Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Theresa May Resigns: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Theresa May Resigns: (230 Views)

Hon. Theresa Akwaji Ushie Declares Interest For Apc National Women Leader. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Theresa May Resigns: by Yippeedaniel(m): 1:35pm On May 24, 2019
Mrs. May announced on Friday that she would be stepping down as leader of her Conservative Party and then as Britain’s prime minister, after repeatedly failing to win Parliament’s approval for a deal to withdraw the country from the European Union.

“I have done everything I can,” Mrs. May said.
Facing a cabinet rebellion, Theresa May announced on Friday morning her decision to leave office. She spoke briefly after meeting with Graham Brady, a powerful leader of backbench Conservative lawmakers.

Standing in front of 10 Downing Street, Mrs. May said it was in the “best interests of the country for a new prime minister” to lead Britain through the Brexit process. She announced plans to step down as the leader of the Conservative Party on June 7, with the process to replace her beginning the following week.

“I feel as certain today as I did three years ago that in a democracy, if you give people a choice you have a duty to implement what they decide. I have done my best to do that,” she added. “I have done everything I can to convince MPs to back that deal. Sadly, I have not been able to do so.”

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know? You Can Promote Your Song On Three Blogs For A Low Price / My Democracy Day Gift For Ladies / REVEALED: How To Avoid Bank Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.