Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,816 members, 7,976,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:26 PM

MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals (12049 Views)

MTN Offers 575m Shares At N169 Per Share To The Public / The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria / What Does 50kobo Share At 12 Naira Per Share Mean In Simple English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by MobilityExpress: 6:49am On May 20, 2019
semyman:
Run for your life now that you can still, pastors are criminals

grin chai!
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by daddytime(m): 6:51am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Only a matter of time grin MMM part 2 loading

Wetin banks do me mid 2000s I no go forget. Still got some of the worthless shares at hand.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by 9jaRealist: 6:56am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Why buy now? When the hype is over and the dynamics of the Nigerian economic system sets in, share price will crash and adjust to reality. Then MTN owners and their federal government collaborators would be richer and many Nigerians would have lost billions of naira in value of their shares. For now, the Nigerian Stock Exchange is just another MMM. Watch and Pray lest ye fall into temptation bad investments grin. I just hope MTN shares won't be like MTN data that disappears faster than mosquitoes at night grin

While markets fluctuate, MTN is a pretty sound business (and one with a solid financial track record)...

Meanwhile, most stocks on the Nigerian Stock Exchange are actually UNDERVALUED, which is why most of the holdings in the Nigerian bourse are by foreign portfolio investors (followed by domestic institutional investors, and a small corps of retail investors). The only problem is that such “hot money” (ie, foreign portfolio investment) rarely play the long game and their rapid ingress and egress exacerbates market volatility.
>

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by MobilityExpress: 7:00am On May 20, 2019
daddytime:

Wetin banks do me mid 2000s I no go forget. Still got some of the worthless shares at hand.

Exactly, if it can happen with banks, then which yeye shares is safe? If it's not shares of multinational oil companies like Mobil, Total, or FMCG like Nestle, Nigerian Breweries, or government-backed Monopoly like Dangote Sugar etc, then forgerrit, you're playing kalo kalo with your money. Tomorrow now, you will hear, because MTN did not do something something or MTN did something something, NCC fines them fresh $4billion, then share prices will crash grin. Nigerian Stock Exchange = computerized baba ijebu grin. Many people have been burnt badly. Only few achieved. The system is bad and the country's economic blueprint is unreliable. The best investment so far in Nigeria is property. Real estate owners are the real MVPs of investment profit making in this country

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by MobilityExpress: 7:04am On May 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

While markets fluctuate, MTN is a pretty sound business (and one with a solid financial track record)...

Meanwhile, most stocks on the Nigerian Stock Exchange are actually UNDERVALUED, which is why most of the holdings in the Nigerian bourse are by foreign portfolio investors (followed domestic institutional investors, and a very small corps of retail investors). The only problem is that such “hot money” (ie, foreign portfolio investment) rarely play the long game and their rapid ingress and egress exacerbates market volatility.
>

You're right and I don't have a problem with MTN as a company. My concern is with the Nigerian economic system. It's a wild economic jungle out ere. Only the strong lucky survive lipsrsealed
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Bluntemperor: 7:05am On May 20, 2019
welldone MTN for coming to the Capital Market.
if care is not taking,MTN Shares will likely be like Nestle Shares-scarce from day one.
Investigators, it's time to invade the Market.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by klas(m): 7:10am On May 20, 2019
Olutala:
I hope they will invest the profits on boosting their services and reduce tarrifs.

No.
Not a single kobo of the share sale is going to the company. The shares are being sold by the existing shareholders, so they are the ones to reap the full benefits of their investments.

However, in future, if the company make a public offer, then, the proceeds of that offer go to the company.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Spatta: 7:21am On May 20, 2019
owolabi5:
This MTN shares I tire o!

I placed order with my broker since Thursday not even a single unit to buy. Retail investors are been ignored until it becomes heavily over priced then dumping will start.

Meanwhile

For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please call: 08033539981 or 08182880902. Thanks

If Nigeria was working, People like you aught to be arrested, you are part of the saboteurs who steal from Nigeria while bypassing proper way of getting things done. a Good government can arrest you with the information you put up. why should anyone call your number for Plate number or registration. You are one of the spot in the crumbled system called Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Oceannaagent: 7:24am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Exactly, if it can happen with banks, then which yeye shares is safe? If it's not shares of multinational oil companies like Mobil, Total, or FMCG like Nestle, Nigerian Breweries, or government-backed Monopoly like Dangote Sugar etc, then forgerrit, you're playing kalo kalo with your money. Tomorrow now, you will hear, because MTN did not do something something or MTN did something something, NCC fines them fresh $4billion, then share prices will crash grin. Nigerian Stock Exchange = computerized baba ijebu grin. Many people have been burnt badly. Only few achieved. The system is bad and the country's economic blueprint is unreliable. The best investment so far in Nigeria is property. Real estate owners are the real MVPs of investment profit making in this country
I Support this assertion

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by spokesboy: 7:34am On May 20, 2019
Ok
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by daddytime(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Succinct.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Adiwana: 7:38am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Speaking from the point of a real life investor to come to the conclusion that land is best form of investment or just you sitting down and typing that??
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by owolabi5: 7:42am On May 20, 2019
Spatta:

If Nigeria was working, People like you aught to be arrested, you are part of the saboteurs who steal from Nigeria while bypassing proper way of getting things done. a Good government can arrest you with the information you put up. why should anyone call your number for Plate number or registration. You are one of the crumbled system called Nigeria

When you become successful enough to buy a car, you will definitely have less time for some things and out source some basic things like polishing your shoes and washing your clothes.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by cardoctor(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2019
I'm sure there won't be any share left for me to buy after this mad rush.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by MzTunechi(f): 8:10am On May 20, 2019
iykebest1:
I need a stock broker asap
I need also
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by ppogba: 8:21am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

You're right and I don't have a problem with MTN as a company. My concern is with the Nigerian economic system. It's a wild economic jungle out ere. Only the strong lucky survive lipsrsealed

Kudos!'

You know what you are talking about.

I jokingly asked my stockbroker on Friday and she confirmed to me that the units traded on the 1st day were done without the brokers (specifically thru the backdoor by the Mafia).

Like you said, the economic realities will soon set in and most importantly, the mafia will soon download the units they have after making 30-40 % for gullible you and I to scramble over.

Dangote Flour 2 weeks ago is a case in mind.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by greatcrown: 8:24am On May 20, 2019
I hope people buying this share will not regret it at the end.

What is the basis for buy other than sentiment?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Rick9(m): 8:25am On May 20, 2019
Run with ur money oh

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by 4gunners(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2019
Experience guys in the house. Pls, my dad some share more than 10yrs ago, and then dividends is not encouraging at all(imagine #350 let year). How can he gets back his money, even if it is the cost uncured to purchase the shares.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Horus(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by ceasare: 9:27am On May 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Why buy now? When the hype is over and the dynamics of the Nigerian economic system sets in, share price will crash and adjust to reality. Then MTN owners and their federal government collaborators would be richer and many Nigerians would have lost billions of naira in value of their shares. For now, the Nigerian Stock Exchange is just another MMM. Watch and Pray lest ye fall into temptation bad investments grin. I just hope MTN shares profits won't be like MTN data that disappears faster than mosquitoes at night grin

If only d nigerian investors are enlightened!!! They would see d underhand dealings of the quoted companies and the regulator's in cheating d gullible.dynamics of d market will drop the real value of d stock with time .now it's still early to knw if theirs some price manipulation or not.we r watching no b today.nigerias rich robbing d poor legitimately.those who want to buy should go ahead this is js my opinion and it's nobody's

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by iykebest1(m): 2:46pm On May 20, 2019
Definetech56:

Na every day you dey need stock broker, Just to show yourself
show me where I made such statement before and win yourself 10k. Otherwise, the joke is on you.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sells At N125 Per Share In Off-market Deals by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 21, 2019
If you are into agricultural merchandise, There are foreign buyers available to buy the following from you:

* Palm oil, Red oil
* Cocoa
* Chestnut
* Chestnut Oil
* Sugarcane
* Onions
* Cassava
* Cow Horns
* Timber

Other Non-Agro products needed includes:

*Cow Skin;fresh pomo
*Gas; liquids cooking gas
*Charcoals
*Cow Horns

Suppliers should call 08162504225 to get linked-up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Things To Do Before Investing In Properties / At The Comfort Of Your Home Make 16000 Naira / My Review Of Orton Farm Investment (verdict: It's A Ponzi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.