Stats: 3,200,337 members, 7,974,429 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:15 AM

Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? (595 Views)

Why Do I Get Tired Of Relationship? / Is Court And Church Marriage Certificate Thesame? / Will You Ever Get Tired Of This Kind Yansh This Quarantine (2) (3) (4)

Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Nobody: 3:03am On May 21, 2019
I know everybody has got there own taste but I'm just asking, dont nigerians get tired of listening to the same Afro Hip Hop over and over again? isnt there anytime that you feel like you are in the mood for something different? There are different types of music in the world, not just rap and Hip Hop. Dont you feel like you are in the mood for something different sometimes? Rather than Afro Hip Hop.

Even our clubs are all thesame, anywhere you enter Afro Hip Hop, there are no varieties, if they play something different maybe they will just put American rap/hip Hop and that's about it.

That is why I like America and Europe, they have got varieties.

Don't get me wrong I like hip/hop/rap too, and I have heard a few good Afro Hip Hop songs from our naija artistes but sometimes you just feel like you are in the mood for something entirely different do you not? I for instance, hip hop/rap is not the only music I got in my laptop, I have also got differenent type of Rock like metal, grunge, Hard Rock, soft rock, I have also got Regaeton, a few Rhythm/ Blues and techno too, why? Because i like to explore and I like varieties, I can't just listen to thesame type of music all the time, I will get fed up.

Don't you guys feel thesame way Sometimes? Like you are in the mood for something different? Rather than just Afro hip/hop?

Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by ayoevans6: 3:18am On May 21, 2019
when i get tired of naija jams i download other african jams
Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Sundrus: 3:23am On May 21, 2019
When alcohol don enter head for club dem no care about varieties, dem only want wetin go fit make dem dance & shake off the alcohol....as for me, I'm not a club guy. I listen to varieties of songs, it keeps my spirit, body, & soul moving.....
Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Nbote(m): 5:06am On May 21, 2019
In Europe and other parts of d world, ppl don't get into music to run away from hunger and being broke. They have talents and passion for music and as such dey go into a genre dey enjoy doing... Jazz, Rock, Metal and other genre of music has it's own fans and audience and dey are recognised for their talents and works becos of d rich contents their music carry. Here in Nigeria, music is an escape out of d hard life and as such U have artistes who have no talent whatsoever to b in d music business. Lyrically there are very few artistes in dis country who can hold their own like d likes of Asa, Johnny Drille, Adekunle Gold, Bez Idakula. D others who had d talents gave in to trend of afro pop and lost their way.
I don't need d Nigerian Music industry to give me d music I'm in d mood for. I'm a fan of soft rock and alternative music. I have all genres of music in my playlist and I don't let d our tumbo tumbo music force itself on me

Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:06am On May 21, 2019
funny enough, Nigerian songs, most especially, the so called 'Afro pop', are of the same rhythm, beats, lyrics and pattern.

that's why you can only find just a couple of Nigerian hip hop/pop songs in my music playlists, and these are the old time songs when they were singing good music with sensible lyrics.

imagine hearing a song from 2face and another singer would sing his/her own with half of 2face's lyrics and twist them. bullshitt.

Nigeria here today, nobody is known for Rock, country, electric, RnB, club, or reggae songs. all they know na "Gbe body è", " Lègbégbè", and the likes. WTF u expect me to start dancing to those craps?! never!

and the newest songs would still carry the same pattern ooh, same beats and same rhythm. too bad.

The only 2 Nigerian men I will give it to are 2Baba and MI.

if I wanna listen to music, I go foreign and blast my brain with what is called "Lyrics" and fine "Beats".

Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Nobody: 5:16am On May 21, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
funny enough, Nigerian songs, most especially, the so called 'Afro pop', are of the same rhythm, beats, lyrics and pattern.

that's why you can only find just a couple of Nigerian hip hop/pop songs in my music playlists, and these are the old time songs when they were singing good music with sensible lyrics.

imagine hearing a song from 2face and another singer would sing his/her own with half of 2face's lyrics and twist them. bullshitt.

Nigeria here today, nobody is known for Rock, country, electric, RnB, club, or reggae songs. all they know na "Gbe body è", " Lègbégbè", and the likes. WTF u expect me to start dancing to those craps?! never!

and the newest songs would still carry the same pattern ooh, same beats and same rhythm. too bad.

The only 2 Nigerian men I will give it to are 2Baba and MI.

if I wanna listen to music, I go foreign and blast my brain with what is called "Lyrics" and fine "Beats".
Yea, most naija songs are far too shallow, It feels like you have to dumb yourself down just to be able to listen

Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2019
mhd5757:

Yea, most naija songs are far too shallow, It feels like you have to dumb yourself down just to be able to listen

Shame on them.
Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Triniti(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2019
I only listen to naija songs when they are played in a night club or bar, my music life is filled with varieties of different kinds. My mood at anytime defines the type of music that I’ll be listening to....those years that i sleep with Yanni,friends were accusing me of being an occultist.
Re: Don't Nigerians Get Tired Of Listening To Thesame Type Of Music? by Deepfeel(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2019
I listen to only hip hop rapers from the 90ties especially 2pac, then some old school R&b and country music

AMAZING: Your Wait Is Finally Over "Naija Erotic Romance" Is Here / Woman Who Saw JESUS CHRIST Says HE Is The Best Lover / Nigeria Jollof King Indo Baba Vacation Summary In Pictures