Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:49 AM

Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k (740 Views)

Lady Cries Because His Brother Did Not Build House She Sent Money For 15 Year / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by EzegeNG: 1:46pm On May 25, 2019
Nigerian lady lands in hospital after the house she rented for 400k was demolished by govt a month after she moved in.

Read her story below..

I didn't want to come on social media, but the prevailing situation has warrant me to take this step, because I am loosing It I came to Lagos from Benin after schooling 6 years ago to look for job. Getting a job wasn't easy for me. I did so many entrepreneurial jobs to survive till I was able to get a job with a mobile distribution company.

My work place is at opebi ikeja, while my residence was at idimu egbeda. So transmuting from idimu to opebi was not really convenient because of traffic
Early this yea, i had a bike accident that nearly cost my life. I decided to move closer to my office. I contacted an agent online @jiji who also directed me to another agent, Mr friday Umeh through whom i was able to get one room self contain at opebi. He is also the caretaker of the building. He told me the owner of the bungalow is one Mrs Julie Nkemdirim ORUCHE who is based in USA.

I asked to speak with her he obliged. I also did video calls with her.

I paid the sum of 300 hundred thousand on the 25th of march 2019 to the caretakers GtB account.
I also renovated the toilet, kitchen and the room window. I fixed new tiles and repaired the plumbing.

On Friday, 17th of may 2019 my neighbour called me from work that our house is being demolished.

I rushed down and behold, Lagos state demolition task force has already started demolished the building. I rushed in to see if i can be able to pick few things, but the dust was too much for my lungs ...I started choking and unable to breath ran out where I had asthmatic attack.

I became unconscious and was rushed to Lagos state emergency and accident unit, ojota.

As of now, I can't find most of my properties, my valuables especially my credentials.

This building has been marked for demolition for a while but the Landlady and caretaker repainted the building and gave it out for rent to Us.

Both the Landlady and the caretaker have not even bothered to talk to us since this incident.
I tried reaching her on whatsapp.
She ignored all my messages and calls until yesterday evening, 22nd of May 2019.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/lady-lands-in-hospital-after-govt-demolished-the-house-she-rented-for-n400k/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by EzegeNG: 1:47pm On May 25, 2019
Read her chat with the landlady below
https://zenithnaija.com/lady-lands-in-hospital-after-govt-demolished-the-house-she-rented-for-n400k/

The man is the caretaker and the woman is the landlady

Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by thesicilian: 1:51pm On May 25, 2019
Eyaa. Only in Nigeria do they demolish houses without adequate compensation.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by SageMK: 2:10pm On May 25, 2019
Her greedy landlord is at fault. With cooperation from other tenants, they should sue their wicked landlord.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by nzeobi(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2019
some people are just wicked.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by nzeobi(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2019
some people are just wicked.
if you want to get your money asap, report her to ogwugwu okija and serve her people in Nigeria the papers.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by delpee(f): 2:16pm On May 25, 2019
This is so sad and unfair!

Perhaps the state government should publish a list of houses scheduled for demolition to protect innocent people from falling victim to dubious landlords and agents.

There's no way of knowing upfront once the building has been repainted and posters removed. Henceforth, it's wise to make adequate enquiries from neighbours who may be aware.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by Rollsnjaguar(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2019
This is pathetic
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by dochenaj: 2:20pm On May 25, 2019
If they can prove that the Landlady and the caretaker got notification for the demolition and yet put the house up for rent.
They should be able to get a refund, all things being equal.
Demolitions should have at least a 6 months notification, especially if the building was not built against the city plan.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by iTearHerToto: 2:21pm On May 25, 2019
This is aching. Toh bad cry

Lemme give one fvck

Who took my fvcks?angry

[img]https:///view/xuxa-shoosha-rainha-searching-looking-for-gif-12625805.gif[/img]
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2019
Buhari Buhari Buhari. Why na
Chaiii see fine woman. Sorry, God will see you through. I totally blame Buhari for this.
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by BuhariAdvocate: 2:43pm On May 25, 2019
This pathetic landlady self.i pray you come to Nigeria quickly to come and fight government .
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by EzegeNG: 3:38pm On May 25, 2019
cry
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by naijadefender: 3:39pm On May 25, 2019
"I paid the sum of 300 hundred thousand on the 25th of march 2019 to the caretakers GtB account.
I also renovated the toilet, kitchen and the room window. I fixed new tiles and repaired the plumbing".

This is typical of Lagos houses. You pay exorbitant house rent and renovate at your own extra cost. It's a pity
Re: Lady Lands In Hospital After Govt Demolished The House She Rented For N400k by EzegeNG: 6:19pm On May 25, 2019
cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Half Plot For Sale At Dairy Farm Estate Meiran.. Call Babs / To Let: Stand Alone Warehouse At Agidingbi,lagos(with pictures) / 1500sqm C Of O Residential Land At Kaura District Abuja 28m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.