Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,584 members, 7,921,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians (12618 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by remababy(f): 2:33pm On May 28, 2019
Outgoing Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has bade farewell to the people of the state, as his tenure ends tomorrow, May 29, 2019.

He lost his re-election bid after he failed to win the primaries of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos last year.

The National Leader of All Progressive Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu-backed Babajide Sanwoolu, is the incoming governor of Lagos State to succeed Ambode.

Ambode, on Tuesday, published his farewell address, on his official website and social media accounts.

FULL STATEMENT:

My fellow Lagosians.

With a heart full of gratitude, I address you today for the last time as your governor. It has been an honour and a privilege of a lifetime to serve you for the last four years.

It has been a remarkable journey which has had a lasting impact on my life and I want to thank all Lagosians for the experience of these last four years.

As in the beginning when we visited every single corner of this state, listening to you and asking for your votes, I have felt the power of your support, your collective energy and the endless goodwill that has propelled us to achieve many things.

For this administration, policies, programmes and projects aimed at lifting more of our people out of poverty and making every part of the State safe, accessible and economically viable were always the priority; the driving force behind all our decisions and plans.

A few of our policies might have been unpopular but these were decisions taken with the best interest of our State in mind. With the benefit of hindsight, maybe we could have done some things differently but our intention was always clear, for the good of Lagos.

Even in those tough times, your constructive feedback and patience helped us surmount the challenges and enabled us grow stronger.

As a little boy growing up in Lagos, all I wanted was to be an accountant. This State gave me that and so much more. Our State is a land of opportunities, a home for everyone and a place where dreams come true. It is our duty and responsibility to ensure that we remain a centre of opportunities and growth for everyone; a place where people can achieve their dreams and aspirations.

From being just a commercial centre, our State has now become a prime destination for tourism, sports, entertainment and culture. And the future is even brighter with more exciting prospects and possibilities. In the near future, with God on our side, Lagos will take its rightful place in the comity of major city-States of the world.

Fellow Lagosians, it has been a remarkable journey. One in which we have pushed boundaries and moved our State to another level. A journey in which we have transformed many aspects of our State and set the ball rolling in other sectors. But there is still a lot more to be done.

But it is a job not for only the government; it is a responsibility for us all. In Lagos everyone counts and we all have a part to play.

By tomorrow, there will be a change of guard in our State. I will be stepping down and a new Governor will be sworn in. We will have a new Governor and a new administration with the same objective; achieving a better Lagos.

Those who have had the privilege of serving our dear State in different capacities especially as Governors owe their successes to your prayers, understanding and support. The same courtesy and cooperation that you gave to my predecessors from the first elected Governor of the State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande to our national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) to my humble self, I urge you to extend same to the next administration of Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu and ensure that he succeeds. It is in our best interest to do so.

I am immensely grateful to the three arms of Government, the Executive, the Legislature and the Judiciary for their immense support throughout the tenure of our administration.

I also reserve special thanks for the leadership, elders and members of our great party, the All Progressives Congress, the Local Government Councils and community leaders, all our Security agencies, civil society groups and our religious leaders.

I also owe a debt of gratitude to the President, Muhammadu Buhari, and the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osibanjo (SAN) for their support in the last four years.

To my wife, Bolanle and the children, who have had to endure many days and nights without me; I thank you for your love and steadfastness. You will continue to be my pillar of strength.

To all Lagosians; for your love, compassion, cooperation and support, I am eternally grateful. My love always.

God bless you.

God bless Lagos State, and

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Itesiwaju ipinle eko lo je wa logun!

His Excellency

Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode

Governor of Lagos State

27 MAY, 2019.

source https://thickmatch.com/full-text-governor-ambodes-farewell-address-lagosians/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Waakanda: 2:39pm On May 28, 2019
Eko o gba gbere cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by nzeobi(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2019
a man that meant well for the masses, very unfortunate the masses deserted him during his trials and supported their oppressors.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Stanleyville(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2019
grin

The fat coward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by akaahs(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2019
eyaaahhhh, u do well
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by sarmuel97(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2019
we gonna miss you ambo

5 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by tstx(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2019
Yawn....

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by weller980: 6:18pm On May 28, 2019
WITH THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO A MOST-SOUGHT AFTER WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER IN 4 WEEKS – 100% GUARANTEED!

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO: A friend recommends a certain website, so you click on the link. And wow – even though you can't put your finger on it, everything about the site seems to fit together superbly, from the colors, Web Design and entire functionality. Although you haven't visited the site before, you know just how to navigate it. The search function even works. For all this and more, you can give kudos to the talented Web developer - and probably you have nursing the dream of becoming a WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER

Build A Job-Ready Career As Website Developer. Learn to Create Professional & Functional Websites.
Get Tutored and Mentored by Experts who have developed hundreds of Websites, Web & Mobile Apps

What You Get -Practical Training Outlines

- Everything You Need to Know About Becoming a WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- What are the important time-tested and trusted Skills, Technologies and Training needed to Become A WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT Profession
- The Fundamentals of Web technologies – HTML, CSS and Javascript
- SEO – Basic and advanced applications of Google Analytics, Console and Yoast
- Basic and Advance implementation of Site Speed optimization
- Achieving mobile responsiveness
- Domain registration and propagation
- Procuring best Host Registrars with most advanced and reliable hosting features
- How Best to host multiple Websites on a single Hosting platform
- Website Maintenance and Management principles
- Web Design with Photoshop
- PLUS MUCH MORE!

FEES: N32,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N35,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: Monday, 3rd of june, 2019

TIME: 10am – 2pm daily (time subject to changes for training flexibility)

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Intense Marathon Practical Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training available but with higher charges)

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Websites Development

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by sarmuel97(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2019
sarmuel97:
we gonna miss you ambo

kindly check my signature
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by barrypro: 6:18pm On May 28, 2019
smiley
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by DjCandyMusic(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2019
Make I just yansh these Ambode wife.. E be like say the guy tooo Dull
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by osmek: 6:30pm On May 28, 2019
Akinwumi Ambode officially changes Twitter bio to “former governor of Lagos”
https://osmeknews.com/akinwumi-ambode-officially-changes-twitter-bio-to-former-governor-of-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Opiletool(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2019
He should list mercy aigbe's house as part of his achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 28, 2019
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Rule4God(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2019
May your good works speak for you & always learn to improve in other capacity also.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by damola1: 6:33pm On May 28, 2019
we can't all be perfect.

I appreciate the fact that he did light up lagos. It's definitely reduced crime rate and also improved movement at Night.

But men, he messed up for road, from oba akran in ikeja to off oba akran.. e no try at all, especially for the state capital.

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 28, 2019
Shalom to you too
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2019
Waakanda:
Eko o gba gbere cool

Ekoooo Ile ogbon

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2019
DjCandyMusic:
Make I just yansh these Ambode wife.. E be like say the guy tooo Dull

How you wan take see am sef

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by wunmi590(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2019
nzeobi:
a man that meant well for the masses, very unfortunate the masses deserted him during his trials and supported their oppressors.

You are really on point.

I am a lagocian and a PDP fan, but truth be told, this guy really meant well for lagos as a whole.

Lagos state would miss him, he has my vote, and I will always vote for him anytime anyday.

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Akjwyzepal(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2019
nzeobi:
the same oppressor that put him there. Are you the voice of the masses? Speak for yourself. #truthisbetter
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Opinedecandid(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2019
Stanleyville:
grin

The fat coward

You are spewing thrash.
It makes everyone on this thread to know that you are a 'Tinubu' ass-leaker.
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by SaintM90(m): 9:05pm On May 28, 2019
If you know God will punish Tinubu! Do like this

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by phemmie06(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2019
I really love this man, I pray Lagos will continue to move forward
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by olowo1995(m): 9:40pm On May 28, 2019
Thank you for your wastage four years making Lagos now morr or less like a dust bin, thank you for your wastage four years of all the port holes all around the street of lagos, thank you for all your wastage four years of making the park for the Agbero to have an abode while all moving vehicles has to keep on changing spring consistently due the port holes.
Thank you! Thank you !! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by festusukpong(m): 9:47pm On May 28, 2019
Farewell sir. but the problem i personally have with you is, turning Lagos state to a dirty and obscene place. because i remember visited Lagos back in 2013. vividly i still remember how the state was back then, clean and comfortable place to live in.

you were eager to change things to your own taste and interest, but you ended up a failure and disgraced out of the office.

if I were you, I would have rather maintain the vision and mission on ground before setting up a new strategy for the sole purpose of the Lagosian. What happened to the BRT BUSES you met on ground?? this and many things you have destroyed and introduced yours...

I wish you well Sir in your new phase of life...

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by festusukpong(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2019
olowo1995:
Thank you for your wastage four years making Lagos now morr or less like a dust bin, thank you for your wastage four years of all the port holes all around the street of lagos, thank you for all your wastage four years of making the park for the Agbero to have an abode while all moving vehicles has to keep on changing spring consistently due the port holes.
Thank you! Thank you !! Thank you!!!
.... well observed sir...
Re: Full Text Of Governor Ambode’s Farewell Address To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 28, 2019
nzeobi:

He was not deserted by the masses. They so much love him and wished to do anything to re-elect him but the few owners of Lagos won't let that happen. The few owners of Lagos won't let that happen . Not just few owners JUST ONE MAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC To Political Parties: Deadline For Primaries Will NOT Be Extended / Wike: Ayu Worked Against My Emergence As PDP Presidential Candidate / Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.