Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (19116 Views)

There Is No God, God Should Stop Helping Me- Nigeria Man Says / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by CAPSLOCKED: 8:47pm On May 23, 2019
ikhileomotayo:

This is deep bro

I'VE EXPERIENCED WORSE, BROTHER.

NyomiBanxxx:

My Mum and friends also told same,
That I can't be irreligious or neutral, that it's better for me to worship Satan,
I told them I don't need to worship anyone, God or Satan should worship me too, worship no be by force
STORY OF OUR LIVES.

chinnyonwu:

Na their usual motto.
"You NEED to believe in something " yen yen yen
I usually reply with I believe in myself which is usually unsatisfactory to them. Smh

I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN A LOT OF THINGS. ALL GODS AND SUPERSTITIONS EXCLUDED.

I NEVER KNEW THE NUMBERS WAS THIS HIGH UNTIL THIS THREAD.

WE SHOULD START OUR OWN GATHERING WHERE WE DRINK WINE, DANCE AROUND FIRE PRAISING SEITAN FOR THE GIFT OF COMMON SENSE.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2019
Eberejesus111:

No that's not wholly true but partially, dear brother. The United States was founded by the puritans and protestants who had escaped Britain, mostly from Britain because of the Harsh catholic laws and principles at that time.

United states, initially was made to serve as an extension from Great Britain and they had still kept their draconian laws( one of them is the corn law) upon them. This was then the puritans and Christians had made a revolt against the British power at that time. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln( although fought for the emancipation of slaves) and the rest were all puritans or Christians. So he is absolutely right when he says, the United States was founded on religious basis.

Here's a link to further give grounds to the answer. According to CNN

https://www.cnn.com/privacy

And here is a short part to further the claims as needed.

Those colonies were founded as outposts of a Christian nation. With American independence, however, the British monarchy lost control over its American subjects. Champions of American liberty then celebrated their religious as well as political independence.
the puritans didn't escape because of harsh Catholic law, the puritans were been persecuted by the Church of England aka Anglican Church. It had nothing to do with the Catholic church
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 23, 2019
Ubenedictus:
the puritans didn't escape because of harsh Catholic law, the puritans were been persecuted by the Church of England aka Anglican Church. It had nothing to do with the Catholic church
Okay, I'm sorry sir. I knew about it, but didn't have time to change it and I thought no-one would notice it. smiley thanks for the correction.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by budaatum: 11:36pm On May 23, 2019
Ubenedictus:
The puritans were actually trying to make the Church of England less Catholic after the reformation actually, and were resisted!
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ubenedictus(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

The puritans were actually trying to make the Church of England less Catholic after the reformation actually, and were resisted!
they were not resisted by the Catholic Church, there were no Catholics in England then, the Catholics were been killed and murdered by the Anglican state.

They were resisted by there fellow Anglicans who considered their teachings heresy. There is no truth to the claim that it was the Catholic Church that drove out the puritans.

Puritanism itself was considered weird, even today it's strain of though has twisted that of the reformation
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ubenedictus(m): 8:59am On May 24, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Okay, I'm sorry sir. I knew about it, but didn't have time to change it and I thought no-one would notice it. smiley thanks for the correction.
no problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by budaatum: 3:30pm On May 24, 2019
Ubenedictus:
they were not resisted by the Catholic Church, there were no Catholics in England then, the Catholics were been killed and murdered by the Anglican state.

They were resisted by there fellow Anglicans who considered their teachings heresy. There is no truth to the claim that it was the Catholic Church that drove out the puritans.

Puritanism itself was considered weird, even today it's strain of though has twisted that of the reformation
Never said there was "truth to the claim that it was the Catholic Church that drove out the puritans" Uben.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ubenedictus(m): 11:45pm On May 25, 2019
budaatum:

Never said there was "truth to the claim that it was the Catholic Church that drove out the puritans" Uben.
sorry, I thought you implied it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Pataricatering(f): 7:44pm On May 28, 2019
America was built on the back of slaves - fully supported by verses from the good book - the holy bible! They bought , branded killed , maimed humans like themselves all with the approval of verses in the Bible which approves of and regulates slavery ! Asides the fact that if you segment America the Bible Belt is extremely poverty ravaged -
jesusjnr:
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it was applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Pataricatering(f): 7:49pm On May 28, 2019
It’s people like you that make atheism so appealing - I can smell ur hate from here ! Always bitter and intolerant but hiding under religious piety !
chiedu7:
There is nothing like Nigerian Christian.

You are either Christian or not.

As for the most peaceful religion on earth, you don't need special gift to know that it can't help anybody.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Pataricatering(f): 8:09pm On May 28, 2019
U really must be unwell if you think anybody outside the south-east would acknowledge an idiot like Nnamdi Kanu !
BiafraIsFree:
You have spoken well.

The Islamic jihadists captured Nigeria Christians. God bless Biafra.
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by chiedu7: 8:40pm On May 28, 2019
Pataricatering:
It’s people like you that make atheism so appealing - I can smell ur hate from here ! Always bitter and intolerant but hiding under religious piety !

Are Christians the ones blowing people up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Xmuslim: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE SHOULD START OUR OWN GATHERING WHERE WE DRINK WINE, DANCE AROUND FIRE PRAISING SEITAN FOR THE GIFT OF COMMON SENSE.

This got me grin

Let's start our own religion. Gullible human will even worship us of we claim divinity. After all, they worship jesus
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Christianity, a religion of love..
Islam, a religion of peace..
Yet, we neither feel the love nor the peace..
embarassed

You need to IDENTIFY the REAL Christians, NOT all those groups claiming Christians! smiley

If you know them you'll no doubt agree that there is LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the midst of the followers of the Prince of Peace!

What usually cause confusion is the fact that most people just take any group praying and making noice as CHRISTIANS instead of ascertaining first :-
What are the features of true Christianity as taught by the founder himself? (Jesus of Nazareth) undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" / Which Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.