Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,235 members, 7,887,655 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:57 AM

Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content (16461 Views)

For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers / Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect / Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Why are we making this an issue ..I personally married and ukwuani lovely babe and during the track we never had issues with language just us ndi onu nuo that's the term for whole igboid group are the same

When their traditional rulers or Eze comes and tell us that they are not igbos then I can take them serious but none has come out

So who am I to believe these urchins and never do wells here

Now go and weed your marijuana farm

Ndi ogo m

6 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2014
Divisive entities
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2014
thewarrior72:
[s]No reasonable igbo needs you guys. Your ethnicity is too insignificant & inconsequential to be noticed by almighty igbos, infact, try to govern ur little delta state before aiming for the presidency....identity crisis clowns[/s]
Dont say that please. That one iddiott who calls himself victor is making a fool of himself does not mean the rest of ukwuani/ndokwa think like him. As you can see from his senseless rantings that he is a frustrated bar.stard, and a senseless dingbat. Can you even imagine thesame fool saying that igbos can go to hell but in another breath says he wants to join the igbos in Delta to form Anioma state, in other words thesame igbos you hate and despise so much are thesame people you want to have a new state with. What an irony.

My point is, dont conclude that Ndokwa/Ukwuani people have thesame senseless opinion as that fool victor, i hate generalizations and its only fair that you dont generalize based on the myopic opinion of one person. There are many reasonable Ndokwa people unlike that fool. Every Ndokwa person i have come accross sees him/herself as igbo and proud of it. Please do not talk down on Ndokwa people, we dont have have any beef with them and will not, and we have no good reason to alienate them. Do not take the word of one fool serious because he is only speaking for his miserable self

5 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2014
thewarrior72:
Your tribe is neither here nor there wink
Please desist from making comments like this, this is how the beef and enemity starts. Allow her to say where she stands. Saying 'your tribe' is utter rubbish, how did you come about that? again why generalize by bringing in the whole tribe? did she tell you she doesnt know where she stands. Sometimes it is better we think through before making our comments

christopher123:
Why are we making this an issue ..I personally married and ukwuani lovely babe and during the track we never had issues with language just us ndi onu nuo that's the term for whole igboid group are the same

When their traditional rulers or Eze comes and tell us that they are not igbos then I can take them serious but none has come out

So who am I to believe these urchins and never do wells here

Now go and weed your marijuana farm

Ndi ogo m
Exactly! one senseless tout decides to make a fool of himself and some people are taking him serious with hasty generalisations, its very annoying

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by thewarrior72: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:

Dont say that please. That one iddiott who calls himself victor is making a fool of himself does not mean the rest of ukwuani/ndokwa think like him. As you can see from his senseless rantings that he is a frustrated bar.stard, and a senseless dingbat. Can you even imagine thesame fool saying that igbos can go to hell but in another breath says he wants to join the igbos in Delta to form Anioma state, in other words thesame igbos you hate and despise so much are thesame people you want to have a new state with. What an irony.

My point is, dont conclude that Ndokwa/Ukwuani people have thesame senseless opinion as that fool victor, i hate generalizations and its only fair that you dont generalize based on the myopic opinion of one person. There are many reasonable Ndokwa people unlike that fool. Every Ndokwa person i have come accross sees him/herself as igbo and proud of it. Please do not talk down on Ndokwa people, we dont have have any beef with them and will not, and we have no good reason to alienate them. Do not take the word of one fool serious because he is only speaking for his miserable self
Sorry, don't be offended, I was simply irked by that guy offensive words against the southeast. Once again, pardon my generalization

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
BUT PLEASE WAIT A MINUTES, LETS BE VERY LOGICAL HERE...WHERE DO UKWUANI SPEAK IGBO AND USE IGBO TERMS LIKE UMU AND EZE AND YET THE CLAIM BENIN BUT I AM YET TO FIND ANY BENIN LINGUA FRANCA IN THERE, THANK LORD I HEAR BENIN A BIT DUE TO MY SOURJOURN THERE AND MY WIFE IS UKWUANI BORN IN BENIN ALSO ...NOW WHY IS THERE NO BENIN LINGUA FRANCA IN UKWUANI, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ONE, THAT WILL BE A POINTER TO THEIR BENIN ANCESTORY

NOW AFRIKAANS SPEAK A KIND OF DUTCH IN SOUTH AFRICA, THEY ARE DUTCH SETLLERS THAT INTER MARRIED AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IN THEIR LANGUAGE ...THATS IS A FACT.... AND WE ARE TALKING CONTINENTS AWAY NOT POLES AWAY LIKE BENIN UKWUANI

NOW LOOK AT AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEA;AND THEY HAVE ENGLISH SETTLERS AND MOST ARE FELONS THOUGH, YOU CAN SEE THE DISTANCE YET THEY SPEAK ENGLISH,

NOW IN EQUITORIAL GUINEA YOU HAVE IGBO THAT MIGRATED THERE CENTURIES AGO EITHER VIA SLAVERY OR BUSINESS THATS WHY YOU GET SOME PARTS OF EQUITORIAL GUINEA SPEAKING IGBO

NOW GO TO AMERICAS YOU WILL SEE YORUBAS AND IGBO DECIENDANTS THAT HAVE IGBO AND YORUBA CULUTURE AND YOU WILL SEE A MIX OF THAT IN THE LINGUA LIKE ORISHA FOR THE BRAZILLIANS ETC AND IN CUBA AND AMERICAS U GET PLACES THAT IS CALLED ISUQUATO AND OTHER IGBO VILLAGE NAMES, THOSE ARE AVAILABLE TILL TOMORROW

NOW WHY IS UKWUANI CASE SO DIFFERENT..I AM DEEPLY SO ASHAMED OF THESE UKWUANI PEOPLE, NOT THAT THEY ARE OF ANY IMPORTANCE BUT THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DISGRACING THOSE THAT BEAR OUR NAMES AND CULTURE,

NOW BENIN IS JUST POLES APART FROM UKWUANI YET YOU CAN NOT SEE BENIN CULTURE, LANGUAGE OR IDEOSYNCRACIES IN UKWUANI, WHAT DOES THIS LET YOU KNOW

SOMEBODY IS EITHER LYING OR FOOLING HIMSELF HERE...

AS I SAID BEFORE

LET THE KING OF ABOH,AGBOR OR UKWUANI COME OUT AND SAY THEY ARE N IGBO, THEN WE WILL THEN TREAT THEM AS STRANGERS AMONGST US BUT THE KINGS KNOW THE TRUTH SO THEY ARE SILENT

NO WONDER IT IS SAID THAT EMPTY VESSELS MAKES NOISE

7 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Donmarrius: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:

My brother,your words sent strong sensation of reality,into my very nerves.
I cant but agree with you,but you know,the likes of these idiots here,are the ones give others bad name.
Once again,thanks for your wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
AndreUweh:
Ukwuani, Ukwuala, Ukwuana, Ukwuali etc is no other group than Igbo.
In the formation years of Igbo Union, Ukwuani leaders such as Hon Frank Oputa and Hon Oki played active roles in this organisation. The Ukwuani then clearly identified with their Igbo kins.
  The Nigerian crisis of the late sixties did not help matters. Some began to question their Identities, others came up with ideas of making Ukwuani a distinct ethnic group,  while some still maintained their Igboness.
  But lately Igbo consciousness is high in Ukwuani areas. It is interesting to note that at the last Ohanaeze organised Igbo day in Owerri 2009, most of their Obis were in attendance. I have also seen increasing numbers of Ukwuanis here in Nairaland identify as Igbo or Delta Igbo.

Now , on the reasons why the Benins donot have a record of Ezechime , there are many possible reasons for that. In those days many people fled from Benin and it was not possible for the Benin people themselves to keep tract of people who left there. The Ezechime group was just one out of so many emigrations from the city. Another reason was the crime Ezechime was accused of. He was said to have assaulted the Oba's mother who had trampled on his farmland. You cant expect the Benin people to remember such an event considering the kind of glorification they give the Oba and members of the royal family.
ON THE USE OF " UMU ''
The prefix " Umu " was after assimilation. It was not as if they were known by that prefix from the beginning. It was just a natural process of evolution from Edo speaking to Igbo speaking. Even in Agbor , the Obis come from a community with the same prefix. All Obis come from Ogbe Umudein. The title of Dei is definitely not of Benin origin. All these come to show that our people despite the Benin origin of many of them became Igbo speaking with time. It will also become more Igbo sounding because it will more convenient for such descendants to pronounce it as such. Amongst the Umuakashiada, the name would would have probably come from Akasiada which is Edo sounding. Also donot forget that later Igbo groups began to settle with them such as the Asaba people in Ezionum and the Awkuzu people in Obiaruku.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by emmysoftyou: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle,God bless you,
i have a frend by his name, chibuzor frm ndokwa west ,
i asked him that,is it true that some part of ndokwa/ukwuani re frm benin ancestral home? He was mad at me,dat why wil i asked him such a question,
when i knw that his name is chibuzor,and his ancestrals' home is frm southeast..
am not sayin dis to make any1 acept igboness.
but i believ that some of the ukwuani believe they re igbos.
in my former company,there is a lady frm ukwuani that bear the name ebele,the way her ukwuani language sound eeh grin, it s still beta than izzi/izza language in ebonyi state but aniocha,iseluku,mbuzo/ibusa,oshimili and ogwashi,all dis community i mention,there igbos re very clear than owerri igbo..no offence ,jus an observation as a traveler..cool
some of the tribes who keep on denying their igboness..
una don see by force marriage,i gues No,as dey force us to married hausa nd yoruba to mak up nigeria.na so we go force una to married us bc una dey ansa our name.grin. If ebele or chibuzor comit crime..yoruba no go hesitate to say na omoibo ni.abeg mak som of una wake up o.
i remain faithful to the entire igboland cool

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by gratiaeo(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
We don't need Ukwuani sef
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Deltagiant: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
christopher123:

Now , on the reasons why the Benins donot have a record of Ezechime , there are many possible reasons for that. In those days many people fled from Benin and it was not possible for the Benin people themselves to keep tract of people who left there. The Ezechime group was just one out of so many emigrations from the city. Another reason was the crime Ezechime was accused of. He was said to have assaulted the Oba's mother who had trampled on his farmland. You cant expect the Benin people to remember such an event considering the kind of glorification they give the Oba and members of the royal family.
ON THE USE OF " UMU ''
The prefix " Umu " was after assimilation. It was not as if they were known by that prefix from the beginning. It was just a natural process of evolution from Edo speaking to Igbo speaking. Even in Agbor , the Obis come from a community with the same prefix. All Obis come from Ogbe Umudein. The title of Dei is definitely not of Benin origin. All these come to show that our people despite the Benin origin of many of them became Igbo speaking with time. It will also become more Igbo sounding because it will more convenient for such descendants to pronounce it as such. Amongst the Umuakashiada, the name would would have probably come from Akasiada which is Edo sounding. Also donot forget that later Igbo groups began to settle with them such as the Asaba people in Ezionum and the Awkuzu people in Obiaruku.

The earlier the young generation start using their brains the better they can improve on their common senses. Intelligent historians have tried to piece the Ezechima puzzle and concluded that it was a reverse migration that began in Igboland. Please, ask yourselves the following questions:

1) Chima was the first Obi of Onitsha, why is it that all his immediate children that succeeded him bore Igbo names: Obi Chimaukwu, Obi Chima efi, Obi Oraeze. Even when it is very practical these kids were born in "Benin" outside Igbo speaking land by a supposedly non_Igbo speaking Chima?

2) How long did he and his entourage trek from Benin to Onitsha to have lost their Benin language?

3) They stopped in Obior, Obampkpa, Issele ukwu etc, very good. Were they losing the Edo language at each stop in these towns and to whom?
How many months or years would it take you to lose your own language, if at all possible?

4)A story corroborated by even the Edo website was that Chima and his followers were also having problem with the Oba because of the shrine of the Ezechima people. The name of this Shrine was and is still UDO. The Udo deity is Onicha peoples flagship. Infact there is no UDO there is no Onitsha. It is the symbol that they have carried for ages. This said, UDO shrines can only be found in Igboland in places like Onitsha, Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Ogidi, Ukpo, Abagana, Ekwulu mmili etc. It does not replicate anywhere outside Igboland. My question here is: what was Ezechima and his followers doing with the Udo shrine in far away Benin? Where and how did they acquire the deity?

6)At the same time that Chima was reported to have arrived at the place called Onicha in the 15th century, another strong historical figure called Chima from Ohafia in the present Abia state (Orofia in Anambra dialect) was establishing towns and villages in neighboring towns around Onicha. He established villages in Ogidi, Abagana, Ukpo, Abatete, Nimo and so many. The eldest man in Orofia village of Abagana was always given the title of CHIMA. So, my question is: who was this Chima? Could it have been a coincidence that two different Chima were making history at the same time in neighboring communities? Have we mistaken one person to be two different persons? Wonderful, isn't it? Some historians are now begining to theorize that it could be the same man from Ohafia who travelled to Benin and returned back after so many years of sojourn. Thus the reverse migration hypothesis that is fast gaining ground.

Please, i need only mind boggling responses.

7 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
thewarrior72:
Sorry, don't be offended, I was simply irked by that guy offensive words against the southeast. Once again, pardon my generalization
We are cool bruv. Truth is people like him have natural phoebia for the SE, dont let his offensive comment get to you to an extent that you make uncontrolled emotional outburts, else you will help him achieve his aim. From the tone of his voice you can sence his attacks stems from his frustration and pain against the Igbos and does not represent the opinion of the Ukwuani people.

Donmarrius:
My brother,your words sent strong sensation of reality,into my very nerves.
I cant but agree with you,but you know,the likes of these idiots here,are the ones give others bad name.
Once again,thanks for your wisdom.
Thank you bruv. Its only wise to be careful with people like that dolt who have sinister motives of creating divisions among Igbos in the south East and Igbos outside the SE. Such is their grand plot for making such divisive utterances. Wisdom demands that we should be mindful of how we interprete and react to their comments so as not to fall for their bait, bearing in mind that his myopic and warped opinion is just a personal one cos he is speaking only for himself. Also not forgeting that the real enemies of Ndigbo (yo....) are listening, lurking by the corner waiting to taunt us and make jest of us with their usual gabbage like 'your brothers are denying you bla...bla...'thereby encouraging people like him.

I am not disputing that the fool is an Ndokwa/ukwuani person cos the truth is that there are a few sell outs like him who will always exhibit their iddioccy and stewpidity which is in their nature. Good enough thou, his ilks represent only a minute population and at the end of the day their opinion will not count when it matters.

@Emmysoftyou, you have spoken well. Those who truly know where they belong will not deny their allegience, not minding the senselessness and inane utterances of an irritating few. Those people you mentioned truly know who they are and where they belong unlike for some confused fool who decided he prefers to be suffering from identity crises.

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:
We are cool bruv. Truth is people like him have natural phoebia for the SE, dont let his offensive comment get to you to an extent that you make uncontrolled emotional outburts, else you will help him achieve his aim. From the tone of his voice you can sence his attacks stems from his frustration and pain against the Igbos and does not represent the opinion of the Ukwuani people.

Thank you bruv. Its only wise to be careful with people like that dolt who have sinister motives of creating divisions among Igbos in the south East and Igbos outside the SE. Such is their grand plot for making such divisive utterances. Wisdom demands that we should be mindful of how we interprete and react to their comments so as not to fall for their bait, bearing in mind that his myopic and warped opinion is just a personal one cos he is speaking only for himself. Also not forgeting that the real enemies of Ndigbo (yo....) are listening, lurking by the corner waiting to taunt us and make jest of us with their usual gabbage like 'your brothers are denying you bla...bla...'thereby encouraging people like him.

I am not disputing that the fool is an Ndokwa/ukwuani person cos the truth is that there are a few sell outs like him who will always exhibit their iddioccy and stewpidity which is in their nature. Good enough thou, his ilks represent only a minute population and at the end of the day their opinion will not count when it matters.

@Emmysoftyou, you have spoken well. Those who truly know where they belong will not deny their allegience, not minding the senselessness and inane utterances of an irritating few. Those people you mentioned truly know they are and where they belong unlike for some confused fool who decided he prefers to be suffering from identity crises.

in my place you are the type that we call the son of his father...when a man is called the son of his father its an honor and i think you deserve that title....you made sense ab initio and you still make sense now

but our people also said that one finger that dips hand into palm loil touches the whole community. yes you might be the true son of ukwuani but these bastards like victor is a disgrace and the annoying thing is that the other tribes sees him as igbo..thereby tagging everybody from there confused...

my brother,ezigbo ogo m your on the right path
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
christopher123:

in my place you are the type that we call the son of his father...when a man is called the son of his father its an honor and i think you deserve that title....you made sense ab initio and you still make sense now

but our people also said that one finger that dips hand into palm loil touches the whole community. yes you might be the true son of ukwuani but these bastards like victor is a disgrace and the annoying thing is that the other tribes sees him as igbo..thereby tagging everybody from there confused...

my brother,ezigbo ogo m your on the right path
Thank you Christo. Thou i'm a proud nwafor Igbo from Anambra state and not from ukwuani.

I felt the need caution umuigbo against disparaging remarks on ukwuani people and not judging them based on the opinion of one useless victor. I have met loads of ukwuani people who feel proudly igbo and made my comments based on that. Ndigbos everywhere should be more for togetherness than anything

Good to know you are married to an ukwuani woman smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:
Thank you Christo. Thou i'm a proud nwafor Igbo from Anambra state and not from ukwuani.

I felt the need caution umuigbo against disparaging remarks on ukwuani people and not judging them based on the opinion of one useless victor. I have met loads of ukwuani people who feel proudly igbo and made my comments based on that. Ndigbos everywhere should be more for togetherness than anything

Good to know you are married to an ukwuani woman smiley

nwanne m nwoke, onye ebe na anambra ka ibu, mu nwa bu onye nnewi, nup nwanyi na ukwuani ...thats why i am a bit interested in their madness

no malady

udo

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
The names of my 2 nephews and one neice are Chikamso, Chiazkorkam and Chukwudumebi, they are from Abor, Ndokwaland. The name of their dad is Mr Chukwuka.....

Dont ask me if they are Igbos unless your stvpid.

I did my national service in Isoko, i know that from Asaba to Utagba-Ogbe are 100% igbo dialect, i understand them easily than i could understand someone from Abakiliki and Afikpo.

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
christopher123:

nwanne m nwoke, onye ebe na anambra ka ibu, mu nwa bu onye nnewi, nup nwanyi na ukwuani ...thats why i am a bit interested in their madness

no malady

udo
nwanne a bum onye Orumba, its all for better.

Udo chia.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
christopher123:

Now , on the reasons why the Benins donot have a record of Ezechime , there are many possible reasons for that. In those days many people fled from Benin and it was not possible for the Benin people themselves to keep tract of people who left there. The Ezechime group was just one out of so many emigrations from the city. Another reason was the crime Ezechime was accused of. [b]He was said to have assaulted the Oba's mother who had trampled on his farmland. [/b]You cant expect the Benin people to remember such an event considering the kind of glorification they give the Oba and members of the royal family.
ON THE USE OF " UMU ''
The bolded goes to show that you don't know much about the history of the Benin kingdom, the mother of the Oba of Benin in those days do not live after the coronation of her son, because it is believed that the Oba can't bow to anybody and the mother can neither bow to his son, the tradition wz recently abolished.
Again, what's the meaning of Ezechime in Benin language, because I know the Igbo meaning or are you trying to tell us that he changed his name to an Igbo one when he left Benin Kingdom. Your history is distorted, all I see is a desperate attempt to change history. Am just saying not that I give a damn because am Igbo and am PROUD of who I am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:
nwanne a bum onye Orumba, its all for better.

Udo chia.

ezigbo oyi m bu onye ajalli
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
hehehe this topic is so funny.

let me ask the deniers one question: if the ijaw, urhobo, isoko, bini, itshekiri, and all other tribes in delta, and even nigeria at large
call you igbo, is it really important what you call yourself?
if you were in a country all by yourselves, you could successfully determine what you call yourself, after all lesotho is a tiny country totally surrounded by south africa, though there are sothos inside south africa.
my point is that as long as you are in nigeria, and nigerians basically call you igbo, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THAT TAG. end of discussion.

umu ukwuani/ndokwa ndigbo ibem kedu ka unu melu?
ukwuani/ndokwa kwenu.
ndigbo kwenu
nigeria kwezuenu!
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by victor1464(m): 1:15am On Oct 09, 2014
Dat is d major problem with d igbo man..he claims territories unecessarily.no wonder he kills his own brother 4 just a little plot of land.I also Know dat igbos has not gotten enof land in d southeast dats y dey want to claim ukwuani/ndokwa territory as theirs.we hav no space 4u THIEVES!!!APELETES,MBUKAS LIKE U..i advice ur people to learn manners&respect people..i cannot continue 2 argue who is who in dis thread.silence is d best answer 4a fool.i hav noticed dat d hausa & fulanis r beta off dan ur people.how can an igboman dat dosent show respect 4 others rule d nigeria? He's greedy,he cant be trusted.i advice u to stop claimin territory dat dosnt belong 2u.@ shizzle who is a red monkey 4rm igbo forest,i dont blame him because he was drunk b4 all his postings.i believe dis theard was created by an igbo fool who wants to achieve his selfish interest no wonda hes comes here to display his ignorance&stupdity.get somtim doin my friend!!. IGBO IS UkWUANI AND UkWUANI NOT IGBO.i will force that into ur coconut heads.!we shall know who is who in dis thread.hahahahahahahaha...Bleep U AT SHIZZLE!!!u r a learner.u 4get say i be delta boy,we nor de carry last..agbaya like u...mumu wen talk another man own wen nor know say na him own worst pass!! 4 ur information my guys,make una go learn more.OK?

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by victor1464(m): 1:49am On Oct 09, 2014
grin grin
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by victor1464(m): 1:49am On Oct 09, 2014
Where did Igbo originate 4rm??

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by victor1464(m): 1:50am On Oct 09, 2014
Na where una originate 4rm?
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 3:27am On Oct 09, 2014
victor1464:
Where did Igbo originate 4rm??

IGBOS HAVE DIVERSE ORIGINS SO GET IT, THERE IS THE ASIATIC MOVEMENT, OBORIGINAL MOVEMENT ETC WITH EVIDENCE AND POINTERS ALSO BUT UKWUANI IS SO DISAPOINTING..CLAIMING BENIN BUT NO EVIDENCE LINGUISTICALLY AND CULTURALLY
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 3:31am On Oct 09, 2014
victor1464:
Dat is d major problem with d igbo man..he claims territory dat is not his own unecessarily.no wonder he kills his own brother 4 just a little plot of land.I also Know dat igbos has not gotten enof land in d southeast dats y de want to claim ukwuani/ndokwa territory as theirs.we hav no space 4u here....THIEVES!!!APELETES LIKE U...i advice ur people to learn manners.learn to respect people..i cannot continue 2 argue whose tribe is who here.i hav noticed dat d hausa & fulanis r beta off dan ur people.how can an igboman dat dosent respect others rule d nigeria.u show greed in all ur acts. dats y its imposible 4 ur people to rule.. Stop claimin territory dats not urs..@ shizzle who is a red monkey 4rm igbo forest i dont blame him because he was drunk b4 all his post....i believe dis theard was created by an igbo fool who wants to achieve his selfish interest dat y hes always here to display stupdity.get somtim doin my friend!!...put it into ur big banga heads dat IGBO IS UkWUANI AND UkWUANI NOT IGBO BABARIANS LIKE U.!we shall know who is who in dis thread.hahahahahahahaha...silence is d best answer a fools..i will remain silent until dis thread is deleted..Bleep U AT SHIZZLE!!!u r a learner.u 4get say i be delta boy,we nor de carry last..agbaya like u...mumu wen talk another man own wen nor know say na him own worst pass!! 4 ur information my guys,make una go learn more.OK??

MY DEAR STOP BEEN AN IDIOTT HERE AND STOP RESORTING TO INSULT TO EVADE SIMPLE QUESTIONS

WHAT DO YOU CALL GOD,SPOON,DAYS,KING,LAND,FOOD,DOG AND DRUGS

THESE ARE BASIC WORD, LET US TRACE YOUR BENIN CLAIM LINGUISTIACALLY, PLEASE DO BUT IF YOU CANT ANSWER THEN GO SIT DOWN

I WILL AWAIT YOUR KINGS TO MAKE A NON IGBO DECLARATION, NOT YOU, A NOBODY AND NITWIT...HAVE YOU EATEN QUALITY FOOD LATELY

I WILL ADVISE YOU TO STOP SMOKING WEED WITHOUT RIZZLA, IT AFFECTS YOUR PERSONALITY
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 3:51am On Oct 09, 2014
Aboh are the empire builders of the Anioma nation. During the reign of Obi Ossai ( c. 1826-44) the influence of Aboh stretched from the Igala kingdom to the North and the Ijaw kingdom of Brass along the Atlantic coast to the South. According to traditions, the Aboh people and the Ezechime people were related. Both group left Benin and split up when they were encamped in Agbor. Whereas the Ezechime people moved to Obior , the Abohs moved southwards towards the Ukwuani country when they encountered the Ewelie people. After the Ewelie were defeated , the Aboh people led by Esume began to colonize the country. Osuntili , one of Esume followers founded the town of Ossissa; Ozoma , another of Esume followers founded the town of Ashaka ; Oputa yet another follower of Esume founded the now Isokonized town of Ozoro while Etim another follower refounded Afor though his descendants primarily occupy Obetim -Afor. Originally a qtr in Ozoro, the people of Ushie moved back into the Ukwuani country. These five communities make up the Ukwu clan.

It should be noted that the population of these towns is not homogenous in origin. A section of Ossissa migrated from Ejeme Unor ( in Aniocha South ) , like I noted before the town of Afor was long in existence before the arrival of the Aboh people. It will also be noted that the names of the followers of Esume looks Igbo to me eg Ozoma, Osuntili , Etim and Oputa which could suggest that they were of Igbo origin but merely adopted Benin as their place of origin simply because their leader , Esume was from Benin.

The Aboh kingdom is divided into two distinct communities. The UMUDEI who descend from Ogwezi, the son of Esume and first Obi of Aboh and the NDICHE who are considered the " non royals ". The Ndiche are of mixed origin. They include the aboriginal " Idumu Iwele " people who were of AKRI origin. Many of the Ndiche were of Igala origin, some came from the Eatern Igbo country just as some arrived from neighbouring Anioma communities. It should also be noted that many of the Ndiche were of ex-slave origin but Aboh assimilates ex-slaves easily. The large settlement of Abalagada north of Aboh main town came originally from Anam ( in Anambra State ) they are therefore of Ndiche stock.

According to history when the Abohs arrived, they were well received by the AKRI aborigines who were settled at the present site of Aboh. Both communities Aboh and Akri were in cordial relationship until Ogwezi became the leader of the Aboh community. The Akri were invited for a feast and unknown to them, the Abohs had concealed machetes in the basket of yams ( called ABOH JI ) and it was from the basket the Abohs broght their weapons and unleashed terror on their Akri neighbours. Many of the Akri managed to escape. Many fled across the Niger where they founded the villages of AKRI OGIDI, AKRI OZIZOR( Present Minister of Aviation Stella Oduah is from here ) and AKRI ATANI( now Atani where Prof Ben Nwabueze and Chief Osita Osadebe comes from ). Some moved South of Aboh to found the villages of AKRI ( Or Akarai ) Obodo and AKRI( or Akarai ) Etiti. A remnant of the Akri settled and became integrated as part of Aboh kingdom ie the Idumu Iwele. It should be noted that the Aboh kingdom ( not community ) was founded in about 1650.

The Obis of Aboh are descended from Ogwezi while the Iyase the most important chief in the kingdom must come from Ndiche. By tradition , the Iyase traditionally installs the Obi. An Obi is chosen from the Ogwezi or UMUDEI lineage. The Idumu Iwele people provide most of the priests( Eze Ani and Eze Osimili) while also from the Umudei lineage the ODUAH who is the oldest man from the lineage i conidered the spiritual head of the kingdom. The Aboh kingdom comprises of the Aboh main town and over 20 satelite villages in Ndokwa East LGA.

(2)OBIARUKU
Obiaruku i the commercial heart of the Ndokwa area. According to tradition the earliest settlers in the town were the people of OKUZU-Obiaruku. The Okuzu people emigrated from Awkuzu in Anambra State and via Aboh settled in Obiaruku. They were soon joined by their relatives the UMUEDEDE. Later a large group from the Ukwuani town of Umuebu joined them founding what is now called OGBE OBIARUKU. A time went on , an Aboh group joined the settlement and founded UMUESUME qtrs. The last qtr in Obiaruku is called OBIUGBE and they came principally from Ezionum another Ukwuani settlement . Obiaruku is therefore entirely of Igbo origin some originating from the East. The name Obiaruku means a town founded by an Aruku tree ie Obi Aruku.

there is still a lacuna in this history also ...if you look at kit

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 3:51am On Oct 09, 2014
(4)UTAGBA
The Utagba people are divided into two distinct towns and they are the largest Ndokwa community in terms of population. The original settlement is called Utagba Uno and its a federation of seven villages. The villages of Ikilibi and Etua migrated from Owere Olubor near Umunede ( meaning by implication they are of Ejeme-Isu stock ), while the other villages of Umusadege, Umuseti, Isumpe , Umusedeli , and Umusam also came from neighbouring Anioma communities like Nsukwa and Onicha Ukwuani. From Utagba Unor , one Ogbe led a group of Utagba people to a new site over 20 miles away and founded Utagba Ogbe thus the villages of Utagba Ogbe are similarly named after their kinsfolk at Utagba Uno thus there are Umusam, Umusadege, Umusadeli, Umuseti and Isumpe villages. The sixth village in Utagba Ogbe came from Adiai an Anioma town near Aboh. From Utagba Uno the village of Etua( which is by far the biggest sub clan ) arose the new and large settlement of Ndemili which is a few miles away from the Benin town of Urhonigbe. Etua people are also distinct from other Utagba people they are governed by Obis instead of the Okpala Uku which is common in most of Ndokwa land.

(5)NDONI
The name Ndoni comes from " Nde Onuiyi " or people settled at the mouth of the river The Ndoni clan the core area comprises of Ndoni main town and the village of Oniku( which is regarded as senior to Ndoni ). The ancestors of the Ndoni came from Utafa( Otapha ) in the Abua area of Rivers State. This claim is significant because the Abua are not really Ijaws. They are of Ibibio-Efik origin and moved westwards founding in the process the Obolo( or Andoni ) group. The Abua group also included the Odual and Ogbia. President Goodluck Jonathan is from Ogbia. They are not really Ijaws since their language is closer to what is spoken in Akwa Ibom/Cross River States. Later people from Aboh , Ase and Onyah origins in particular settled in the Ndoni area thus Ndoni is a blend of people of Anioma and Abua origins. Ethnographically, Ndoni people are of Ukwuani stock having been thoroughly assimilated over 400 years ago when they first arrived. Ndoni clan as defined today comprises of some 65 settlements and its one of the largest communities in Ndokwaland.

(6) ABBI and UMUKWATA
These are amongst the largest communities in Ndokwa land. The people of Abbi and Umukwata mainly descend from two brothers named Amacha( Abbi) and Ukwata( Umukwata). They originally came from Achalla near Awka in Anambra State and settled for a while in Aboh. Later they moved to their present sites. Later, in Abbi( there are originally two sections) a third section was founded by some hunters from Ani Ekei qtrs of Ubulu Uku( which is of Nri origin). From Abbi arose the ettlements of Umutu and Umuolu both are within Ndokwaland.

(7)ONICHA UKWUANI AND EMU CLANS
These two clans are closely related and they are both of Anioma( Enuani ) origin. The founder was one Onicha who came from Nsukwa. He founded what is now known as Onicha Ukwuani. One of his sons called " Olo " with hi wife called " Emu " moved further south and founded Emu clan. This is why they are often called Umuonicha clan. Alternative versions of their origin suggests that they came from Ogwashi Uku via Nsukwa.

(AMAI
The people of Amai descend from Amai an Elephant hunter from Igala land who settled in Aboh before moving to their present site. This is why Amai is attached to Aboh. Later some migrants from Ubulu Uku founded one of the qtrs called Umubu.

(9)UMUOKU and ONYAH clans
These two groups are related. They form part of the same migration from Amaegu( or Emegu or Egbu ) near Owerri. They arrived in about 1500. The group led by Oku founded Utuoku or Oku's bank along the Niger. From Utuoku , families began to migrate and they crossed the Niger founding the new settlement of Adiai near Ndoni. A war ensued between Adiai and Aboh people and for this reason a group moved to the town of Onitsha while another moved to found Ogbeani qtrs of Utagba Ogbe. Another group led by one Aka managed to cross the Niger to found the village of Adiai Obiaka. Adiai Obiaka is also called Adiawali because they settled west of the Niger away from their traditional homelands near Ndoni. The other Adiai villages include Utu, Utuechi and Obiofu and all are in Rivers state. Adiai land is richly endowed with oil both in Delta and Rivers State. The Umuoku , the three settlements Utuoku, Adiai and Adiawali are governed by Igwes.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 4:00am On Oct 09, 2014
victor1464:
grin grin

Ewu....read biko

Well, you should know that 100 years ago and beyond, all Igbo clans existed and bore the respective names of their clans. The onicha people identified as onicha, the awka man identified himself as awka, the ikwerre man said he's ikwerre, the owerre man said he's owerre and so on. The general name, 'igbo' was non-existent then and was NEVER used to classify these peoples. The same thing was also observed during the slave trade when 'igbo' slaves were taken from different clans in 'igboland' and when they arrived the americas and were asked their tribes, they mentioned instead their clan names such as etche, arondizuogu, isuama, omumma, okigwe, etc. How the whites got to call these language-related clans Igbo, no one knows. And when they were called Ebo by the whites the slaves were very much surprised as they had never heard the name before while back in their homeland. The term 'Igbo' might be a name borne out of slavery during the slave trade. In Asaba Igbo, 'Igbo' the way it is natively pronounced with down accents means 'slave' in their dialect while in other dialects it means nothing but the Igbo as we know it today whether tribe or language. Whether these delta igbo people used it to refer to other clans east of the niger who sold their people out to slavery as 'igbo'(slaves), I don't know, and maybe its there the name stuck up, nobody knows. But the name was carried over to the americas where the whites grouped all these clans speaking a common language together under one umbrella called 'Ebo'. Thank God they did if not the Igbo presence and identity in the slave trade would have forever been lost in the annals of history.

The usage of Igbo in Nigeria is only a recent construct that started in the 1920s. A newspaper of 1924 carries a story of an awka man and an onitsha man discussing over a new unfamiliar name the whites who had come into Nigeria were calling them. And when they prodded the whites further to ask them why they were being called a name they were not used to instead of their clan names as usual, the whites explained to them that because he the awka man speaks a language which the onicha man also speaks and understands then both clans must be related and are brothers so they will be called one name which is 'Igbo'. And they said 'ok'.

The whites used 'Igbo' to classify together all language-related clans in 'Igboland' who happened to be speaking variations of basically the same language for harmony and ease of identity. Apparently, 92% of these clans accepted their new identity. However, their former historical identity was never wiped away and was still preserved as village name or LGA name as we see today. The clan of Abia state called 'Igbere' (corrupted anglicised version of Igbo ere or Igbo ereghi) had their name borne during the slave trade when neighbouring clans tried to invade their clan to capture their children and people and sell them away as slaves. The Igbere natives fought back furiously and chased away the invaders and were very proud of their feat that they termed themselves, 'Igbo ereghi' meaning 'Igbo couldn't sell us'. Apparently, they didn't see themselves as 'Igbo' but instead the clans around them were 'Igbo' not them. Similar trend is still found in our times now, the Aboh for example.

As observed in current times, a few clans will rather stick to their native name and reject the general name classification of which they were classified under based on linguistic similarities.

The scots that you gave an example of still have their own native language called 'scottish'. But due to the terrifying language spread from their nearby english-speaking neighbours, English has crept into every nook and cranny of the land of the scots and almost uprooted their language, thus leaving most of them speaking English and less scottish. However, the people who speak English, in addition to their own native language, either monolingually or bilingually still identify as scots. The same is happening in the country of Australia today whereby the people's native language is Maori but due to the invasion and colonization of the English-speaking people in Australia coupled with the banning of Maori-speaking and the imposition of English as the sole official language in Australia, Maori language is fast becoming extinct as only less than 15% of the millions of Maorians in Australia can actually speak Maori. The 15% which when translated to numbers yields about 4,000 people only. However, the people don't identify as English but Maori.

But the case of the Igbo people is different as virtually all Igbo clans existed as well-delineated republican groups presided over a council of elders. And the Igbo people were never known to be colonialists who were won't to invade other people's lands and impose their language on them like the English. Never was that recorded in history of the Igbo people. That is why anybody who speaks an Igbo dialect today is automatically considered an Igbo person, because he is not speaking an imposed language on him but rather a language passed down to him by his ancestors which is part of his ancestral heritage acquired by the ancestors by their own self will.

If any of these Igbo clans want to claim the case of the Scottish or Maori, then let them step up and tell us what their original language was before igbo colonization wiped it away. Let them also show us at least one surviving speaker of such proto language as valid proof of their so-called Igbo colonization. I bet 1000% no one can't come up with such evidence. As strong as English is in Australia and Scotland, coupled with the voluntary imposition of English on the people, yet their original language still managed to survive and are being spoken by a few percentage of the whole populace asa turu evidence that they ARE NOT ENGLISH people, as they still have their original language. Then why can't the same be said for Aboh, Ikwerre, Ika etc?

I understand full well that its not a must an Igbo clan accepts the general 'Igbo' classification they have been given, and that each clan has a right to stick to its usual ancestral first clan name. But then it should be noted that the classification was done MAINLY on linguistic grounds as language is the strongest linking element between different set of peoples that is used to establish relations. Once two groups of peoples speak entirely different languages, then they cannot be related.

nw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 4:06am On Oct 09, 2014
Ukwuani,Aboh, Elugu and Isoama are actually Delta, Anambra and Imo of today which means the Europeans were wise enough to notice the similarity and differences between the three as different tribes but still called them Igbo in general.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by wecan: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2014
You are a fooooooool, If you have problem with people, that will not make you deny your origin. You are an Igbo man, that is natural and you will never deny it, that is what nature has made you.

victor1464:
Hey mr man..dont 4ce ur igboness on ukwuani people..i hv told u igbos so many times dat Ukwuani is an ethnic group dat speaks a language dat is considerd similar to edo and igbo language..d fact dat it falls under d igboid class of language dosnt make it igbo language.it was even d colonial masters dat made our ethnicity 2 very much popular because dey saw our culture and loved it more dan dat of d igbos....although d UKWUANIS hav been xistin 1300bc b4 d igbos existence because dey came all d way 4rm d benin empire.im absolutely sure dat d igbos left 4rm ukwuani land to settle in d less fertile land fill with red mud sand and no space 4 dem dats y igbos always fight 4 land...ukwuani means d upland people bless with much land 4 agriculture.the ukwuani empires settled in d land because it was rich and fertile 4 agriculture.we also tnk God dat d ukwuanis r so much bless with d black gold(crude oil and gas).dis is to tell u dat dey settled in d right place b4 d igbos in d east...for example,u cannot assume an urobo man 2b isoko,a bini 2b called esan,an efik man 2b called ibibio,an idoma 2b called igala,an itsekiri man 2b called yoruba man...it sounds foolish dat u igbos dont understand tins...for ur informatn it is not d igbos dat created d multi ethnic groups in nigeria so mind ur business and dont b jealous because d ukwuanis hav wat u dont have..i wish u igbos had kings dey would hav created ethnic groups...but we d ukwuanis have rulers called okpala-ukus who ruled 4 many years..they were d ones dat projected d ukwuanis to wat it is 2day.....The truth is bitter but it is good 4u igbos 2know dat we remain seperate ethnicity despite ur troubles... we d ukwuani people reject d igbos as their ethnic group because 99% speaks ukwuani language and dont understand igbo(1%)...my grand parents dont understand igbo...iv lived in kogi state,many igbos taugth dat i was a part of dem...but later found out dat i couldnt communicate wit dem in Igbo language as i was speakin my UkWUANI so they left me alone...d ukwuani culture and traditions ar totaly different 4rm dat of d igbos.their way of life,music relationship is totaly different...d igbos who have being trading in ukwuani land have even isolated themselves 4rm d ukwuani people because dey have found out everytin is different 4rm wat dey assumed..d igbos had 2 compensate themselves by celebratin their igbo cultural day in isolated places such as school playgrounds,gardens,school football stadiums etc....d northern region of nigeria has so many tribes..does it mean dat u will call dem hausa ...those in d middle belt areas(bassa,nupe,igala,idoma,tiv,etc) r not hausa but hav gotten much influence 4rm d nothern regiom may b by religious influences dat makes majority of us in d south 2 call them hausa which they r not....and so it is here in d southern region..d ukwuani people r found in d niger delta central region which hav much influences 4rm d ijaws,urobo,isoko,bini, and d larger part of igbo....all dis doesnt make dem igbo...4 ur infomation d Ukwuanis r not igbos and will neva accept it...d ukwuani is a seperat ethnic entity..we call u igbos our neigbours and somtimes our brothers.. D igbos and d ukwuani people of delta state will only come 2geda wen it bcoms political necessary and that is wat we r doin now workin 4d creation of a new state 4rm delta state called ANIOMA STATE which both 4d UkwuANIS and Igbos(aniocha people)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Will Retaliate Against UK Visa Bond / Enugu APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s Spokesman Defects To PDP / Osinbajo Pledges ‘Uncompromised Loyalty’ To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.