Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,164 members, 7,913,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) (24183 Views)

Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. / My Mum Ilr(indefinate Leave To Remain) Was Denied Was The Second Time / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
babaowo:

please frds what can someone who his asylum application was refused 4yrs ago at oakington,n he got married to scottish woman who is 11yrs older than him,n she is has mortgage n she is working, both had met before husband was removed in january 2007.good advices please or pass experiences thank alots.
The Home office would definately ask you to make an our of country application, but may I aks, how long have you been married for and have you got kids here?
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by babaowo: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2011
@ erico2k2 the husband has been in naija since 2007, n they just married this month in nigeria,pls what do u mean by an our country application? Thanks brov
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2011
babaowo:

@ erico2k2 the husband has been in naija since 2007, n they just married this month in nigeria,pls what do u mean by an our country application? Thanks brov
sorry my bad, was meant to say out of country application,I never knew he was already in 9ja, anyway, the refusal thing will surely come into play when the ECO makes his/her decision, hence I asked if they have kid(s)?
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by babaowo: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2011
they don't have kids for each other, but they both had their's children. Thanks brov
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
Well if refused he would have a strong case if the had kids together cos of articla8
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by concrete: 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
help please:

i'm a dual citizen (canada and uk) but live in canada. my  hubby lives in nigeria. we got married last year and i'm in the process of sponsoring him to canada. on average, the canadian sponsorship takes about 12-18 months (though we're hoping for less). long story short, someone suggested that i sponsor him to uk in the meantime, until his canadian papers come through. this will make it easier for us to see each other more frequently (if I decide to return to canada). in essence, nigeria is no longer an option for us. we simply do not want to be there for many of reasons and are now exploring the best option for us to be together outside of the country

my questions and issues are as follows:

- don't work or live in the uk . no real strong ties to uk/proof of living there (such as bills, work or bank statements) but but can provide proof of accomodation (with relatives) and job offer letter in the uk

I was told to apply for my hubby anyway and just state my intent to live there. I was told NOT to mention my applciation for canadian sponsorhip (though they could still make enquiries)

my questions are as follows:
1) are my chances good? providing I cite a job offer and reasonable accomodation (though the accomodation would be shared with relatives)
2)what info can anyone provide about the language test requirement. is Nigeria not considered an English-speaking country? Is there a fee for the test? My hubby is a university graduate. does that count or do they absolutely need the test?
3)do you guys think the fact that i'm already applying for canadian PR status, will harm this uk application?

thanks
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by concrete: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
can someone also clarify the accomodation and financial requirements? i didn't see anything about this anywhere (except for here)

thanks
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ Concrete,

This is a new one. grin

I know people that apply on the basis that they are moving to the UK with their hubby from Nigeria, with proof of accomodation and finances to take care of them till they get a job in the UK.

It is worth given it a try but you need a very solid application.
Let them know you used to live in Canada and your hubby in Nigeria, but after your marriage,you and your hubby have decided to settle in the UK. Write a very good sponsorship letter stating your reasons for choosing the UK against Canada, write about the new job offer you have and include the job offer letter.
You need a well written letter from your relatives that intend to accomodate you, they also need to get a letter from their local council stating that the house can accomodate all of you without overcrowding.
Let your hubby put details of his education and any savings he might have, he can also write a letter stating what he intends to do in the UK and his interests.
Include all your marriage documents, pictures and proof of communication.

All the best
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
concrete:

help please:

i'm a dual citizen (canada and uk) but live in canada. my hubby lives in nigeria. we got married last year and i'm in the process of sponsoring him to canada. on average, the canadian sponsorship takes about 12-18 months (though we're hoping for less). long story short, someone suggested that i sponsor him to uk in the meantime, until his canadian papers come through. this will make it easier for us to see each other more frequently (if I decide to return to canada). in essence, nigeria is no longer an option for us. we simply do not want to be there for many of reasons and are now exploring the best option for us to be together outside of the country

my questions and issues are as follows:

- don't work or live in the uk . no real strong ties to uk/proof of living there (such as bills, work or bank statements) but but can provide proof of accomodation (with relatives) and job offer letter in the uk

I was told to apply for my hubby anyway and just state my intent to live there. I was told NOT to mention my applciation for canadian sponsorhip (though they could still make enquiries)

my questions are as follows:
1) are my chances good? providing I cite a job offer and reasonable accomodation (though the accomodation would be shared with relatives)
2)what info can anyone provide about the language test requirement. is Nigeria not considered an English-speaking country? Is there a fee for the test? My hubby is a university graduate. does that count or do they absolutely need the test?
3)do you guys think the fact that i'm already applying for canadian PR status, will harm this uk application?

thanks

@ Bolded part above

Your hubby has to apply in Nigeria
It is advisable that you don't mention anything about the Canadian sponsorship, just state that you guys intend to settle in the UK
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by raiisaj: 10:38am On Jan 28, 2011
aysometin:

@ Bolded part above

Your hubby has to apply in Nigeria
It is advisable that you don't mention anything about the Canadian sponsorship, just state that you guys intend to settle in the UK

YOU SHLD HOWEVER STATE DAT U HAVE DUAL NATIONALITIES, they would normally ask you to apply for ur husband from Nigeria altho i have seen a case where d husband applied got married and applied in the UK whilst on visiting Visa (very rare and d lady went thru a lot of prob n legal formalities to make this happen).

They wud naturally expect u to take kia of ur husband before he settles but if u dont currently have a job and u n ur husband have strong savings, then u can tell them u intend to relocate to the UK with ur husband.

Better still u can go for like a month or 2 whilst u get u guys accommodation and get urself ground at ur place of work then file for him after the 3rd month or so. That way u prove u can support each other and realistically it doesnt sound too good saying a relative is housing u both unless they have a massive house with plenty of rooms n they can prove it,

best of luck
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by concrete: 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
thank you all for your information. it was very helpful. i'll keep you guys posted smiley

(and for the record, my hubby always planned on applying FROM Nigeria. i guess i wasn`t too clear in my previous explanations)
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by Delta007(m): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Concrete:
I'm guessing you are applying for your husband's Canadian PR thru Accra. The timelines for spousal sponsorship has improved and a few people are getting their spouses' PRs in less than 6mths. You may want to look into this instead of burning cash.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by figo2: 9:27pm On May 20, 2011
I got some issues to share with u all and for solution. i am married to UK citizen who is currently not working and on benefit but she is serious looking for job and hopefully she will get one before 5weeks. She needs me now but she does not work though i work here and have also offer for job in the uk staring from September. if she gets a job by 5weeks and i can be able to give a statement of account 3m naira, what is the possibility of getting a spouse visa without 6months payslip from my wife but however with 1month payslips or thereabout.
Thank you
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by wicks: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
Am presently studying in the UK and want to apply for ILR can somebody tell me what to do?
My children are citizens and are here with me - one of them is in Primary school- My hubby who is a British citizen too is not based here.

Will my hubby not working here affect my application in any way? Just so you know my Student Visa will expire in January 2011.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 02, 2011
Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help wt sufficient advice on this. My fiance has been in the uk for about 3years doing her masters and the 2years post study, her stay is due to expire nxt year however we do intend to stay in the uk. Firsty, is there any possibility of her applying to make her stay elongated as she currently has a job wt nhs but dsnt get up to 32k per annum.we want an option that would make it possibl for me to join her over there too as I have been working in a bank here in nigeria for bout 3years also. Pls kindly assist
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by chairmano: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Hello all,

My wife (UK citizen) and I (Nigerian) want to apply for my settlement visa too.

How do we get around this?
I have some money in my savings.

Please advise
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by annbeauty: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thanks all
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 7:20am On Nov 27, 2012
figo2: I got some issues to share with u all and for solution. i am married to UK citizen who is currently not working and on benefit but she is serious looking for job and hopefully she will get one before 5weeks. She needs me now but she does not work though i work here and have also offer for job in the uk staring from September. if she gets a job by 5weeks and i can be able to give a statement of account 3m naira, what is the possibility of getting a spouse visa without 6months payslip from my wife but however with 1month payslips or thereabout.
Thank you
I have been out of this page for a while even though I created it, now Im back ,I hope this is still usefull or better still, you have passed this stage,SAD to inform you bro, she is ur sponsor she has to prove beyound reasonable doubt tht she could support you however if your circumstances chages, it could be a diffrent ball game ie you have a child together.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 7:20am On Nov 27, 2012
chairmano: Hello all,

My wife (UK citizen) and I (Nigerian) want to apply for my settlement visa too.

How do we get around this?
I have some money in my savings.

Please advise
hope this is not too late, where are both of you based?
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2012
ctrume: Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help wt sufficient advice on this. My fiance has been in the uk for about 3years doing her masters and the 2years post study, her stay is due to expire nxt year however we do intend to stay in the uk. Firsty, is there any possibility of her applying to make her stay elongated as she currently has a job wt nhs but dsnt get up to 32k per annum.we want an option that would make it possibl for me to join her over there too as I have been working in a bank here in nigeria for bout 3years also. Pls kindly assist
you need an immigration lawyer to sort you out bro.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 7:23am On Nov 27, 2012
wicks: Am presently studying in the UK and want to apply for ILR can somebody tell me what to do?
My children are citizens and are here with me - one of them is in Primary school- My hubby who is a British citizen too is not based here.

Will my hubby not working here affect my application in any way? Just so you know my Student Visa will expire in January 2011.
Apply with the help of a good lawyer, there is something called Discretionary leave to remain.They might do this if present laws cannot accomodate your circumstances as you got kids of school age.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by firstlady4(f): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2012
Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help out with sufficient advice on this. My cousin is in Nigeria, and her husband to be is in UK working with one of the federal prison in UK. Thou he is a full born Nigerian bt has his citiziship in UK. He want her pregnant befor joinning him in UK to have the baby after which, they will come back to Nigeria for the wedding. My question is; Is it possible for her to get her VISA to UK without stress or rejection to join him being pregnant without a marriage certificate? And what are the procedure to go about this? am so concerned because I dont want her to make any mistakes that will keep her hanging here in Nigeria with the pregnancy. Thanks.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
first_lady: Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help out with sufficient advice on this. My cousin is in Nigeria, and her husband to be is in UK working with one of the federal prison in UK. Thou he is a full born Nigerian bt has his citiziship in UK. He want her pregnant befor joinning him in UK to have the baby after which, they will come back to Nigeria for the wedding. My question is; Is it possible for her to get her VISA to UK without stress or rejection to join him being pregnant without a marriage certificate? And what are the procedure to go about this? am so concerned because I dont want her to make any mistakes that will keep her hanging here in Nigeria with the pregnancy. Thanks.
the quickest and easiest way is to get married b4 she makes any move, next is for her to get a VISA, but then she will be visiting, that is though and for howlong?, its a tough one, No one will ask, why should he use the issue of pregnancy as a qualification to get married, dont you think thats 2 over the roof? as a demand? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Proudlygemini: Please nairalanders I need your advice on getting a spouse visa.
I would start off by saying I recently just got married to a British expat that lives and works here in Lagos but travels during the holidays back home to the uk. Before we got married we decided that Nigeria would be our home but we'll always travel during the holidays back to the uk. Based on this decision, his last trip this December he sold his house since there's no one there. Now we plan on vacationing this summer for about a month but I'm confused. I do not intend to live in the uk atleast not for another 4 years, do I still apply for a spouse visa even though i plan to stay a month. We also decided to rent an apartment while we are there. My strong tie to Nigeria is my 5 years old son from a previous relationship and my business also my husbands contract isn't due till 2016. I have also read that he needs to earn 18k and above annually to meet d financial requirement, right now he''s paid 5kpounds monthly that's 60k a year. How long does the spouse visa take? Do I have to do a change of name on my passport cos I recently renewed it and it doesn't expire till 2017. Do I fill the application in my name as it is on my passport or in his? Where also can i get to borw the forms online. Please I need you advice on how to get this right, thank you.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by jenni1108: 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hello to the experts in the house, me and my husband are about to apply for this visa and need some guidance and advice.

I am based in the UK and my husband in Nigeria.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
jenni1108: Hello to the experts in the house, me and my husband are about to apply for this visa and need some guidance and advice.

I am based in the UK and my husband in Nigeria.
Now who is sponsoring who?
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Proudlygemini: Proudlygemini: Please nairalanders I need your advice on getting a spouse visa.
I would start off by saying I recently just got married to a British expat that lives and works here in Lagos but travels during the holidays back home to the uk. Before we got married we decided that Nigeria would be our home but we'll always travel during the holidays back to the uk. Based on this decision, his last trip this December he sold his house since there's no one there. Now we plan on vacationing this summer for about a month but I'm confused. I do not intend to live in the uk atleast not for another 4 years, do I still apply for a spouse visa even though i plan to stay a month. We also decided to rent an apartment while we are there. My strong tie to Nigeria is my 5 years old son from a previous relationship and my business also my husbands contract isn't due till 2016. I have also read that he needs to earn 18k and above annually to meet d financial requirement, right now he''s paid 5kpounds monthly that's 60k a year. How long does the spouse visa take? Do I have to do a change of name on my passport cos I recently renewed it and it doesn't expire till 2017. Do I fill the application in my name as it is on my passport or in his? Where also can i get to borw the forms online. Please I need you advice on how to get this right, thank you.
go to the home office website, all the relivant forms are there, btw, I recon you guys must live together for considerable amount of time, now the rules regarding the sponsor and the wife living outside the Uk is a tricky one, you will need to Email the Home office or The forign office for clerification on that matter.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by capgb: 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hello house am new here but I have a liltle question I want to ask the house. I have been to the uk 2008 but unfurtunately for me I am caught by the police when they were raiding but to cut the story shot I was removefrom the uk 2011 but now my wife is holding Eu passprt living in the uk now and we got married in 2012 so now we r looking forward to put in my appliication for the spouse visa but I am kinda worried because of my past records with the uk because I was removed from the uk but I don't knw if my past record will aff, any1 in the house who can advise should put light in ma cae. Blessed.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by erico2k2(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
capgb:
Hello house am new here but I have a liltle question I want to ask the house. I have been to the uk 2008 but unfurtunately for me I am caught by the police when they were raiding but to cut the story shot I was removefrom the uk 2011 but now my wife is holding Eu passprt living in the uk now and we got married in 2012 so now we r looking forward to put in my appliication for the spouse visa but I am kinda worried because of my past records with the uk because I was removed from the uk but I don't knw if my past record will aff, any1 in the house who can advise should put light in ma cae. Blessed.
just daw this as its been a while.well it would do as they would argue you have co travane in a significant way to fustrate immigration system.that been said qkth a good lawyer you can argue your case.
Re: Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) by jswit: 12:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Hello house, I'm about to apply for spouse visa, I'm currently doing my masters in UK, my spouse is also in the UK and we live together, I want to know if I can use my Academic ielts 6.0 to apply for spouse visa or I need to write the general ielts test, and secondly, can I use the TB test I brought to study to apply? Or I don't need it since I have been here for more than 6months, thirdly, my spouse will receive his P60 in April 2015, but he has every other work documents including his 6months payslips of more than 18,600... Pls help. Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notice To Those Who Wish To Live In Japan / Pole Stops Trailer From Crashing Into A Woman’s Shop In Delta State. Photos / My Tour Of Buruku, A Portion Of River Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.