be the last, things like these will keep occuring for generations to come. >

The last time I was in Nija, most couples I see go to the same church, etc, Hence, Catholic marries Catholic or a converts to Catholic. Most Igbos marry Igbos, Yorubas marry Yorubas. Do you want me to go further? However, it is not against the Bible for one to marry an unbeliever.
Re: Jehovah Witness by mitchyy(f): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
Everyone is entitled to his/her own decision.
If she doesn't want to marry you because ure from a different religion then let her be.
It wouldn't be nice if u wake up on sunday morning and u and ur family go to seperate churches. Most jehovah's witnesses hold their faith strongly.
Re: Jehovah Witness by sistawoman: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
American25:

Marriage is a personal decision one has to make. Jehovah Witnesses are NOT allowed to attend another church. It is an offense if caught. Marriage is for life. The only solution for remarriage is that of adultery or death of a spouse. Here is some scriptural facts as follows:

1Cor. 7: 39--Marry only in the Lord

This means that a baptized servant of Jehovah should marry a fellow worshiper. They study God's Word and do family study together. This strengthens the marriage and makes it easy to manage family problems. There is no compatibility if a Witness marries an unbeliever, be they church goers, Muslims, and idol worshipers. Because the two have antipodal or opposing beliefs and ways of life.

Gal. 6:4,5--Each one will carry his own load

We should not compare ourselves with the other person. Each one's circumstances differs. We should think before making decisions. Because our decisions can have beneficial or adverse results. And they may be irreversible. Whatever decision we make, we should be ready to live with it whether for good or bad.

Gal. 6:7--We reap what we sow

Some Witnesses have disobeyed Jehovah's laws and are reaping the sad results. With regard to marriage, I know Witnesses who married outside the organization for different reasons but who experienced things shocking to relate in their marriage. It means that there is "punishment" for anyone who disobeys Jehovah's laws.

PS. Any Nigerians or Americans who are Jehovah Witnesses in this forum that would like to share testimony?

Not a Jehovah Witness but was rased as one. . . . . you are correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is It That Wowo Girls In Naija Are So Full Of Themselves / Would You Compromise Your Happiness For The Success Of Your Relationship? / Let's Solve The "Husband Scarcity" Syndrome.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.