Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,035 members, 7,976,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:16 PM

Former Wife Of Jeff Bezos, Mckenzie Donates Half Of Her $36.6billion To Charity - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Former Wife Of Jeff Bezos, Mckenzie Donates Half Of Her $36.6billion To Charity (330 Views)

Jeff Bezos' $500 Million Yacht Has A Sculpture Of His Girlfriend Lauren Sanchez / Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully / Jeff Bezos' Space Rocket Is Set To Begin Selling Tickets For Rides Into Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Wife Of Jeff Bezos, Mckenzie Donates Half Of Her $36.6billion To Charity by AstroWorld(m): 1:29am On May 30, 2019
McKenzie Bezos, the now-ex wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, is worth an estimated $36.6 billion.

She has announced she will be donating half of her massive fortune to charity. The former novelist finalised her divorce from Jeff a few months ago and immediately became one of the wealthiest people in the world in her own right. She has signed up to the Giving Pledge, launched by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, which prompts wealthy folk to give away their fortunes. ‘I have a disproportionate amount of money to share,’ she said in a letter announcing her involvement with the pledge. ‘My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I won’t wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty,’ she said. She is one of 19 new individuals who have signed up to the pledge. Another was Brian Acton, the co-founder of WhatsApp.

McKenzie Bezos’ personal net worth is now believed to sit at around $36.6 billion, putting her at number 22 on the list of wealthiest people, according to Bloomberg.
Her ex-husband still vastly outstrips her with a net worth of roughly $114 billion. Jeff Bezos is spending his money on acquiring the Washington Post and building his private space company Blue Origin, which will compete with Elon Musk’s SpaceX.

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/former-wife-of-jeff-bezos-mckenzie-donates-half-of-her-36-6billion-to-charity/

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Phone Airtime Online Very Quickly / Electric Security Perimeter Fencing Installation / How To Recover Deleted Yahoo Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.