Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:44 PM

Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model (1043 Views)

Mercedes Benz C180 99 Model / Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus / OOU Campus Shuttle driver Using A Spoon To Start His Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2019
Pls help me, oil keeps drying from my 1999 Honda shuttle, no smoke and there is no leakage, but i use Oando oil 4 the service
Re: Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model by nurey(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2019
Ayoagbajesamuel:
Pls help me, oil keeps drying from my 1999 Honda shuttle, no smoke and there is no leakage, but i use Oando oil 4 the service

Some cars burn oil not at idle but when you depress the accelerator. so look for someone to help hold the accelerator while the tachometer is at 2500 then you check your tail pipe for smoke.

When car is parked over night, leave a carton under the engine location then in the morning come and view the carton you are bound to see oil stains showing you external leak.

You can go under the car and view oil stains, sometimes the oil would not drop but flow and remain underneath car body due to mud and sand making a gelatin paste under the car.

The oil has solidified turning into sludge due to abuse by owner.

The engine oil you are using is actually palm oil (very low quality oil) they burn off within a month.

so do all your checks your oil is missing through one of these or several ways

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2019
Oga nurey, Thank u sir, thou many people have condemned the Oando oil i was using. Someone advise me 2 use Vico2000, another person said Mobil. Pls, which one is suitable 4 the car
Re: Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model by nurey(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2019
Ayoagbajesamuel:
Oga nurey, Thank u sir, thou many people have condemned the Oando oil i was using. Someone advise me 2 use Vico2000, another person said Mobil. Pls, which one is suitable 4 the car

I would say Mobil but the most important thing is to check the engine for extent of damage due to previous maintenance history

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Keeps Drying From My Shuttle 99 Model by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2019
I will do just that, i mean the examination under the engine and Change 2 Mobil oil

(1) (Reply)

Honda Restored 1961 Chevrolet Pickup To Celebrate 60yrs Of Doing Business In US / 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Price Finally Revealed / Nissan Almera Car Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.