Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,203 members, 7,893,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

Coping With A Hostile Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Coping With A Hostile Landlord (371 Views)

My Hostile Neighbor / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With A Hostile Landlord by Holluwasehun: 5:07am On May 25, 2019
My landlord is a hostile and unlawful man who always want to see his tenants at loggerhead. He doesn't want his tenant to relate with each other.

He hates to see visitors coming in to visit his tenants but while there is no retriction to his own visitor. On several occasions he has chased away my insulted and chased away my guests just for knocking the gate when they come visiting but I tried to cope with him because he's an elderly man.

He has a wild dog, he releases his dog at anytime to disturb his tenants and even destroy our personal valuables but everyone is just trying to manage him for the meantime we get out on his house.

There is no tenants that has ever lived and living in that house that he does not have issue with.

Imagine he's in custody of the prepaid meter card in which I don't have problem with that for security reasons but whenever we want to recharge our prepaid meter he becomes a problem for him to release the card.

How can one cope with such man?
Re: Coping With A Hostile Landlord by saheedbadmus(m): 5:27am On May 25, 2019
best thing is to move out and go rent house somewhere else
Re: Coping With A Hostile Landlord by chiommy123(f): 6:30am On May 25, 2019
Some landlords can be terrible feeling like gods cos they managed to build one small cupboard like that the whole tenants should gang up against him any time he disturbs your visitors stand up to him and remind him his visits him too and for that nonsense dog you people should kill it if it nears you. You can't be coping all the time he needs someone to teach him a lesson
Re: Coping With A Hostile Landlord by jp130(m): 7:20am On May 25, 2019
U pple r just giving powa n he is swimming in d river created by u guys. Som landlords r terrible bt u guys shud av a meeting wit him n air ur views to him. Dnt beg any landlord to liv in his house. Let dem do d right thing

(1) (Reply)

Awoof!!! Land For Sale With One Story Building On It Along Unilag Road / You Can Be A Proud Owner Of 2 Bedroom Flat Of 6units Building @ Magboro Call / Shops At Ogba, Ikeja For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.