Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,108 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! (4540 Views)

Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by lilmax(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2019
lol this guy feels like he wrote something intelligent

from your posts, your kids are on the way, it's not hard to figure out cheesy
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Oyindidi(f): 9:36pm On May 30, 2019
Your choice, nobody get time to argue back and forth with you.

6 Likes

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Afrosage(f): 11:11am On May 31, 2019
lolsss...thanks to everyone dat put him in his place...dude is trying so hard to sound different n outta d world n from ur write up(u won't be here seeking opinions if u really meant it ) u won't only have a kid,u will have kids.

4 Likes

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 9:06pm On May 31, 2019
Vyolet:

Hi anti-natalist...
Do you know your reasons for not wanting kids are as asinine as same reason those that want kids present?
An antinatalist would never even think of bringing forth kids not to talk of giving reason as shallow as the world is filled with evil to justify their cause.

You were approbating and reprobating at the same time.
You said an antinatalist wouldn't want to bring kids to the world in the first place"

Did I say I want to bring kids to the world.

I guess this is even the first time you have heard that word "antinatalist"

How many books in that area have you read?
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 9:10pm On May 31, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You are not an anti- naturalist. You're just confused based on what I'm reading here 'cause your reasons for not wanting kids seems more situational than that of an anti-naturalist. What do I mean? If the world was less 'evil' would you have nurtured the idea of having kids? That aside, do you know wealth could make your kids not know there's evil in the world?

Calling people's opinion who wish to have kids for continuity(primogeniture) asinine goes a long way to prove that you're immature. No insult intended.

You talked of immortalizing your name by establishing a company, or having a copyright. Well, there are CEOs who died and their companies died along with them. Secondly, not all books would give you the fame Chinua Achebe and the likes have.

Was only thinking differently.

In as much as you are entitled to your opinion or to think differently, it still doesn't give you the latitude or leeway for undiluted stupidity.

The primogeniture (sic) reason is bunkum by the mere fact that you wouldn't be bothered upon your demise.
So whether your name is maintained then or not is immaterial to a dead man!

Again, I never used the world anti naturalist. I wonder how you ascribed it to me.

ASIDE: Take notice that primogeniture you used is wrong.
Primogeniture refers to the right of or custom where the first or eldest legitimate son is allowed to get the main or all inheritance.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 9:17pm On May 31, 2019
breakerofchains:
You'd be surprised now many women don't want to have kids.Finding one shouldnt be too difficult but hopefully,you are not the average naija guy because for a woman in a society as ours to be bold enough to not want kids,she probably won't subscribe to patriarchal standards like submission and all that. Be ready to be treated as an equal not a Lord. She will be very. different from your regular naija girl. I must commend your honesty too . A breath of fresh air.

Thanks.

cool shocked

Cool
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2019
cc bukatyne amakavula ubunja
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2019
waiting
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by loveliveshere: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Contumely:
waiting
Hey, we could hook up you know.
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by DeeMain(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2019
We are all unique.

Learn to accept your own uniqueness and give others the permissuon and the freedom to be unique too.

It's okay if you don't want to have children, OP. Don't let the hounds hound you into something you don't want or have the nature for.

Many people, men and women alike, who have the same inclination as the OP, have acquiesced to societal pressures and given birth to kids they don't have the wiring to raise.

It's painful to watch people who have zero parenting programming raise a kid. It is the backdrop to raising a broken and wounded child.

Not everyone is meant to be a parent.

Know Thyself.

5 Likes

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
loveliveshere:

Hi could you please send me an sms or call on 090362O0129. Or drop your number or email, I pick it then you delete afterwards.

Can't access pms
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Finelinks: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
loveliveshere:

Are you sure you don't want kids?

cool
How do you ward off womb watchers?
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by rosy1992(f): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
I hope OP has been able to get such a lady.
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
rosy1992:
shocked cool
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by AZeD1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
khatea:
OP! Ur write up summarises selfishness plus irresponsibility... Ur dad married ur mom to have you without being self centered, ur blood need be tested. #walksaway
Who told you his dad married the mum?
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
Contumely:
This is weird. It's strange and outside the societal norms.

But then, I have yet to see compelling reasons why I should have kids especially in this sinful world, nay Nigeria.

The most prominent reason I hear is

"I want someone to bear my name"

This reason to me is asinine.

I mean, what's my business with people bearing my name?
Will it matter upon my demise? Of what benefit or use is that if I die?

I feel If I care so much about immortalizing my name then starting a company like Toyota, Toshiba etc should do that. Or maybe writing books : Achebe, Robert Green etc.. Or establishing a school, hospital etc.

Another reason is "Who will take care of you in old age?"

I feel like this shouldn't be an issue if there is some money somewhere that one could rely on. Money answers all things you know!

I just feel like I need a woman whom I would love, cherish her as my companion, travel the world with her and of course have seex and share our lives together.

I love women. But don't feel like I want kids. Could it be that I feel I may be unable to sacrifice a lot for them?

Or could it because I feel the world is evil with so much pain hence no need bringing kids into the world.

It seems I am an antinatalist you know.

Firstly, What do you think about this?

Secondly, How do I find a woman that has same views?

Cheers!

HI

This is just to notify you that I share your school of thoughts

In fact, your views show that you are well-read and a great thinker

I have thought about the benefits of having a child.

And I don't see any compelling rational reason why someone should have a child in our modern society.

The risks are just too much.

The child may die

The child may become indoctrinated with theistic ideology

The child may end up not liking you or not doing what you like

Let's not even talk about the cost of education and nurturing the child.

Please don't argue with people here.

Most of them have been indoctrinated and you will be wasting your time liberating them from their gullibility.

I recommend that you should read THE GOD DELUSION by Richard Dawkins.

It would give you more insight into the response you seek.

By the way, finding such a woman that would subscribe to no child policy is rare in Nigeria. The reason is that women here have been indoctrinated to believe without having a child, they are worthless

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
rosy992:
lol
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
olu michaels
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by extremelygolden: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
Contumely:
olu michaels

When am I coming to eat rice at your wedding?

I wish you happiness in your marriage.
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
extremelygolden:

When am I coming to eat rice at your wedding?
I wish you happiness in your marriage.
antinatalist
food don done oo
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by extremelygolden: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Contumely:

antinatalist

food don done oo

I was expecting your pre-wedding pictures with the lady that indicated interest.
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Antinatalist: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2019
Contumely:

antinatalist

food don done oo

Why always tag me
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2019
undecided
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Holycity(f): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
so you are married now....
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
Holycity:
so you are married now....
lol
No
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Contumely2022: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hi

Reciprocal lorhema jane1238

Please you can send mail to lagosnissan
2022@ gmail.com.

I can't access pm and My main account "contumely"
Re: I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
What his dad and mom did is none of his business. So, don't use them in this matter.
khatea:
OP! Ur write up summarises selfishness plus irresponsibility... Ur dad married ur mom to have you without being self centered, ur blood need be tested. #walksaway

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come In Here For Your Cheap Electronics And Furniture Deals / Fallen Out Of Love With Husband / Big Ass, Big Breast, Or Curvy Girls Are Overrated On The Media.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.