Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,644 members, 7,878,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) (1916 Views)

Mature Minds . Strictly For Adults / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Send This To Your Ex And She May Actually Have A Rethink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by ElRazur: 5:48am On Sep 26, 2010
This thread is aimed at mature minds only. If you cannot be logical or display simple common sense, please stay away. Thanks.

So you meet someone and for whatever reason you guys went each others way. However, there comes a point, that you seem to forget the reasons as to why it never worked out, and deep down  you wish things were different.

You dream about this so called person sometimes that you actually wake up, and have the urge to give them a ring, or have the desire to actually find them. Now imagine this happening every once in a while. Will it be worth it to actually give such person a ring/find them or is it better to let sleeping dogs just be?

Also why do this keep happening after years of moving on. undecided
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by madlady(f): 5:57am On Sep 26, 2010
Maybe undecided it's because we wonder if we had done things differently "would we be together now" undecided.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by vivaladiva(f): 6:03am On Sep 26, 2010
shitz happen in life, people grow up and people also learn from their mistakes, life is fulll of people that break up only to make up months and years after
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

Also who do this keep happening after years of moving on. undecided
What do you mean?

Any way to the topic, that will entirely depends on the reason for the break up. however I wouldn't mind giving the relationship
a second chance. Maybe you/whoever in this situation is realizing what a precious thing they have just lost.

Remember the phrase ' you never know what you have until you lose it?'  precisely that's the scenario we have here.
If you are the person in question, I advice you quit mucking around and go settle things with this ex of yours.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 26, 2010
i think the best thing is to let sleeping dogs lie, there was a reason you left them in the first place. I guess the only thing to take away from such feelings is that sometimes the grass isnt greener on the other side and every woman isnt perfect. Been down that road before but the truth is, its only a matter of time before you begin to wonder why you went back a second time.

My take on this - find someone else. Dont be surprised if your new woman looks almost exactly like her.  wink

ElRazur:

Easy . . . you're lonely . . . and now you're thinking the other chic did have some good sides that you would also like in a new mate. Now you're wondering if you made a bad mistake letting her go afterall the time taken looking for a new person could have been spent building a relationship with the one you lost.

But its life bro . . . you win some you lose some. I remember once waking up in the middle of the night and calling my brother to track down an ex for me after 2 yrs. now i laugh at my own naivety.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by InkedNerd(f): 6:12am On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

This thread is aimed at mature minds only. If you cannot be logical or display simple common sense, please stay away. Thanks.

So you meet someone and for whatever reason you guys went each others way. However, there comes a point, that you seem to forget the reasons as to why it never worked out, and deep down  you wish things were different.

You dream about this so called person sometimes that you actually wake up, and have the urge to give them a ring, or have the desire to actually find them. Now imagine this happening every once in a while. Will it be worth it to actually give such person a ring/find them or is it better to let sleeping dogs just be?

Before I can give you a complete answer, I'm curious to know, what exactly do you mean by "So you meet someone and for whatever reason you guys went each others way."? Do you mean that we were in an actual relationship with the individual or that w met someone and we weren't in a relationship and we sorta got along well but went our separate ways?
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by ElRazur: 6:21am On Sep 26, 2010
madlady:

Maybe undecided it's because we wonder if we had done things differently "would we be together now" undecided.

Possibly.  .   .

rokiatu:

What do you mean?

Any way to the topic, that will entirely depends on the reason for the break up. however I wouldn't mind giving the relationship
a second chance. Maybe you/whoever in this situation is realizing what a precious thing they have just lost.

Remember the phrase ' you never know what you have until you lose it?'  precisely that's the scenario we have here.
If you are the person in question, I advice you quit mucking around and go settle things with this ex of yours.

From what I know, it was a complex reason, but lack of trust and a parasitic mentality. You know, wanting to use one for their needs etc.

I have to agree that there is a urge to give it a go, but as Davidylan said, the grass may not necessarily be greener on the other side.

davidylan:

i think the best thing is to let sleeping dogs lie, there was a reason you left them in the first place. I guess the only thing to take away from such feelings is that sometimes the grass isnt greener on the other side and every woman isnt perfect. Been down that road before but the truth is, its only a matter of time before you begin to wonder why you went back a second time.

My take on this - find someone else. Dont be surprised if your new woman looks almost exactly like her.  wink

Easy . . . you're lonely . . . and now you're thinking the other chic did have some good sides that you would also like in a new mate. Now you're wondering if you made a bad mistake letting her go afterall the time taken looking for a new person could have been spent building a relationship with the one you lost.

But its life bro . . . you win some you lose some. I remember once waking up in the middle of the night and calling my brother to track down an ex for me after 2 yrs. now i laugh at my own naivety.

True words. I remember one that actually happened to me. Went back to naija, checked on Ex (was actually contemplating marriage as of then) but all the memories was blown out of water due to how much she (or me) has changed over the years. So yes, it may just be best to keep this feeling of "what if" in the head and not go beyond it.

As per the lonely bit, you may have struck a chord there. I haven't viewed it like that and it is weird to think it may be a possibility after years of moving on. I suppose it is exactly this feeling that drives this desire to want to "check it out" again.

@Ink Nerd
I was just paraphrasing - You met someone, dated them for a long time and after went each others way.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by ElRazur: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2010
@Davidylan

Lmao at waking up at night and calling your brother. Damn, it must have been one hell of a dream. grin
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by InkedNerd(f): 6:47am On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

@Ink Nerd
I was just paraphrasing - You met someone, dated them for a long time and after went each others way.

Hmmm, ok. Well, I'm kind of in a situation like that at the moment. With all honesty, I wouldn't mind giving it another go. Some years ago, there was a Cuban guy that I met. Upon meeting this man, we really hit it off. I liked him and I knew that he liked me but at that time, we couldn't really be together and it seemed as though after some time we grew apart. Just recently I saw the same guy I had met years ago, on the train while I was on my way home one afternoon. I was very tempted to go speak to him and perhaps rekindle our lost relationship, but I decided to kept quiet and act as casual as possible. Usually I try to go with my gut when it comes to things of this matter. Whether or not I try to rekindle a romance with an old flame will/may depend of my past relationship with that person, how the person is presently [if I am aware of how their life is going], and whether or not I truly want to be with that person.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

@Davidylan

Lmao at waking up at night and calling your brother. Damn, it must have been one hell of a dream. grin

lol anything is possible oh. I got her on phone that night. She had a bf already! shocked grin

ElRazur:

As per the lonely bit, you may have struck a chord there. I haven't viewed it like that and it is weird to think it may be a possibility after years of moving on. I suppose it is exactly this feeling that drives this desire to want to "check it out" again.

its loneliness. You're going "what the heck was i thinking letting this girl go?" At least she was willing to hang around you like a lap dog, do anything you wanted, cook for you (one was horrible cook and nearly burnt down my kitchen), clean house for you . . . and now out of either arrogance or sheer stupidity you kicked her away only to find out not every cute face out there can be as accommodating of your nature as she.

By the time you find someone new you'd be wondering why you even bothered to call your ex back.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by yme1(f): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2010
it is been said NEVER GO BACK TO YOUR VOMIT but again it all depends on the circumstances surrounding the break up,if you feel the breaking up wasn't necessary at the time cause you can't find a concrete reason which lead to it then i will say you give it a try that is if you two can or are ready to work it out

you need to sit down and answer this questions

is coming back together woth it?
will i be happy with him/her?
will the relationship bring back sparkling sweet thots or that of regret?
does he/she still feel same way about me?
what exactly do i want from him/her?

remember NO RISK NO REWARD wink
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by madlady(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2010
^^^
Your statement really hits the nail on the head, especially the part "does he/she feel the same way,this should not be assumed.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2010
I have never for once entertained the tot of going bak 2 any of my ex's

Neither do i even think about trying 2 fix wot ever wrong i may have done

Im too busy for all that

and there are too many single special women out there for one to think of going bak 2 one miserable one
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2010
--190--:

I have never for once entertained the tot of going bak 2 any of my ex's

Neither do i even think about trying 2 fix wot ever wrong i may have done

Im too busy for all that

and there are too many single special women out there for one to think of going bak 2 one miserable one

Really!!
Forget story baby, I must say u dint luv him as such, or else somtin'll likely draw ur memories back to those sweet times.
Check out my experience on d following thread, still experiencing it though. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520296.0.html
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by IyaBasira: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
Opotuniti:

Really!!
Forget story baby, I must say u dint luv him as such, or else somtin'll likely draw your memories back to those sweet times.
Check out my experience on d following thread, still experiencing it though. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520296.0.html

190 is a Nairaland transsexual.

One day he's a guy, the next day he isn't.

But he has a girlfriend so I'mm pretty sure he's a guy. undecided
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Omolola1(f): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
You still love this girl. I believe in going after what you want~
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2010
IyaBasira:

But he has a girlfriend so I'mm pretty sure he's a guy.  undecided

^^
why do u keep saying that

Im feminine and i jst gave my views

There is never anytime i have ever wanted to Turn back the hands of time

Just becos i want to fix whatever went wrong with my ex-BF's what-so-ever

When i see any of my ex's i simply LAFF and exit, infact my presence makes it un-comfy for them

to stay around me, anyway
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
Omolola1:

You still love this girl. I believe in going after what you want~

My dear, i av a soft spot for her, one of d niceest babe av ever dated but not marriageeeeee.

Now, do u wanna tell me u dint luv all ur Exss, do u av to marry dem all? Am sure somtin dint just work out btwn u both right.
Its one of those thingy baby, Exss meet, there's a reminiscence of d past, d rest is history if dey're not disciplined.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2010
IyaBasira:

But he has a girlfriend so I'mm pretty sure he's a guy.  undecided

Really!!!! Yepaaaa, i be wan toast am b4 sef.
Abeg i no be gay make i run kiakiaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^
what ever opinion u have,

its okay but that wont change the fact that im female

Although i enjoy postin as a male~
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Omolola1(f): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2010
@Opportuniti, you are right, some thngs just dont work out with an ex even if the love is there
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2010
--190--:

^^
what ever opinion u have,

its okay but that wont change the fact that im  female

Although i enjoy postin as a male~

just checked ur past posts, seems so, Gimme a reason to believe u, a proof i mean. lol!!lol!!lol
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^
okay check my profile in the next 2 minutes!

Seems u dont believe im female!
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2010
--190--:

^^
okay check my profile in the next 2 minutes!

Seems u dont believe im female!

Are u kidding me? U be cream babe ooo, Hope dat aint anoda person's pics? & hope u dont intend to remove it off ur profile?
Those lips & teeth Hmmmm
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by ElRazur: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2010
Despite polite request for people who cannot engage their brain and contribute to the actual thread to stay away, it is a shame to see them turning this into filth again. How hard is it  for this foooools to just show a bit of common sense for fcccuk sake?
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^
hehehehehe,

Elrazur its a discussion forum,

its not elrazurforum.com remember!! grin grin (no offence) grin grin
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

Despite polite request for people who cannot engage their brain and contribute to the actual thread to stay away, it is a shame to see them turning this into filth again. How hard is it  for this foooools to just show a bit of common sense for fcccuk sake?

Would suggest you jump into the LAGOON
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by ElRazur: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2010
Yes it should be a discussion about what the topic is, and not posting things that completely derails the thread.  You and your gang are good at this. How hard is it to stay on topic? You really do not have to post in every thread you know.

I won't say much on this, but using common sense once in a while is not such a bad thing you see.
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Opotuniti(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2010
Guy, easy does it.
You too dey PARA. In a thread like dis, it cant be avoided as one thing will lead to d other or u wan win longest post in nairaland??
You need not even post dat. You can tactically change back d trend of discussion by adding to ur comment or quoting ur so called gangs as u put it askin dem direct questns!!! I no nid tish u na. I meet u for NL.

PEACE MAYE HUNTER!!!
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by 1102(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2010
ElRazur:

Yes it should be a discussion about what the topic is, and not posting things that completely derails the thread.  You and your gang are good at this. How hard is it to stay on topic? You really do not have to post in every thread you know.

I won't say much on this, but using common sense once in a while is not such a bad thing you see.

^^
hehehehe, grin grin grin U wont kill me this afternoon wiv ur sudden bust of anger
El, I responded 2 my post,gave my own view before others derailed and asked
me some questions which i quickly answered EL,
Ure making my Afternoon already and i dont know why u get so pissed off these days easily
U werent like dis since i always knew u!

all the same good luck wiv ur post,ive given my opinion!! grin grin
Re: Seeking Your Ex And Wanting To Fix It All Over Again? (Mature Minds Only) by Odunnu: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
Thread Hijacked!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Don Tire Me O! / Have U Ever Loved Someone And Hated The Fact That U Did And Cant Stop / Ladies How Patient Can You Be In This Instance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.