Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,250 members, 7,880,929 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing (31694 Views)

EFCC Raids Speculators As Naira Drops To $1,520/$ / EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by frankyychiji(f): 1:47pm On May 25, 2019
AntiWailer:

"
Is NCC a financial crime commission ?

Or you don't know the full meaning of EFCC ?"

Is this the attack that warranted "Mumu" comment ?

Please stop dabbling into what you know nothing about.
I thought I already said you should let it ride? If you are on self-destructive mode, then do it indoors and leave me out of your depression. undecided
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by jaxxy(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2019
jackals:

Must you mention me ? Cant't someone rest again on a suturday afternoon

Haha mybad bt NL is funny! How did u come buy this name? Sorry to ask lol
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 1:48pm On May 25, 2019
MTN MUST GO(MMG)... angry
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by jackals(f): 2:06pm On May 25, 2019
jaxxy:

Haha mybad bt NL is funny! How did u come buy this name? Sorry to ask lol

My ex gave me that say I was too sturbborn. Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by jaxxy(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2019
jackals:

My ex gave me that say I was too sturbborn. Lol cheesy cheesy

Oh interesting lol. Stubborn isn’t bad sofar it’s not on a ridiculous level. Nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by AntiWailer: 2:39pm On May 25, 2019
frankyychiji:
I thought I already said you should let it ride? If you are on self-destructive mode, then do it indoors and leave me out of your depression. undecided

grin grin

Kiddo, nothing to be depressed about.

I live your dream life.

You quoted me first I was not talking to u.

And thanks for the advice that I should let ur lies slide. You lied about me attacking some one first instead of ur apology u want it to slide.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by maasoap(m): 2:41pm On May 25, 2019
lomprico:

Abi o! Everything na gra gra for them.

aolawale025:
Why not ask for then papers formally? Must everything be dramatized

Like writing letter to them to inform them that they were coming or that MTN-NG should send the relevant documents to them? Lol. Ignorance is indeed a disease
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by tiwiex(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2019
lomprico:

Abi o! Everything na gra gra for them.

And they don't even understand Wetin dem dey find. Just causing confusion all over and ruffling markets.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by promisehod: 4:03pm On May 25, 2019
They have given them power now, why no go like that in the Electricity area
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2019
ClearFlair:

NCC exists for financial crimes? You people just like posting rubbish because of your hatred for Buhari. By 2023 many people will be stupid beyond words. cheesy

common sense is not common. if you can't read simple words I posted there then I sorry for your mental state
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 25, 2019
madridsta007:

I am not sure how much you BMCs are paid to lie about your own country. Is this how much you hate the country?

https://techpoint.africa/2018/04/16/foreign-investors-leaving/

Please go through that list in the link above and tell me which foriegn investor has "taken over" since those ones left.
I can bring more references for you.
First of all am not a pro buhari, u don't have to bring politics into everything, secondly mtn does not care about Nigeria. Finally we are talking of big multinational investment here not tech startup. If mtn was to leave nigeria today another company will take over immediately. When etisalate left did the workers loose their job.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by JustCare: 5:42pm On May 25, 2019
abbaapple:
angry

This fella comment comes to mind! God bless you sir! Read below.......

Copied***

Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

Bro, na your new handle be this wink
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by madridsta007(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2019
charliboy654:

First of all am not a pro buhari, u don't have to bring politics into everything, secondly mtn does not care about Nigeria. Finally we are talking of big multinational investment here not tech startup. If mtn was to leave nigeria today another company will take over immediately. When etisalate left did the workers loose their job.

When Etisalat left, many workers lost their jobs. I have friends who were senior network engineers that moved to Canada when Etisalat left. Etisalat would have had its vision, plans for the next x years, expansion plans etc. If any new company takes over it and does not fully buy into that vision— and in all cases, they don’t— then undoubtedly jobs and planned investments are lost. This is simple Economics.

Nigerians simply delude themselves with the numbers in her population. Without a productive population and security, why would any major investor invest in Nigeria? Do you know that the masts and network stations which Boko Haram destroyed in the North when they started, not all of these mast were replaced? In terms of “jobs” do you know what those masts represents?
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 25, 2019
madridsta007:

When Etisalat left, many workers lost their jobs. I have friends who were senior network engineers that moved to Canada when Etisalat left. Etisalat would have had its vision, plans for the next x years, expansion plans etc. If any new company takes over it and does not fully buy into that vision— and in all cases, they don’t— then undoubtedly jobs and planned investments are lost. This is simple Economics.

Nigerians simply delude themselves with the numbers in her population. Without a productive population and security, why would any major investor invest in Nigeria? Do you know that the masts and network stations which Boko Haram destroyed in the North when they started, not all of these mast were replaced? In terms of “jobs” do you know what those masts represents?
While u may be right, I still believe efcc has right to tackle any company defrauding nigeria.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Mboi: 10:48am On May 26, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:

Your opinion does nothing to me.... grin
Please make sure you write correctly in a public forum to avoid embarrassing yourself and looking like a stark nincompoop... angry
Hope you did not use MTN TORCHLIGHT MOBILE PHONE to type this?
MTN MUST GO(MMG)... angry
You're depressed. Seek help somewhere, downfall of MTN won't help you. So sorry for your deplorable state.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by madridsta007(m): 2:05pm On May 26, 2019
charliboy654:

While u may be right, I still believe efcc has right to tackle any company defrauding nigeria.

True.
And there are more civil and business-friendly ways of doing so and getting the same result. Like quietly inviting the company to their office for a chat. Like sending letters. Like asking the regulatory body (NCC) to step in. You will not get the media effect I know, but you will get the result you want— they pay the money they are owing.

You will get the same result and still keep the business and invariably help Nigerians keep their job and also send a message to investors that you are business-friendly. You will show that you are still a democracy.

Running on emotions is a dangerous strategy to take. It always results in regrets. Why many Nigerians don’t get this bemuses me.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 27, 2019
Not too bad MTN just lost 10naira today. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elon Musk Names Linda Yaccarino As Twitter's New CEO / History Of Nigerian Naira, Symbol, Sign And Worth. / Name That Thing(s) You Bought And Later Regret Buying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.